Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 85. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
July 29, 2017, 06:37:28 PM
If btc-e are still in control of coins they cannot turn them into cash because fbi will have easy job to trace them.

But if they allow users to withdrawal their coin they can put a limit of 100-200 USD a day and a different address each time and they will be able to withdrawal their own coins.

Think about it more than 100,000 users with multiple addresses each will be the biggest mixer of all time.

Considering that hackers won't keep coins in a exchange for long because they want to cash out asap then 99% of users funds are legit so if fbi will try to verify each address and each user will cost them more than they will be able to confiscate.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 29, 2017, 06:34:14 PM
I must assume some sort of backup plan must have been created by the BTC-e team if something like this would have ever happen...

Like have a place to go, have stuff ready or is this wishfull thinking?

Because we don't know what happened, how can you assume there was a plan in place?

BTC-e could have been disconnected by their data center operator.

They might have been hacked.

They could have been raided by local authorities.

The might have panicked over the news of Vinnik arrest in Greece and decided to move.

Or it could be simply be an exit scam.

So far everyone is guessing, the only thing we know is BTC-e is offline and they said it was a "network" problem in the data center and they would be back in 5-10 days.

Everything else is speculation or FUD from new trolls.
Activity: 19
July 29, 2017, 06:28:24 PM
Ya well Holding don't gain u any coin, I'm not a moron I kept what I could afford to part with on btce if sht hit the fan.....Holding bitcoin wont make u any extra coin id rather trade and gain and take a hit if u have to.....in the long run trading pays more..............so everyone saying told ya so don't keep coin on a exchange can stfu and start sayin keep what u can afford to part with on exchanges.......if it wasn't for exchanges the coins you hold wouldn't be worth what they are

You are a moron to think that.Holding is much more profitable then risk involved in trading.you stfu.not everyone is trading expert and hold bitcoins which is less risky then losing trading.I also trade and hodl too and there's nothing wrong with holding.What's wrong is to keep holding on exchange like you.Do trade and take out profit every 2-3 days.

I'm gonna call BS on holding more makes more money, ive been holding some coin and trading for many yrs the amount gained from trading well exceeds the amount earned on holding coins....unless your a moron and love to sell cheaper then u bought then ya holding is better
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
July 29, 2017, 06:15:50 PM
Ya well Holding don't gain u any coin, I'm not a moron I kept what I could afford to part with on btce if sht hit the fan.....Holding bitcoin wont make u any extra coin id rather trade and gain and take a hit if u have to.....in the long run trading pays more..............so everyone saying told ya so don't keep coin on a exchange can stfu and start sayin keep what u can afford to part with on exchanges.......if it wasn't for exchanges the coins you hold wouldn't be worth what they are

You are a moron to think that.Holding is much more profitable then risk involved in trading.you stfu.not everyone is trading expert and hold bitcoins which is less risky then losing trading.I also trade and hodl too and there's nothing wrong with holding.What's wrong is to keep holding on exchange like you.Do trade and take out profit every 2-3 days.
Activity: 32
July 29, 2017, 06:10:08 PM
Can't foreign investors sue the Justice Department in the US if they don't get their money back? Afterall they're taking money from people outside the US following laws that are not their laws. This is basically like stealing since most people in BTC-e were not doing anything wrong basically.

Are there any EU citizens? If we don't get our money back, we should sue US.

I doubt anyone can sue the us gov.  1 thing though is when the poker sites got their domains taken years back it didn't stop customers getting money in the end. The poker sites just had to pay fine and block US customers.

Yep. Btce can transfer the coins to another website like xbtce which already block US users.

Since when do they block US users?  Since they used xbtce to verify users for btc-e, you would think they could start sending coins there to the verified users...if they want to return them

From the xbtce main page
"XBTCe does not provide services for United States residents"

Is that new?  I have an acct and I'm in US?
at least some week's
Activity: 35
July 29, 2017, 06:09:19 PM
Can't foreign investors sue the Justice Department in the US if they don't get their money back? Afterall they're taking money from people outside the US following laws that are not their laws. This is basically like stealing since most people in BTC-e were not doing anything wrong basically.

I doubt anyone can sue the us gov.  1 thing though is when the poker sites got their domains taken years back it didn't stop customers getting money in the end. The poker sites just had to pay fine and block US customers.

Yep. Btce can transfer the coins to another website like xbtce which already block US users.

Since when do they block US users?  Since they used xbtce to verify users for btc-e, you would think they could start sending coins there to the verified users...if they want to return them

From the xbtce main page

Is that new?  I have an acct and I'm in US?
Activity: 2
July 29, 2017, 06:07:21 PM
1) Alex dont have access to keys. Owners could of paid, they did not. Case closed.

2) Alex have access to keys and he is the only one with the keys (else coins would be moved) - FED is likely to get keys from him and payout a few while auctioning rest.

3) Traders made money of more stupid people via FUD and fear of been left behind, aka pump and dump. Similar to FED handling of economy.

4) Even if all humans put all cash they had into come crypto coins - it would simply reshuffle existing crumbs mostly.

5) By understanding fears and manias such as greed, envy, cowardice, jealousy, etc aka knowing self and influence we humans can  enjoy our life on Earth.

6) If its not done fight for a crumbs continues, while very few withhold most resources including technological ones from most. Increasing pollution and rise  of fuck life attitude leads to end of human on Earth (not an overall end, yet a evolutionary setback)

If this text saved you $$$$$ you were going to spend on psychiatrist send tips to 1FCWF4qYMY78ZFfJxp6SLiD4XMfnTjFVrB. Min suggested tip 100 usd Smiley

Feel free to comment.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
July 29, 2017, 06:01:58 PM
I must assume some sort of backup plan must have been created by the BTC-e team if something like this would have ever happen...

as they were the one stop shop for all crypto evil by the looks of things they'd have to be nuts not to have a plan in place.
July 29, 2017, 06:01:21 PM

From the xbtce main page
Activity: 24
July 29, 2017, 06:00:49 PM

Activity: 56
July 29, 2017, 05:56:00 PM
Looking at the 2 recent 0.0001 ETH transactions from poloniex wallet which has activity 38 days ago and 51 days ago, I doubt this is the feds.

Hopefully it's just testing the servers infrastructure

Those 2 0.0001 transactions could be some script triggers or some troll thinking that script will sent eth balance to him Cheesy

But if you check
https://etherscan.io/address/0x8eb3fa7907ad2ef4c7e3ba4b1d2f2aac6f4b5ae6
you can notice that all transactions are sent on full hour difference except last 0.0001 and that could be a troll.
Activity: 24
July 29, 2017, 05:55:07 PM
There are slight chances that BTC-e is moving this eth balance......

1. they moved 0.0001 out to new account
2. they sent back 0.0001 but from different old account, seen 50 days ago receiving payment from Poloniex (https://etherscan.io/address/0xf886abf45d68611078b5f66d450f76beb1dd8234)
3. then moved entire ETH balance

Unless US had prepared ETH account 50 days ago it seems that BTC-e is moving this ETH balance. Or am I wrong somewhere being too optimistic?

You're right. Very interesting.

It seems that second transaction (that 0.0001 sent back from 3rd account) was a trigger for automatic script to complete ETH movement to a new wallet.

NEW TRANSACTIONS, again 0.0001:

https://etherscan.io/address/0xf886abf45d68611078b5f66d450f76beb1dd8234

This new 0.0001 transaction appeared exactly 3 hours after ETH balance movement.

IRC chat for BTC-e: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fegbox

Could be just troll transactions from people that seen the movement
Activity: 35
July 29, 2017, 05:53:43 PM

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
July 29, 2017, 05:53:03 PM
Looking at the 2 recent 0.0001 ETH transactions from poloniex wallet which has activity 38 days ago and 51 days ago, I doubt this is the feds.

Hopefully it's just testing the servers infrastructure
July 29, 2017, 05:46:49 PM
Its Saturday in America , they don't work on weekends so it prob not feds moving coin or the be on TV bragging about it......and to the dude who lost 80 buks, if I only had 80 buks on btc-e I wouldn't even be following this news lol
That would make you do the same mistake again with other exchanges as well which is to never hold anything on exchanges.I am a long time bitcoin holder now.that's why i feel pissed to do that mistake.

July 29, 2017, 05:43:46 PM

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
July 29, 2017, 05:37:52 PM
Its Saturday in America , they don't work on weekends so it prob not feds moving coin or the be on TV bragging about it......and to the dude who lost 80 buks, if I only had 80 buks on btc-e I wouldn't even be following this news lol
That would make you do the same mistake again with other exchanges as well which is to never hold anything on exchanges.I am a long time bitcoin holder now.that's why i feel pissed to do that mistake.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
July 29, 2017, 05:37:21 PM
wow, you just only lost 80bucks and crying.... feel yourself lucky as fuk and dont brag here... the majority of ppl lost more than 10k+, or even 200k+, well.. i dont even want to know how many ppl would fuk the us or even some criminal masterminds Smiley
Activity: 56
July 29, 2017, 05:35:48 PM
There are slight chances that BTC-e is moving this eth balance......

1. they moved 0.0001 out to new account
2. they sent back 0.0001 but from different old account, seen 50 days ago receiving payment from Poloniex (https://etherscan.io/address/0xf886abf45d68611078b5f66d450f76beb1dd8234)
3. then moved entire ETH balance

Unless US had prepared ETH account 50 days ago it seems that BTC-e is moving this ETH balance. Or am I wrong somewhere being too optimistic?

You're right. Very interesting.

It seems that second transaction (that 0.0001 sent back from 3rd account) was a trigger for automatic script to complete ETH movement to a new wallet.

NEW TRANSACTIONS, again 0.0001:

https://etherscan.io/address/0xf886abf45d68611078b5f66d450f76beb1dd8234

This new 0.0001 transaction appeared exactly 3 hours after ETH balance movement.

IRC chat for BTC-e: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fegbox
July 29, 2017, 05:32:44 PM
Pages:
Jump to: