Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 127. (Read 199719 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250
July 26, 2017, 06:34:47 AM
Maybe an AI has taken over, next will be the banks and after that SkyNet launches the nukes.
July 26, 2017, 06:32:43 AM
This is really your fault. Btce has been always a shady exchange. A catastrophe in the making. I do use it because they offer lots of USD withdrawal options and are lax with the rules but if I was selling to hedge my bitcoin value and I don't want to go with the identity verification I'll use bitfinex/kraken/bitmex. The latter is not an exchange but recently their quarterly future is solid enough for 20-40k.

That's only about 40 BTC so I very much doubt they would decide to exit based on that amount...
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
July 26, 2017, 06:30:01 AM
I dont understand the mechanics, but was under the impression that xbtce shared the same backend and orderbooks with btc-e. There seem to be active trades on xbtce - the trollbox has also been up for short periods today. Can anyone enlighten me with this position?
I am concerned by the sparse nature of btc-e comms but understand they may have their hands a bit full at the moment and maybe have no new news.
Large movements of BTC off exchanges & large sell/trade outs I would expect given the timing. Also tumbling of coins doesnt necessarily indicate a hack or exit scam in itself. There could be other security or tax related reasons to tumble.
The significant movements all relate to bitcoin - I would in any case expect this - surely in context of hack or scam we would see significant movements in other coins.
Btc-e is respected as one of the best and most trustworthy exchanges in the world.
I am not giving up all hope at present...
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
July 26, 2017, 06:29:16 AM
This is really your fault. Btce has been always a shady exchange. A catastrophe in the making. I do use it because they offer lots of USD withdrawal options and are lax with the rules but if I was selling to hedge my bitcoin value and I don't want to go with the identity verification I'll use bitfinex/kraken/bitmex. The latter is not an exchange but recently their quarterly future is solid enough for 20-40k.

despite all the doubts they've carried on trucking and they paid back everyone when they were hacked.

it's probably still gonna be going when most of the current ones have had that one final screw up.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
July 26, 2017, 06:23:24 AM
My funds were in USD. Does that mean I'm safe even if bitcoins were stolen?

That's unlikely though it would greatly depend on the scale of the hack (if there is any)

Approximately a year ago (on August, 2nd, to be precise) Bitfinex got hacked, and over 120,000 bitcoins had been stolen. The exchange socialized the losses among all exchange clients, i.e. the clients' funds were diminished appropriately, and they were given so called redemption tokens covering the loss, which could be traded for dollars and bitcoins. By now all these tokens have already been extinguished, which basically means that Bitfinex paid out their debt in full. On the other hand, when Bter got hacked for over 7,000 bitcoins in February, 2015, only Bitcoin holders were affected at the time. I had doges back then, and I successfully withdrew them all as soon as Bter became operational again in about two weeks after the hack

I personally have in the $100k range on btc-e Sad. Luckilly I was mostly in fiat when the hack happened, so not missing any coins and think it has a higher chance of being returned than BTC. Although with Aug 1 coming up soon with price expected to rise heavily after, having them reimburse coins would probably be a way better deal.

Either way, I'm not sure I'll every see any of it again, and it sucks really bad. I had my coins in cold storage for 4 years, just moved them onto BTC-e this week to sell / try to buy in lower for aug 1. Very, very bad decision.

Activity: 27
July 26, 2017, 06:18:04 AM
what? since when was btce ever hacked? i was a member since the 2013 rise and cant remember they were hacked before... anyway. staying up late as im in cash there and wanted to rebuy when the sercive comes back
BTC-E was hacked in 2012. Hackers gained access to their Liberty Reserve IPN and could inject unlimited fiat into the exchange. They bought up various crypto's and withdrew approx 4500 BTC.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121119200602/https://btc-e.com/news/81

https://i.imgur.com/zvntsEf.png

Bitcoins where a little bit cheaper back then.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
July 26, 2017, 06:16:46 AM

That's unlikely though it would greatly depend on the scale of the hack (if there is any)

Approximately a year ago (on August, 2nd, to be precise) Bitfinex got hacked, and over 120,000 bitcoins had been stolen. The exchange socialized the losses among all exchange clients, i.e. the clients' funds were diminished appropriately, and they were given so called redemption tokens covering the loss, which could be traded for dollars and bitcoins. By now all these tokens have already been extinguished, which basically means that Bitfinex paid out their debt in full. On the other hand, when Bter got hacked for over 7,000 bitcoins in February, 2015, only Bitcoin holders were affected at the time. I had doges back then, and I successfully withdrew them all as soon as Bter became operational again in about two weeks after the hack

I personally have in the $100k range on btc-e Sad. Luckilly I was mostly in fiat when the hack happened, so not missing any coins and think it has a higher chance of being returned than BTC. Although with Aug 1 coming up soon with price expected to rise heavily after, having them reimburse coins would probably be a way better deal.

Either way, I'm not sure I'll every see any of it again, and it sucks really bad. I had my coins in cold storage for 4 years, just moved them onto BTC-e this week to sell / try to buy in lower for aug 1. Very, very bad decision.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
July 26, 2017, 06:08:23 AM
what? since when was btce ever hacked? i was a member since the 2013 rise and cant remember they were hacked before... anyway. staying up late as im in cash there and wanted to rebuy when the sercive comes back
BTC-E was hacked in 2012. Hackers gained access to their Liberty Reserve IPN and could inject unlimited fiat into the exchange. They bought up various crypto's and withdrew approx 4500 BTC.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121119200602/https://btc-e.com/news/81
July 26, 2017, 06:03:44 AM
Thank for clarification. I still think there is no hack. Why would they post about maintenance?
Because typically every other site that was hacked used this as cover while they worked out the level of buttrapeage that had occurred.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2017, 05:58:28 AM
Thank for clarification. I still think there is no hack. Why would they post about maintenance?
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 26, 2017, 05:48:24 AM

Activity: 27
July 26, 2017, 05:45:06 AM

It depends what BTC-e will do if Bitcoins really where stolen. Maybe they let people withdraw there remaining assets or they might never come back online again.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
July 26, 2017, 05:43:58 AM
It all depends on how BTC-E is going to handle a potential theft of crypto funds ~ in recent examples we have seen that exchanges tend to generalize losses by giving every user with a balance a haircut worth an x percentage.

I have around $300 in fiat stuck there, which I obviously want to get back, but there are people with tens of thousands worth of funds, or even millions, that are now desperately waiting for good news.
Activity: 94
July 26, 2017, 05:41:31 AM
Mм...дa yж ! 15 чacoв мoлчaния и cyтки в Дayнe .... Пeчaльнo чтo Aдминиcтpaция мoлчит !!!
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
July 26, 2017, 05:38:16 AM
Ok. What if it is real scam?

Anyone knows how to report to FBI?
This is a very big deal
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2017, 05:36:55 AM
Activity: 90
Merit: 3
July 26, 2017, 05:03:50 AM
They might be closing possible hacker entry points or just taking offline inaccurate data. But I am wondering why haven't they shut down pamm web site too as they did with their main web server.

Perhaps pamm server is located on another site. And loading the data through API from the core server. When access to btc-e.com gone, they turned off pamm.
PAMM site was working today (approx at 8-9 CEST)
Activity: 463
Merit: 259
July 26, 2017, 04:48:08 AM
They might be closing possible hacker entry points or just taking offline inaccurate data. But I am wondering why haven't they shut down pamm web site too as they did with their main web server.

Perhaps pamm server is located on another site. And loading the data through API from the core server. When access to btc-e.com gone, they turned off pamm.
Activity: 56
July 26, 2017, 04:21:25 AM

Now it shows "HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.". Was something else that you have seen before?

It looked like pamm service, nothing more. Myself, I consider almost any pamm service a scam but may be it's just me.
Curiously it got deleted after post here.

Activity: 420
July 26, 2017, 03:58:15 AM
i scare they run this  Undecided
Jump to: