Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 29. (Read 19575 times)

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
Is this a bug from BPIP or the forum? or I am missing something?

Source: BPIP

This user woke up two times in 24 hours.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
My guess is they don't have any DT1-inclusions, so they're not on DT2 at all. Something similar to my previous suggestion not to show those, as they're "irrelevant" to DefaultTrust.
It's more DT1 exclusion than inclusion as well. I mean DT1 inclusion < DT1 exclusion.
When theymos compiled the DT1 for this month, all of these users had DT1 inclusion > DT1 exclusion but after the compilation some users who trusted/distrusted them has changed their minds and perhaps new DT1 came and excluded also which eventually made more DT1 exclusion then DT1 inclusion they had.

I think it makes sense :-P
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Each one of these instances I've noticed it's the end of the line where (for whatever reason) there is not DT1/DT2 logo.
My guess is they don't have any DT1-inclusions, so they're not on DT2 at all. Something similar to my previous suggestion not to show those, as they're "irrelevant" to DefaultTrust.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'm having trouble taking a screen shot at the moment.  This is just a question about the dt1 page.  I've noticed a couple of users don't show up as DT1 or DT2, is this a thing, or is it a glitch?

4/13/2020 3:49:48 PM    DT2 selection    JayJuanGee DT1 no longer trusts JimboToronto
4/13/2020 3:49:48 PM    DT2 selection    JayJuanGee DT1 no longer trusts yefi

4/11/2020 3:59:04 PM    DT2 selection    minerjones DT1 no longer trusts SenPai

4/5/2020 2:26:39 PM    DT2 selection    owlcatz DT1 no longer distrusts chickinini

3/19/2020 4:35:08 PM    DT2 selection    CryptopreneurBrainboss DT1 no longer trusts Heisenberg_Hunter
3/19/2020 4:35:08 PM    DT2 selection    CryptopreneurBrainboss DT1 no longer trusts LogitechMouse

3/18/2020 7:13:28 AM    DT2 selection    willi9974 DT1 no longer trusts tom04137

2/25/2020 8:42:59 AM    DT2 selection    Royse777 DT1 no longer trusts Little Mouse

2/22/2020 2:01:59 PM    DT2 selection    Ratimov DT1 no longer trusts FS2018
2/22/2020 2:01:59 PM    DT2 selection    Ratimov DT1 no longer distrusts lin_lin

2/22/2020 2:01:59 PM    DT2 selection    Ratimov DT1 no longer distrusts nadosuge

2/10/2020 10:31:49 AM    DT2 selection    KTChampions DT1 no longer distrusts Zuzma

Each one of these instances I've noticed it's the end of the line where (for whatever reason) there is not DT1/DT2 logo.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
Is something broken?

Nothing's broken as far as I can see but I'll take a deeper look. I have some doubts about the way we determine duplicates in modlog (unfortunately there are no timestamps) so maybe there is something going on there.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
User Teltabit was Nuked last month:
Quote from: older modlog
Nuke user: N/A in topic #0 by member #2783498
This doesn't show up on https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=Teltabit though. Is something broken?
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
A rare event is happening soon...

There will be a change in the Activity rank on BPIP - at the next activity update I will move up one spot due to an inactive member.  Smiley

Elwar and gmaxwell will be next.   There are no more inactive members ahead of us though.  Sad

Congratulations on (soon to be) making the top ten - For those of us further down the food chain I estimate I will edge closer to the top 100 by years' end as long as I post once per fortnight. (and being somewhere in the top 200-300 posters around the same time too)
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
A rare event is happening soon...

There will be a change in the Activity rank on BPIP - at the next activity update I will move up one spot due to an inactive member.  Smiley

Elwar and gmaxwell will be next.   There are no more inactive members ahead of us though.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
That's a good point even though I have no idea what "contabilize" means Smiley

I think I have created a new word mixing Portuguese and English lol.
Just made a correction

TL/DR: Airdropped merit were not "merited", even in official bitcointalk statistics. in my opinion, there should be other name or other way to contabilize consider it in BPIP statistics.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
TL/DR: Airdropped merit is were not "merited", even in official bitcointalk statistics. in my opinion, there should be other name or other way to contabilize it in BPIP statistics.

That's a good point even though I have no idea what "contabilize" means Smiley

At the very least we should try to make the wording consistent between Bitcointalk and BPIP.

Not sure why this profile hasn't been parsed yet, I'll try looking myself throughout the day today but might have to check in with suchmoon when he has some time to look into this as well.. at this point, he's more versed with the main parsing jobs code than I am. Smiley

I got it unstuck but it might take a few hours to catch up.

legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
According to the BPIP badges, yeah I dropped from 20th to 50th place but those are just stats, the badges does not make you more or less important, it's just for fun. Besides this is an free-will\self-funded project, so I do respect all the work, time and money invested in it and if those guys decided to put up the top Merited users the way they are now, it's their decision, I'm thankful I can do what I do using their data.

I agree, it is for fun, it doesn't make me or anyone less important, its free, etc...

I am just trying to contribute, and I know ibminer, Vod, and everyone else who is involved in this project is very perfectionist. Ofc it is their decision, just trying to show another point of view, which could impact their decision.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Found this user : https://bpip.org/?notindatabase--2780099
 Why so? Registered 13 or March and has 6 porst already. Seems he escaped the BPIP as well (reading his posts Grin )

Not sure why this profile hasn't been parsed yet, I'll try looking myself throughout the day today but might have to check in with suchmoon when he has some time to look into this as well.. at this point, he's more versed with the main parsing jobs code than I am. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Hello,

I see there is a discussion and the calculation of merited user changed, to consider the airdropped merit in the "merited" ranking.

I agree with  this statement

I have to assume that the forum (theymos) merited accounts initially for a reason, and so I feel it makes sense to be included.

But there is something wrong in my opinion.

If you go to the page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topusersat you will see " Top-merited users, all-time"

Theymos is not considering airdropped merit as "merited".

If you scroll down the list, all airdropped merit is just ignored in the "Top-merited users" official forum stats.

However, when we go to BPIP website there are users with 0 earned merit, but they are counted as "merited".
In the official forum "top-merited" stats, I am about 40th top merited users, but in BPIP I am 140. It makes a huge difference from official stats and third party BPIP stats.

TL/DR: Airdropped merit is were not "merited", even in official bitcointalk statistics. in my opinion, there should be other name or other way to contabilize it in BPIP statistics.

There is already a list with those who have EARNED merit the most : https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=earnedmerit
The stats are already there, what is going to be on the main page is not that important, at least for me if I still have access to it.

According to the BPIP badges, yeah I dropped from 20th to 50th place but those are just stats, the badges does not make you more or less important, it's just for fun. Besides this is an free-will\self-funded project, so I do respect all the work, time and money invested in it and if those guys decided to put up the top Merited users the way they are now, it's their decision, I'm thankful I can do what I do using their data.

Found this user : https://bpip.org/?notindatabase--2780099
 Why so? Registered 13 or March and has 6 porst already. Seems he escaped the BPIP as well (reading his posts Grin )
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hello,

I see there is a discussion and the calculation of merited user changed, to consider the airdropped merit in the "merited" ranking.

I agree with  this statement

I have to assume that the forum (theymos) merited accounts initially for a reason, and so I feel it makes sense to be included.

But there is something wrong in my opinion.

If you go to the page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topusersat you will see " Top-merited users, all-time"

Theymos is not considering airdropped merit as "merited".

If you scroll down the list, all airdropped merit is just ignored in the "Top-merited users" official forum stats.

However, when we go to BPIP website there are users with 0 earned merit, but they are counted as "merited".
In the official forum "top-merited" stats, I am about 40th top merited users, but in BPIP I am 140. It makes a huge difference from official stats and third party BPIP stats.

TL/DR: Airdropped merit were not "merited", even in official bitcointalk statistics. in my opinion, there should be other name or other way to contabilize consider it in BPIP statistics.
Vod
legendary
Can I ask what metric the recognition calculation uses?

IB put question marks in - just hover over them.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
2- Theymos or the forum doesn't offer any ranking by merit, so obviously the point of view is different than the one provided by bpip.
The forum doesn't really provide any ranking at all the way BPIP does... not sure I get your point?

That IS the point. You say it's more objective because theymos did grand these merits. You are taking it out of context. Context being you offering a ranking, and the forum not doing it. So no, it is not objective Wink

Surely your "loved" isn't in the past tense simply because of the way "most merited" on the front page is being calculated?.. that would seem a little dense... how were you using it as a tool? When did we lose your love?? Undecided

I can be very ... dense. However no I keep using the tool, but still disappointed on your judgement. Hopefully it will be the only topic where I don't share your opinion Smiley

Would it make you any happier if there were a badge for earned merit on the profile page?

It would make it easier to actually follow on the merit evolution vs others with the same baseline, without having to use 3-4 clicks to do it, or even manually go to "earnedmerits". So yes, it would help.

Can I ask what metric the recognition calculation uses?
Vod
legendary
Do you have a secondary sort on those now?   Lauda and I are both 967, but Lauda is ranked before me.  

Now I have passed Lauda again - but I looked at the profile and I am 976.333 while Lauda is 976.000

Maybe you guys could add a hover there with the less significant digits?
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
I see your point. Doesn't mean I have to agree.
All good by me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

2- Theymos or the forum doesn't offer any ranking by merit, so obviously the point of view is different than the one provided by bpip.
The forum doesn't really provide any ranking at all the way BPIP does... not sure I get your point?

Just giving my unsolicited opinion here as someone who used this tool a lot and loved it.
Surely your "loved" isn't in the past tense simply because of the way "most merited" on the front page is being calculated?.. that would seem a little dense... how were you using it as a tool? When did we lose your love?? Undecided

The point of the airdropped merit was bringing more merit into circulation, and not demoting users. It was never meant to do what you are doing.
theymos could have just given sMerit to all of the accounts. And I assume could have not displayed initial merit at all, but still allowed it to count in the rank of a profile. Regardless, I believe those that put in many, many years of posts, time, and activity.. should deserve some merit credit for it.

To me the most objective approach as you name it, is basing it on merit actually sent by users. And not airdropped for no valid reason. Any comparison is supposed to be done all things being equal. This is not the case, hence you can't speak of objectivity here.
I still think it's an objective and balanced approach for the front page.

Would it make you any happier if there were a badge for earned merit on the profile page?

Do you have a secondary sort on those now?   Lauda and I are both 967, but Lauda is ranked before me.  
Just post more! lol  .. I've been messing with some of the fun stuff (BPIP cards/themes for extension) in the little spare time I've had recently. There are higher priority things to do on the coding side, but I find *slightly* more enjoyment in the design work.. which I need to try and get myself back into a good place mentally.

DT reports are using dense_rank but others are just counting up, to try and match front page.

(I noticed the report can't be accessed from the main page title anymore...)
The big "R"! Tongue

It was actually like this in the past, but it didn't make sense (or match) with the current layout of the main page and how it displays ranks (via the shared rank table). Would need to do some serious reconstruction on the front page if we wanted to do it this way.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Hey IB, that bitch Lauda booted me from second place of most recognized.   Angry

Is it profile name, profile id or just sql default?  If the latter, then I assume we will bounce back and forth between 2/3 on refreshes.

https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=mostrecognized
(I noticed the report can't be accessed from the main page title anymore...)

There are many instances of profiles having the same rank on the various lists.  If I can make a suggestion for the group to consider - say three people hold the rank of 21 e.g. instead of giving the next user the rank of 22, the next user is actually rank of 24:

Name      Score      Rank

Alice      1234      20
Bob      1202      21
Hank      1202      21
Sue      1202      21
Fred      1138      24

I think various sports such as the Olympics use that style of ranking.

Thanks for reading.
Vod
legendary
p.s.   I don't think Lauda is a bitch.   Grin
Pages:
Jump to: