Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 50. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
August 10, 2017, 02:31:47 AM
And what if the situation had been different.What if the fiat was available and the crrypto has been taken?
Would you still have your opinion?
I was 100% in populat crypto(no matter which one) but I dont share your opinion.
The loss should be consolidated in such a manner so that everyone get proportionally shares
in relation to the loss thay have undergone.
It would be selfish to claim that one made a bad choice for keeping FIAT bcs you kept crypto!
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
August 10, 2017, 12:49:12 AM
"From the BTC-e team we officially inform that all the funds that were in the reserve fund (including all our income) were transferred to pay off the debts."

what is this reserve fund, and who are they paying debts to, do they mean to us the users...?

I think those who sleep in fiat, should bare the loss of having their funds frozen, those who had coins that should have been or were on encrypted storage should not have to bear fiat holders choices
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
August 10, 2017, 12:43:15 AM
What investment company will want to associate their name to BTC-E right now? There is no investor! The new company will be registered on some homeless guy name and total assets will be 100$.

If they are innocent and they will fight in court of law for justice why do they drop BTC-E brand for another one?

They need us to wash their dirty money and we will not only help them wash their money but we will also pay 45% of our money for this.

Anonymous fugitive owners, accused of money laundering and identity theft asking for people personal documents seems legit.
Activity: 22
August 09, 2017, 09:34:10 PM
Please guys, do not forget that 14.5% of all balances are not mentioned in the last update.
This means that BTCe will hold for itself 14.5% of all the coins and fiat funds.
That's no small fee.

This all seems very shady.
Obviously something is better than nothing... but I have the feeling that BTCe owners will earn a LOT from this situation.
Keeping 14.5% of all the money, making the BTE conversion at the most profitable (for them) rates... selling coins in this times of high prices...
And finally, keeping the unclaimed assets that illicit users will not recover due to the verification processes.

Don't forget that that includes BTCe assetts as well. So that 14.5% might be 25% of what they had before. Or also to use for lawyers to take on the US DoJ to retrieve the rest of their assetts
Activity: 55
August 09, 2017, 09:29:14 PM
Please guys, do not forget that 14.5% of all balances are not mentioned in the last update.
This means that BTCe will hold for itself 14.5% of all the coins and fiat funds.
That's no small fee.

This all seems very shady.
Obviously something is better than nothing... but I have the feeling that BTCe owners will earn a LOT from this situation.
Keeping 14.5% of all the money, making the BTE conversion at the most profitable (for them) rates... selling coins in this times of high prices...
And finally, keeping the unclaimed assets that illicit users will not recover due to the verification processes.

Activity: 267
Merit: 255
August 09, 2017, 08:43:33 PM

This was confirmed directly by OKPAY / Mayzus: https://www.okpay.com/hu/company/news/mayzus-official-statement-in-connection-with-btc-e-closure/

So this is proof that btc-e is speaking the truth. However OKPAY did not mention if funds seized was delivered to USA or even if seized by their request, that reminds to be seen.
Good point, there are probably legal hurdles to go jump in order for the FBI/DOJ to get hold of the blocked funds in the UK.

The UK is very friendly with the US and will do the bidding of the feds. There is more to this story. At the very least, the FBI could have made sure that Mayzus' accounts were frozen. Instead, Mayzus "voluntarily" froze BTC-E's accounts.

Something is very fishy about that. If they wanted to net the maximum funds possible, they wouldn't give Mayzus such freedom. It doesn't make sense.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 09, 2017, 08:38:45 PM

This was confirmed directly by OKPAY / Mayzus: https://www.okpay.com/hu/company/news/mayzus-official-statement-in-connection-with-btc-e-closure/

So this is proof that btc-e is speaking the truth. However OKPAY did not mention if funds seized was delivered to USA or even if seized by their request, that reminds to be seen.
Good point, there are probably legal hurdles to go jump in order for the FBI/DOJ to get hold of the blocked funds in the UK.

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
August 09, 2017, 08:17:10 PM

+1 The cash in and run types got pretty rekt on Bitfinex. If the BTC-E backer companies can get a handle on the legal side of things and sue the shit out of the US gov then there is a decent chance of holders getting full refund. Hellabetter than a 55% payoff

From the sound off it, the FBI have stolen a large sum of money from the citizens of the world that used the BTC-e crypto exchange.
That is a serious issue, with no clear avenue of response for the exchange customers.

There needs to be an organized international class action against the FBI to recover the customer funds and other losses incurred.

Do you have definite proof the FBI  actually took the money?
Do you have definite proof they didn't?

Aug 3rd. BTC-e said their fiat was via "Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment they are arrested".

They also said most of their losses were fiat.

NOTE.. They 'Said' .. No proof. Usually if the US DOJ/FBI seize anything, it's is with big fanfare showing off. There is none of this going on.

Activity: 241
Merit: 100
August 09, 2017, 07:36:51 PM
I want nothing except those %55.
Why they don't open their site for withdrawal those %55 of coins?
Open your site and give me my coins.
We don't need investment groups for doing this unless you want to scam us.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 09, 2017, 07:08:58 PM
NOTE.. They 'Said' .. No proof. Usually if the US DOJ/FBI seize anything, it's is with big fanfare showing off. There is none of this going on.

That's one of the strangest things about this. But the authorities did seize the website. We know this because the DNS was pointed at Shadowserver (proxy for law enforcement). And they did unseal an indictment against the exchange. So, I figured the lack of announcement about seized funds meant one of three things:

1) Something went wrong and they didn't seize much (and/or Mayzus didn't have access to much). This means that the exchange is giving users back less than what was lost. This may be reasonable if it means securing the capital required to relaunch from investors.

2) They are trying to trick the BTC-e owners into exposing themselves and/or put themselves in a position to be arrested.

3) Vinnik really was an owner, had access to private keys for much of the funds, and the "new site" will be a honeypot, run by a US federal agency...

Well, put. We'll see what will happen, but be cautious when the faucet opens....
Merit: 508
August 09, 2017, 07:06:23 PM

That's one of the strangest things about this. But the authorities did seize the website. We know this because the DNS was pointed at Shadowserver (proxy for law enforcement). And they did unseal an indictment against the exchange. So, I figured the lack of announcement about seized funds meant one of three things:

1) Something went wrong and they didn't seize much (and/or Mayzus didn't have access to much). This means that the exchange is giving users back less than what was lost. This may be reasonable if it means securing the capital from investors that is required to relaunch.

2) They are trying to trick the BTC-e owners into exposing themselves, or putting themselves in a position to be arrested.

3) Alexander Vinnik really was an owner, had access to private keys for much of the funds, and the "new site" will be a honeypot, run by a US federal agency...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
August 09, 2017, 06:46:13 PM
I don't want %45. Just give me my %55 coins and i run away and will never back to BTC-e scammer.
At the end of the day, getting something back is always better than completely kissing your funds goodbye.

I personally find it an adequate enough last resort solution, but there is simply no way to tell whether this is just a lame attempt to buy time and to run at a later point, or they genuinely try to pay their users back.

I think both scenarios are very much possible, and thus we shouldn't start getting excited while haven't seen anything yet. I can't believe anyone will ever use that exchange again ~ it just doesn't feel right.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 09, 2017, 06:45:49 PM

+1 The cash in and run types got pretty rekt on Bitfinex. If the BTC-E backer companies can get a handle on the legal side of things and sue the shit out of the US gov then there is a decent chance of holders getting full refund. Hellabetter than a 55% payoff

From the sound off it, the FBI have stolen a large sum of money from the citizens of the world that used the BTC-e crypto exchange.
That is a serious issue, with no clear avenue of response for the exchange customers.

There needs to be an organized international class action against the FBI to recover the customer funds and other losses incurred.

Do you have definite proof the FBI  actually took the money?

Aug 3rd. BTC-e said their fiat was via "Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment they are arrested".

I certainly hope we get back all we lost (some of us more than 6digits and up), but I still don't believe the whole story here.
Also it is an obvious 'shut-up and be happy' offer to get 45% back to the account owners. Which is strongly doubt will be a reality either way to most if any owners.

All we have to rely on is some russian tweets that frankly, don't mean sheyt. Also, has anyone thought about how the verification will or could be even handled to prove who the account holder is/was and how much they had in there?

Until there is a large number of my BTC / ETH and LTC's headed to my wallets, I am not trusting any of these claims a bit.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
August 09, 2017, 06:20:30 PM
This is the gamble i suppose, reading up on BFX tokens they came through and all users were refunded whole.

To start with as you said many users cashed in tokens to "escape" with something rather than nothing, but by the end they the ones who held out got more value for money as they exchange brought them back with profits.

This is much more encouraging that they are attempting to refund users back to 100% on a system which has worked in the the past, rather than "here is 45% of you funds - the end"

Yeah, this sounds great in theory. Here's the problem: How do they "get a handle on the legal side of things and sue the shit out of the US government?" There's nothing I'd like to see more than BTC-E sticking it to the Man here and playing the hero, but they're still facing federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison......
erk
Merit: 500
August 09, 2017, 06:13:40 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 09, 2017, 06:12:28 PM
They should not give any refund to USA members. Just ban the Muricans and tell them to ask their own democratically elected fucking government for their money.

Stolen coins and Fiats by FBI is a fake story.
I think they scam us and for showing their face reliable they created this Fake story.

Given that the US Department of Justice indicted BTC-e, and all the federal agencies issued press releases about "taking down" the exchange, it seems unlikely to be a "fake story." You can see that their domain is seized. Whenever the US government does this, they seize money as well (anything they can get their hands on).

Does this mean that BTC-e lost as much as they say? No. We have no idea of their finances or outstanding liabilities. They may be pocketing a considerable amount of money in this "recovery" but who could know the difference? The website and servers were seized and Mayzus (who processes all of their fiat) said they froze their bank accounts. This all seems plausible to me.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
August 09, 2017, 06:05:16 PM
They should not give any refund to USA members. Just ban the Muricans and tell them to ask their own democratically elected fucking government for their money.

Stolen coins and Fiats by FBI is a fake story.
I think they scam us and for showing their face reliable they created this Fake story.
Activity: 116
Merit: 7
August 09, 2017, 05:56:49 PM
Where I can unload all the shitcoins they will give me for my 55% fiat?

I mean nvc, nmc, ppc.

Any good exchanges?
I dunno if namecoin and Peercoin are shit, but novacoin is for sure. Bleh I remember that POS from 2012-13.
Activity: 1
August 09, 2017, 05:49:31 PM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
August 09, 2017, 05:31:04 PM

No. Mayzus Financial and Okpay made an announcement that they voluntarily froze funds with ties to BTC-e. The exchange confirmed this statement.

While it's clear that law enforcement seized the domain and servers including purses, and (based on historical seizures) attempted to seize fiat money, they oddly did not announce a concrete amount of funds seized. So, users are in the dark from all angles, and all we have to go on is what BTC-e tells us.
Pages:
Jump to: