Pages:
Author

Topic: Bryce Weiner attempted to tip ISIS!? - page 3. (Read 6531 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
March 10, 2015, 01:02:56 PM
Though tipping a small amount will not hurt significantly, the point is somewhere inside your brain, you're supporting terrorist. $1 costed him legal actions and disgust from the public. Not worth it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
March 10, 2015, 12:56:07 PM
This guy is an idiot. You can't be ambiguous ironical or anything with this, you fuck up by trying to being a smartass by not directly condemning the ISIS rats.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 10, 2015, 12:22:18 PM
The law is quite clear on this. He could face years in prison for providing material support to a terror group. Since we are currently fighting them he may also face treason charges. The amount is not the issue, giving even a penny to dasch COULD result in a death sentence.

I think he knew that. It was his choice and now he will pay a huge, life changing price. If he was making some kind of political statement then he should do his time. If he is going to whine about how unfair the government is for punishing him because he is aiding our enemy... well, That little boy has a lot to learn about running with the big boys. They will teach him in prison. Or he can always go to the glorious Islamic State. That would also be educational.

The G20 member nations should just nuke these damn heathen countries and turn all that sand into a giant glass parking lot for a mega Walmart. They could split the profit. LOL
There are too many innocent people in countries occupied by ISIS for this to make sense. The collateral damage would make up 99%+ of the dead.
Seriously though, doesn't it seem a little silly for a great and powerful nation to run in fear of a 17 year old child? Are we that fragile? Should I be packin heat every time I visit the grocery store? lol
The point is that we do not want terrorist orgs getting any financial support whatsoever. They are already targeting a lot of young people to fight for them
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
March 10, 2015, 12:15:51 PM
Seriously though, doesn't it seem a little silly for a great and powerful nation to run in fear of a 17 year old child? Are we that fragile? Should I be packin heat every time I visit the grocery store? lol
I have worked training troops and a 17yo. is the scariest solider you will ever face on the battlefield. That is the prime age for a fighter to enter the fight. They are young enough to be excelent learners in good physical shape, and inexperienced enough to not recognize the danger of fighting. it's hard to know what a 17yo. is going to do next in a battle. They can't be counted on to play it safe. They might just foolishly attack and die, but kill you in the process.
There are thousands of kids like this currently fighting in Syria, Iraq, Mali, Nigeria, Sudan, etc...

I regard age as a minor factor. Yes you can't hold kids responsible for all their actions, however someone who has the capacity to know what they're doing and is in full control of their actions should be held responsible for whatever it is they have done.
This guy deserves whatever punishment he gets. He'll probably get off lightly but I believe he should be treated just like a 30 year old would be in the same situation.
legendary
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
March 10, 2015, 12:13:06 PM
I have worked training troops and a 17yo. is the scariest solider you will ever face on the battlefield. That is the prime age for a fighter to enter the fight. They are young enough to be excelent learners in good physical shape, and inexperienced enough to not recognize the danger of fighting. it's hard to know what a 17yo. is going to do next in a battle. They can't be counted on to play it safe. They might just foolishly attack and die, but kill you in the process.
There are thousands of kids like this currently fighting in Syria, Iraq, Mali, Nigeria, Sudan, etc...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
March 10, 2015, 12:00:22 PM
The law is quite clear on this. He could face years in prison for providing material support to a terror group. Since we are currently fighting them he may also face treason charges. The amount is not the issue, giving even a penny to dasch COULD result in a death sentence.

I think he knew that. It was his choice and now he will pay a huge, life changing price. If he was making some kind of political statement then he should do his time. If he is going to whine about how unfair the government is for punishing him because he is aiding our enemy... well, That little boy has a lot to learn about running with the big boys. They will teach him in prison. Or he can always go to the glorious Islamic State. That would also be educational.

The G20 member nations should just nuke these damn heathen countries and turn all that sand into a giant glass parking lot for a mega Walmart. They could split the profit. LOL

legendary
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
March 10, 2015, 11:46:37 AM

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
March 10, 2015, 11:35:40 AM
bryce weiner is certainly an interesting hillbilly.  Grin
Activity: 168
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
March 10, 2015, 08:32:31 AM
In todays news we had , FBI Arrest a Teenager For Assisting ISIS Recruitment, who was somewhat related to Crypto
http://bitforum.info/t/fbi-arrested-teenager-for-assisting-isis-recruitment/383
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
March 10, 2015, 08:25:04 AM
Send him to GITMO or else execution for treason. His choice.

So wait. You're suggesting he should be either tortured or murdered for sending $1 to someone?  That sounds like a completely rational and reasonable response. 

You know, ISIS would probably approve of your methods and disregard for free speech.  Roll Eyes

I think (hope) he was being sarcastic.

Surprized there hasn't been a Jihad coin made yet, good diversion to take some of the heat off bitcoin Wink
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
March 09, 2015, 11:58:19 PM
http://www.coindesk.com/changetip-user-banned-isis/

Not sure what to make of this.
I understand the point he was making (see coin desk article) but think that what he did or attempted to do does not justify it.
BTC has a mixed picture in the outside world. This only portrays it worse not to mention the effect that supporting terrorists can have!

What do you think?

I think he didnt attempt, he did sent them so btc.
http://bitforum.info/t/fbi-arrested-teenager-for-assisting-isis-recruitment/383/1

All that makes me think about is how much financial waste exists in the government. How many people are required to monitor, research and act on every little thing that happens on the Internet. It probably violates the privacy of fewer citizens and costs less to just let one of these groups blow up a building and pay every victim and survivor family $100 million each. Sometimes the decisions of the U.S. government seem almost sophomoric to me.
Activity: 140
YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!
March 09, 2015, 11:00:15 PM
http://www.coindesk.com/changetip-user-banned-isis/

Not sure what to make of this.
I understand the point he was making (see coin desk article) but think that what he did or attempted to do does not justify it.
BTC has a mixed picture in the outside world. This only portrays it worse not to mention the effect that supporting terrorists can have!

What do you think?

I think he didnt attempt, he did sent them so btc.
http://bitforum.info/t/fbi-arrested-teenager-for-assisting-isis-recruitment/383/1
Activity: 558
Merit: 500
March 09, 2015, 10:57:16 PM

So wait. You're suggesting he should be either tortured or murdered for sending $1 to someone?  That sounds like a completely rational and reasonable response. 

You know, ISIS would probably approve of your methods and disregard for free speech.  Roll Eyes

Has he ever commented on why he did this and tipped the ISIS for nothing ?

He talked about it on DogeCoinDark Radio on Friday.  The episode will presumably appear in the archives in a few days after post-production:

http://dogecoindark.net/radio/archives.html

One thing it did was get Twitter to notice and shut down an ISIS-related account that they'd missed...
Activity: 546
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista
March 09, 2015, 05:34:50 PM
There's a cultural issue at play here.

It's also a perspective thing.

Where do you stand on this guy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sufian_bin_Qumu

If we had bitcoin back in 1980's, would you have supported this Jihadist against the russkies? Or would that have been bad, although the US government supported them ( and boycotted the olympic games to boot)

Or how about his 'rehabilitation' after guantanimo? Or when he took up the Jihadist cudgel again ( with US support) ? He more than likely blew up the embassy in Benghazi. Now, where do people stand viz. treason when the state is involved?

I'm speaking in generalities, btw, this applies to all nations that empower these animals in the interests of commerce.

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
March 09, 2015, 04:36:29 PM
Activity: 518
Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.
March 09, 2015, 02:16:55 PM
There's a cultural issue at play here. It's common for people involved in cryptocurrency to disapprove of many of the responses to jihad. They often complain about the invasion of privacy and loss of liberty. I agree with all of this. However, many people seem to have a problem believing that it's possible to disapprove of these responses while at the same time believing jihad is a very real and very serious problem. People new to the community probably pick up on these cues and see it's popular to complain about the response to jihad and that it's unpopular to say jihad is real. This naturally leads some people to say jihad isn't real -- that "jihadi" violence is all just a response to how terrible "we" are. I've heard Bryce Weiner (and other people in crypto I could name) make excuses for jihadis along these lines. I don't remember exactly what he said, just that I stopped the video right after he said it and thought, "What a goddamn idiot." The only video I'll watch of him in the future is if he's being beheaded by jihadis.

So I'm not surprised at all that Weiner felt comfortable donating to ISIS. He probably considers them "freedom fighters" against the real bad guys in the world. I am pleasantly surprised there hasn't been more support for ISIS in this thread.

While I'm not a big fan of Christianity, the infamous Luke Jr. may have done Bitcoin a big favor by writing Catholic prayers into the Bitcoin blockchain. People should spread the word that it's in there. If Bitcoin were to be declared haram, jihadis could move on to a halal altcoin.

I support terrorism every time I pay taxes

Then you should do one of two things:

1) Vote to change the government you live under to not be the "terrorists" you think they are, or
2) Move to a place where the government is one that you don't deem as "terrorists"

In most societies, taxes paid are due to the fact that the citizens have voted to pay those taxes. If you don't agree with those taxes do something to organize your citizens to vote the taxes away or don't live in that jurisdiction.

Why do people feel they are so helpless?

Option 2 is good for most people in the world (including Canadians like me), but from what I've read it doesn't apply to Americans. The U.S. government still demands taxes from its citizens if they move away. They also demand huge "exit taxes" to give up citizenship. (Read about Roger Ver's case.) Basically, if you're an American and you don't want to pay taxes to support lots of very bad things, the only realistic option is suicide.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
March 09, 2015, 10:12:44 AM
While I personally hate ISIS and I think they are barbarians, savages and idiots. I think that if he Bryce Weiner of whoever in general wants to tip them he is free to do so. He will be labeled as supporter of terrorists of course but it is his free will. I am sure he did it only for the publicity tho. And he succeeded apparently.

Yes of course. Everyone is free to do whatever he wants, but tip terrorists is not a good choice. Now I think he is monitored by the Police or maybe also by the CIA. He has made this thing (maybe) only for advertise bitcoin, but this is not the good way for make these things.
That and it isn't a good advertisement for Bitcoin but more or less a stab against it showing how easily someone can support terrorism from home. I am happy with Changetip and I am surprised on people upset with them because they won't allow ISIS to get money.
legendary
Merit: 1348
March 09, 2015, 11:18:17 AM
It seems from responses here that there's mixed feelings regarding his actions.
Freedom of speech is one thing however, I believe that if people want to exercise their rights they have to abide to the laws of the country they're dwelling in.
People may not like the way that governments govern society but ultimately without a governing body they'd be total havoc. In the most part, rules and laws are made to be kept for our own benefit.
Yes freedom of speech is important, however, when it comes to something like this (funding terrorism) I think a boundary has been crossed.
It's kind of like someone complaining about the ethnicity and beliefs of a country he lives in. By no means does he have to have the same beliefs and he can voice his opinions freely. However, instead of acting out and seeking to destroy a working system he should just leave and find a place that suits him better.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
March 09, 2015, 10:23:59 AM
Seems like a crazy thing to do, no doubt he'll be added on a few watchlists Smiley

Not really ideal associating bitcoin with ISIS either but hey ho, we'll always have bad apples.
Activity: 714
March 09, 2015, 09:56:23 AM
While I personally hate ISIS and I think they are barbarians, savages and idiots. I think that if he Bryce Weiner of whoever in general wants to tip them he is free to do so. He will be labeled as supporter of terrorists of course but it is his free will. I am sure he did it only for the publicity tho. And he succeeded apparently.

Yes of course. Everyone is free to do whatever he wants, but tip terrorists is not a good choice. Now I think he is monitored by the Police or maybe also by the CIA. He has made this thing (maybe) only for advertise bitcoin, but this is not the good way for make these things.
Pages:
Jump to: