Pages:
Author

Topic: [♔] British Digital Currency | 5% annual PoS - Bittrex - Fiat to BritCoin [BRIT] - page 27. (Read 125107 times)

legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1000
14k for one BRIT, hmm sounds great.

William, could you remake logo in mac os app?

as you can see logo carelessly cut

No probs, I'm sure one of our devs can fix the wallet image ready for the next update. Smiley

Your staking rewards look normal, 5% of 14k / 365 = 1.9Brits per day. Smiley
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
We are getting more buy support, hope the updates/news this week will gain us more Cheesy
good .well I hope to have many more small investors is a major investor in britcoin

Well we're hoping once BritCoin get published on a major news outlet it will attract an investor willing to buy £5k+ or so in Brits, that's 16 BTC and enough to take the price up from 500sat to over 14,000sat, it's enough to clear the entire sell wall actually.

That's what we're hoping will happen, £5k is not a huge commitment to a large investor. Smiley
Real investors would be great indeed. We don't need whales to create fake rises Grin
http://www.coin-hub.co.uk/britcoin-75-c.asp

is it good for britcoin at the initial stage when the price is over 300%?
we lose customers, i think.

Not sure what you meant but the price on that website seems like overpriced Shocked
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
http://www.coin-hub.co.uk/britcoin-75-c.asp

is it good for britcoin at the initial stage when the price is over 300%?
we lose customers, i think.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
14k for one BRIT, hmm sounds great.

William, could you remake logo in mac os app?

http://s010.radikal.ru/i311/1408/57/fe60caac3a72.png

as you can see logo carelessly cut
We are getting more buy support, hope the updates/news this week will gain us more Cheesy
good .well I hope to have many more small investors is a major investor in britcoin

Well we're hoping once BritCoin get published on a major news outlet it will attract an investor willing to buy £5k+ or so in Brits, that's 16 BTC and enough to take the price up from 500sat to over 14,000sat, it's enough to clear the entire sell wall actually.

That's what we're hoping will happen, £5k is not a huge commitment to a large investor. Smiley

Please say when Proof of Work mining started and ended.  Also, what was the block reward initially and the halving time (if there was one)?

Has Proof of Stake been possible from effectively day one of the launch?

Thank you
Block reward was 1000 coins per block. PoW started in June and ended in July. Don't remember the specific dates (someone might help to fill this up?). There has been no any problem so far since the launch Cheesy

Details
BritCoin (BRIT)
X13 Algorithm
60 second block time
PoW + PoS Hybrid
PoW ended at Block 20,000
10 Million Coins estimated in PoW phase (20 million total supply)
12 hours min stake age
5% Annual Interest on Staked coins
No IPO
No Foundation
1% Premine for Bounties, Competitions and Giveaways
110 Block confirmations to maturity (for mined blocks)
6 block confirmations for coin transfers
1000 Coins per block
Ports: Main=9197, RPC=9198
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176

Please say when Proof of Work mining started and ended.  Also, what was the block reward initially and the halving time (if there was one)?

Has Proof of Stake been possible from effectively day one of the launch?

Thank you
legendary

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
legendary
Mirror would probably do a online article.

I've sent them an email ([email protected]) asking if they'd want to write an article about BritCoin.  I would advise everyone do the same, if it looks like there is a lot of support and interest for BritCoin we have a better chance of getting published. Smiley
legendary
Quick update that we're moving our IRC channel from #BritCoin to #BritCoinUK, as we've been unable to get a response out of freenode with regards to changing the ownership of the channel.

Our new wallet update will include in wallet irc functionality, so we think it's best to do this now before it's released. Smiley

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#BritcoinUK
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
There's something wrong with staking. Definitely not 5%.

I don't intend to become millionaire with POS staking, but this should be fixed.

I can assure you that you'll get 5% annual interest on your coins, every wallet runs the same code so we know it does work properly. Smiley

To ensure you receive your stake payments remember to have your wallet running and unlocked, otherwise you will not receive any. 

Also, the link below will help in adding up the small payments;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=667820.msg7943235;topicseen#msg7943235

You should get 5% of 36,000 / 365 = 4.9 Brits.  So you should get 4.9 Brits per day, paid out in multiple small amounts of < 0.1 Brits.

Hope this helps, let me know if you've tried the method of counting above and it still doesn't add up. Smiley

Will try to leave wallet open and unlocked 24 hours. With other POS coins it is enough to open wallet once in a while to collect some stakes.
One more thing: When I unlock my wallet via Configuration/Unlock Wallet or using walletpassphrase in debug window, button on front page stays "Unlock wallet" although wallet is unlocked.
Keep up good work with BRIT!

Thanks for pointing that out, will work on a fix for it Smiley
legendary

I don't intend to become millionaire with POS staking, but this should be fixed.

I can assure you that you'll get 5% annual interest on your coins, every wallet runs the same code so we know it does work properly. Smiley

To ensure you receive your stake payments remember to have your wallet running and unlocked, otherwise you will not receive any. 

You should get 5% of 36,000 / 365 = 4.9 Brits.  So you should get 4.9 Brits per day, paid out in multiple small amounts of < 0.1 Brits.

Hope this helps, let me know if you've tried the method of counting above and it still doesn't add up. Smiley

Will try to leave wallet open and unlocked 24 hours. With other POS coins it is enough to open wallet once in a while to collect some stakes.
One more thing: When I unlock my wallet via Configuration/Unlock Wallet or using walletpassphrase in debug window, button on front page stays "Unlock wallet" although wallet is unlocked.

Cool, let us know how it goes, it should give you the right amount of stake. Smiley  Will pass the unlock bug on to one of our coin dev and see if he can fix it to go with our new wallet update coming soon. Smiley

Thanks for the support mate. Smiley
Activity: 247

legendary

Activity: 247

legendary

I'm about to go to sleep now but I will email them tomorrow, their address is [email protected] in case anyone else would like to shoot them a quick email about how great BritCoin is. Cheesy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/contact-us/
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
legendary
I've justed updated the 'Updates' section on the OP, see the image below for a summary of what's going on with Brit etc. Smiley

Wonderful. Getting excited to see an article about Britcoin on major news outlets Cheesy

Thanks mate, really appreciate your support.  Will update on here when I have something new to report, hopefully not too long now. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: