Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 68. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 01, 2017, 12:38:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I used the contact page at FinCEN and have sent them this message.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently the US government, the FBI, and FinCEN acted against BTC-e, which led to its closure. To my understanding, the US government and FinCEN were not happy about BTC-e not having any protocols in place to prevent money laundering and also for not following the KYC and AML laws, whilst BTC-e had their servers operating from the United States. Also, there were concerns raised regarding the involvement of Alexander Vinnik with BTC-e. This ultimately led to the shutdown of BTC-e servers on the 25th of July 2017.

My question is what steps the FinCEN, the FBI and the US government are going to take in order to safeguard the innocent people according to the consitutional laws in the United States of America? Like me, many innocent people had their money and other funds on BTC-e, which are now stuck. I am a hard working person and can provide details of all my financial activties, none of which have broken any laws anywhere to my knowledge. I was not even aware that BTC-e servers were based in the United States. To my knowledge, they had an office in UK and also in some other countries.

I need my hard-earned money back. I have also spoken with countless other users who are also innocent and have not done anything wrong.

A statement has been released by BTC-e yesterday online which clearly states that their servers were shut by the FBI. The acting director of FinCEN, Mr Jamal El Hindi, made a statement last week in which he said “We will hold accountable foreign-located money transmitters, including virtual currency exchangers, that do business in the United States when they willfully violate U.S. anti-money laundering laws...” but he failed to mention anything about the steps the FinCEN is taking to return the funds of innocent bystanders. 

We are anxious to hear what safegaurds the US Government, The FBI and FinCEN are going to give to the innocent users whose money is being held hostage during this event. I am therefore requesting that FinCEN directors take this matter into account. I am sure that all the parties can come to some working terms which can be beneficial for the interests of everyone. Of course, in no way any crime should be encouraged, but then prevention of harm to innocent people is not just a responsibility for those is power, but also failure to prevent any such harm to innocents in its own merits is also a crime by all laws. I also want to say that every user that I have spoken with has said that they would want their funds refunded to them. We are all willing to cooperate with any agency as long as we recieve a guarantee from FinCEN, the FBI and the US goverenment that they will act to prevent any such financial harm to the innocent users.

Also, it is a bit sad to see that a pledge has been made by BTC-e and they are willing to take steps to safeguard its innocent users.  BTC-e is the one trying to defend intself in a positive wat.  However, no such statement has been made by FinCEN, the FBI or the US government. We are all waiting quite anxiously to hear from FinCEN and FBI about any announcements related to the above issue.

Regards,

Can we all send them similar messages (please refrain from abusive language etc).  We need to try to solve this issue.  If this does not work, we can then think about other steps and actions.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
August 01, 2017, 12:16:21 PM
So that means that Moneypolo, Mayzus, have blocked all BTC-e fiat bank accounts. But I think there was not much of fiat cash in those accounts anyway.

I sold my btc like 5 minutes before the takedown, so I was all in fiat Sad. Bad news.

Do not worry, btce will socialize the lost funds and refund everybody.

I really hope you're right. I hope for both our sakes we get our cash back, if I remember correctly we both had 6-figure values on there
Activity: 32
August 01, 2017, 12:12:30 PM
POLO just updated its terms and conditions, I wonder why!
https://poloniex.com/terms/

because they know that they are outlaw. anyway, this doesn't change anything. Poloniex is a MSB but they are not registered as MSB; same shit like BTC-e Smiley
exactly and anyone can register to the FINCen.
Activity: 56
August 01, 2017, 12:12:10 PM
So that means that Moneypolo, Mayzus, have blocked all BTC-e fiat bank accounts. But I think there was not much of fiat cash in those accounts anyway.

I sold my btc like 5 minutes before the takedown, so I was all in fiat Sad. Bad news.

Do not worry, btce will socialize the lost funds and refund everybody.
August 01, 2017, 12:09:28 PM

August 01, 2017, 11:53:47 AM
Mayzus replied about false accusations:
https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/43870-o-situatcii-s-birzhei-btc-e-i-spekuliatciiakh-na-media-resu/
translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.bits.media%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F43870-o-situatcii-s-birzhei-btc-e-i-spekuliatciiakh-na-media-resu%2F&edit-text=

With some more details at:
http://blog.moneypolo.com/en/official-press-release-greece-arrests-russian-suspected-of-running-4-billion-bitcoin-laundering-ring/

There you can read:
"We have taken steps to lock all pending transactions and freeze the accounts and transaction that we have already identified as potentially connected to this recent event.".

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
August 01, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

because they know that they are outlaw. anyway, this doesn't change anything. Poloniex is a MSB but they are not registered as MSB; same shit like BTC-e Smiley
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
August 01, 2017, 09:33:33 AM
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
August 01, 2017, 09:08:14 AM
Poloniex don't do fiat, hence money, until such time as US laws treat crypto as money, which will be a constitutional nightmare.
In 2013 Silk Road was seized. Ross's lawyer argued in 2014 that Ross could not be guilty of money laundering because bitcoin is not money, but property. The Judge shoots down this argument by stating that "it's close enough to be considered money".

Ross lost the case and was sentenced for money laundering, among other things

Consequently: bitcoin is to be defined as money.

Except the constitution defines money.

You can read some of the arguments here:

http://www.tmtperspectives.com/2014/02/28/does-the-constitution-have-anything-to-say-about-bitcoin-and-money-laundering/
Irrelevant. As the Slik Road case just proved.

It's not irrelevant because constitutional law takes precedent over case law.
Just because the Silk Road defendant didn't bother to take the matter to the supreme court as an error in law, doesn't mean others wont.
Oh yeah, "you can just take it to the supreme court", tell that to Ross who just lost the appeal and is still rotting in jails 4 years after the arrest.

In any case, I wouldn't get my hopes up with regards to the supreme court. Nobody cares about the constitution anymore it seems.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 01, 2017, 08:47:45 AM
Poloniex don't do fiat, hence money, until such time as US laws treat crypto as money, which will be a constitutional nightmare.
In 2013 Silk Road was seized. Ross's lawyer argued in 2014 that Ross could not be guilty of money laundering because bitcoin is not money, but property. The Judge shoots down this argument by stating that "it's close enough to be considered money".

http://www.tmtperspectives.com/2014/02/28/does-the-constitution-have-anything-to-say-about-bitcoin-and-money-laundering/

It's not irrelevant because constitutional law takes precedent over case law.
Just because the Silk Road defendant didn't bother to take the matter to the supreme court as an error in law, doesn't mean others wont. Ulbricht faced much more serious charges than arguing the technicalities of money laundering, he got life for drug trafficking, which was over the top even according to the prosecution, the judge was trying to send a message to drug traffickers.

legendary
August 01, 2017, 07:40:37 AM

legendary
August 01, 2017, 07:23:19 AM
blablabla
* BTC-e is gone.  It will never come back online
blablabla

You are very delusional and you didnt read the last statement, there you go:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2056158

you are lost, mate. Smiley

unrealistic beliefs? maybe you are new in this shit, called the e-currency world. BTC-e is gone and it will remain like now. Nobody will see any funds back. if you want to deceive(drug) yourself with the thought  that they will be back online, then it's OK.

those "veterans" who are saying that BTC-e will come back, are either stupids, either shills. Smiley

I used e-gold already while you were trying to figure out how to eat.

Of course people will see their funds, well probably only half of it. We do not know exactly how much, but every word of btce is trustworthy, they simple have not a single reason to be lying to us at this moment.

Your westernized thoughts believe in the mighty wrath of the USA - it is based on facts and at the same delusional but its okay. However, the rest of the world knows that they cannot get their fingers into everything. You wouldn't know, you country is basically a puppet of a puppet.

hehe, I used e-gold too and osgold and many others so, I know everything about the shit called e-currency. you are dreaming and it seems you didn't learn anything during this time.

BTC-e is not e-gold and keep in mind that the laws have been changed since then.

BTW, I bet you were a Picpay fan   Cheesy Cheesy

erk
Merit: 500
August 01, 2017, 07:22:30 AM

legendary
August 01, 2017, 07:12:14 AM

August 01, 2017, 06:40:28 AM
blablabla
blablabla

unrealistic beliefs? maybe you are new in this shit, called the e-currency world. BTC-e is gone and it will remain like now. Nobody will see any funds back. if you want to deceive(drug) yourself with the thought  that they will be back online, then it's OK.

those "veterans" who are saying that BTC-e will come back, are either stupids, either shills. Smiley

I used e-gold already while you were trying to figure out how to eat.

Of course people will see their funds, well probably only half of it. We do not know exactly how much, but every word of btce is trustworthy, they simple have not a single reason to be lying to us at this moment.

Your westernized thoughts believe in the mighty wrath of the USA - it is based on facts and at the same delusional but its okay. However, the rest of the world knows that they cannot get their fingers into everything. You wouldn't know, you country is basically a puppet of a puppet.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
August 01, 2017, 06:16:15 AM
blablabla
blablabla

Unfortunately, I think any service in BTC-e's position will make a similar statement. Pretty vague, really. Now we are supposed to wait another week or two for another empty statement, and then the updates will become further and further apart.

I really, really hope I'm wrong. Undecided
legendary
August 01, 2017, 05:30:40 AM
blablabla
blablabla

Merit: 508
August 01, 2017, 05:29:32 AM
While I don't doubt they intend to get it up and running again, I'm curious to see exactly what will happen. With apparently some funds seized, FBI shutting them down and so on, there can definitely be issues coming online again. While I certainly hope they will be back (with my money), I'm still in an "I'll believe it when I see it"-stance.

That's the most sensible stance. There were a couple troubling things in the statement. They should know exactly what was seized and what was not. They shouldn't need to slow roll over the course of the next week or two. They should know which bank accounts are frozen, and they should know what servers (therefore wallets) were seized. One would hope that any servers within reach of the FBI would only have customer/hot wallets, with keys encrypted. But with these 66k BTC transfers floating around, who knows.... Undecided
August 01, 2017, 05:08:45 AM
While I don't doubt they intend to get it up and running again, I'm curious to see exactly what will happen. With apparently some funds seized, FBI shutting them down and so on, there can definitely be issues coming online again. While I certainly hope they will be back (with my money), I'm still in an "I'll believe it when I see it"-stance.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 01, 2017, 04:59:49 AM
blablabla
blablabla

Wasn't this already posted a few days ago??

More detailed information about what happened to the BTC-e service

On July 25, 11:00 the FBI staff came to the data center where our server equipment was located and seized all the equipment, servers and databases of our service were on the servers.

Almost 6 days we could not get from our hosting provider the sane information, what happened to our servers, because of this information we publish only now.

July 28, the domain was confiscated.

At the moment, part of the service is arrested by the FBI.

The next update will provide information on what options are available to restore the service, as well as the procedure for obtaining funds, in the event that the service is not started. In the current situation, if the service is not started before the end of August, then from September 1 we will start the process of refund.
In the next 1-2 weeks, we will evaluate and publish information about how much money fell into the hands of the FBI and what amount of money is available for return.

For all those who buried us, I will remind you that the service has always worked on trust, and we are ready to answer for it.
The funds will be returned to everyone!

The arrest of Russian Alexander Vinnik:
Officially declare - Alexander was never the head or employee of our service.

Sincerely btc-e

P.S. In the subject write questions, as far as possible we will answer them.
Pages:
Jump to: