Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 94. (Read 199718 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
July 29, 2017, 05:50:48 AM

Stupid petition.

How do you know that BTC-e was shutdown by the US government?

Just because the US issue a fine notice, doesn't mean they shut them down.

Well, there were press releases by various federal agencies where it was stated that they "took down" BTC-e. There is a takedown notice on their main site now. They didn't only issue the fine -- that was just FINCEN. The DOJ indicted BTC-e itself on two criminal counts: operating an unlicensed MSB and conspiracy to commit money laundering. So it is definitely more serious than a simple fine.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
July 29, 2017, 05:45:19 AM

Stupid petition.

How do you know that BTC-e was shutdown by the US government?

Just because the US issue a fine notice, doesn't mean they shut them down.

Activity: 96
Merit: 0
July 29, 2017, 05:33:00 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 29, 2017, 05:02:51 AM
If we are about rumors, personally I think the Mayszus Financial company owner is the real owner of btc-e or has at least very close connection to the owner(s) of btce. Likewise xbtce.com - they should know more than they say they know. Why would be your name xbtce and doing identity verifying for btce if you are not closely connected?!  Roll Eyes

Absolutely. Mayzus (also just acquired Okpay) has been doing their banking for several years now, and many people have suspected that they have an ownership stake in BTC-E, if they don't own them outright. Further, some contend that BTC-E was partly a front for Mayzus money laundering. Given the charges brought against BTC-E, I am honestly surprised there is no action against Mayzus, Okpay, etc.

I remember one Coindesk article (from maybe 2013?) where they asked Mayzus for comment on BTC-E bank wire delays, and their answer made it sound like they owned BTC-E. I wish I could find it now.

The xBTCe connection has always been obvious, but given how BTC-E has always organized itself (lots of shell companies and intermediaries, no banks in its own name or in its holding company name), it's impossible to tell. When they advertise xBTCe on their site and call them a "partner" and use them for verification services..... what does that really mean? I don't know, but it certainly always felt like the same people.
Activity: 56
July 29, 2017, 04:56:12 AM
If we are about rumors, personally I think the Mayszus Financial company owner is the real owner of btc-e or has at least very close connection to the owner(s) of btce. Likewise xbtce.com - they should know more than they say they know. Why would be your name xbtce and doing identity verifying for btce if you are not closely connected?!  Roll Eyes
Merit: 508
July 29, 2017, 04:55:13 AM
Well, I'm not saying there is a good outcome here. I don't think there will be. But I also don't think Vinnik is an owner, nor has access to BTC-E's storage. If you read the Russian forums, those who have been in contact with the owners and admins over the years -- none of them recognize this Vinnik. I don't think the owners would step foot in Greece, either.

They say, but is all rumors. I also think that the USA does not have the funds. The question is, if Vinnik was just a tech admin and an offshore company mule, would the other owner(s) just open btce for us? Now, at this time?

If it were just Vinnik's arrest, I'm sure they would. But by issuing a takedown of BTC-E.com, they are sending a very clear message to the owners that they will be hunted down. That's the most fucked up thing about this. If they couldn't seize any money, they pretty much guarantee that the owners of BTC-E will disappear with it. Trying to operate an open, public exchange with the FBI trying to shut you down and put you in prison for the rest of your lives? I'd like to think positively, but just, why? $100-200k profit/day can't be worth that risk, can it?
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
July 29, 2017, 04:54:18 AM

But this might all be irrelevant. What matters is that the feds want to shut down BTC-E. What the feds want, they usually get. Undecided

The corrupt American gov is virtually bankrupt, they will STEAL every dollar they can, like desperate thieves.

Still there is some hope left.

The "corrupt American gov' can print as much money as the like out of thin air via the Federal Reserve,  and the sheeple around the world will honor it.

What they are trying to do is close any method of exchange that doesn't involve on of their third parties, eg. a US bank. They want to control everything in the world. Crypto and cash transactions bypass that third party, so the only way to attack it is to go after exchanges, and ban cash.

Yeah but THAT train is about to come off the rails.  And when it does, the bankers that own the fed will be the only winners.
erk
Merit: 500
July 29, 2017, 04:49:43 AM

But this might all be irrelevant. What matters is that the feds want to shut down BTC-E. What the feds want, they usually get. Undecided

The corrupt American gov is virtually bankrupt, they will STEAL every dollar they can, like desperate thieves.

The "corrupt American gov' can print as much money as the like out of thin air via the Federal Reserve,  and the sheeple around the world will honor it.

What they are trying to do is close any method of exchange that doesn't involve on of their third parties, eg. a US bank. They want to control everything in the world. Crypto and cash transactions bypass that third party, so the only way to attack it is to go after exchanges, and ban cash.

July 29, 2017, 04:47:36 AM
Well, I'm not saying there is a good outcome here. I don't think there will be. But I also don't think Vinnik is an owner, nor has access to BTC-E's storage. If you read the Russian forums, those who have been in contact with the owners and admins over the years -- none of them recognize this Vinnik. I don't think the owners would step foot in Greece, either.

They say, but is all rumors. I also think that the USA does not have the funds. The question is, if Vinnik was just a tech admin and an offshore company mule, would the other owner(s) just open btce for us? Now, at this time?
July 29, 2017, 04:46:19 AM

Not only will they steal every dollar they can, but they will also steal all the crypto, and auction it back to the institutional investors/banksters. It's such a cruel joke, really.

Is there? Honestly, I'm trying to give up all hope so I can move on. I'm trying to think about this logically -- even if the owners have backups and funds are secure, is it really worth trying to relaunch? Fiat channels will be cut off, and the FBI will keep coming. Undecided
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
July 29, 2017, 04:41:08 AM

July 29, 2017, 04:36:55 AM
guyz, there is still hope. as far as i can see, they only got the fukin domain under control, thats it.

Yeah and you know how that probably happened?

FBI came visiting Vinnek in the prison, either hand over all data, plead guilty and get 20 years lowsec prison with visits by wife and child every day or 1000 million years Guantanamo without seeing your family again.

Look at his face and you know he signed within a second.

Activity: 317
Merit: 12
July 29, 2017, 04:27:16 AM
This is hilarious why would the DoJ let https site run while uploading a crap image on http that one has to jump through hoops to see it.

Yes, I know, right, but I see technically no way of changing the nameserver and the resolving IP of btc-e.com to shadowserver.org servers unless you own the dns and thus, the fake looking picture must come from shadowservero.org and why would they place it, if its not the real thing? They are the owner of libertyreserve.com too.

cant open btc-e. https error, can you post screenshot?
July 29, 2017, 04:21:58 AM
This is hilarious why would the DoJ let https site run while uploading a crap image on http that one has to jump through hoops to see it.

Yes, I know, right, but I see technically no way of changing the nameserver and the resolving IP of btc-e.com to shadowserver.org servers unless you own the dns and thus, the fake looking picture must come from shadowservero.org and why would they place it, if its not the real thing? They are the owner of libertyreserve.com too.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 29, 2017, 04:19:44 AM
this thread is somehow getting more and more toxic...

guyz, there is still hope. as far as i can see, they only got the fukin domain under control, thats it.

yes, im holding onto a straw, why shouldnt i?

lets be patient and wait until after august, and then escalate the shit out Smiley

Did you heard about Liberty Reserve, same thing happened with them they first block their domain and Liberty Reserve never came back online.
People lost lot's of their fund because it was one of trusted site. With this decision chances are very low that Btc-e will ever be back.
July 29, 2017, 04:14:02 AM

Yeah and you know how that probably happened?

FBI came visiting Vinnek in the prison, either hand over all data, plead guilty and get 20 years lowsec prison with visits by wife and child every day or 1000 million years Guantanamo without seeing your family again.

Look at his face and you know he signed within a second.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
July 29, 2017, 04:08:59 AM
You may quote Old Timer for this:

I am calling Bullshit on this copy paste MS paint job

If it is official then The Marx Brothers (respect) have been resurrected and given control of DoJ.

It has been done by the "NGO" shadowserver.org - if you look at the design of their website you will understand.

Why wouldn't there be an announcement in the relevant media.

I don't know if BTC-e will come back, but still calling Bullshit on this incident.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
July 29, 2017, 04:06:48 AM
this thread is somehow getting more and more toxic...

yes, im holding onto a straw, why shouldnt i?

lets be patient and wait until after august, and then escalate the shit out Smiley
July 29, 2017, 03:59:14 AM

If it is official then The Marx Brothers (respect) have been resurrected and given control of DoJ.

It has been done by the "NGO" shadowserver.org - if you look at the design of their website you will understand.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
July 29, 2017, 03:55:47 AM

Pages:
Jump to: