Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 82. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 317
Merit: 12
July 30, 2017, 06:33:52 AM

What makes you think one of the above addresses once belonged to Gox ?

Go to https://bg-bg.facebook.com/pg/goxbitcoin/posts/

Look for:
We still want to reassure you, that your funds are safe. We implemented a long time ago a cold wallet technique that can't be broken, because of the cryptographic implications.
You can see part of our funds here:
https://blockchain.info/address/18f1yugoAJuXcHAbsuRVLQC9TezJ6iVRLp
As you can see, all informations about our insolvency are greatly eaggerated!

18f1yugoAJuXcHAbsuRVLQC9TezJ6iVRLp moved 66k coins to 19QzVvFZbHV4gcvmSYw3yup5RaBXgMeXay at 2017-07-25 after basically 3 years inanctivity of that wallet. So, who is going to tell me this is a Coinbase wallet?

that is i think a parody account. and that address has been there for long, even after the goxx, the addres has been active in late 2014-15.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
July 30, 2017, 06:31:59 AM

Look for:
We still want to reassure you, that your funds are safe. We implemented a long time ago a cold wallet technique that can't be broken, because of the cryptographic implications.

18f1yugoAJuXcHAbsuRVLQC9TezJ6iVRLp moved 66k coins to 19QzVvFZbHV4gcvmSYw3yup5RaBXgMeXay at 2017-07-25 after basically 3 years inanctivity of that wallet. So, who is going to tell me this is a Coinbase wallet?

You realise that's a parody gox account right? Did you read the post about the suicide hotline?
Activity: 56
July 30, 2017, 06:25:21 AM

Look for:

legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
July 30, 2017, 06:04:01 AM

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
July 30, 2017, 05:57:36 AM

(quote)
Users openly and explicitly discussed criminal activity on BTC-e’s user chat.  BTC-e’s customer service representatives offered advice on how to process and access money obtained from illegal drug sales on dark net markets like Silk Road, Hansa Market, and AlphaBay.

WOW I spent a LOT OF TIME in the btc-e chatroom and I NEVER saw anything like this happen...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 30, 2017, 05:55:43 AM
I'm getting insecure connection now when trying to connect to btc-e.com
Activity: 3
July 30, 2017, 05:28:28 AM
So, to end up this post, is there anyone right here trying to organize a class action against the US government on behalf of legitimate users? -If so, what are the conditions and where do I sign in?

When that comes to that there would be news on coindesk and other sites. It will take months before that and only if Vinnik would be extradited to US and if Vinnik or US gov is in control of funds. And then it will take couple of years before settlement.

Chat channel about btc-e: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fegbox

Even if they do not have the funds in their custody right now they have damages and compensation to pay to regular traders because of disruption of services and the potential loss of part or the whole of their deposits.

To put things in perspective, nobody has seen the US government closing down and sequestrating assets and accounts of JPM or Goldman Sachs further some of their worst alleged frauds (documented, that were much worse than what is being presented to the public right now).

Therefore the way they decided to deal with the issue is highly political and meant at causing more harm than anything else. And this has a consequence on honest people, but I repeat myself.

Activity: 8
July 30, 2017, 05:24:39 AM
this thread has turned into a load of crap posted by idiots ,ill take no further part in this .bitcointalk was always full of idiots which is why i never joined til now .get a life fellas and come back when you have some facts
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 30, 2017, 05:21:25 AM

wow really? thats pretty crazy. Must be BTC-e trying to run with funds cause why would us gov move stuff about multiple times.

To "run with funds" all you need to do is move them once from the private keys you think might be compromised, to new ones that you know are not.
July 30, 2017, 05:18:55 AM
So, to end up this post, is there anyone right here trying to organize a class action against the US government on behalf of legitimate users? -If so, what are the conditions and where do I sign in?

When that comes to that there would be news on coindesk and other sites. It will take months before that and only if Vinnik would be extradited to US and if Vinnik or US gov is in control of funds. And then it will take couple of years before settlement.

Chat channel about btc-e: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fegbox
Activity: 3
July 30, 2017, 05:11:08 AM
I have been mining and trading on BTC-E and other exchanges for years and used my personal savings to acquire cryptos and trading them in return. I do not even smoke or drink alcohol, let alone visit black markets, or launder money.

I am not american, did my KYC procedures whilst opening trading accounts on BTC-E (which was the first and only exchange to practice this that I know of, so much for the official version of non existing KYC procedures) wired money without neither trouble nor excessive charges, withdrawn coins without a hassle, requested and got assistance in a timely manner from the helpdesk also without notable issues, each of my transactions could be tracked to either mining or liquid funds of legitimate provenance. For years I appreciated the professionalism and -I can say- honesty of BTC-E contrary to what some people have been claiming, or pretend to be claiming (remains to be seen if they are telling the truth). And this for transactions that were in excess of $100k+.

Therefore:
 - Do my trading activities on btc-e.com make me a criminal?
 - Why would the US government sequester my hard earned assets left on accounts of the exchange, especially if they have no relation to the US and are not located on US soil? Sequestration happens in the absence of any legal proceedings due in this case, or no proceedings at all.

Furthermore, could the shutdown of BTC-E be perceived as a first attack against unregulated crypto markets by the US government and mega banks?

Behind this governmental heist against BTC-E there was a tactic; namely to smear one of the oldest exchanges to transvestite it into a den of thieves in the perception of the ignoramus in order not to raise questions about the overreach and the sheer arrogance of the US government. This was clearly completely unjustified (and to date I have to see any solid proof of this).

And just at the same time, the EU recently presented a report claiming that criminals lack the skill to use cryptocurrencies:
http://europeanmemoranda.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/files/2017/07/10977-17-ADD-2.pdf

This governmental robbery could be the first in the series, and do not be surprised if either other exchanges are closed this way around the world (which is an unacceptable act of piracy on the part of an organization which prides itself in being "the most virtuous democracy in the world") or made to become compliant by extracting huge taxes and fines on each transaction made there.

The real concern of the US behind the move seems to be a threat of cryptos to their emission profit relative to the US dollar. Cryptos act as a substitute of the world dollar, and such substitution is increasing as time goes on. The US attempts if not to abolish the BTC, but then try and get the lion share of the pie deriving from BTC emission and circulation, through any means available.

The idea from there could be to force a majority of exchanges to close down or reduce volumes in order to switch to more regulated exchanges, which will give the control to wallst banks and other big players in the financial industry for a number of reasons, boiling down to what currently happens to precious metals markets (gold and silver in particular): indeed replace all the actual bitcoin exchange activities by some paper based markets that will allow megabanks to crush prices whenever they reach key technical levels, which in turn will destroy the market the same way it happens with gold and silver while making parasite megabanks even more wealthy, thus perpetuating the current international financial scheme.

Activity: 1372
July 30, 2017, 05:01:12 AM

wow really? thats pretty crazy. Must be BTC-e trying to run with funds cause why would us gov move stuff about multiple times.
July 30, 2017, 04:55:35 AM

I see you didn't research this before you posted it....

It's been proven that one of those accounts does not belong to btc-e, and can you prove that the other account does?

Well, where did I say it is btce wallets? I just posted that coins on the move as it is a coincidence with btce offline, and the ETH account on the move too. So you can post the source of that proof, I will appreciate it. Two days ago (like I wrote in this thread here) I believed it too that those are Coinbase or Polo wallets but I just cant find any proof for that. If you google for that addresses, even a Facebook entry of mtgox turns up stating that the address belongs to them (in 2014).
Activity: 854
July 30, 2017, 04:48:32 AM
Thats why experts always say, dont put all your eggs in a single basket..

i fear of those peoples money get stucked in BTC-e.. will they ever get it back?
Activity: 1
July 30, 2017, 04:44:39 AM

I see you didn't research this before you posted it....

It's been proven that one of those accounts does not belong to btc-e, and can you prove that the other account does?
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
July 30, 2017, 04:38:53 AM
I feel sorry for you and why the fuk had you so much money on an exchange Oo? Ive deposited everything above 10k and rest was playmoney.
July 30, 2017, 04:23:37 AM
I lost $200k thanks for your concern.
Activity: 4
July 30, 2017, 04:08:06 AM
i picture him as a dick.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
July 30, 2017, 03:39:50 AM
Delusional is very strong here.

I picture you as a sadistic troll sitting in front of his computer.

July 30, 2017, 03:31:54 AM
Delusional is very strong here.
Pages:
Jump to: