Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 30. (Read 19575 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
The rank represents what the forum sees as the merit count for a user. I have to assume that the forum (theymos) merited accounts initially for a reason, and so I feel it makes sense to be included. Most recognized uses earned merit rankings because I think it makes sense that a more recognized user, at any given time, should be based off of earned merit. This seems like the most objective approach.

If there is an issue with the fact that the forum supplied merit to accounts at the creation of the merit system, then that should be an issue addressed in another thread.

edit: and as I have already pointed out, I never made any change to the stats on the front page since we've taken over.

I see your point. Doesn't mean I have to agree.
Obviously I don't, and so does Vod if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe the core difference with the forum and theymos' decision is politic.

1- Making the decision in not airdropping merit would mean demoting people from they ranks. That wouldn't have gone well.
2- Theymos or the forum doesn't offer any ranking by merit, so obviously the point of view is different than the one provided by bpip.

Actually you made a typo by saying earned merit. We could debate if someone spamming shitposts at the right moment in time actually earned said merit. My answer to this would be no.
Tbh I find your approach to this to be naive. But it's your choice. Just giving my unsolicited opinion here as someone who used this tool a lot and loved it. The point of the airdropped merit was bringing more merit into circulation, and not demoting users. It was never meant to do what you are doing.

To me the most objective approach as you name it, is basing it on merit actually sent by users. And not airdropped for no valid reason. Any comparison is supposed to be done all things being equal. This is not the case, hence you can't speak of objectivity here.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Hey IB, that bitch Lauda booted me from second place of most recognized.   Angry

Do you have a secondary sort on those now?   Lauda and I are both 967, but Lauda is ranked before me.  

Is it profile name, profile id or just sql default?  If the latter, then I assume we will bounce back and forth between 2/3 on refreshes.

https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=mostrecognized
(I noticed the report can't be accessed from the main page title anymore...)
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
The rank represents what the forum sees as the merit count for a user. I have to assume that the forum (theymos) merited accounts initially for a reason, and so I feel it makes sense to be included.

Most recognized uses earned merit rankings because I think it makes sense that a more recognized user, at any given time, should be based off of earned merit. This seems like the most objective approach.

If there is an issue with the fact that the forum supplied merit to accounts at the creation of the merit system, then that should be an issue addressed in another thread.

edit: and as I have already pointed out, I never made any change to the stats on the front page since we've taken over.

Thanks for the explanation ibminer in terms of the various BPIP attempts at weighting of merit, and maybe some weightings could be tweaked a bit, but there is surely a justification for accounts starting out at differing points, which would also justify that some of the ways that BPIP weighs legacy merit versus earned merit seems to be attempting to take a reasonable balancing.

Surely, the concept of legacy merit has been beaten to death in a variety of other threads, and not wanting to stray too much, but it seems to me that it would have been quasi-retarded to implement the new merit system in January 2018 and to have started the whole process at zero for everyone, especially given both the way that the merit system was implemented, and the fact that the forum had been existence already for 8 years at the time of the implementation of the merit system; however, surely earned merit is ultimately going to be a kind of measurement of both recent activity and community appreciation... surely not without its various equity faults and criticisms, too.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
The rank represents what the forum sees as the merit count for a user. I have to assume that the forum (theymos) merited accounts initially for a reason, and so I feel it makes sense to be included. Most recognized uses earned merit rankings because I think it makes sense that a more recognized user, at any given time, should be based off of earned merit. This seems like the most objective approach.

legendary
"Most merited" rankings used to be based on earned merit.

New owners....

I got that. But it makes no sense. It's like a race where people don't start at the same point but have the same finish line  Grin
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
"Most merited" rankings used to be based on earned merit.

New owners....
legendary
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but since when does the most merited section count airdropped merits? And why so?

You can still see the ranking based on earned merit using the link below.
https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=earnedmerit

Read this post

Thanks for your answer.

I know that, but it doesn't tell me why the change. "Most merited" rankings used to be based on earned merit.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but since when does the most merited section count airdropped merits? And why so?

You can still see the ranking based on earned merit using the link below.
https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=earnedmerit

Read this post
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Is there any way to scroll past JollyGood's thousands+ distrusts?
Those users without any DT1-inclusions can/should probably be omitted from the list entirely.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Is there any way to scroll past JollyGood's thousands+ distrusts?

https://bpip.org/r/dt1changes.aspx

(It just goes on-and-on...)

I also can't search any user name on that page.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5178
According to the picture below, I have received 466 merit and sent 224 merit. So, the merit ratio should be 0.48 not 1.07.
I had reported this on Vod's topic before. But since the bug still exists, I posted it here again.

Source: BPIP
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
Sorry to hear that. Are you the sick one, or is your job health related?

No, I'm not sick yet, and not even directly related to healthcare. But I have customers who either need extra support these days (increased sales volumes for the few businesses that are not shut down) or need extra help winding their businesses down. Also for some inexplicable reason some people refuse to work from home even though they were perfectly capable of working remotely before this, so I get to cover for them too, yay.

Plus the tax season, that's always fun even in a good year.

Stay safe everyone. Check on your elderly neighbors every day (while staying politely distant of course).
legendary
Halab's nickname was changed to Habal.

Part of the april fool if I'm not mistaken.

I'll wipe those out manually once I get to it. Unfortunately I'm busy dealing with the fallout from the real virus so it might take a while.

Turns out it was Halab's very own april fool joke for us.

Sorry to hear that. Are you the sick one, or is your job health related?
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org

I'll wipe those out manually once I get to it. Unfortunately I'm busy dealing with the fallout from the real virus so it might take a while.
legendary
Thanks, and it's changed back to normal, so the same thing happened again.

A year ago, I wrote this:
Now, this link shows Posts deleted by moderators: 0". Was this data lost?
legendary
I'm curious: how did this happen?
Image loading...

legendary
I'm curious: how did this happen?
Image loading...
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Small suggestion.
The hourglass for those inactive accounts which we have on the home page, is it possible to have it the sane on the lists with top 1000 users? Or maybe a way to sort out users in the lists based on the Last Active?
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
I suggested this before >

Yes that makes sense.  I couldn't recall the exact post, so thanks for reposting it.  I figured I'd post the example in case you needed more statistical data on the issue.
Pages:
Jump to: