Pages:
Author

Topic: [BPIP] Bitcointalk Public Information Project [Back in Action] - page 34. (Read 19631 times)

legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
A more accurate gauge of merits earned would be to utilise the methodology of how many unique times merit is earned, not totals received (regardless of starting amount).

A person who receives fifty unique merits of one merit each has earned far more than the next person who just once receives fifty merits.

Let that be your starting point.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
~

Yes and yes. I'm still working on some edge cases, including this one and also some scenarios where multiple events happen around the same time (e.g. if someone had included johhnyUA when you excluded him). It looks like I should switch from set operations (SQL) to processing each event sequentially (loop). There is also a delay between when Bitcointalk updates dtview and full;dt lists, which is very annoying.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I saw an opportunity for a quick test and I took it.

2/23/2020 9:07:48 PM           DT1 peers                  Vod DT1 no longer distrusts johhnyUA DT1
2/23/2020 9:00:38 PM           DT1 peers                  Vod DT1 distrusts johhnyUA DT1
2/23/2020 9:00:38 PM           DT1 membership        johhnyUA DT1 has lost the ability to choose DT2 members

Shouldn't it say "johhnyUA DT1 has gained the ability to choose DT2 members" when he went from -1 to 0?

Also, shouldn't distrust come before loss?
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
There's definitely something not right with the calculations. (not on my end mind)

There had been confusion with the ranks/numbers shown under "Most Merited" on the front page earlier in the thread. I explained that the tooltip had indicated the Most Merited report had been including initial merit, as it has, and that those numbers/ranks are calculated using initial merit + earned merit to reflect & rank the merit numbers that are shown on a users profile on bitcointalk.

However, the "M" above it, which was linked to the r=mostmerited report did not match the information being displayed on the front page. So I corrected this report to match the front page ranks/numbers, and then moved the prior report to r=earnedmerit, so it would clearly indicate it is showing earned merit. I've also recently noticed that the "M"(merit) area under the MATR section on the profile page is also using the incorrect rank, but displaying the correct value. This rank will be fixed as soon as I get time today/tomorrow.

Recognition is based off of the r=earnedmerit rank/calculation, which does not include initial merit. The earned merit ranking may not be shown on the front page, but it makes sense to base the Most Recognized rank off of it because a Most Recognized profile would likely be one that has more earned merit.

As soon as I can, I'm also going to be setting up little "i" icons next to each of the main page ranks to provide more info on the calculations, and will provide a link to the earned merit report under the tooltip for Most Recognized.
legendary
Goonies never say die.
Would you be interested to add a link to my archived unedited posts for each user? If so, I can make a list of included userIDs. I currently only have data for the past 7 months, but it's a start.
Thank you LoyceV, it contains useful information but we're looking into some privacy aspects of this before we commit to anything.

There's definitely something not right with the calculations. (not on my end mind)
Thank you Timelord2067, there is an issue on the profile page also related to this, and potentially some confusion which I may have caused when trying to clear up the confusion that Quickseller's (likely) alt had previously Wink, I'm looking into this and will have an update done soon to hopefully clear up any confusion!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I responded in the extension thread, sorry about the delays, we've been discussing 2 or 3 other things with ibminer over the last few days.

I would appreciate it if you could acknowledge receipt of my report of a glitch in BPIP as reported a couple of days ago:

Another glitch in your system:

https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=mostmerited - 117 (not 287) Archive [1a], [1b]
legendary
I responded in the extension thread, sorry about the delays, we've been discussing 2 or 3 other things with ibminer over the last few days.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
I would love to see that implemented in the forum instead made trough third party setup,  ut it won't happen.

His request is interesting tho, and you're not answering it Smiley

Is it possible to add something like personal notes feedback for members in BPIP extension?

He is not talking anywhere about adding this feature to the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
I posted this in other topic, but I am doing it here also, as I am not sure if other topic is active.

One suggestion/request/question:

Is it possible to add something like personal notes feedback for members in BPIP extension?

(For example, if I want to have private feedback note for specific member, I can write short text that only I can see.)

PS
My feedback so far using new extension:
It is working great for me, and I had no bugs to report.
Only thing I noticed is slower loading information time for some members

No need to double post, both threads are active and monitored by the BPIP team Smiley
I would love to see that implemented in the forum instead made trough third party setup,  ut it won't happen.

I think the BPIP it's more like a better sorting and user friendly GUI of the already publicly available information, i do not think they will implement any "private" features like your suggestion, but that's up to the BPIP team.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
I posted this in other topic, but I am doing it here also, as I am not sure if other topic is active.

One suggestion/request/question:

(For example, if I want to have private feedback note for specific member, I can write short text that only I can see.)

PS
My feedback so far using new extension:
It is working great for me, and I had no bugs to report.
Only thing I noticed is slower loading information time for some members
legendary
Could you please put back the actual number instead of having to hover for it?

Agreed - that would be a great re-addition.

Will think about it. I prefer a quick visual clue of who's in or out (red "x") so perhaps we'll come up with some sort of combination.

My suggestion is to not show DT2-exclusions for users who were already not on DT2. JollyGood (nothing against him, but he's in my example) has excluded 1517 users, and considering most of them were never anywhere near DT2, their exclusion doesn't add anything to the list.

That's a good point. I'm thinking to not show users who don't have at least one DT2 inclusion.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I have another suggestion, see this:
Image loading...

My suggestion is to not show DT2-exclusions for users who were already not on DT2. JollyGood (nothing against him, but he's in my example) has excluded 1517 users, and considering most of them were never anywhere near DT2, their exclusion doesn't add anything to the list.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I love love love how the new DT inclusion log shows the strength after the action - keeping a log to show what actions precipitated the inclusion.

Agreed - that would be a great re-addition.

~

Of all posts to copy you chose THE SPAMBUSTER GANG LEADER's post? LOL

Bye now.

Don't worry, I archived it...  Roll Eyes

How is the "most trusted" feature calculated?

My score dropped from 229 to 277 when just one of my positive trust feedbacks went from being DT1/2 to DT/??3/4??  (it's still there, just not a DT1/2 any-more). Have just noticed Hhampuz has drastically modified his trust list in the last couple of days, but still the question remains.

You can check which of your scores are dropping or who is above you.

Another glitch in your system: Vod, LoyceV, PrimeNumber7, suchmoon, ibminer, theymos and not forgetting iasenko

https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=mostmerited - 117 (not 287) Archive [1a], [1b]

(117+152+277) = 546

546/3 = 182

1000 - 182 = 818 which would be 30th place - which is where I was until a week or thereabouts.

if we used the 227 value the end result would be 834 or ~24th place on most recognised.

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I love love love how the new DT inclusion log shows the strength after the action - keeping a log to show what actions precipitated the inclusion.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Would you be interested to add a link to my archived unedited posts for each user? If so, I can make a list of included userIDs. I currently only have data for the past 7 months, but it's a start.

Examples:
ibminer: http://loyce.club/archive/members/8/84866.html
suchmoon: http://loyce.club/archive/members/23/234771.html
Anara22 (a Nuked user): http://loyce.club/archive/members/276/2762486.html

I have a terrible user interface (read: no user interface Tongue), BPIP can make accessing this data a lot easier.
legendary
Goonies never say die.
Bye now.

I reported it a few hours ago... but it is still here. Sad   Mods be slackin'   Tongue
legendary
~

Of all posts to copy you chose THE SPAMBUSTER GANG LEADER's post? LOL

Bye now.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Thank you for your reply,

So you have the following formula:
Recognition = 1000 - ((Activity Rank + Trust Rank + Merit Rank) / 3).

In your case:  1000 - ((285 + 152 + 229) / 3) = 778

You can check which of your scores are dropping or who is above you.

Just a nit-picking bit of clarity, should that be

152, 229 then 285??

I think that was a part of a discussion I was reading with Vod trying to figure out formula.  I never ended up finding a similar formulae that was using square roots of values that'd been squared and added (multiplied) together.  It's a convoluted piece of formula and mostly works (never re-found it and put looking for it to one side)
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
What is the methodology being to used to calculate recognition?  Why I ask I was at 30th place with a score of 791.667 and then around the time my post count started dropping without explanation (as discussed in the original BPIP thread) now my recognition score is a dozen points lower while the other users with scores around mine are all fairly static.

At the time it was suggested that the posts were very old in threads that had been nuked, now I'm not so sure as the evidence suggests manipulation by mods to push my BPIP score down with very targeted deletion of posts.

The score is calculated differently, referring to this post from 2018 back then the recognition score was calculated based on this formula.
Recognition = (Activity Rank + Trust Rank + Merit Rank) / 3

Today we have just a little change - the actual result of the above equation is extracted from 1000.

So you have the following formula:
Recognition = 1000 - ((Activity Rank + Trust Rank + Merit Rank) / 3).

In your case:  1000 - ((285 + 152 + 229) / 3) = 778

You can check wich of your scores are droping or who is above you.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
What is the methodology being to used to calculate recognition?  Why I ask I was at 30th place with a score of 791.667 and then around the time my post count started dropping without explanation (as discussed in the original BPIP thread) now my recognition score is a dozen points lower while the other users with scores around mine are all fairly static.

At the time it was suggested that the posts were very old in threads that had been nuked, now I'm not so sure as the evidence suggests manipulation by mods to push my BPIP score down with very targeted deletion of posts.
Pages:
Jump to: