Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue | WBC & WBO 122 lbs bout | July 25 - page 43. (Read 7043 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
That's right, Inoue is not your ordinary boxer who's is easy to predict and evident to see his limits. Currently, there's no boxer that managed to unlock Inoue's weakness and Donaire was the only boxer who actually gave him a good toe-to-toe fight but even that fight wasn't enough to show his weakness and up until now, it's still a mystery and it will be an expensive move by any boxer just to know what is it.

For weakness of Inoue to unfold, he just needs to fight a better boxer than he is.  He may be dominated the bantamweight division, but I do not think that he will do the same in the super bantamweight.  Super Bantamweight is a different division and there are several known boxers that can possibly defeat Inoue in this division.  The boxer in this division have heavier punches and more resistance to blows or punches, and since Inoue is taking a shortcut, he probably doesn't know the extent of the punching power of this division.

Again with this shortcut thing Grin

Really? Why do people keep on insisting that Inoue did a much easier path that directs him to the championship fight when in-fact he earned it because he managed to unify all the belts at 118 and then there's this WBO who gave him a super-champion title which mandates that he can fight directly with Fulton and not Murodjon.

Did you honestly expect that Inoue and the other guys who did a successful run in their previous division to start at the bottom? That's a perk, not a shortcut. They earned it.
I also think it is odd people are referring to what is happening in this way when this is not the case, the four major boxing associations made a deal that if a boxer is able to unify all the belts and that boxer wants to move up a division then they will immediately give that fighter a chance to fight for a title on that new division, this is why Usyk was able to fight Joshua after becoming the undisputed at the cruiserweight division, so this is not even a favor that is being made to Inoue, this is just part of the standard procedure that any fighter will receive if they show they can completely dominate their current division.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
That's right, Inoue is not your ordinary boxer who's is easy to predict and evident to see his limits. Currently, there's no boxer that managed to unlock Inoue's weakness and Donaire was the only boxer who actually gave him a good toe-to-toe fight but even that fight wasn't enough to show his weakness and up until now, it's still a mystery and it will be an expensive move by any boxer just to know what is it.

For weakness of Inoue to unfold, he just needs to fight a better boxer than he is.  He may be dominated the bantamweight division, but I do not think that he will do the same in the super bantamweight.  Super Bantamweight is a different division and there are several known boxers that can possibly defeat Inoue in this division.  The boxer in this division have heavier punches and more resistance to blows or punches, and since Inoue is taking a shortcut, he probably doesn't know the extent of the punching power of this division.

We are going to find out after this fight. Inoue is heavily favored here because he is a hyped boxer, so let's see if our expectations will be met by Inoue. He is a KO artist, and fighters like that usually gain attention from the public since they are entertaining boxers. So in this fight, everyone is still expecting that Inoue will win via KO.

Yes, there's no doubt that Inoue will be favored to be the favorite whether by people or by bookies because he is making some noise in the industry. People might not know him before because his name started to scatter when he first defeat the Filipino Flash, Nonito Donaire on their first encounter and then the rest is already a history. Now, he is on a different division looking forward to mark the division again. It will be interesting to see how will he perform this time as this is his debut.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 605

Really? Why do people keep on insisting that Inoue did a much easier path that directs him to the championship fight when in-fact he earned it because he managed to unify all the belts at 118 and then there's this WBO who gave him a super-champion title which mandates that he can fight directly with Fulton and not Murodjon.

Did you honestly expect that Inoue and the other guys who did a successful run in their previous division to start at the bottom? That's a perk, not a shortcut. They earned it.

Super Bantamweight is a different division and there are several known boxers that can possibly defeat Inoue in this division
A different division but not that really different as the difference was just 4 lbs or a kilo and a half. Also, Inoue already had some signs previously before he made the climb that 118 might not be suitable for him anymore as his weight continues to add up, so there's a huge chance that 122 might be his natural weight.

he probably doesn't know the extent of the punching power of this division.
I guess it's the other way around Cheesy

I agree because that's somehow normal already for the champions to face another champions directly in the upper weight class and that includes Naoya Inoue as he unified all the belts in bantamweight.
Like for example the legendary Manny Pacquaio, I'm quite positive enough that he cannot attain such feat to be an 8-Division world champion if he started at the bottom in his every climb in the upper weight classes.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

Super Bantamweight is a different division and there are several known boxers that can possibly defeat Inoue in this division
A different division but not that really different as the difference was just 4 lbs or a kilo and a half. Also, Inoue already had some signs previously before he made the climb that 118 might not be suitable for him anymore as his weight continues to add up, so there's a huge chance that 122 might be his natural weight.

he probably doesn't know the extent of the punching power of this division.
I guess it's the other way around Cheesy
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

We are going to find out after this fight. Inoue is heavily favored here because he is a hyped boxer, so let's see if our expectations will be met by Inoue. He is a KO artist, and fighters like that usually gain attention from the public since they are entertaining boxers. So in this fight, everyone is still expecting that Inoue will win via KO.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 2548
Merit: 533
"CoinPoker.com"

Speaking about perfection then we do see those boxers who doesnt really have any defeat or loss which we could say that they are really that legend or good on this boxing industry.
I wont really be that surprised if ever Inoue would really be retiring without having that single loss on a certain fight.Although this would really be still a long journey or something that
cant really be determined since we dont know if there would be those strong boxers whom he would able to face off.We cant really even guarantee that this upcoming
fight doesnt impose risks on Inoue's flawless stats.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
Back to topic, i expect this fight will be in US not in Japan, as the current title holder Stephen needs more recognition than that, but still respect to their team for accepting such offer to fight in the challenger's hometown.

The first time Fulton will fight in Japan and seems he doesn't bother anyway which is good.

Yes, he embrace that challenge that only few fighters wanted to go that route. To go to Japan and face their best boxer right now in Inoue. So he is unfazed with it, and just think of it as a big test on him mentally.

Some critics throw words at Inoue on not fighting outside Japan not realizing that he's not even in charge of where the fight should happen and Japan no doubt does have a big market in the boxing industry which is also considered a good event place for a big title fight.

Regardless, I'm sure the home arena is not a big deal and Fulton will just fight with the same approach to every of his fight.

You're right, there are a lot of Japanese promoters as well not just in boxing but in other combat sports. That's why they even stages New Year fight with Rizin and they were able to lure Floyd and Manny to fight on such exhibition fights.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
I remember when Inoue turned pro, he was hyped a lot in Japan. The kid refused to continue as an amateur after failing to qualify in the Olympics and went to pro. He picked a Ph national champion with a decent record and I thought about how he dared an experienced pro on his debut. I was hoping Inoue will lose. We'll then, Inoue stopped his foe in his debut and after just 3 wins, he dared to face future world champion Taguchi and won. The rest is history, after 5 wins he fought for a world title, becoming the fastest Japanese to become a world champion and breaking the record of the current 115 champion, Kazuto Ioka.

Now there is no stopping for Inoue's ambitions as he wants to become a 4-division world champion and this time in order to match Ioka's 4-division championship again, the most in Japanese boxing. We will see if Fulton allows that to happen.

It's a long way to go for Inoue to become Japan's next 4 division world champion and be probably in the category of 5 division world champ with Naoko Fujioka, sixth world might be a stretch for him, but we will see.

And he has a good chance against Fulton here, it might be his biggest test so far, but with the way Inoue is improving and we might not see his prime years yet, he might achieved that feat and tie Ioka's record for a Japanese boxer.

He is still in his prime, so I don't want to limit the possibility of him achieving more success in the future. In my opinion, Inoue is an extraordinary fighter. He is a heavy hitter, just like Manny Pacquiao. If he can take care of his body and conditioning, he will most likely still be a great boxer even if he goes up to challenge the big fighters in higher divisions.

legendary
Merit: 1083
He is still in his prime, so I don't want to limit the possibility of him achieving more success in the future. In my opinion, Inoue is an extraordinary fighter. He is a heavy hitter, just like Manny Pacquiao. If he can take care of his body and conditioning, he will most likely still be a great boxer even if he goes up to challenge the big fighters in higher divisions.

It's a good test that we will see Naoya Inoue fighting a much caliber fighter. After being the most dominant at 118, no one can even be close to him in that division. At 122, we want to see if Inoue will also have the same journey as 118, and 122 doesn't really have much of that difference.

If he beats Fulton, let's expect that instead of a title defense, a unification match is probably the next thing that can happen to him.

If fortunate things continue to happen to Inoue, he can go up to Super Featherweight (130) or even up to Lightweight (135).
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Back to topic, i expect this fight will be in US not in Japan, as the current title holder Stephen needs more recognition than that, but still respect to their team for accepting such offer to fight in the challenger's hometown.

The first time Fulton will fight in Japan and seems he doesn't bother anyway which is good.

Some critics throw words at Inoue on not fighting outside Japan not realizing that he's not even in charge of where the fight should happen and Japan no doubt does have a big market in the boxing industry which is also considered a good event place for a big title fight.

Regardless, I'm sure the home arena is not a big deal and Fulton will just fight with the same approach to every of his fight.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
I remember when Inoue turned pro, he was hyped a lot in Japan. The kid refused to continue as an amateur after failing to qualify in the Olympics and went to pro. He picked a Ph national champion with a decent record and I thought about how he dared an experienced pro on his debut. I was hoping Inoue will lose. We'll then, Inoue stopped his foe in his debut and after just 3 wins, he dared to face future world champion Taguchi and won. The rest is history, after 5 wins he fought for a world title, becoming the fastest Japanese to become a world champion and breaking the record of the current 115 champion, Kazuto Ioka.

Now there is no stopping for Inoue's ambitions as he wants to become a 4-division world champion and this time in order to match Ioka's 4-division championship again, the most in Japanese boxing. We will see if Fulton allows that to happen.

It's a long way to go for Inoue to become Japan's next 4 division world champion and be probably in the category of 5 division world champ with Naoko Fujioka, sixth world might be a stretch for him, but we will see.

And he has a good chance against Fulton here, it might be his biggest test so far, but with the way Inoue is improving and we might not see his prime years yet, he might achieved that feat and tie Ioka's record for a Japanese boxer.

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551

Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child

Activity: 2422
Merit: 343
This is why its unlikely that there would be some unjustifiable counts of punches landed and missed out on this one.Lets just see on whose better inside the ring
between these two.

Let's forget that speculation of cheating and anything else. I doubt that will happen in this fight.

Naoya Inoue surely is pissed if something like that happened where the clear winner of the fight won't be the announced winner.

It will also ruin the market of the boxing industry in Japan if such big fights will be associated with cheating.

There will be no cheating speculation in this fight because it will not be decided by the judges. I'm pretty sure one of them will win via KO, but I have doubts it will be Fulton since Inoue has been eliminating boxers that he fought, and I think he will be more aggressive against a champion.

Yes, Inoue has been steam rolling everyone at 118 lbs, and since he has move up to super bantamweight, champion like Fulton is waiting for him. So give credit for Fulton here, he might be really confident and thinks that he need to beat Inoue, and gain the respect.

For Inoue's climbing up, yes, it might not be so difficult for him after all. And it just happen that he will go against one of the best champion in this division, nevertheless, he will be still be the favorite against the American.

When an Asian fighter is favored against an American, it typically means the fighter is really good. Given that Foltun is the champion, he should be the favorite, but due to Inoue's dominance in the bantamweight division, many people think it's just another day in the office for Inoue. They believe he will do his usual thing, which is to dominate the fight and knock out his opponent.

We are about to witness another historic fight since this will be Inoue's first fight in the super bantamweight division. If he beats the champion with an impressive win, the hype surrounding him will only grow stronger.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 880
Top Crypto Casino
Can we just talk about that if we see cheating being happened on this fight?

It's more making sense to discuss the technical side of this fight like analysis from both and recent news involving the fight.

Going back to topic, still no official date being announced but I'm sure we will get that information later on.
Apologize getting off topic, this is just to reply and debunk the quoted boxing myth.

legendary
Merit: 1083
Yes, Inoue has been steam rolling everyone at 118 lbs, and since he has move up to super bantamweight, champion like Fulton is waiting for him. So give credit for Fulton here, he might be really confident and thinks that he need to beat Inoue, and gain the respect.

The situation just got into a timing. If Inoue didn't move up, Fulton is about to make a move in the 126 lbs. But since it's timing that Inoue moved up and Fulton is still the champion, he needs to finish some tasks first before moving forward to avoid any regrets in his career.

It's good no ducking happened, thanks to their respective promoters that even a business competitors, they grant what the boxing fans and not involved any business drama like what happened to the supposed Donaire vs Moloney bout that got cancelled.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
This is where should Fulton be showing on whose the champion on that division and would definitely earn that respect but lets see if Inoue would be easily snatched out those belts and would really be having
that domination but he couldn't really just that too confident because Fulton wouldnt surely be giving up the belt easily and this is something that really interesting to see or look
at considering that Inoue had stepped up on the ladder and trying out to test his power on higher weight divisions.It wont really be that simple i guess just as usual
but knowing "the monster" then for sure he wont disappoint.

That's mainly the reason why this fight attracts a lot of attention in the whole boxing industry because apart from seeing Inoue's journey in this new weight class, this is also about Fulton's title defense against a boxer who is touted to be a monster just like what his nickname shows. Even us, right? We can't really let this slide because both mentioned boxers do have a decent chance and capabilities to knock down each other. That said, I think this fight will go down to who will crumble first and who can weather all the vicious punches.
If this one would end up on toe to toe kind of fight then basing up on physique then i would really be seeing Fulton would be better but seeing Inoue's body on his recent fight against Butler which i could say

that he could able to match it up too.This is more interesting if the fight wont really be involving much clinching or running just like on what Butler did which is really that disappointing.

Hope we could see a belt to belt fight without involving of having running all around.Lots of people been liking to see for Inoue to dominate this new weight division.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
also, as japanese people are known to be honest people, i don't think they will go to that route of cheating. so am pretty confident about this fight. fulton should not worry about the cheating aspect.
I will argue with this, there are lots of recorded fights against japanese boxer on their hometown that was cheated either by japanese referee intervention stoping the fight even though the other fighter can still fight. Or by the judges score. That's why KO is always needed for someone to win versus a japanese fighter fighting in Japan. Just example the previous fight of casimero, although later on it was fixed.

Can we just talk about that if we see cheating being happened on this fight?

It's more making sense to discuss the technical side of this fight like analysis from both and recent news involving the fight.

Going back to topic, still no official date being announced but I'm sure we will get that information later on.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 880
Top Crypto Casino
also, as japanese people are known to be honest people, i don't think they will go to that route of cheating. so am pretty confident about this fight. fulton should not worry about the cheating aspect.
I will argue with this, there are lots of recorded fights against japanese boxer on their hometown that was cheated either by japanese referee intervention stoping the fight even though the other fighter can still fight. Or by the judges score. That's why KO is always needed for someone to win versus a japanese fighter fighting in Japan. Just example the previous fight of casimero, although later on it was fixed.
Pages:
Jump to: