Pages:
Author

Topic: Bryce Weiner attempted to tip ISIS!? - page 5. (Read 6531 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
March 07, 2015, 07:31:29 PM
Then you should do one of two things:

1) Vote to change the government you live under to not be the "terrorists" you think they are, or
2) Move to a place where the government is one that you don't deem as "terrorists"

In most societies, taxes paid are due to the fact that the citizens have voted to pay those taxes. If you don't agree with those taxes do something to organize your citizens to vote the taxes away or don't live in that jurisdiction.

Why do people feel they are so helpless?
because of the first past the post electoral system
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista
March 07, 2015, 07:29:34 PM
I support terrorism every time I pay taxes

1) Vote to change the government you live under to not be the "terrorists" you think they are, or
2) Move to a place where the government is one that you don't deem as "terrorists"

In most societies, taxes paid are due to the fact that the citizens have voted to pay those taxes. If you don't agree with those taxes do something to organize your citizens to vote the taxes away or don't live in that jurisdiction.

In summary:
1) Not going to happen in this lifetime.
2) Put up or shut up.....

So, sounds like a win for terrorists everywhere. At least the state sponsored ones. Maybe independent terrorists could sue under equal rights.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
March 07, 2015, 07:23:41 PM
Give them .001BTC via ChangeTip, its funding "Terrorism".

Give them $100m via fronts in Oman, its funding "Regime Change"

These guys are bad news, but they have been state sponsored for a long time.

Same as steal $100 and you're a thief, steal $1000M and you're a banker Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
March 07, 2015, 07:08:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
March 07, 2015, 06:55:07 PM
http://www.coindesk.com/changetip-user-banned-isis/

Not sure what to make of this.
I understand the point he was making (see coin desk article) but think that what he did or attempted to do does not justify it.
BTC has a mixed picture in the outside world. This only portrays it worse not to mention the effect that supporting terrorists can have!

What do you think?

Wow! Really strange , why would he do it !
And even when the CEO (Nick Sullivan) of ChangeTip said it himself that he was banned , why would B. Weiner say that he asked them to close the account ?
Can't get a hold on his ideas, totally stupid attempt and big lie .

Agreed. Something else happened and we've just been told a cover story. Either way, whatever the point he was trying to make backfired. Oh well, guess it serves him right for trying to support a terrorist organisation whether ot was his goal or not.
Activity: 546
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista
March 07, 2015, 10:00:31 AM
Give them .001BTC via ChangeTip, its funding "Terrorism".

Give them $100m via fronts in Oman, its funding "Regime Change"

These guys are bad news, but they have been state sponsored for a long time.

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2015, 07:06:20 AM

Unfortunately this is the world we live in sometimes... And they try to justify it too...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
March 07, 2015, 07:06:12 AM
http://www.coindesk.com/changetip-user-banned-isis/

Not sure what to make of this.
I understand the point he was making (see coin desk article) but think that what he did or attempted to do does not justify it.
BTC has a mixed picture in the outside world. This only portrays it worse not to mention the effect that supporting terrorists can have!

What do you think?

Wow! Really strange , why would he do it !
And even when the CEO (Nick Sullivan) of ChangeTip said it himself that he was banned , why would B. Weiner say that he asked them to close the account ?
Can't get a hold on his ideas, totally stupid attempt and big lie .
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
March 07, 2015, 06:44:55 AM
Has he ever commented on why he did this and tipped the ISIS for nothing ?

Looks like he got public anger towards himself for no reason. Seems it was meant as a joke but didn't end as one.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
March 07, 2015, 03:55:34 AM
They should maybe ban the internet in this region, use security teams to disarm the internet in this part of the world. The internet and network access is their recruiting tool, their threatening tool, their ONLY tool to the outside world. DISABLE THEM. EMP THEM. Send them to the damn stone age.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 07, 2015, 03:11:18 AM
Not sure why do he take the risk and send only $1 USD to ISIS. If he want to help ISIS.. he would sent big amount of Bitcoin and not use ChangeTip micro payment platform.

I think he didn't have the intent to send them money, but just create some troll, or make a joke out of it. But seems it went wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
March 06, 2015, 10:33:24 PM
Not sure why do he take the risk and send only $1 USD to ISIS. If he want to help ISIS.. he would sent big amount of Bitcoin and not use ChangeTip micro payment platform.
Activity: 770
March 06, 2015, 08:36:43 PM
watch that attempted $1 cost him thousands in legal fees when the US Govt decides to prosecute them on the grounds
of conspiracy aiding and abetting a terrorist organization.
Activity: 382
Merit: 311
March 06, 2015, 08:29:38 PM
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
March 06, 2015, 08:28:00 PM
Im reading this for the third damn time and still cant understand what was really his motive to do such a thing ?
Its an as**ole move in a way, but he also pointed to a very important issue of misuse of the service itself, so did he do more good than bad
really depends on what his original intention was, and i cant grasp to what it may be. A joke? Pointing at service misuse? Trying to damage company?

cheers
Loose lips sink sigs!
March 06, 2015, 08:18:57 PM
Supporters of ISIS will get their funds to those fucks in anyway possible - cash, bitcoin, arms, food, hostages, credit, euros, yen, yuang...

This guy Bryce is a terrorist supporter, there's not room for sarcasm or irony in moves like that.
Loose lips sink sigs!
March 06, 2015, 08:14:36 PM
Who's Bryce Weiner and why is this guy a cock to know?
Activity: 661
Merit: 502
March 06, 2015, 08:06:45 PM
Even if it's a joke it was a stupid idea. He agreed to Changetip's T&Cs when he signed up.
legendary
Activity: 1540
March 06, 2015, 08:01:34 PM
Well, because the Jews love their currency (USD) and hate Muslims (but of course do business with them)

Please, just shut up, also, make sure the links you post work the first time OP Cheesy

The link works fine for me. Anyone else having any issues?  Huh

Dunno, it worked fine for me after awhile but there was definitely something wrong with the link at first Tongue lmao I spot things fast sometimes, oh and this kind of reactionary shutting down of accounts is precisely why people should stick with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 06, 2015, 07:50:13 PM
Support terrorism?! That is frigging ludicrous!

You wanna support something. Support pizza!
(btw if someone wants to buy me pizza.. <3)
Pages:
Jump to: