Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 64. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 03, 2017, 06:02:26 PM
Soviet Russia is best exchange!
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
August 03, 2017, 05:49:06 PM
It would be ridiculous if they'd only refund the people that happened to be in coin at the time of the takedown. I was in the middle of trading, switching between fiat and coins every hour. If they do refunds, and they don't have access to fiat, they better give me crypto at current exchange rates.
Activity: 56
August 03, 2017, 05:46:29 PM
For someone that had 6 figures in fiat when the site went down the second statement doesn't sound great, but I'm hoping everyone will be reimbursed no matter if you were in btc or fiat.
US citizens as well as EU citizens can crowdfund for lawyer and return their money in court, i think

It does not matter what was your exchange balance. Probably half of users were into fiat. Having fiat balance onto exchange does not mean that you have a share of their fiat bank account as that does not increase or decrease their bank fiat balance. Exchange balance is just a number, not hard cash. No matter if your exchange balance is fiat or crypto, you actually never own coins or fiat until you request withdrawal.

The main issue is with leveraged MT4 positions. Will those positions be liquidated when trade was stopped or left to be auto margin called if trade resumes?
Activity: 75
August 03, 2017, 05:44:20 PM
For someone that had 6 figures in fiat when the site went down the second statement doesn't sound great, but I'm hoping everyone will be reimbursed no matter if you were in btc or fiat.
US citizens as well as EU citizens can crowdfund for lawyer and return their money in court, i think

You know how much you should pay for a lawyer to take your money back ? :|
Activity: 103
August 03, 2017, 05:43:13 PM
August 03, 2017, 05:41:34 PM
https://etherscan.io/address/0x8eb3fa7907ad2ef4c7e3ba4b1d2f2aac6f4b5ae6

500 ETH went out, 10 mins after Update4. It's a sign, like that input of 54.635 ETH approx 10.000$ 4 days ago.
Activity: 86
August 03, 2017, 05:39:27 PM
Activity: 103
August 03, 2017, 05:37:21 PM
Update from btc-e admin (my own translation):
"Update4!

Current information:

1. We have access to our database and wallets, at the moment we are checking our data, cryptocurrency balances, this information will be published till next week end.
2. We confirm that our main financial flows were associated with Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment this money are seized/arrested.

With respect, btc-e support"
August 03, 2017, 05:32:20 PM
Update #4

Thanks for update BTC-e 

Current information:

1. We were able to access our databases and purses, we currently assess data and balance sheets Coin, this information will be made public before the end of next week.

2. We confirm that the main streams of the threads have been sent to the service through Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment they are arrested.

Best regards support btc-e

Does #2 mean that all fiat is seized? Translation seems a bit off.
Activity: 14
August 03, 2017, 05:06:30 PM
Update #4

Thanks for update BTC-e 

Current information:

1. We were able to access our databases and purses, we currently assess data and balance sheets Coin, this information will be made public before the end of next week.

2. We confirm that the main streams of the threads have been sent to the service through Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment they are arrested.

Best regards support btc-e
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
August 03, 2017, 10:08:15 AM
such conspiracy

much wow

popocorn cinema like wtf Oo"
Activity: 17
August 03, 2017, 10:03:43 AM
Look at this profile https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitcoinex-577

He was running an exchange btcex https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BTCex

The site closed temporarily, beginning 12 May 2011 after claiming that a user claimed irregularities in trading and threatened legal action. The exchange re-opened in early June, with 5/6 (83%) of each user's bitcoins missing (eg. if one had an account balance of 120BTC before they went down, only 20BTC were left). Their support remain silent.

Since July 23, 2012 the site is reporting an additional, unexpected "maintenance closure". Customers are reporting that they have no access to their funds

After 2011 incident btc-e start to operate.

Just like btc-e owners, btcex owner remain anonymous despite users speculations about his identity.
Activity: 66
August 03, 2017, 09:00:06 AM

I don't give a %$^&. My $$ in there was not illegal and they still stole it. Bastards.

Take a look at the poll on this page. It really makes you think...  Huh

http://pakcoin.info/forum/index.php?threads/btc-e-com-top-ten-bitcoin-exchange-seized-%E2%80%93-bitcoins-stolen.324/
Activity: 3
August 03, 2017, 08:52:30 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
August 03, 2017, 07:44:57 AM

Withdraw funds from btc-e.com is possible now 03.08.2017, the instruction for the link
從btc-e.com現在可以申請提款至2017年8月3日,參考的聲明
Bывecти cpeдcтвa c btc-e.com вoзмoжнo ceйчac 03.08.2017, инcтpyкция зa ccылкoй https://satoshibox.com/ag8d4w8kh3ekqpaqusunssah

already reported to mods....
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
August 03, 2017, 06:04:13 AM
It certainly looks as if BTC-e are still in possession of all (or at least most of) the coins. That gives at least some hope that things will work out. After reading a bit about the civil forfeiture laws in the US, it all seems like a huge hoax from the US to seize basically whatever cash they want to fund their government agencies. If they would re-open again, I'd say this is a major anti-us/pro-russian propaganda win. You would think that russia would be less harsh on crypto currencies when these things happen.

except Russia is busy banning all the crypto exchanges as we speak. btc-e was banned there. i don't see any reason why they will try to protect btc-e. one would hope that they would protect their residents who are getting raped by the FBI here, but c'est la vie....
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
August 03, 2017, 05:42:29 AM
Important things:

- FBI didnt get any coins off btce's cold wallets and Vinnik couldn't tell them the passwords either, because as far as btce is concerned, they stated he wasn't employee/owner. Could be that he was involved somehow but he didn't have access to cold wallets. thus, maximum hot wallets compromised.

What do you think that puts total crypto losses at?

- Maysuz stated that his company seized/freezed all accounts and money related to the FBI heist. This means, all money currently hold by Maysuz for btce is gone. Does this mean, all fiat is gone? Very unlikely because then Maysuz would have held all the funds which they did not do. Even though they stated somewhere that they never hold clients funds.

It's impossible to know what BTC-e meant by that. They may have meant that the exchange itself had no bank accounts in its name. That doesn't mean, for example, that it's all parked at Okpay. Rather, they could have many shell companies far removed from the exchange which are holding the money. One would hope that this is the case.

- Communication is not up to the standards but it was never with them. And yes, they do make statements in which they make sure, everybody will get a refund. No reason to doubt them.

Unfortunately, there is reason to doubt: the FBI. No matter what happens, I love BTC-e. They were always the greatest exchange, with the best trading engine. They always worked as intended, and always had fast withdrawals. Hoping for the best, but I've written off some pretty sizable losses already. I just hope that Bitcoin trolls for a while to give me time to accumulate at least a few more coins....
August 03, 2017, 05:31:46 AM
Important things:

- FBI didnt get any coins off btce's cold wallets and Vinnik couldn't tell them the passwords either, because as far as btce is concerned, they stated he wasn't employee/owner. Could be that he was involved somehow but he didn't have access to cold wallets. thus, maximum hot wallets compromised.

- Maysuz stated that his company seized/freezed all accounts and money related to the FBI heist. This means, all money currently hold by Maysuz for btce is gone. Does this mean, all fiat is gone? Very unlikely because then Maysuz would have held all the funds which they did not do. Even though they stated somewhere that they never hold clients funds.

- Communication is not up to the standards but it was never with them. And yes, they do make statements in which they make sure, everybody will get a refund. No reason to doubt them.
August 03, 2017, 04:17:59 AM
It certainly looks as if BTC-e are still in possession of all (or at least most of) the coins. That gives at least some hope that things will work out. After reading a bit about the civil forfeiture laws in the US, it all seems like a huge hoax from the US to seize basically whatever cash they want to fund their government agencies. If they would re-open again, I'd say this is a major anti-us/pro-russian propaganda win. You would think that russia would be less harsh on crypto currencies when these things happen.
Activity: 8
August 03, 2017, 03:50:48 AM
It must be btc-e.

That huge 100 million dollars movement of ETH was before they opened this thread, if it was someone else doing that, I guess they would mention that in their message  Undecided

EDIT: ok, they didn't open this thread, I was switching between this and russian btc-e thread, but you know what I mean  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: