Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 91. (Read 199718 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
July 29, 2017, 12:40:01 PM
Everyone must to move BTC to Electrum or Core before the 1 of August.
Otherwise you can loose all your coins.

Agree with you.. better to move it to safest place..

Poloniex being shaddy from past few days. i wont be shocked if it becomes another BTC-e
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 29, 2017, 12:30:31 PM
I think we lost all. Would like everybody have his money back,but if we lost better than russian btce guys steal our money and not usa goverment,that they are the biggest thieves

are you out of your mind?
BTC-e has been sized because it was doing illegal business.
Or, at least, one of its head operator was.
They are responsible of all the money lost. And you also want to give them a hug? Smiley

If the coins have not been seized by Fed (as it seems for now)... they have to return them.
Otherwise they will be additionally charge of theft and fraud.

They cannot simply disappear with the money. And no one should wish this.
(unless you work at BTCe Wink )

As far As I can see, there are 3 options:
1). money has been seized. bye bye money.
2). btc-e still have all the money (at least the crypto assets) and they run for it. ---> They already have the feds on their tails. The feds would love to tear them all apart confirming that btc-e was "indeed an illegal operation". More arrests follow.
3). BTC-e dismisses the arrested guy. Pays the fine. Restores a mirror site, enforces rules, and gives back the money.

The third option will:
Keep most of BTC-e employers out of jail.
Restoring (although it takes time) the valuable business they had.
Return money to happy costumers that will praise their new god (btc-e).

We will see how it plays.
But please, stop wishing that Russian guys have steal the money Smiley

I said want money back,but if not back prefer steal russian btce that fucking usa that create all the problem to users
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
July 29, 2017, 12:26:22 PM
What IT devices were recovered from vinnik that had any link with btc-e?
mobile phones and laptops are not somewhere an exchange with such huge volume would store a cold wallet, and definitely not a guy would keep it with him while travelling around. It seems like feds did not get ahold of the coins or they would have bragged/talked about the number of btc//$$ confiscated. Must be the admins at btc-e who are still holding the coins, and in their position, its easier to do nothing and lay low, never to be seen again. Either way we will not be seeing our money. I dont blame btc-e and nor should you. They have no choice but to disappear with our money, because they can never use it, nor they can run btc-e again(thats inviting shitload of more trouble). I have lost $500 while not significant to someone of you, was a lot of money for me. Although I want them to resume so I could withdraw like I planned on withdrawing it last week. I don't feel we will see our money again. Its all speculation on what is happening right now.
BTC-E owners should refund all users ASAP else they are the one to be blamed.
Activity: 55
July 29, 2017, 12:25:26 PM
I think we lost all. Would like everybody have his money back,but if we lost better than russian btce guys steal our money and not usa goverment,that they are the biggest thieves

are you out of your mind?
BTC-e has been sized because it was doing illegal business.
Or, at least, one of its head operator was.
They are responsible of all the money lost. And you also want to give them a hug? Smiley

If the coins have not been seized by Fed (as it seems for now)... they have to return them.
Otherwise they will be additionally charge of theft and fraud.

They cannot simply disappear with the money. And no one should wish this.
(unless you work at BTCe Wink )

As far As I can see, there are 3 options:
1). money has been seized. bye bye money.
2). btc-e still have all the money (at least the crypto assets) and they run for it. ---> They already have the feds on their tails. The feds would love to tear them all apart confirming that btc-e was "indeed an illegal operation". More arrests follow.
3). BTC-e dismisses the arrested guy. Pays the fine. Restores a mirror site, enforces rules, and gives back the money.

The third option will:
Keep most of BTC-e employers out of jail.
Restoring (although it takes time) the valuable business they had.
Return money to happy costumers that will praise their new god (btc-e).

We will see how it plays.
But please, stop wishing that Russian guys have steal the money Smiley

Activity: 317
Merit: 12
July 29, 2017, 12:23:50 PM
It would be nice if they would allow us to move our funds to a new exchange. Let the btc-e name be dropped.

Basicly he open a new exchange which will cover losses for btc-e clients. Completely legal as far as I know.

All funds are not attached to 'btc-e' anyway, but to nameless wallets (there's no authority for crypto's) or third party company bank accounts (fiat).

They cant do that. They would have to give up on btc-e completely and give funds to users is a huge hassle if they cannot restore btc-e operations. A lot of people are holding fiat and btc-e guys need a legal way to resume the whole operation, or they simply cannot.
Activity: 116
Merit: 7
July 29, 2017, 12:15:35 PM
I'm also in the EU and I don't want the US gov to steal from us. :-/

mobile phones and laptops are not somewhere an exchange with such huge volume would store a cold wallet, and definitely not a guy would keep it with him while travelling around. It seems like feds did not get ahold of the coins or they would have bragged/talked about the number of btc//$$ confiscated. Must be the admins at btc-e who are still holding the coins, and in their position, its easier to do nothing and lay low, never to be seen again. Either way we will not be seeing our money. I dont blame btc-e and nor should you. They have no choice but to disappear with our money, because they can never use it, nor they can run btc-e again(thats inviting shitload of more trouble). I have lost $500 while not significant to someone of you, was a lot of money for me. Although I want them to resume so I could withdraw like I planned on withdrawing it last week. I don't feel we will see our money again. Its all speculation on what is happening right now.
$500 is still a considerable amount, a month's salary for a lot of people in this world. If it was $20-100 I might think otherwise, but in the hundreds it if enough to be large.
July 29, 2017, 12:08:58 PM
What about those who are having funds in BTC-e account?
will they get back or lost forever
99% lost
If thieves usa goverment take 100%
Hope russian btce control yet
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
July 29, 2017, 12:02:29 PM
What about those who are having funds in BTC-e account?
will they get back or lost forever
July 29, 2017, 12:01:36 PM

Agreed, feds getting access to btc-e wallets will be the last of it we will ever see. Only hope is btc-e going rogue but thats far fetched since it involves too much risk for the operators.
July 29, 2017, 12:00:05 PM
Activity: 56
July 29, 2017, 11:53:44 AM

In the press conference they talk about that the police man snatched the unlocked phone which lead to more details. And there are many rumors that Vinnik was not the main guy, but it is not really confirmed.
July 29, 2017, 11:47:49 AM
Activity: 32
July 29, 2017, 11:36:33 AM
RIght clearly people are getting a bit negative again, having potentially lost every fucking penny on some bullshit. But Lets get some perspective:

The Man wants a $100Million fine, why would they want a fine paid if they just take everyones funds? Shit don't make sense.

Heres the dream scenario: BTC-e negotiates a repayment scheme of $50mil and to comply with US regs. in return for the btc-e domain back and trading restart

That's good business right there.

Stop implement hope again. I have $200k in btce and I am consider it absolutely lost. Yes I will wait until the first week of August to erase that last doubt of return.

What reasons do you have for such little hope?

The arrst of Vinnik with tons of IT devices and afterwards, a few days later, the domain is gone. Maybe wallet keys, too? No communication of btce whatsoever. The whole fanatic USA justice league are after them. It looks absolutely not promising.

We don't know really about cold wallets, why nobody found them? There is this 66k wallet that is believed to be from coinbase, but, look at it, 66k btc divided into 20 btc parts moved around in to gigantic numbers of addresses, what the fuck? This could be a cold wallet of btce anyway.

I mean, why is there any reason for hope?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I know this is a lifechanging crisis for a lot of people. But it makes more sense for everyone if btc-e stays alive. The US gets a cut and can lay down the law and I'm sure btc-e wants to re-open and carry on earning legitimate money. These are smart people, and this isn't a hack.

Good business and smart negotiation will probably prevail. Hang in there guys

you seem one of the few people who gives some insight about all this, so you still think btce comes back alive?
At first i thought that picture of seized domain was fake, now im more and more believing it....
Activity: 356
Merit: 47
July 29, 2017, 11:13:36 AM
Whether btce received stolen coins from mtgox or not has nothing to do with the rest of our funds being frozen and probably stolen by the stupid us government.  They see cyrpto as a threat to the usd, and they know it.  This was one way to take out the hype.
Activity: 9
July 29, 2017, 11:03:31 AM
hi. i'm a miner i never deposit fiat in btce all my fund came from mining.
and like most of you i lost my fund
but i'am a bit disapointed most of you raging against u-s,you can disagree or you can agree with the method of fbi,but the fact is this shit never happend if btce take care of their customer.
He made us believe u-s citizen cant trade, but he lied.
he made us believe he had set up kyc with xbtce, but he lied verification never processed.
he made us believe it was legit but it was not.
how much of you go away if its was aware of this ?
and what about gox user and karpelles he ruined their life for 4 years.
dont be blind btce was not robin hood.
Activity: 34
July 29, 2017, 10:57:52 AM
I think we should put together all of those living in EU.

I think we should put together all of those living in Europe.

UK will exit EU soon, Switzerland isn't in the EU, but both are a part of Europe and both will have or already have contracts with the EU and both are or will be everything else than independent from the EU.

But: Why not just fill a class action in the USA with plaintiffs from all over the world?
Activity: 356
Merit: 47
July 29, 2017, 10:56:58 AM
Lost about 5k, initial investment was like 700-1000 last year, so I guess not that big of a deal.  Can't put ppc or nmc on my ledger nano so it was in there for a long time.  I'm pretty sure we are fucked.  Literally us government trying to steal our money.
Activity: 12
July 29, 2017, 10:50:56 AM
BTC-e still has our money.... they can easily contact every client via email and send their funds directly to the wallet addresses.  They have this choice.

Or may be we can just hire a law firm together and get our money back.

https://www.coindesk.com/8-2-million-court-orders-default-judgment-cryptsy-ceo/

xBTCe and Exmo are still operational.  They are owned by BTC-e owners.

Activity: 32
July 29, 2017, 10:47:49 AM
I think we should put together all of those living in EU.

France here.
SVK
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 29, 2017, 10:30:02 AM
Please also leave as many replies as you can under the comments secion there

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/111767-2/

We really need to consider a class action against both BTC-e and the FBI as none of them are safeguarding us....

BTC-E Huh
They didn't steal our money - murica did.
Pages:
Jump to: