Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 130. (Read 199719 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 25, 2017, 06:04:27 PM
There is no way I am going to trade on BTC-e if they can't even put up an announcement after all this time.  I used to love that place too for how loose they are, but guess that is the price you pay for unprofessionalism.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 25, 2017, 05:51:30 PM
They have been down for half a day and not even a placeholder page saying what's going on, just the default cloudflare broken server page. That's not very professional.
Activity: 531
Merit: 258
July 25, 2017, 05:29:53 PM
They do have an issue but with their data center this is what they say. The problem is you are able to ping the website btc-e.com  and traceroute too! so in this case, is it really a data center issue? Just before it went down a sell order was placed worth 414k BTC
The API is working so far
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
July 25, 2017, 05:07:47 PM
Probably maintenance. It updates status on social media too often.
erk
July 25, 2017, 05:06:20 PM
An outage this long is going to tank their credibility.

It's ok to have problems, but you need to keep the public informed as to what's happening.

Bet there is a bank run on them if and when they come back online.
Activity: 56
July 25, 2017, 04:54:58 PM
Good sign: MT4 market watch jumped to 23:46:41 but still frozen. There were 4 eth and 4 btc trades on mt4 (eth dropped to $200). Market watch then jumped to 23:57:21 with 10 btc trades total.

BTC-e twitter followers increased by another 1% Cheesy
Activity: 2
July 25, 2017, 04:30:54 PM
Maybe Boris had a late night and tripped over the power cable.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
July 25, 2017, 04:03:47 PM
anyomne knows the cold/hot wallet addresses? that would be easiest way to check whats oging on

Is it this ?

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/BTC-e.com
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
July 25, 2017, 04:03:10 PM
Everyone must to move BTC to Electrum or Core before the 1 of August.
Otherwise you can loose all your coins.

What do you mean by that ?
Is is related to BTC-E ? or you want to say something else.
Activity: 574
July 25, 2017, 04:03:06 PM
Between this and the BitcoinCash attack the price of Bitcoin is holding up pretty well so far, all things considering. There's more to this then a "maintenance event"  though....

There's no "attack". It's called free market at work. Holy hell some of you.
July 25, 2017, 04:02:37 PM
Yeah this is messed up. It looks like they are getting DDOSed as the price is crashing hard globally.

If they were DDoSed then their mt4 servers will be offline too but they are online and logging is working fine but trade is stopped.

The owners of BTC-e are Alexei and Alexander, who previously worked in ZhK Skolkovo Park, Moscow.

Maybe information at https://btceclaims.github.io/ could be true but who knows.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
July 25, 2017, 03:52:41 PM
anyomne knows the cold/hot wallet addresses? that would be easiest way to check whats oging on
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
July 25, 2017, 03:49:46 PM
How do you know that the owners were Russian citizens in 2011?

The owners of BTC-e are Alexei and Alexander, who previously worked in ZhK Skolkovo Park, Moscow. Until 2013, some information was available on their identities, but all of that disappeared suddenly that year. We don't even know their surnames. I am also not sure whether they are Russian citizens or not, but since they have worked in the Skolkovo Park, I assume they have / had Russian passports.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
July 25, 2017, 03:44:42 PM
8 hours and still not up. BTC is falling again,
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
July 25, 2017, 03:44:21 PM
Yeah this is messed up. It looks like they are getting DDOSed as the price is crashing hard globally. Haven't been able to access the site in many hours.

Having terrible experiences in the past with exchanges like Cryptsy, I am very, very worried right now. Lost a ton of money before, and don't want it happening again.
Activity: 14
July 25, 2017, 03:38:03 PM

Do not get too upset, guys, they've probably had some technical problems, I think they might end it soon, I do not think there's any hacker attacking it right now. Please wait for the official announcement from them.

i like this +ve thinking. they will be back..most probably its a technical issues...those who are familiar with technical part they should understand and for most end-user..it will be hard to understand it. from what ive seen, most probably it has something to do with their switches..perhaps burnt out or short circuit.
July 25, 2017, 01:03:57 PM
Just forgot to mention that their MT4 platform is independent market which is taking liquidity from their web trading platform and that there have been times when either web or mt4 platform was not working but can't remember when their both platforms were offline.

But since they are now partnering with xBTCe that could be causing some issues. xBTCe also not working.

-----
Now 2 more hours after: no changes with mt4, everything frozen, login working, same server response times and only btc-e twitter followers increased by 1%. This looks like some serious issue. It is taking too long. Hope they haven't split the coins already Cheesy
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 25, 2017, 12:55:39 PM
Popular Russian bitcoin exchange BTC-e has been down for almost 3 hours with the official twitter saying they are having a "server maintenance".

The weird thing is, they have never had maintenance works without prior announcements in the past. And coincidently, bitcoin prices have been crashing since btc-e went down.

Are they hacked and just denying the attack by calling it a maintenance job (like most hacked websites choose to do) ??

Hopefully, btc-e comes back online soon.

Whether hacked or not I think anyone who value his coins so much no matter how little should not leave any on at exchange or online wallet because things like this. I faced the same issue with one of the online wallets yesterday although it was for few minutes which left without being noticed, immediately  I heeded to the advice that has been circulating over the forum for a while in which I would suggest everyone to do.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 25, 2017, 12:48:39 PM
Popular Russian bitcoin exchange BTC-e has been down for almost 3 hours with the official twitter saying they are having a "server maintenance".

It is not a Russian bitcoin exchange. Although the owners are Russians (they were Russian citizens in 2011, not sure whether they still hold the Russian passport or not), the exchange was originally based in Kiev (Ukraine). But now they are based in Sofia, Bulgaria. 

How do you know that the owners were Russian citizens in 2011?

And if the exchange had been first located in Kiev, how does it go with them being Russians? Their servers can be located anywhere in the world but it seems that "ethnicity" of an exchange is still defined by the nationality of their major owners. Apart from that, I've heard rumors that this exchange is in fact controlled by the Russian biggest bank, Sberbank through affiliated companies (or just dummy entities). If true, that would mean that BTC-e is in fact an exchange owned by the Russian government (read Putin himself)

btc-e.com trying to save LTC from panic sell

Panic sell? Litecoin right now seems to be slowly rising against Bitcoin again (to be honest, though, I wouldn't mind a small panic sell-off in Litecoin)
Merit: 1004
July 25, 2017, 12:42:16 PM
Nothing surprising btc - e scammed many people and people found them helpless , this can be a lie just to steal more coins from it's user, btc- e surely has the lowest btc price than overall market but that doesn't mean they are safe to use please avoid using btc- e they have scammed many in past and this hack is surely a cover up.
Jump to: