Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 5. (Read 45027 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
You do not have this level of control. You can only indirectly affect those voltages by changing the power limit, the autotuner decides accordingly.

Weak boards that are starting to fail, will bump the voltage up because otherwise they don't hash, this is a process that can sometimes be catched early, typically when a chip is starting to fail.

None of the manual values do nothing with Autotuning enabled.
Braiins OS has no temperature checking, it will work without sensors. If none of the hashboards sends temperatures, the fans will be set for 100% unless set manually. Your questions are answered by using the firmware, use the sd card.

This is the only firmware that can run directly from the sd card without installing, if you don't like it just remove the sd card.

** SD method try before install ** (use this for testing few miners)
- Download the image for the micro SD (max 16g) card:
-- (S9) https://feeds.braiins-os.com/21.04/braiins-os_am1-s9_sd_2021-04-29-0-52331c5f-21.04-plus.img
- Flash the image from a pc (with BalenaEtcher, Rufus or dd)
-- (S9 only) move jumper jp4
- With the miner turned off, insert the micro SD card and turn it on
- Enter the miner with a web browser (find the IP with bos-toolbox listen+ip report button, or AngryIP/Nmap)
-- (Optional) Install to NAND from the System menu
- Turn off the miner
-- (S9 only) return the jp4 jumper position
- Remove the micro SD card
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
You are looking at obsolete information, anything from 2019 or earlier is no longer applicable to the modern version made with bosminer (cgminer was dropped and replaced with bosminer which was made from scratch using the rust language).

This feature is currently located in Miner > Configuration:

http://images2.imgbox.com/ad/d8/9JTQxD7e_o.png

Which is written to /etc/bosminer.toml

know how to tell me how I configure so that in automatic power mode, that the hash cards do not exceed 8.8v, as I see that sometimes the cards reach 9.2v and this is melting the cables. i would like to limit it to 8.8 or 8.6 in autoscan... another question, i want to solve this chip temperature checking issue. would you know how to help me as I disable this check so that the boards work even with bad temperature chips. thanks
legendary
You are looking at obsolete information, anything from 2019 or earlier is no longer applicable to the modern version made with bosminer (cgminer was dropped and replaced with bosminer which was made from scratch using the rust language).

This feature is currently located in Miner > Configuration:

Which is written to /etc/bosminer.toml
Where should we add --fan-temp-hot and --fan-temp-dangerous parameters?

Any idea how to actually use this command?

--no-sensor-scan

I'm willing to bet they can be defined in cgminer.conf, waiting confirmation Confirmed:

It can be used when launching cgminer, or within cgminer.conf.

Just edit cgminer.conf and add it as any other cgminer option:

Quote from: Jan Čapek
it's both like with any cgminer option...

It is best to put it into the config file /etc/cgminer.conf...

the options are standard form for cgminer

Quote from: HM
"no-sensor-scan" : true will work

Quote from: Oleksandr
disabling temperature sensor scanning  when can it be useful?

Quote from: Jan Čapek
when your sensors are broken
[/quote

I want to disable the verification of the temperature sensor of my s9, because there are several with problems, up to the temperature error 15, that the board does not work... anyway... I only want that... then I read here that there is a path that you change cgminer.config something similar... but how do I get to this path, what program do I use, how do I access it... I use braiins os+, but I would like to know how to do this for braiins os too... because the sometimes i use it. and I change this in the image before playing to the machine, or after the machine has already gone up and is running... anyway. help me please.
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
As i said before, the best share should be returning in the next version, you could see it in the UI before the 2021 release.

If you want to try the nightly be my guest. But it has some unfinished touches and breaks btctools.

Sorry I didn't saw that information !

I'm really happy to read that, thank you !

I would like to test your firmware and to give you a feedback Cheesy
legendary
As i said before, the best share should be returning in the next version, you could see it in the UI before the 2021 release.

If you want to try the nightly be my guest. But it has some unfinished touches and breaks btctools.
Hey

I do solo mining and 90% of my ASICs are actually running with Braiinos+

Everything is perfect : more Th/s as I wanted

But could you tell how I can know my bestshare ? It's so useful to me and I don't find this info in the Braiinos+ gui

Thanks

Braiins OS seems doesn't have bestshare, unlike the stock firmware that you can find the bestshare under miner status.

There are two people already talk about this to add it on their GUI but until now they didn't add it yet.

Link of two posts
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49649631
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51961315

Thank you very much for these informations !

IMO the best share info is the only missing thing with Braiinos+. Hope they will include it one day !
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
Hey

But could you tell how I can know my bestshare ? It's so useful to me and I don't find this info in the Braiinos+ gui

Thanks

Braiins OS seems doesn't have bestshare, unlike the stock firmware that you can find the bestshare under miner status.

There are two people already talk about this to add it on their GUI but until now they didn't add it yet.

Link of two posts
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49649631
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.51961315
Yes, if you use it in combination with Slush Pool, you get "two products for the price of one".

Hey

Thanks
legendary
Yes, if you use it in combination with Slush Pool, you get "two products for the price of one".
Activity: 3
hello I have an antminer s9j and I would like to put a firmware to be more efficient... I have taken a few turns here on the forum and they talk a lot and hive os and braiins +!!  is the braiins really good?  in terms of efficiency?

I currently have Braiins running on my S9 and S9i both are locked at 900W with 11-12TH AND the fans are silent...I do NOT hear the fans at all and the heat is bearable. And if you use SlushPool you are only dealing with the 2% fee for the OS.
legendary
Actually in most machines the fans remain stable. Did you wait for Tuner Status to show Stable?

The actual version is at the bottom (footer) of any of the pages in the miner UI.

You should use defaults for the fans. The chip sensor value is not like what other firmware shows, because Bitmain slashed about 15° in 2017 for whatever reason. If you use 80°, its like telling other firmware to do 65° so you are needlessly making the fans work harder. If you don't understand this, use the Board (pcb) temp as guide (not chip).

To restore defaults, just delete any values you have used then save and apply. The values shown in gray are the actual defaults. Temperature Control should be set to Default (Auto).
Activity: 9
I am using version "LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d / LuCI bos+/stable-21.04 branch (git-21.099.47497-5c3e5f9)" on an SD card for a couple of S9's.

The fans constantly hunt up and down at least +/- 80 rpm, changing speed about every 6 or so seconds. Chip temperature is 80C and varies +/- 0.15C. Although the S9's are in a location with noise abatement, it's the sounds of the varying fan speed that's annoying. If the speed was more constant (which happens with other S9 software) the sound would be much more tolerable.

Seems to me that there should be more dead band in the control loop. We know power draw and therefore heat varies constantly as hash rates change every second. So trying to chase the temperature with varying fan speed is pretty fruitless.

Are the temperature loop tuning parameters exposed in any way so that I can adjust them?
legendary
Did you guys ever get around to supporting the s9k miner?

S9k, S9se, S9hydro are not supported (it doesn't work, different control board).

Currently only supported:
Bitmain Antminer S9, S9j, S9i; S17, S17pro, S17+, S17e; T17, T17+, T17e.

Development pipeline:
MicroBT Whatsminer M20s.
Bitmain Antminer S19 family.

Copying the profiles isn't needed, all the power limit profiles get saved in the same file, and are not set in stone either, it can change over time later.

Just switch the power limit value, like this:

0 7 * * * sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 1400/psu_power_limit = 900/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart
0 19 * * * sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1400/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart

There is no need to restart cron, changes made to System > Scheduled Tasks take place immediately.

Also be sure to not delete the existing two lines as they are used to check for updates, you have to ADD the new lines.

And if I only want to run the low power task 900W? what will be the command?
I would run the high profile by hand.

The same command, use ssh or the bos-toolbox:

bos-toolbox command -o -p YourPassWord iplist.txt "sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1400/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart"
ssh [email protected] "sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1400/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart"
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Did you guys ever get around to supporting the s9k miner?

https://braiins.com/os/plus

mentions the  S9 [i, j]
Activity: 4
Hi, is there any way to automatically switch performance profiles in Braiins OS at any time? I need him to run at full power at night and only low power during the day. I searched everywhere and didn't find it. Thank you

You need to follow these steps (note that numbers are examples, change them to your proper numbers):

1. Set the tuner power limit to 900 and let the device tune and gets stable

2. SSH to the device and run the command below:
Code:
cp /etc/bosminer-autotune.json /etc/tune900.json

3. Now back to the device set the tuner power limit to 1250 and let it tunes and gets stable

4. Again SSH to the device and run the command below:
Code:
cp /etc/bosminer-autotune.json /etc/tune1250.json

5. log in to the Braiins OS+ web interface and navigate to System > Schedule Tasks

6. Copy and paste the following command to the text area and save it.

Code:
0 9 * * * /etc/init.d/bosminer stop && sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 1250/psu_power_limit = 900/' /etc/bosminer.toml && cp /etc/tune900.json /etc/bosminer-autotune.json && /etc/init.d/bosminer start

Code:
0 21 * * * /etc/init.d/bosminer stop && sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1250/' /etc/bosminer.toml && cp /etc/tune1250.json /etc/bosminer-autotune.json && /etc/init.d/bosminer start

7. SSH again to the device run the command below:
Code:
/etc/init.d/cron restart

8. Set device time zone to your proper time zone

9. The device will work 09:00 to 21:00 with 900w as PSU power limit and 21:00 to 09:00 with 1250w as PSU power limit.

Thank you for your help.
And if I only want to run the low power task 900W? what will be the command?
I would run the high profile by hand.

thank you very much
Hi, is there any way to automatically switch performance profiles in Braiins OS at any time? I need him to run at full power at night and only low power during the day. I searched everywhere and didn't find it. Thank you

You need to follow these steps (note that numbers are examples, change them to your proper numbers):

1. Set the tuner power limit to 900 and let the device tune and gets stable

2. SSH to the device and run the command below:
Code:
cp /etc/bosminer-autotune.json /etc/tune900.json

3. Now back to the device set the tuner power limit to 1250 and let it tunes and gets stable

4. Again SSH to the device and run the command below:
Code:
cp /etc/bosminer-autotune.json /etc/tune1250.json

5. log in to the Braiins OS+ web interface and navigate to System > Schedule Tasks

6. Copy and paste the following command to the text area and save it.

Code:
0 9 * * * /etc/init.d/bosminer stop && sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 1250/psu_power_limit = 900/' /etc/bosminer.toml && cp /etc/tune900.json /etc/bosminer-autotune.json && /etc/init.d/bosminer start

Code:
0 21 * * * /etc/init.d/bosminer stop && sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1250/' /etc/bosminer.toml && cp /etc/tune1250.json /etc/bosminer-autotune.json && /etc/init.d/bosminer start

7. SSH again to the device run the command below:
Code:
/etc/init.d/cron restart

8. Set device time zone to your proper time zone

9. The device will work 09:00 to 21:00 with 900w as PSU power limit and 21:00 to 09:00 with 1250w as PSU power limit.
Activity: 4
legendary
Its best that you come to the Telegram support group for Braiins OS here: https://t.me/BraiinsOS

The default sd image lets you test it without installing, precisely to avoid this. If it doesn't work, you simply take out the card.
(Latest for S/T17 family): https://feeds.braiins-os.com/21.06.1/braiins-os_am2-s17_sd_2021-06-29-0-0fdd2d77-21.06.1-plus.img
This version has a minor bugfix for the t17e, its otherwise identical to the earlier major release.

If you already installed to nand, but need to boot from sd instead, you have to edit the uEnv.txt file in the sd card and add the line:
sd_boot=yes

This is to ensure it boots Braiins OS+ from sd when its already installed into nand.

Also consider adding the line:
cfg_override=no

So that it does not import the network configuration from the currently installed firmware, especially useful when it has a static IP and you would prefer it to have Dynamic IP when doing a reset.
Activity: 61
Merit: 29
I installed "BraiinOS" on my S17 +.
unfortunately I can no longer get the device to work. (0 th hashrate)

I have now tried everything to reload the software, via the web, sd card or via the BTC tool, unfortunately without success.

I can access the device but it doesn't work. and the red LED lights up continuously.

maybe someone here can help me to get the device working again.?
Pages:
Jump to: