Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 24. (Read 19631 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
I agree that the formula should be as simple as possible being on the DT can be included into recognition score. For every period on DT you can get a little extra.

Maybe not so much being in DT but rather some sort of cumulative total of all inclusions and exclusions weighed by something or other (wanted to say merit but that might be wrong).

I'd probably do something like this if I had time, even if it's not part of the recognition score.

That would be nice as some extra stats.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Shouldn't sent merit have some influence over recognition score?
That would mean a higher Recognition score for Merit sources.

It is a form of iteration between users.
So is received feedback (positive, neutral and negative). Even sent feedback makes a user more recognized, especially if they're on DT. And Trust list inclusions add to it too.

I wouldn't add any of these though.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I had an idea a few days ago. Shouldn't sent merit have some influence over recognition score?

It is a form of iteration between users. Maybe it could have some low weight in the recognition formulate. (less than earned merit ofc)

I would say no, because merit received is influenced by merit sent.

Also, assigning weights to the simple formula will makes the cries of manipulation louder.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I had an idea a few days ago. Shouldn't sent merit have some influence over recognition score?

It is a form of iteration between users. Maybe it could have some low weight in the recognition formulate. (less than earned merit ofc)
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Maximum words per minute.
You are scaring me... with this "maximum words per minute" mindset.
I already know I'd trigger this all the time Sad

You would have to exclude some threads such as any data dump threads by LoyceV or tranthidung as well as the known alts thread or any loan threads where lenders and applicants are posting signed messages (or the post your address with (a) signed message thread.
legendary
I already know I'd trigger this all the time Sad
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Is there any chance the BPIP.org pages time's can be manually set to either GMT, Local PC clock or even match BitCoinTalk.org 's default time?

BPIP should be on UTC, just like the forum.

When I first programmed it, I did not take time zones into account.  So any lingering issues are probably my initial fault.  :/

BPIP Team - I'd love to make a suggestion for a feature that could help in the fight against spam.

When you parse a recent post, calculate the length of the post and the time from their last post, to produce their typing speed.  Keep the highest value, and sort by that metric.   You'll easily be able to see people who cut and paste, or just spew out words without context. 

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Snap out of it... VOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concededly, it would be interesting to see how such a measure might play out from member to member.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Is there any chance the BPIP.org pages time's can be manually set to either GMT, Local PC clock or even match BitCoinTalk.org 's default time?

BPIP should be on UTC, just like the forum.

When I first programmed it, I did not take time zones into account.  So any lingering issues are probably my initial fault.  :/

BPIP Team - I'd love to make a suggestion for a feature that could help in the fight against spam.

When you parse a recent post, calculate the length of the post and the time from their last post, to produce their typing speed.  Keep the highest value, and sort by that metric.   You'll easily be able to see people who cut and paste, or just spew out words without context. 
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓

Recent discussions such as the Is BitcoinGirl.Club hacked? thread and the known alts threads are examples where two different time zones are being employed in the same post which can potentially lead to confusion down the track when referencing those posts at later dates.
legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Do you have cookies disabled or set to delete after you close the browser? It needs a cookie to save the settings so it won't persist e.g. on Tor Browser with default settings.

I just tried with Firefox and it does remember the settings when cookies are enabled.
Thanks. It is working fine now.
I have custom settings for my browser and it was indeed deleting cookie for BPIP website.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Thanks for the bug reports, although this is sorta the same bug you've already reported.. just on a different page.  Smiley
It will be fixed on the next release, I have already added in JS on the development site to fix all tooltips from overlapping, on any page.
Let us know if you see anything else!

Indeed, it's a similar issue. But better safe than sorry Smiley I considered that it's better to mention it, hoping you will fix it, than not mentioning it and, in case it was a different bug, to risk having it there forever.
I'll keep you posted with everything else that I can find!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Meaning, I choose specific theme and remove background image for faster loading, then I save it, but next time I start BPIP it is all back to default settings.
Is it like this only for me or for everyone?

Do you have cookies disabled or set to delete after you close the browser? It needs a cookie to save the settings so it won't persist e.g. on Tor Browser with default settings.

I just tried with Firefox and it does remember the settings when cookies are enabled.
legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%

Guys I am using BPIP on regular basis and it is amazing work from everyone.
One thing I need to ask is why does theme save setting is not working correctly?
Meaning, I choose specific theme and remove background image for faster loading, then I save it, but next time I start BPIP it is all back to default settings.
Is it like this only for me or for everyone?
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Thanks for the bug reports, although this is sorta the same bug you've already reported.. just on a different page.  Smiley
It will be fixed on the next release, I have already added in JS on the development site to fix all tooltips from overlapping, on any page.
Let us know if you see anything else!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Hey there!

I addition to the previous overlap mentioned by me a while ago, I just noticed another one. This one is also present on the mobile (Android) version of the site and it is related to the descriptions of Merit, Activity, Feedback Trust and Recognition.

In order to reach the bug, you have to perform the following actions:

- launch the site on mobile
- search (and find) any valid profile
- click on the "?" symbol placed next to each of the following: Merit, Activity, Feedback Trust and Recognition - let's suppose we pick the "?" placed next to Merit - at this point, the Merit's description will be displayed on the screen
- click on another "?" symbol placed next to any of the remaining three section (considering that one was selected at the previous step) - let's suppose we pick the "?" placed next to Activity - at this point, the Activity's description will be displayed on the screen
- repeat this operation for the remaining two "?"

Result: the descriptions of four entities will be overlapped (please see the picture https://i.imgur.com/hxwLM3j.jpg).

Suggestion: in order to have bug fixed, I think that if an user clicks on the "?" symbol placed next to any of the four entities (MATR), this action should dismiss an eventual previous click on another "?" symbol. Thus, only one description will be displayed on the screen.
legendary
Can you check this?

Ah poop... fetched the file into the wrong folder again. Should be good next week.
legendary
Did something fail in scraping latest Trust lists this week? The profiles still link to last week's Trust list.
Thank you, I've manually updated the file on our side.. but to get it automated again, suchmoon will have to adjust the scheduled task to start saving the updated file in the newer directory. Smiley
Done.
Can you check this?
legendary
Did something fail in scraping latest Trust lists this week? The profiles still link to last week's Trust list.
Thank you, I've manually updated the file on our side.. but to get it automated again, suchmoon will have to adjust the scheduled task to start saving the updated file in the newer directory. Smiley

Done.

For the 3 newer infrastructure pages, they seem quick to me, at least when I'm using them... I haven't seen it not load at all either. Maybe there is a general server resource issue happening which I can't really see. suchmoon may need to look into the server's resource usage and see if it is having any issues throughout the day (if he hasn't already  Smiley ).

I believe it's technically running two sites at the moment, so I'm sure it's consuming more resources than we'd like, but it wasn't really possible to port every page over in a timely fashion so this phased-in approach seemed to be the best route.

I didn't see anything extraordinary. The new site isn't using any significant amount of memory. There are some scheduled tasks running, including the scraper, that might affect database performance. I'll see if I can set up some monitoring for slow requests.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.

edit:
It got worse: https://bpip.org/r/dt1changes.aspx took 14 seconds to load, and https://bpip.org/Profile?p=loycev first didn't load at all, then took a few seconds on retry.
Not sure what to say about the performance issues you are mentioning... all of the .aspx pages are still under the same infrastructure as before, so it should be the same performance-wise.

For the 3 newer infrastructure pages, they seem quick to me, at least when I'm using them... I haven't seen it not load at all either. Maybe there is a general server resource issue happening which I can't really see. suchmoon may need to look into the server's resource usage and see if it is having any issues throughout the day (if he hasn't already  Smiley ).

I believe it's technically running two sites at the moment, so I'm sure it's consuming more resources than we'd like, but it wasn't really possible to port every page over in a timely fashion so this phased-in approach seemed to be the best route.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: