Pages:
Author

Topic: Bryce Weiner attempted to tip ISIS!? - page 2. (Read 6531 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
March 11, 2015, 03:45:59 PM
In reality we have little power to do anything around the world. And we do not pay for child soldiers when we do.

Except for the well-documented military interventions, government destabilizations, coup attempts, assassinations, bribes, blackmail, interference with foreign elections at the behest of corporate interests going back at least 5 decades, leading to the plundering of resources and the resultant mass poverty, starvation and genocide, no, the U.S., the wealthiest nation on the planet, has very little power. (im being sarcastic here)

At an individual level its true we are powerless, most of us bitches to our corporate/government masters. As a collective nation we screw with the world in a royal sort of way.

We may not pay for child soldiers but we often build their guns.

^This.

We may not be directly paying them to work for us, indirectly we still help them by making such guns. We, as a group of individuals, help the government to screw the world in some ways we knew but we cannot avoid, like paying taxes etc.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
March 11, 2015, 03:40:39 PM
In reality we have little power to do anything around the world. And we do not pay for child soldiers when we do.

Except for the well-documented military interventions, government destabilizations, coup attempts, assassinations, bribes, blackmail, interference with foreign elections at the behest of corporate interests going back at least 5 decades, leading to the plundering of resources and the resultant mass poverty, starvation and genocide, no, the U.S., the wealthiest nation on the planet, has very little power. (im being sarcastic here)

At an individual level its true we are powerless, most of us are bitches to our corporate/government masters. As a collective nation we screw with the world in a royal sort of way.

We may not pay for child soldiers but we often build their guns.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
March 11, 2015, 02:07:55 PM
How dangerous could she be? She's just a little girl?

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?
I fear that it is love that drives her. A love of killing.  Cheesy

Yeah, ok. She popped out of her mothers womb with an assault rifle and fatigues. Governments fuel hate and no government is better at it than murrica. No country in the world has more armed citizens than the murrican crazy land.
Someone gave her a gun, that's sad. But she looks to me like someone fighting the Americans. I know a lot of people think America is behind everything, I wish that were true. In reality we have little power to do anything around the world. And we do not pay for child soldiers when we do.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
March 11, 2015, 01:16:14 AM
Should have tipped @criminalsunion "to help... repeat the history of gun control" LOL
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
March 10, 2015, 11:51:25 PM
Well he just donated 1$, and probably wanted to just test it.

True enough if something is really broken it needs to be tested first
Otherwise we might have seen more large amounts going to fund them instead
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
March 10, 2015, 06:10:26 PM
Well children do copy cat what they see around them.

Yes, that's true. That's why I think it's highly likely that you've spent a lot of time growing up around dishonest people. The kind of people who would say "17 year olds aren't dangerous" and then contradict that in the same thread. I'm not saying this to argue with you. I'm saying it so there's clear evidence that you're not capable of having a rational conversation about a topic. It could be useful in later threads when people make the mistake of responding to you.

You've also given a good example of the phenomenon I mentioned earlier in the thread (when it was still about Bryce Weiner). A lot of people in the cryptocommunity (including me) are against the rising police/surveillance state. However, people who can't think very clearly can't see that both the police state and jihadists are real and dangerous. They aren't mutually exclusive. However, certain people give cues that indicate "We will think you are one of us if you believe jihad isn't really a problem." To be accepted as part of the group people parrot ridiculous and ahistorical nonsense. And make very dumb decisions like donating to ISIS.

Maybe you simply misunderstand me because I like to be humorous. I would no more agree with donating to a terrorist group like ISIS than I would agree with donating to the CIA. I'm an isolationist. I believe if we weren't running around the world pissing people off they wouldn't bother trying to blow us up. Stripping away your freedoms with legal loopholes like the Patriot Act would be unnecessary. Americans will eventually lose their right to bear arms, freedom of assembly, freedom of speech and a host of others if people don't stop it now. The problem is there seems to be too much blind patriotism without much thought about the process. WWII forced us into this role of world police force and we just can't seem to shake it. It's costing us a fortune abroad and destroying our freedoms at home. ttyl
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.
March 10, 2015, 05:58:21 PM

Yes, that's true. That's why I think it's highly likely that you've spent a lot of time growing up around dishonest people. The kind of people who would say "17 year olds aren't dangerous" and then contradict that in the same thread. I'm not saying this to argue with you. I'm saying it so there's clear evidence that you're not capable of having a rational conversation about a topic. It could be useful in later threads when people make the mistake of responding to you.

You've also given a good example of the phenomenon I mentioned earlier in the thread (when it was still about Bryce Weiner). A lot of people in the cryptocommunity (including me) are against the rising police/surveillance state. However, people who can't think very clearly can't see that both the police state and jihadists are real and dangerous. They aren't mutually exclusive. However, certain people give cues that indicate "We will think you are one of us if you believe jihad isn't really a problem." To be accepted as part of the group people parrot ridiculous and ahistorical nonsense. And make very dumb decisions like donating to ISIS.
legendary
March 10, 2015, 05:40:17 PM
Seriously though, doesn't it seem a little silly for a great and powerful nation to run in fear of a 17 year old child? Are we that fragile? Should I be packin heat every time I visit the grocery store? lol

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?
I fear that it is love that drives her. A love of killing.  Cheesy

Yeah, ok. She popped out of her mothers womb with an assault rifle and fatigues. Governments fuel hate and no government is better at it than murrica. No country in the world has more armed citizens than the murrican crazy land.

Just in case anyone missed it, QuestionAuthority switched from arguing that 17-year olds aren't dangerous enough to worry about (they're just nice young buys working at the grocery store!) to arguing that child soldiers exist but are only dangerous because of 'murrica. Maybe a better handle for QuestionAuthority would be QuestionBasicLogic.

QuestionBasicLogic also switched from referring to the U.S. as a "great and powerful nation" to "murrican crazy land." Or maybe he's just misspelling "Moroccan."

You should re-read everything. I was referring to the supposedly "great and powerful" country that's afraid of children and constantly police their citizens. Maybe english isn't your first language.  

The 17 year old "child" was arrested in Virginia according the link supplied. Maybe you don't know Virginia is part of the U.S. Maybe in addition to studying some basic logic you should brush up on your basic geography.

legendary
March 10, 2015, 05:37:23 PM
Seriously though, doesn't it seem a little silly for a great and powerful nation to run in fear of a 17 year old child? Are we that fragile? Should I be packin heat every time I visit the grocery store? lol

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

Just in case anyone missed it, QuestionAuthority switched from arguing that 17-year olds aren't dangerous enough to worry about (they're just nice young buys working at the grocery store!) to arguing that child soldiers exist but are only dangerous because of 'murrica. Maybe a better handle for QuestionAuthority would be QuestionBasicLogic.

Again probably a language barrier. I said when a girl wears fatigues and carries an assault rifle it's a government fueling the hate not specifically the murrican government but they are quite good at it.

March 10, 2015, 05:37:20 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?
I fear that it is love that drives her. A love of killing.  Cheesy

QuestionBasicLogic also switched from referring to the U.S. as a "great and powerful nation" to "murrican crazy land." Or maybe he's just misspelling "Moroccan."

You should re-read everything. I was referring to the supposedly "great and powerful" country that's afraid of children and constantly police their citizens. Maybe english isn't your first language.  

The 17 year old "child" was arrested in Virginia according the link supplied. Maybe you don't know Virginia is part of the U.S. Maybe in addition to studying some basic logic you should brush up on your basic geography.
legendary
March 10, 2015, 05:33:06 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

March 10, 2015, 05:18:56 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

March 10, 2015, 05:16:03 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

legendary
March 10, 2015, 04:56:43 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?

legendary
March 10, 2015, 04:00:24 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 10, 2015, 02:05:08 PM
Though tipping a small amount will not hurt significantly, the point is somewhere inside your brain, you're supporting terrorist. $1 costed him legal actions and disgust from the public. Not worth it.

I doubt it costed him any legal actions. It only costed him public disgust. But yeah was definitely not worth it, even as a joke.
legendary
March 10, 2015, 01:55:14 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!

But what fuels her hate?
legendary
March 10, 2015, 01:42:34 PM

SPOILER ALERT:
She is damn dangerous!
legendary
March 10, 2015, 01:35:43 PM

The G20 member nations should just nuke these damn heathen countries and turn all that sand into a giant glass parking lot for a mega Walmart. They could split the profit. LOL

There are too many innocent people in countries occupied by ISIS for this to make sense. The collateral damage would make up 99%+ of the dead.

Um, yeah. I don't think there's anyone that doesn't know that was a pointed joke aimed at our militaristic country. But you're scary though.

The point is that we do not want terrorist orgs getting any financial support whatsoever. They are already targeting a lot of young people to fight for them

I guess just stopping the aggression and constant manipulation of countries where we don't belong is a stupid idea. You know how I kept crazy bullies from beating me up when I was a child? I had no contact with them and avoided messing in their affairs.
legendary
March 10, 2015, 01:11:34 PM
I have worked training troops and a 17yo. is the scariest solider you will ever face on the battlefield. That is the prime age for a fighter to enter the fight. They are young enough to be excelent learners in good physical shape, and inexperienced enough to not recognize the danger of fighting. it's hard to know what a 17yo. is going to do next in a battle. They can't be counted on to play it safe. They might just foolishly attack and die, but kill you in the process.
There are thousands of kids like this currently fighting in Syria, Iraq, Mali, Nigeria, Sudan, etc...

Well, I guess I should be packin heat then. Come to think of it, some of those grocery bag boys are pretty creepy lookin. I can see this little bastard chopping someones head off and storing it in his grandmothers freezer.

Pages:
Jump to: