Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 48. (Read 199718 times)

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
August 10, 2017, 03:35:26 PM
@A.Zimmerer
Don't do it = Don't get your coins

As far as i understood they require you to send your docs before you can withdraw. FIAT or coins doesn't matter

If you have only coins you can try sending a fake ID i guess, but how can you get a fake ID??

Nope, we should convince BTC-E to do the right thing.
Hand over our coins and token without verification!

Sending fakeID is no solution Lionel. So I will have to become criminal
to get my coins + tokens from criminal ? Nonsens...

If they know it's a fake ID, it means they already knew who you are.
Verification would not make sense then.

If you give a fake ID there is no way they can tell it's fake.

The problem is:  how can we get a fakeID ??
Generally how this work is you don't get fake id, but stolen ID, or fake id based on real, but stolen info, and you can get that on the darkweb. However there are several issues to consider here:
1. It's illegal, purchasing and using stolen ID makes you a criminal.
2. If the vendor has sold same info/id to others, that may become an issue if both use it in the same place
3. The id you get is just invalid
4. Poor job resulting in detection
5. You make someone else (the victim of identity fraud) a bigger victim by using their info

If I may, I suggest to add watermarks on your docs. This way, if the entity you submit the ID to is dishonest and will resell it etc the document will contain your watermark. That makes it less useful or useless as they would need to photoshop it out before use (they could still use your info of course and fill out a template, but you may be able to blank out the sensitive parts as well). If you have done a good job that may not be possible or too hard to be worth the effort. E.g if you submit ID to btc-e then add BTC-E in text with for example 0.3 opacity and same color as the document.

Morally, I think it could be argued that there is nothing wrong with identity fraud, as it is becoming a necessity to preserve anonymity or fighting the state. However the practical limitations should be considered. You put your funds at risk by using a fake ID, therefore I only really think it's worth it if you are a criminal or doing something very shady and can not under any circumstances be identified.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
August 10, 2017, 03:26:33 PM
Surely, they have been effectively stopped doing business with them as the domain name and servers of BTC-E were taken away.

However if BTC-E was supposedly involved in some heavy money laundering, I don't see how YandexMoney or QIWI were not, as they provided this crypto exchange with the main fiat gateway.  $QIWI and $YNDX have an institutional base of US investors, so that FINCEN decided not to mention them at all...

Therefore the allegation against BTC-E is total bs. The US agency caught a guy with some questionable past and try to paint the whole international customer base of this exchange (crypto traders) as criminals. It is just a "hit piece" as they call it, or a disgusting political propaganda, nothing more.

The issue of bias does not matter here in that when government wants to go after an individual they wont care whether they are allowing another criminal run and wont even care the people that would be hurt in the process as in the case of BTC-e and even the excuse of verification is a bogus one because the funds kept there is under adequate records and asking for records means something fishy in which I see as another quest to get some more people especially those with large funds on the exchange by the time they come out and disclose their identity. The fact still remains that even all the popular exchange sites, the best is not to at any point in time keep too much funds there.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
August 10, 2017, 03:02:11 PM
As far as I read, the verification takes only place with the investor company covering the btce tokens. If the investor company does not show up, there will be not verification and just the 55% withdraw option.

Believe me, the "investor company" will show up 100% and there will be tokens. Again, which legal "investor company" following KYC/AML laws would do business with wanted criminals? (that's a contradiction in itself). Right, none.  BTC-E owners will create a new company with new branding. Funds will come from them! Everything will stay in the big BTC-E family. Lot's of quick money they can make here ;-)

So, here is how things will turn out (most likely) The pyramid scheme will be like this:

Since everybody has to verify (long proccess). Nobody will be able to dump tokens at start. So BTC-E will have time to dump their own BTE assets first. Token soon will be worth a fraction of 1$. Soon many verified user will dump their tokens to get at least some btc back. Since BTC-E dumped first they can rebuy coins later at a fraction of 1$ and give them to the new verified users way cheaper  Wink ...at one point when most of the users dumped their tokens btc-e can rebuy all coins cheap and pump it back to 1$.

Business as usual until G.I. Joe shows up and busts them again. This time with all the accounts linked to your personal or "faked" docs whatever...

The whole thing looks fishy.

Activity: 56
August 10, 2017, 01:59:07 PM
As far as I read, the verification takes only place with the investor company covering the btce tokens. If the investor company does not show up, there will be not verification and just the 55% withdraw option.
Activity: 51
August 10, 2017, 01:02:54 PM
Surely, these companies have been effectively stopped doing business with BTC-E as soon as  the servers were taken away by the FBI, but it was not at their own discretion as you seem to imply.

Moreover, if BTC-E were involved in some money laundering, It is hard to see how YandexMoney or QIWI were not, as they provided this crypto exchange with the main fiat gateway. However $QIWI and $YNDX have an institutional base of US investors, so that FINCEN decided that it would be over the top to mention these companies in the press release.

Therefore the allegation brought against BTC-E is total bs. The US agency caught a guy with some questionable past and tried to paint the whole international customer base of this exchange as criminals. It is just a "hit piece" as they call it, or a disgusting political propaganda and nothing more.
August 10, 2017, 12:45:53 PM

They clearly stated "ALL users need to verify" and @illinest is right.
There is no fiat processing involved.
You will get coins + token and you don't need to verify
for them in other exchanges who are following AML laws
like Kraken, Bittrex, GDAX, etc. There is no reason at this
point to send over high resolution scans of my personal documents
to criminals. This is a big security risk for all customers.

So to speak, the child has already fallen down the well.
At this point KYC/AML laws are BTC-E's and all it's
employees smallest problem. They are tainted as money
launders and now will be hunted and prosecuted.

The US law is very clear about this matter, especially if
it comes to business partners, and customers:

Participation in any capacity such as an accomplice, assistant
or instigator in an offence established in accordance with
this Convention.

All participating in the infringement or attempted infringement,
should be declared responsible, according to the particular
country's internal law, as accomplices or instigators.

Meaning if you are doing business with BTC-E or what ever they
call themselves now will be liable to prosecution.
That applies particularly to the new "investor company".
If they strictly follow KYC/AML laws and do business with
BTC-E they break the law and would be a criminal offence.

Conclusion: The whole thing looks fishy.
Bees that have honey in their mouths have stings in their tails.

Don't do it. You have been warned!

So my guess is YandexMoney (NASDAQ stock symbol YNDX),  QIWI,  Cloudflare and many other well known companies who worked with BTC-E are also "accomplices" and their respective CEOs will be hunted down and detained by the US government.

Cool story, bro.

Nope, because all these company's immediately halted their business with btc-e, handed over ALL evidence and froze btc-e fiat accounts after FBI busted them.
By the way that's a good example how company's make DEALS with US government to get immunity from prosecution! btc-e should do the same  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 10, 2017, 12:44:47 PM
They need your ID card's scan for keeping money laundering under another Brand.

Otherwise i definitely will pay Mafia for cutting their throat.

If they end up running with the funds, this will be a reality to them by a LOT of donators who got burned with $$$$$$+ losses.
August 10, 2017, 12:21:20 PM
So my guess is that YandexMoney (NASDAQ stock symbol $YNDX),  $QIWI,  Cloudflare and many other well known companies who worked with BTC-E are also "accomplices" and their respective CEOs will be hunted down and detained by the US government.

Cool story, bro.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
August 10, 2017, 12:20:07 PM
They need your ID card's scan for keeping money laundering under another Brand.
Don't trust this shit.
Fuck BTC-e off.

I wish FBI will find them and giving them to victims.
We exactly know how to revive our money.
Otherwise i definitely will pay Mafia for cutting their throat.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
August 10, 2017, 11:56:30 AM

BTC-e is considered a money laundering company. only those who have clue about laws, can think that BTC-e will come back.

Is considered by whom exactly?  By some organisation that intends to take other people's money?

by those you closed them and this is all it matters. Smiley

I understand your point but we live in a society where BTC-e actions are considered as money laundering and operating without a financial license. those who are trading must do their due diligence before using an exchanger.  the first thing they have to check is if that company is regulated.

I recommend you to do the same with Kraken, Poloniex, Bitfinex and others...
August 10, 2017, 11:47:05 AM

BTC-e is considered a money laundering company. only those who have clue about laws, can think that BTC-e will come back.

Is considered by whom exactly?  By some organisation that intends to take other people's money?
legendary
August 10, 2017, 11:35:25 AM
IF there is a partial refund, (which I doubt now) it should require verification in the way of account, password, API key, secret, or whitelisted IP address.

Anything extra is utter sheyt and BS. IF they open up for trading, they COULD ask for it, but just to refund people a fracking 55% or less? It sounds fishy to me either way.

there will NO refund. What licensed company will risk to take over a shit exchanger like BTC-e?

That company will have to report the transaction to the financial authority where they are registered and this one will never allow a such thing. Even, BTC-e will create a such company, it takes many months (at least 7-8) to get a license in any country.

It's a non-sense Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 10, 2017, 11:27:16 AM
IF there is a partial refund, (which I doubt now) it should require verification in the way of account, password, API key, secret, or whitelisted IP address.

Anything extra is utter sheyt and BS. IF they open up for trading, they COULD ask for it, but just to refund people a fracking 55% or less? It sounds fishy to me either way.

Activity: 613
Merit: 305
August 10, 2017, 11:22:42 AM
@A.Zimmerer

As far as i understood they require you to send your docs before you can withdraw. FIAT or coins doesn't matter

If you have only coins you can try sending a fake ID i guess, but how can you get a fake ID??

If they know it's a fake ID, it means they already knew who you are.
Verification would not make sense then.

If you give a fake ID there is no way they can tell it's fake.

The problem is:  how can we get a fakeID ??
legendary
August 10, 2017, 11:03:38 AM
there will be NO refund. there are only empty words (a bone to dog from time to time).  get used with that.

Activity: 35
August 10, 2017, 10:40:37 AM
So they cant use xbtce for verification of US users.   I guess there will be a new verification method?   Any chance their "verification" is just simply to validate active accounts?  If the account doesnt get verified after a period of time, they re-claim/re-distribute any funds to cover losses?
August 10, 2017, 10:38:33 AM

My advice to

BTC-E and their employees.

Give your customers coins + token now.
Then call FBI and US Attorney General.
Turn yourself in and make deal!

THEN if everything is fine again follow
KYC/AML laws and request high resolution
scan from your customers.

Everything else is are big security risk for your customers!
Don't force them to send fakeID and become criminals themselves.

August 10, 2017, 10:32:51 AM
Will all the users that were already verified via xbtce have to re-verify?  If they have the database, they should know who was verified already?  Seems like xbtce has started the purge, I got email today to provide NON-US residency proof or provide details to remove funds.  When I logged in to check, i am no longer verified.

Yes, you will have to re-verify! 100% sure
August 10, 2017, 10:32:01 AM
@A.Zimmerer

Activity: 35
August 10, 2017, 10:30:58 AM
Will all the users that were already verified via xbtce have to re-verify?  If they have the database, they should know who was verified already?  Seems like xbtce has started the purge, I got email today to provide NON-US residency proof or provide details to remove funds.  When I logged in to check, i am no longer verified.
Pages:
Jump to: