Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED! - page 29. (Read 42360 times)

AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
Somebody hacked his reddit account, too?

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4hfyyo/gavin_can_you_please_detail_all_parts_of_the/d2plygg

edit: Damn, they hacked whole reddit

all of our servers are busy right now
please try again in a minute

(error code: 503)

[–]gavinandresenGavin Andresen - Bitcoin Dev 153 points 2 hours ago

Craig signed a message that I chose ("Gavin's favorite number is eleven. CSW" if I recall correctly) using the private key from block number 1.

That signature was copied on to a clean usb stick I brought with me to London, and then validated on a brand-new laptop with a freshly downloaded copy of electrum.

I was not allowed to keep the message or laptop (fear it would leak before Official Announcement).

I don't have an explanation for the funky OpenSSL procedure in his blog post.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
Craig: Hi lol
Gavin: Who r u?
Craig: I'm Satoshi.
Gavin: Ok, sign this with the privkey to the coinbase in the genesis block: "I, Craig Steven Wright, am Satoshi Nakamoto. 15 April 2016."
Craig: Nah, why don't I fly you to London and I'll show you.
Gavin: Sounds great! I love London!
Craig: lol
Gavin: lol

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I just posted a link to a BBC article in the Press subforum. I don't think it's that nobody cares, it's just you and me are firsties. Seriously the beeb article is, like, 5 minutes old.

agree with you In the BBC video it seems like he has actually signed a message? If that is true then it will maximize the chances of it being legit.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
Wright was there in the beginning, along with some other people, but he's not the miner of the genesis block, nor the author of the white paper, nor the source of more than a little of the original code.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
CW is awesome. Excatly how I'd want Nakamoto to be. Never on the t.v  again!
Activity: 1472
Merit: 505
We are cryptocurrency
When coins from known satoshi addresses start to move, than i am am buying this story.

Meanwhile Mr.Wright you can use some of your fortune to go feed some hungry kids.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
This thread should be removed really, when will people stop with this clickbait title madness?
Nothing has been "revealed". Just some con-artist scammer who managed to convince gullible people.
Where's the proof?

Only the title needs changing, the thread should stay so as to have somewhere to discuss this.

Theymos should stick a topic about this outrageous claim in this section in order to end this.
he has already posted this on reddit and sticked that on top on /r/bitcoin
Activity: 3
Da di da do didaaaa!!
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Name:   satoshi
Activity:   364
Position:   Founder
Date Registered:   November 19, 2009, 02:12:39 PM
Last Active:   December 13, 2010, 11:45:41 AM

How fing hard would it be for him to logon and post I AM SATOSHI from his SATOSHI account on the site that SATOSHI started when SATOSHI started Bitcoin?
As has been stated, the account was locked by theymos after a hack a long time ago.

EDIT: It would be interesting if theymos was able to contact this Wright guy and see if he can verify any part of the password to the Satoshi account... assuming theymos is able to see what the password was on the account?

it would have been a challenge but i guess theymos can make an exception. this time just to challenge wright
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Regardless of the main question, IMHO it is good it happened just now.
Does anyone noticed the perfect timing?
a. Consensus 2016 is buzzing like shaken hornet nest - was it planned to happen in very middle of it?
b. BBC is the story carrier for millions of "Muggle" people - on last day of long weekend!
c. Close but not so close to halving - initial disturbance shall ease before ½ but buzz word effect may be another milestone for BTC growth.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
I've always thought if Satoshi were to reveal himself it would be on bitcoin talk or to the mailing list with proof.  The fact it was done via news agencies with no proof is very suspect in itself.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
There are a hundred ways where Satoshi could cryptographically "announce" himself to the world, without involving any media or "trusted" parties to vouce for him. The forum, the blockchain, the mailing list, etc. After doing so, it would instantly be news-worthy enough for the bbc, cnn, reuters and so on.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.

How fing hard would it be for him to logon and post I AM SATOSHI from his SATOSHI account on the site that SATOSHI started when SATOSHI started Bitcoin?
As has been stated, the account was locked by theymos after a hack a long time ago.

EDIT: It would be interesting if theymos was able to contact this Wright guy and see if he can verify any part of the password to the Satoshi account... assuming theymos is able to see what the password was on the account?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
This thread should be removed really, when will people stop with this clickbait title madness?
Nothing has been "revealed". Just some con-artist scammer who managed to convince gullible people.
Where's the proof?

Only the title needs changing, the thread should stay so as to have somewhere to discuss this.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Where's the proof?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
How will that affect the future price movement of BTC?

If anyone knew that with any certainty, they'd be using the information to turn a hefty profit for themselves, not telling everyone else how to profit.   Grin

All we can say for sure is that there will be some volatility because of the increased media attention, but whether it's up or down is anyone's best guess.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
How will that affect the future price movement of BTC?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
i want to see a 1 million BTC transaction go across the network and then i might believe this story.
Activity: 24
anyone who uses computers knows they count from 0.  Block 1 was generated in the public domain .. The Genesis block is block 0
Pages:
Jump to: