Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 10. (Read 45027 times)

Activity: 361
Merit: 267
How do you get down to 6TH @ 530w? Do you just unplug 2 of the boards?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Found a delta afb1212she in a drawer of random bits so going to give that a try which are similar to the ones you suggested philip, so going to give that a try.

I wont bother with the noctuas. I was grasping at straws thinking they might work but any sort of reduction in initial startup noise would be good.

Also I found that power limiting/auto tune setting and it gave me 6Th at 530w (at the wall) so not too bad really. May well follow your setup philip and switch down to a single middle hashboard with some added ducting either side.

Edit,

Found a similar 120x38mm fan rated at 1.7a (afb1212she rated at 1.6a) Both fitted and the initial startup is quieter it produces a whistle now but only until the firmware kicks in. Currently set to 500w power limt and still getting 6Th. Fan speed is AUTO is 1000-1200rpm (32%) keeping things at 80c.

Is there any way to remove the extra fan slots from the graph? Fan ID "0" & "1" are what im using but 2&3 read 0 rpm and obviously dont even have headers on the control board.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I had luck but it can be inconsistent.

The noctua are "fuck you" don't bother with them.

A lot depends on if your chip heat sensors are good.

If they work you can set fans to about 50-75%

I liked the 120x120x25mm delta fans.
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
1) how does it react to swapping fans, probably to some industrial noctuas 2000rpm?

This is an interesting question, has anyone had any luck swapping the fans using BRAIINS? I know that my S9 after BRAIINS install has a stock fan that bounces all over the place approximately every 30 seconds to a minute.
Activity: 340
Merit: 278
1) It even lets you run the rig without any fan so I reckon you won't have much trouble swapping fans.

2) Auto tune finds the sweet spot for your power target but it takes quite a long time.

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Ok so ive managed to acquire an S9 with PSU and got braiins on it. Now heres my questions (and apologies if they have been asked before).

1) how does it react to swapping fans, probably to some industrial noctuas 2000rpm?

2) Is it just trial and error to find the most efficient setting or does the power limiting autotune do that for you?

Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
yes i hate miners that dont show best share... my innos are like that - no damn best share like wtf....

Monitoring applications like AwesomeMiner have that feature, perhaps if someone is interested in proving that Braiins does find blocks, they could use one of the available monitoring applications, it gets even better when you set email notifications for when your gear finds a block.

it exists if you poll it via API command, but i doubt the source did at the time.

If that particular mining gear is still online since it found a block, we can guide the user on how to pull the best share, of course, that's a big if.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately Braiins OS doesn't show "Best Share" in the Summary table of the web UI, it exists if you poll it via API command, but i doubt the source did at the time. So now I'm requesting this field to be added to the Summary table (the one you see in that screen capture), and hopefully someone in the future will share it when they find another block.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
yes i hate miners that dont show best share... my innos are like that - no damn best share like wtf....
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
[...]

Looks promising, but more detail would be good, I can't see how to connect those two images. There is no data in either image that relates to the other image.  Can you get a screenshot with more info? At least we need the bestshare from the miner gui.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
The S17 support isn't ready, but i think the Pro has a good chance, as long as you haven't updated the firmware.
Key point: Don't upgrade.

I have a s17pro with some really old firmware like April 2019.

Could I do it via team viewer?
legendary
The S17 support isn't ready, but i think the Pro has a good chance, as long as you haven't updated the firmware.
Key point: Don't upgrade.
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
Don't look at the kernel date, look at the File System Version date.

Ok, so can we install this to a newer S17Pro from January 2020? Don't know the exact file system version.
legendary
Don't look at the kernel date, look at the File System Version date.

I asked and was given a capture confirming a block found. I did ask for more details if possible, but in the meantime here you go:

Source requested privacy, so i smudged the user details.

After 59 days uptime. 😊
👍  thank you! That block (height 630368) is worth 7.79874674 BTC.

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/630368
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
What appears to be certain, is that the S19 ships with this "feature", and the newer firmware updates in the rest of the S17 family do this as well. So if you even have even the slightest plan to ever try Braiins OS in your S17, make sure you do not ever update the firmware. Because, it is yet to be seen if these could be bypassed somehow (without getting a solder gun, that is).

How old firmware are we talking about?
I have Linux 4.6.0-xilinx-gff8137b-dirty #25 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 23 15:30:52 CST 2018. Should be good.
Thinking about buying another one for cheap bucks.
legendary
That sounds likely. This has only been tested with the typical Xilinx S9 controllers. And no, you are not supposed to change any permissions to upgrade...

Whatever controller is used in the S9K and SE and Hybrid none of those work.
Activity: 14
Merit: 4
[...]

Did you have to change permissions anywhere when doing the upgrade via the web interface? I keep getting these errors.

Code:
ubiattach: error!: cannot attach mtd2 error 17 (File exists) mount: mounting ubi1:rootfs on /mnt/config/ failed: No such device mkdir: can't create directory '/mnt/config/home/usr_config': No such file or directory cp: can't create '/mnt/config/home/usr_config/mac': No such file or directory umount: can't umount /mnt/config: Invalid argument /www/pages/cgi-bin/upgrade_clear.cgi: line 67: ubidetach: not found runme.sh: line 38: base64: not found cat: can't open '/usr/bin/ctrl_bd': No such file or directory

I am wondering if I am having all these challenges because I have this board: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Antminer-control-board-S9K-S9SE-Z11-Z9-Z9mini-V9-10pcs-/173994257105
Activity: 208
Merit: 46
This remember me about the XBOX 360 DVD units, the last model (XBOX E) got a DVD unit with the firmware locked on the chip, in the end, no one found a way to unlock those chips.

If Bitmain begin to do this i think most ppl are going to buy other brands, is really nice get you old/new hardware and install a firmware like Braiins that let you underclock/overclock and undervolt/overvolt and get more juice from it.
legendary
What i read elsewhere is that Xilinx provides this sort of security feature, where you can "fuse" parts inside the chip after you flash the firmware to it. This is probably what the rumored Russian malware that damaged nands did, but I'm unsure if the S9s have this.

What appears to be certain, is that the S19 ships with this "feature", and the newer firmware updates in the rest of the S17 family do this as well. So if you even have even the slightest plan to ever try Braiins OS in your S17, make sure you do not ever update the firmware. Because, it is yet to be seen if these could be bypassed somehow (without getting a solder gun, that is).
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Something nastier is coming for the S17 family, meaning people who upgrade their firmware won't be able to replace it unless a chip is de-soldered and a new one soldered back in (replaced) on the controller.
Sounds like BM is resorting to using a WORM (Write Once Read Many) programmable memory chip to foil the 3rd party folks.

That not only sucks for tweakers but I'd think will also make it impossible to upgrade even using BM's latest firmware as it is released...
Crap like this is why I refuse to use BM gear any more.
Pages:
Jump to: