Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 57. (Read 199718 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
August 08, 2017, 01:45:23 AM

Why hasn't this dude been kicked out of here yet?

He continues to talk about (using) regulated exchanges but he still stays here and enjoys the freedom of posting at what could be (loosely) considered as the "hornet nest" of non-regulation. In some other "regulated" place he would be quickly banned and kicked out if he kept on saying something as defiant to the local policy or "ideology". Regarding regulators closing down unregulated exchanges, if the regulators do toward others whatever they might think appropriate, they should fully expect the same policy of lawlessness being used against them eventually. In practice, that would most certainly mean the emergence of solutions (like decentralized exchanges) against which their tactics would be utterly useless and futile
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
August 07, 2017, 09:44:39 PM
just ignore the statist fuck and move on

you are just a childish libertarian...and nothing more. what can I say? stop drinking too much , stop smoking weed daily and stop making 69 with your boyfriend(at least a while). your brain is affected Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 4398
diamond-handed zealot
August 07, 2017, 09:33:31 PM
just ignore the statist fuck and move on
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
August 07, 2017, 09:24:35 PM
blah blah blah blah regulation is good for you!!!
You still haven't acknowledged what happened with BTC-e was NOT an unregulated exchange scamming it's users, yet you're trying to make it seem that way to push your "all exchanges should be regulated" propaganda. Comes off incredibly insincere. But it's obvious you have an agenda and will do anything to draw attention away from the fact the only one doing any stealing are self-declared "regulators" who are nothing but a mafia wanting a cut. And you support this!

Not expecting an honest response here but I gotta call it like it is.
legendary
August 07, 2017, 09:12:19 PM
yes, keep using shit(unregulated) exchangers and the history will repeat. you will lose the funds.  Wink
Your logic is terrible and should probably just leave. Funds were not lost due to "unregulated" BTC-e, they were lost BECAUSE of regulators.

Seems like a chicken-and-egg problem. The US government creates the law and is largely free to enforce it as they please across the world. So in that sense, yes: any exchange that serves US customers without holding MSB licenses and complying with AML law can cause customer funds to be lost. The morality of this is a whole different issue.

In no way is what happened to BTC-e an argument FOR regulation and anyone with a genuine opinion (not agenda-driven fud) knows that.

There are two opposing camps that are diverging further and further apart. The cypherpunks who want to create a decentralized world have no interest in complying with government thugs. Others, like our friend above, are bootlickers, and enjoy seeing law enforcement rob people of their hard-earned money.

I guess, you are a cypherpunk, right? I respect your choice.  

IMO, a person who have hard-earned money, won't play it with an anonymous exchanger just because their API is better than a regulated one. Smiley

Also, a person who have "hard-earned money", won't trade at all.  Yes, there are naive(sheep) people who used BTC-e but they have no excuse if they lost big amounts. It's simple to make a due diligence these days. If you are ignorant, you pay. It's plain simple Smiley

You don't have to be a "bootlicker" to see straight(the things as they are). We live in a world where there are rules, laws, etc. You have the freedom to chose if you want to live in this society or to retreat in the forest, living like a saint Smiley  It's a choice.

If you choose you to be a financial "trader", then you have to comply with the society laws(financial laws in this case).  Yes, the laws are far to be perfect but they protect you from time to time. The future belongs to the regulated exchanger. you like it or not, that's it.  

Don't forget that few exchangers invested a lot of time and money(see Bitstamp and Coinbase) to in good standing. are they stupid? NO !  they started like BTC-e, without any license, etc  but they realized that they won't have any future without this financial license.

it's obvious that you know almost nothing about finance, laws and that's why I will stop here, cypherpunk. Smiley
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 07, 2017, 08:50:06 PM
In the Star Wars analogy, I agree. If only it were so simple! The fact of the matter is, by targeting the owners with criminal charges, the US authorities have made it much more likely that the owners will disappear with no attempt at relaunching or refunding customers. Any effort they make to repay customers puts them at greater risk. That makes our odds pretty bad. Undecided
Perhaps the US intention is to frighten people away from using crypto.
Of course it could be just corruption. eg. when the two DEA agents stole coins from the Silk Road seizure.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/08/stealing-bitcoins-with-badges-how-silk-roads-dirty-cops-got-caught/

Maybe some other US agents are looking to try the same caper.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
August 07, 2017, 08:34:29 PM
yes, keep using shit(unregulated) exchangers and the history will repeat. you will lose the funds.  Wink
Your logic is terrible and should probably just leave. Funds were not lost due to "unregulated" BTC-e, they were lost BECAUSE of regulators.

Seems like a chicken-and-egg problem. The US government creates the law and is largely free to enforce it as they please across the world. So in that sense, yes: any exchange that serves US customers without holding MSB licenses and complying with AML law can cause customer funds to be lost. The morality of this is a whole different issue.

In no way is what happened to BTC-e an argument FOR regulation and anyone with a genuine opinion (not agenda-driven fud) knows that.

There are two opposing camps that are diverging further and further apart. The cypherpunks who want to create a decentralized world have no interest in complying with government thugs. Others, like our friend above, are bootlickers, and enjoy seeing law enforcement rob people of their hard-earned money.

It's not unlike the Imperial Storm Troopers in Star Wars inflicting their tyranny on others.
The Cyberpunks are the Rebels.
BTC-e is a Rebel base.

In the Star Wars analogy, I agree. If only it were so simple! The fact of the matter is, by targeting the owners with criminal charges, the US authorities have made it much more likely that the owners will disappear with no attempt at relaunching or refunding customers. Any effort they make to repay customers puts them at greater risk. That makes our odds pretty bad. Undecided
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
August 07, 2017, 07:47:19 PM

....On a serious note, we have 3 options,

-they will just go silent and everything is lost
-refund or partial refund
-resuming of btc-e life, somehow

So it's a 66% chance  Cool

I think your analysis is logical  Smiley
erk
August 07, 2017, 07:45:15 PM

It's not unlike the Imperial Storm Troopers in Star Wars inflicting their tyranny on others.
The Cyberpunks are the Rebels.
BTC-e is a Rebel base.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
August 07, 2017, 06:25:15 PM

Activity: 196
Merit: 104
August 07, 2017, 06:14:36 PM
yes, keep using shit(unregulated) exchangers and the history will repeat. you will lose the funds.  Wink

legendary
August 07, 2017, 05:25:59 PM
If we are to remain honest, we should accept the fact that the US is effectively controlling the monetary and, more broadly, financial flows around the world (at least, the better part of them). At a time, the train of events got close to cutting Russia itself from the SWIFT international payment system. Right now Russia tries to get itself out of these ties and break away with the payment systems controlled by Uncle Sam. In fact, it is not about using Btc-e again if (when) it restarts (most people will be happy to use it again anyway) but rather how useful it will ever be. As I see it, they could only restart (in any meaningful way) as a cryptocurrency only exchange with no fiat deposits and withdrawals (like Bitfinex had been cut off of the fiat transfer channels in April)

What you are describing is the US sliding into Tyranny, look at the Stasi style law enforcement ignoring international boundaries, and you can see the 1930's all over again. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

yes, keep using shit(unregulated) exchangers and the history will repeat. you will lose the funds.  Wink
erk
August 07, 2017, 05:20:31 PM
If we are to remain honest, we should accept the fact that the US is effectively controlling the monetary and, more broadly, financial flows around the world (at least, the better part of them). At a time, the train of events got close to cutting Russia itself from the SWIFT international payment system. Right now Russia tries to get itself out of these ties and break away with the payment systems controlled by Uncle Sam. In fact, it is not about using Btc-e again if (when) it restarts (most people will be happy to use it again anyway) but rather how useful it will ever be. As I see it, they could only restart (in any meaningful way) as a cryptocurrency only exchange with no fiat deposits and withdrawals (like Bitfinex had been cut off of the fiat transfer channels in April)

What you are describing is the US sliding into Tyranny, look at the Stasi style law enforcement ignoring international boundaries, and you can see the 1930's all over again. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
August 07, 2017, 04:42:07 PM
How pathetic life you must have to find joy in someone's loss, no matter what kind of exchange it was.

Go outside of you mom's basement, enjoy life, it's very short  Smiley

little sheep, I don't find joy, I only smile. It's just a choice.

you choose to be stupid, I choose to smile. Smiley

this is exactly what the poster above meant by "schadenfreude." you spend your time and energy repeating ad nauseam that everyone here is stupid and deserving of their misfortunes. and you admit that this brings a smile to your face.

maybe those who lose money to exchange takedowns and exit scams do deserve their misfortunes. but what good does it bring you---or anyone else---to waste away your life taking pleasure from this? why not go do something productive with your life? that's what traders on btc-e were doing, and now these traders need to rebuild. can't you find something better to do?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 07, 2017, 03:23:00 PM
Official statement? That is your hope right now?
The official statement that claims ...

25 июля 11:00 в дaтa-цeнтp, в кoтopoм былo paзмeщeнo нaшe cepвepнoe oбopyдoвaниe пpишли coтpyдники ФБP и изъяли вce oбopyдoвaниe, нa cepвepax нaxoдилиcь бaзы дaнныx и кoшeльки нaшeгo cepвиca.

1.   Mы cмoгли пoлyчить дocтyп к нaшим бaзaм дaнныx и кoшeлькaм, нa дaнный мoмeнт мы пpoвoдим oцeнкy дaнныx и бaлaнcoв пo кoинaм, этa инфopмaция бyдeт oбнapoдoвaнa дo кoнцa cлeдyющeй нeдeли.

No, I don't trust a word of people who contradict themselves in barely 10 lines of text.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 02:33:32 PM

What is going to happen at the end of the month?

People who enjoy laughing at the loses are indeed bad but giving hope with no proof no reason nothing is just as bad in my opinion.
So, what will happen, what have they and how have they proven they are not pieces of ... let's say junk as I would have used another word.

What do you mean, no proof, no reason, nothing? So you mean the official statements of btce, which we trusted for 6 years, mean nothing? Are you fucking serious?

You understand that we are over this stage already? They did not go silent, you noticed that, right? So, the idea of "btce is stealing the same way like the FBI, then go silent and hide" can be dismissed already.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 07, 2017, 02:18:52 PM
Stop dreaming. BTC-e aint ever coming back.

I think they have proven that they aren't pieces of junk already, unlike some people around here.

They ARE coming back and you can return to the hole you crawled out from one that happens. We will see by the end of month.

What is going to happen at the end of the month?

People who enjoy laughing at the loses are indeed bad but giving hope with no proof no reason nothing is just as bad in my opinion.
So, what will happen, what have they and how have they proven they are not pieces of ... let's say junk as I would have used another word.

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 4398
diamond-handed zealot
August 07, 2017, 01:12:21 PM
we should accept the fact that the US is effectively controlling the monetary flows around the world

for now

the empire is faltering, we are entering a period fraught with danger...and opportunity
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 3419
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 07, 2017, 12:14:01 PM
aawww, I guess your boyfriend left you, and now you hate life, sorry  Angry

On a serious note, we have 3 options,

-they will just go silent and everything is lost
-refund or partial refund
-resuming of btc-e life, somehow

So it's a 66% chance  Cool

You don't expect btc-e to go back, it is too much damage. No one exchanges is not come back after situations like this.
good things is they say that have database with wallets and accounts, i hope they will get back coins to customers.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
August 07, 2017, 12:07:18 PM
Even if btc-e decides to return crypto coins to their rightful owners, how can we use these coins? Everyone will stay away from dealing with them to avoid the US prosecution

I don't quite understand your point

Do you mean to say that we won't be able to send these coins to an exchange (say, to Bitfinex) since they will be sort of tainted? It might make some sense in respect to "regulated" exchanges like Poloniex, though that would mean that the FBI will be giving them the lists of black-listed wallets the coins from which should get confiscated at the earliest opportunity. But what about other exchanges which themselves might be in the crosshair of the FBI? What about mixing these coins via independent and reliable mixers?
Pages:
Jump to: