Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 54. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
August 09, 2017, 09:01:12 AM
Re-Reading mite be 55% given back to users and 45% is tokens?
Activity: 55
August 09, 2017, 08:56:03 AM
And the latest update via twitter ...

Update5! Important! 08/09/2017

exactly as predicted Smiley
they are socializing losses, using coin balances from other users to compensate FIAT losses.
plus registration under a different company.
There are a couple of things that I do not understand:

2.4.2. If you have on the balance the amount in koin, then you will be written off 45% of the balance of coins and credited with 45% of BTE (1 BTE is 1 USD). At the exchange rate on the day of conversion.
2.4.3. If you have a balance in BTE, then you will be credited with 45% in coins (the sum will be divided into 7 different coins equally BTC, LTC, NMC, NVC, PPC, ETH, DSH) and write off the amount of 45% in BTE.
2.4.4. Upon all recalculations, all users will have the opportunity to withdraw 55% of their funds from the system.

So, if I have 100 coins.
I receive 45 coins, right away.
Then, they convert other 45 coins in USD and USD in BTE... at the day of conversion?
At the end of august? at the moment of the takedown? considering market oscillations... it can really make the difference.
Also. 45+45... 10 coins are missing? O_o

FIAT directly into BTE.

Now, with all these BTE... 45% will be in coins /spread among different types/
and 45% still BTE.
Again... 10% (upon previously 45%) missing.
Finally, of this total mess, I will be able to withdraw 55% right away.

And in this whole percentage mess... Total loss: 14,5% of the original balance.

Am I missing something?

(obviously, better than nothing... but it not clear to me the 14,5% loss... they could also refund that in BTE)

Activity: 53
August 09, 2017, 08:39:53 AM
Yea, many have crazy fees or just dont service the UK market.

My first though was Gdax as they have some real good price swings, but learned they do not offer none US ability to trade USD pairs.

Yes mate I know
Had a Coinbase account for a while and noticed the same!
GDAX was my first thought but really I hate coinbase! They seem to always delay transactions at super convenient (for them) times.

I was thinking of looking at CFD trading because of the tax benefits.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
August 09, 2017, 08:37:06 AM
Such crap.
So if you had a balance of crypto on btc-e before, you get 55% of it in a BS btce token which will only be available on their system. Then can convert it to the base coins they have on hand at their price (currently all high) and can only withdraw 55% after. Also the btce token will crash hard and fast as people will start to get their funds out.

Sounds like utter sheyt to me.

Wow, you are so full of shit. BTC-E is showing exemplary behavior. Not only are they on the run from FBI, risking 55 years in jail and had half their funds seized. They have a $100m fine sent their way and they are STILL working their ass off to pay us back what they have left after the thieves in USSA came and robbed them, and not just that, they even have a plan to recover more, including plans to fight back through legal means. BTC-E are being fucking gods and you whine like a little bitch. There is nothing they could have done to improve this situation further. They've done everything in their power. So shut the fuck up man. I bet if you were in their situation you would have stolen all the funds and curled up in a corner somewhere, you ungrateful bitch.

If they held the crypto balances safely, they are up over 40% since the 25th. So not only are they up in profits, they are only refunding 55% of your initial value, which means they keep like 65% of the value per today's prices AND limit your withdrawals.

F'ing bullsht.
That's not what they said. Don't spread false information.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
August 09, 2017, 08:35:52 AM
Yeah I am pretty thrilled with their response.

Amazing ethics from the folks at btc-e.

Put the filthy criminal USA to shame.  We can see who are the good guys and who are the bad guys here  Wink
August 09, 2017, 08:33:09 AM
Yea, many have crazy fees or just dont service the UK market.

My first though was Gdax as they have some real good price swings, but learned they do not offer none US ability to trade USD pairs.
August 09, 2017, 08:30:22 AM
Also waiting to get back on the trading mission, seems UK have very limited options in this regard...

UK too huh!
How do you mean limited options?

Ignore last message - I understand now...
August 09, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
Also waiting to get back on the trading mission, seems UK have very limited options in this regard...

UK too huh!
How do you mean limited options?
Activity: 8
August 09, 2017, 08:27:02 AM
Hey, this is much better than I ever tought it  would be, and this is epic. It is just 1 -shady- company against the FBI!
August 09, 2017, 08:25:49 AM
FFS I cant beleive some of the ungrateful BS some of you come up with.
And all the scepticism about buying time - why the fuck do you think they even bother to talk to us if their intentions are to rip us off!
I really do beleive that these guys are sincerely and honourably trying to make a bad situation as good as possible.
I wasnt expecting to get a penny back - for me, anything is a bonus.
Cut these guys a break - they are doing their best!
August 09, 2017, 08:24:48 AM
Activity: 56
August 09, 2017, 08:21:24 AM
I am waiting for the motherfuckers to talk this down. Come on, I am at you already.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
August 09, 2017, 08:08:35 AM
I am expecting that total rundown on BTE token value cuz of the major panic thats gonna hit. I will be scooping them up and make tons of profit. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
August 09, 2017, 08:08:18 AM
You guys are ridiculous. These guys were hammered by the FBI. They didn't just come to us and told us that bitcoin disappeared from their wallets like Bitfinex did.

Anything they do means effort from their side. They are fighting the whole system to keep trading going on and to give you your money back. So stop complaining. I'm saying this as someone who had 4 figures USD in btc-e.

And guess what: If they are back, I'll be buying the BTE tokens with the balance I have, and I'll wait until full redemption of the tokens.

Have a nice day folks.

I don't see any way this is not just a 'shut up and take it, while we rip you an ahole and keep your money' deal.

Ps. Your 4digit loss is chump change to some other people on here.  Sad
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 09, 2017, 08:06:27 AM
Way i read it is:

Fiat users will get half BTE tokens and half coins
Coin users will get half coins and half BTE tokens

So both sides is fair

Sounds like they are short of funds mainly because of the seized fiat, though the did suggest that they don't have all their crypto either, so they are looking at a revenue raising scheme.

It would piss me off if the FBI seized more than the DOJ $110m fine value, even the $110m was outrageous and should be contested.

I didn't see the FBI seizing the $14bn fine the US imposed on Deutsche Bank and redirecting their domain last year, seems to be double standards.

Activity: 784
Merit: 502
August 09, 2017, 08:06:07 AM
This is the gamble i suppose, reading up on BFX tokens they came through and all users were refunded whole.

To start with as you said many users cashed in tokens to "escape" with something rather than nothing, but by the end they the ones who held out got more value for money as they exchange brought them back with profits.

This is much more encouraging that they are attempting to refund users back to 100% on a system which has worked in the the past, rather than "here is 45% of you funds - the end"

+1 The cash in and run types got pretty rekt on Bitfinex. If the BTC-E backer companies can get a handle on the legal side of things and sue the shit out of the US gov then there is a decent chance of holders getting full refund. Hellabetter than a 55% payoff
August 09, 2017, 08:05:24 AM
Looks that way, users with a full FIAT value seem to be getting a split of all coins on the exchange along with tokens.
Activity: 133
August 09, 2017, 08:04:23 AM
So does this mean:

55 percent of the exact crypto I already held +
45 percent equivalent in btc-e token?

Yes, and if you had bitcoin you'll have a nice appreciation of USD.
Activity: 216
August 09, 2017, 08:02:31 AM
So does this mean:

55 percent of the exact crypto I already held +
45 percent equivalent in btc-e token?

Activity: 133
August 09, 2017, 08:01:21 AM
You guys are ridiculous. These guys were hammered by the FBI. They didn't just come to us and told us that bitcoin disappeared from their wallets like Bitfinex did.

Anything they do means effort from their side. They are fighting the whole system to keep trading going on and to give you your money back. So stop complaining. I'm saying this as someone who had 4 figures USD in btc-e.

And guess what: If they are back, I'll be buying the BTE tokens with the balance I have, and I'll wait until full redemption of the tokens.

Have a nice day folks.
Pages:
Jump to: