Pages:
Author

Topic: Brian123321's Sports Betting Picks | All Sports | Full Tracking Inside - page 23. (Read 25756 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 21

I thought i was not going to have any system plays for Friday but i was wrong. I had originally calculated the spread wrong.  I went back through all the games and i actually have 2 system plays.

3pm EST

LA Lafayette +14 (+13.5)

930pm EST

Robert Morris +9 (+8.5)

Again i will explain the numbers in the parentheses because they are very important numbers.

It does not make any sense to lock these plays in right now because these plays could easily become no plays by the time of tip off.  I have explained this multiple times in this thread but i will explain it again.  The system i created was backtracked using the closing lines on covers.  Therefore the closing line on covers is what decides what is a play and what is not a play.

For example, lets take the La Lafayette play above.  The line right now is +14.  The line in parentheses shows what the line has to be at or above come about 30 minutes to tip off on covers (http://scores.covers.com/college-basketball-scores-matchups.aspx).  The LA Lafayette game is at 3pm tomorrow.  If at 2:30pm the line on covers is +13 then the game would be a no play.  If the line on covers was +13.5 or higher the game would be a play.  I can not stress this enough . . . . It does NOT MATTER if you can lock the play in at +14 right now.  It only matters what the closing line is on covers.  That is what decides if a game is a play or a no play.

If you have any questions about this please ask them.  I will be around for a little while tonight and i will be around a little while tomorrow before the game.

I am also going to go back tomorrow and double check the numbers tomorrow morning.  There will be some updated stats come tomorrow and i need to see if those will make a difference in either of these games.  I dont think they will but its always better to be on the safe side.

As always i will update this thread tomorrow when i lock in the plays.

Good Luck!
I have a question as to why the closing line matters so much. The system looks for value in plays as all systems do. If you see LA Lafayette at +14 now and your system says +13.5 or higher + wise is +EV why wouldn't you book it now? Why does the closing line matter so much? Does the system not like when the public is heavy on the side you are on? Don't want you to discuss your system obviously but if you could share why the closing line matters so much for your system when your system would say +14 right now would have a lot of value for Lafayette.

Going to tail both plays though regardless, hopefully you go 2-0 to finish the season. Hopefully you bet a hundred or couple hundred worth too with your system bets. Always wondered if your betting twenty bills, hundreds, or even thousands per bet because your ROI is incredibly high.
Activity: 126
March 21

I thought i was not going to have any system plays for Friday but i was wrong. I had originally calculated the spread wrong.  I went back through all the games and i actually have 2 system plays.

3pm EST

LA Lafayette +14 (+13.5)

930pm EST

Robert Morris +9 (+8.5)

Again i will explain the numbers in the parentheses because they are very important numbers.

It does not make any sense to lock these plays in right now because these plays could easily become no plays by the time of tip off.  I have explained this multiple times in this thread but i will explain it again.  The system i created was backtracked using the closing lines on covers.  Therefore the closing line on covers is what decides what is a play and what is not a play.

For example, lets take the La Lafayette play above.  The line right now is +14.  The line in parentheses shows what the line has to be at or above come about 30 minutes to tip off on covers (http://scores.covers.com/college-basketball-scores-matchups.aspx).  The LA Lafayette game is at 3pm tomorrow.  If at 2:30pm the line on covers is +13 then the game would be a no play.  If the line on covers was +13.5 or higher the game would be a play.  I can not stress this enough . . . . It does NOT MATTER if you can lock the play in at +14 right now.  It only matters what the closing line is on covers.  That is what decides if a game is a play or a no play.

If you have any questions about this please ask them.  I will be around for a little while tonight and i will be around a little while tomorrow before the game.

I am also going to go back tomorrow and double check the numbers tomorrow morning.  There will be some updated stats come tomorrow and i need to see if those will make a difference in either of these games.  I dont think they will but its always better to be on the safe side.

As always i will update this thread tomorrow when i lock in the plays.

Good Luck!
Took NC state for a strong play, especially 1st half. Looking good so far. Is the game on Friday you mentioned before looking to be a system play?

It was a system play but the line has sense moved to make it a no play so most likely will not have any plays tomorrow.
Took NC state for a strong play, especially 1st half. Looking good so far. Is the game on Friday you mentioned before looking to be a system play?
All my tourny upets are as follows:

1st Round
Dayton over Ohio State
BYU over Oregon
Pittsburgh over Colorado (though not technically an upset)
Stanford over New Mexico
Tennessee Over UMass
Kentucky Over Kansas St

2nd Round
Pittsburgh Over Florida
Texas Over Michigan
Tennessee Over Duke
Kentucky Over Wichita St
Baylor Over Creighton

3rd Round
Kentucky Over Louisville

4th Round
Kansas Over Virginia

Final
Kansas v Arizona

Arizona winning.
Reminded myself of why I stick to my system plays.

1st Round
Dayton over Ohio State
BYU over Oregon
Stanford over New Mexico
Tennessee Over UMass
Kentucky Over Kansas St

2nd Round
Pittsburgh Over Florida
Texas Over Michigan
Tennessee Over Duke
Kentucky Over Wichita St
Baylor Over Creighton

3rd Round
Kentucky Over Louisville

4th Round
Kansas Over Virginia

Final
Kansas v Arizona

Arizona winning.

One upset down! Only a ton to go . . . .
Lucky you man, only 63 more games and you win a billion dollars! (if you entered that). Had Ohio State making sweet 16 and going no further. Bad start for me.

1st Round
Dayton over Ohio State
BYU over Oregon
Stanford over New Mexico
Tennessee Over UMass
Kentucky Over Kansas St

2nd Round
Pittsburgh Over Florida
Texas Over Michigan
Tennessee Over Duke
Kentucky Over Wichita St
Baylor Over Creighton

3rd Round
Kentucky Over Louisville

4th Round
Kansas Over Virginia

Final
Kansas v Arizona

Arizona winning.

One upset down! Only a ton to go . . . .
Curious, how have you done with your non-system plays? Have you done any tracking or idea of how you've done on your own thoughts and not system based?

Honestly i have no idea.  The two plays i posted incorporate some of things i look at for my system plays but are missing some things as well.  I only put a small amount on each play bc i have no tracking history for this kind of a play.
Curious, how have you done with your non-system plays? Have you done any tracking or idea of how you've done on your own thoughts and not system based?

1st Round
Dayton over Ohio State
BYU over Oregon
Stanford over New Mexico
Tennessee Over UMass
Kentucky Over Kansas St

2nd Round
Pittsburgh Over Florida
Texas Over Michigan
Tennessee Over Duke
Kentucky Over Wichita St
Baylor Over Creighton

3rd Round
Kentucky Over Louisville

4th Round
Kansas Over Virginia

Final
Kansas v Arizona

Arizona winning.
I also have Dayton upsetting Ohio State.  Still a ton of playing time in this game though.  Hopefully the can keep the lead and win this game.
I have no system plays today but there are two games i am going to be playing.

Be warned that i am using a different method coming up with these two plays that has not been back tracked and I WONT be counting these games to my record nor will i be putting them on my tracking sheet.

I am simply posting these because these are the two games i am playing today.

BYU +5
Cincy -3

Good luck everyone!
Just wanted to apologize for way I acted the other day. Your picks are doing extremely well and you obviously are not just someone on a hot streak. Wonder how sophisticated your systems are honestly. I follow a couple like Walco's gold on SBR and have well tailing. Sorry again and I'll probably buy some of your picks next season or during baseball if we see the same results as now. Good luck with your plays, and don't know what you think of this but biggest upset in my bracket I have is VCU > Florida. Go Louisville though for the whole thing.

I also have florida being upset but i have them being upset by pittsburgh in the second round.  I have Arizona going all the way.  Kansas, Arizona, Virginia, Kentucky in final 4.

Be warned that i am using a different method coming up with these two plays that has not been back tracked and I WONT be counting these games to my record nor will i be putting them on my tracking sheet.

BYU +5
Cincy -3

Good luck everyone!
Just wanted to apologize for way I acted the other day. Your picks are doing extremely well and you obviously are not just someone on a hot streak. Wonder how sophisticated your systems are honestly. I follow a couple like Walco's gold on SBR and have well tailing. Sorry again and I'll probably buy some of your picks next season or during baseball if we see the same results as now. Good luck with your plays, and don't know what you think of this but biggest upset in my bracket I have is VCU > Florida. Go Louisville though for the whole thing.

BYU +5
Cincy -3

Good luck everyone!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Sorry to hear that you're out of plays, and sorry I didn't start following sooner!

I myself was wondering what the system was, since you're always betting underdogs with the points. It's got to be another clue that you don't have more plays during the tournament...

Maybe when I have more time I'll try to reverse-engineer the system.

Til then, thanks, and great job last night!
So i have some good news and i have some bad news.

The bad news is that it looks like i am only have one more system play in college basketball this year.  It doesnt look like i will have any plays tomorrow and as of now i only have one play on Friday which could become a no play.  There are still a couple games Friday that do not have lines up yet so maybe ill get lucky and one of those will also fall into the system.

The good news is this.  Since Friday could very well be my last day for system plays in college basketball this season i am not going to charge for it.  Ill post it tomorrow night or Friday morning for free.

Since there is a chance i could lose the play i would not be able to keep up with my end of the deal of continuing to post plays until i get the purchases back above 50%, because of this i will not charge for any plays i end up having.

Once the tournament is over ill probably gone for a while, probably about a month or so and be back with my baseball plays.  My baseball system is fairly simple to figure and i would not be surprised if everyone here didnt figure it out quickly.

Until then good luck with everyones bets!  It has been a fun last month of the season!
4-0 Tonight

Brings totals to:

73-32-2

69%

+37.8 Units

Tracking sheet updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtSy6_kdCZuTdHhGcktNTThFLXpOd1hHNDJ1RVdUWnc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

This squares me up with all the people that purchased plays on the first day.  Since Saturday (first paying day) i am now 5-2.

Congrats to everyone who purchased plays today!

I just got finished looking over tomorrows games and its sad to say i will not have any plays tomorrow.  Hopefully ill have some on friday.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Great picks tonight!
Currently sitting 3-0 with 1 pending.

Working on getting the sweep today . . . .
Pages:
Jump to: