Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 2. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 103
November 09, 2017, 10:06:40 PM
So leave your BTCET on your account for a year or so and you'll get it bought out at 100% value, right now they are just buying up the cheap ones to save money.

Or have it all stolen by WEX and be told some BS about transactions.

Already being done by them. Guess the partial exit scam wasn't enough. I still think there will be large contracts on the admin's heads for what they did.

Any updates on this?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
November 09, 2017, 07:55:44 PM
So leave your BTCET on your account for a year or so and you'll get it bought out at 100% value, right now they are just buying up the cheap ones to save money.

Already being done by them. Guess the partial exit scam wasn't enough. I still think there will be large contracts on the admin's heads for what they did.
Activity: 65
Merit: 15
November 09, 2017, 04:14:54 PM

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
November 08, 2017, 10:12:24 AM
What about buybacks? Are they buying out at market rate of 0.4? This is not what they originally claimed.

People have put their BTCET up for sale at around 0.5 BTC, so naturally they start there when buying back. They buy whatever users have for sale first before buying anything at 1:1 ratio. So leave your BTCET on your account for a year or so and you'll get it bought out at 100% value, right now they are just buying up the cheap ones to save money.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
November 02, 2017, 12:33:00 PM
What about buybacks? Are they buying out at market rate of 0.4? This is not what they originally claimed.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
October 30, 2017, 05:17:13 PM
Like I said, at least one old deposit address is still valid and had like 50+BTC in there a week or two ago. I accidentally sent a bunch of mining earnings to it and as expected, their support is ignoring my emails regarding the transfer and has eaten my money. Oh well, didn't think there would be much to trust after their bullcrap partial exit scheme anyways.  Cheesy
Activity: 65
Merit: 15
October 26, 2017, 09:22:21 AM
But the main issue is that people who are verifying their accounts are reporting that some (or all) of their balances are being reduced to zero, and support is not responding. If you're wondering whether or not you should put money on there... maybe just to quickly swap one coin for another. I wouldn't keep funds there for any period of time. I prefer to use something like Shapeshift or Changelly for that anyway.

I haven't verified and my balance has been reduced to zero too.

This was their BS reply:
Hello!
We informed in the news that we don't possess historical data on transaction and orders of the old platform, that's why we cannot approve or deny your words about funds deposit. The funds were credited to the new platform WEX.nz in the amount shown in your profile. During the period after BTCE closing and before WEX opening, all transactions were fulfilled out of control of the old platform as well out of control of the new one.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
October 21, 2017, 08:20:26 PM
So how does everyone feel about the chances of getting your tokens bought out by wex? Still tempting to double your btc, but with the whole FBI deal, payment issues and so on, it sure is a gamble. Thoughts?

Well the market is answering that question, when the site relaunched tokens were worth around 60%, now they are down to 37% so users don't seem to believe, but you could almost triple your money if you have big balls. Cheesy

Seems like a big risk IMHO.

Not just triple. If you buy tokens with fiat you are essentially holding BTC so your ride the the BTC rise too.
legendary
Activity: 1098
October 16, 2017, 01:36:20 PM
So how does everyone feel about the chances of getting your tokens bought out by wex? Still tempting to double your btc, but with the whole FBI deal, payment issues and so on, it sure is a gamble. Thoughts?

Well the market is answering that question, when the site relaunched tokens were worth around 60%, now they are down to 37% so users don't seem to believe, but you could almost triple your money if you have big balls. Cheesy

Seems like a big risk IMHO.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 16, 2017, 03:37:49 AM

The exchange stated that they expect repayment in 1-2 years. Maybe if they are strategically buying the tokens at a discount and commissions are being generated as expected or better, we can expect repayment in a year. That should tell you all you need to know.

If you have money in crypto, with access to all these altcoin and ICO markets -- money printing machines -- do you really want to wait a year or more to double your money? You could double your money in literally one or two days in some of these altcoin markets. I prefer the risk of losses in altcoins to that of exchange risk at WEX.
Activity: 133
October 16, 2017, 02:54:06 AM

doubling your money without risk? no kidding.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
October 15, 2017, 11:52:10 PM
October 15, 2017, 04:56:59 PM
I also moved some money from advcash to wex today. worked flawlessly.
October 15, 2017, 04:55:14 PM
anyone got paid from Wex?
any success withdrawal ?

Well, I did put my monies there and didn't withdrawal yet but tried "right now" just for you. Withdrawal confirmed instantly and tx sent in a few seconds  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
October 15, 2017, 04:25:07 PM
any success withdrawal ?

There are reports of successful withdrawals. It seems that fiat payments from third party processors (Advcash, PerfectMoney) are arriving in 48 hours or less. Cryptocurrency withdrawals seem to be operating instantly, as expected. There are some occasional reports of missing ETH deposits (which I think are being successfully credited eventually).

But the main issue is that people who are verifying their accounts are reporting that some (or all) of their balances are being reduced to zero, and support is not responding. If you're wondering whether or not you should put money on there... maybe just to quickly swap one coin for another. I wouldn't keep funds there for any period of time. I prefer to use something like Shapeshift or Changelly for that anyway.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 14, 2017, 11:06:58 PM
any success withdrawal ?
legendary
Activity: 1414
October 14, 2017, 10:33:37 PM
I waited for Wex.nz launch and then another 3 weeks before bitcoin rate improved and I could convert at better rate since I was stuck in fiat. But, the wait was worth it.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
October 14, 2017, 01:32:16 PM
Looks like the old deposit addresses still work and are active.

I did not realize some of my miners are mining to an old address directly which was BTC-E and have since been paying to that address every week.

I just found out and when I checked that old BTC-E address is still active and being spent to other addresses. Needless to say the new site does not use the old deposit address so can't get it through that.

So someone is still playing with a bunch of BTC in that account.

Well you have lost that money most likely.
They were addresses in hot wallets FBI may have now if the got at the private keys.

Well, BTC-e should have the keys to those wallets. It's possible that the FBI could have them as well, although it's possible (rather, probable) that the keys were encrypted, and encrypted well. It could take months or years for them to crack the encryption under some circumstances.

I'm guessing that WEX/BTC-e is moving those coins, and I'll bet thedreamer isn't the only one still depositing into the old wallets. For their sake, I hope they are hiding their tracks before mixing any of those coins in with WEX's wallets.

Heh, I got rid of the account I had before Wex went on line, I did not trust it . My loss I guess but at the time it was worth the risk. I'm fine with it.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
October 14, 2017, 05:02:04 AM

I did not realize some of my miners are mining to an old address directly which was BTC-E and have since been paying to that address every week.

I just found out and when I checked that old BTC-E address is still active and being spent to other addresses. Needless to say the new site does not use the old deposit address so can't get it through that.

They were addresses in hot wallets FBI may have now if the got at the private keys.

Well, BTC-e should have the keys to those wallets. It's possible that the FBI could have them as well, although it's possible (rather, probable) that the keys were encrypted, and encrypted well. It could take months or years for them to crack the encryption under some circumstances.

I'm guessing that WEX/BTC-e is moving those coins, and I'll bet thedreamer isn't the only one still depositing into the old wallets. For their sake, I hope they are hiding their tracks before mixing any of those coins in with WEX's wallets.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
October 14, 2017, 02:20:27 AM

Pages:
Jump to: