Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 96. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 28, 2017, 11:55:34 PM
RIght clearly people are getting a bit negative again, having potentially lost every fucking penny on some bullshit. But Lets get some perspective:

The Man wants a $100Million fine, why would they want a fine paid if they just take everyones funds? Shit don't make sense.

Heres the dream scenario: BTC-e negotiates a repayment scheme of $50mil and to comply with US regs. in return for the btc-e domain back and trading restart

That's good business right there.

Stop implement hope again. I have $200k in btce and I am consider it absolutely lost. Yes I will wait until the first week of August to erase that last doubt of return.

What reasons do you have for such little hope?

The arrst of Vinnik with tons of IT devices and afterwards, a few days later, the domain is gone. Maybe wallet keys, too? No communication of btce whatsoever. The whole fanatic USA justice league are after them. It looks absolutely not promising.

We don't know really about cold wallets, why nobody found them? There is this 66k wallet that is believed to be from coinbase, but, look at it, 66k btc divided into 20 btc parts moved around in to gigantic numbers of addresses, what the fuck? This could be a cold wallet of btce anyway.

I mean, why is there any reason for hope?
Activity: 13
July 28, 2017, 11:48:10 PM
RIght clearly people are getting a bit negative again, having potentially lost every fucking penny on some bullshit. But Lets get some perspective:

The Man wants a $100Million fine, why would they want a fine paid if they just take everyones funds? Shit don't make sense.

Heres the dream scenario: BTC-e negotiates a repayment scheme of $50mil and to comply with US regs. in return for the btc-e domain back and trading restart

Stop implement hope again. I have $200k in btce and I am consider it absolutely lost. Yes I will wait until the first week of August to erase that last doubt of return.

What reasons do you have for such little hope?

@bonker, good points.
July 28, 2017, 11:47:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
July 28, 2017, 11:43:48 PM
@bonker
I know that is the logic and I hope too, but all that is happening point on us being raped Sad
BTC-e don`t have interest to steal or dump our coins as its beyond insane
jma
Activity: 1
July 28, 2017, 11:42:43 PM
LISTEN

This is not a Mt.Gox situation. You will, one way or another, get your money back. The government has known about this for years.  I can almost guarantee you that the timing of this, given a number of recent events, is not coincidental.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
July 28, 2017, 11:40:27 PM

Activity: 13
July 28, 2017, 11:31:27 PM
$200,000 in BTC-E as well.. If our money is stolen by US gov that is so f'ing criminal.. Fingers crossed BTC-E will come thru like they always have in times of crisis. I have faith, but I may be biased..
Activity: 8
July 28, 2017, 11:24:22 PM
Yeah I feel sorry for everyone that has coins/fiat frozen with BTC-e now who are innocent traders like myself. BTC-e was quick, had great volume and was relatively hassle free well from my experience anyway. I'm just glad even though mine is not an inconsequential amount of coins it was not my life savings rather just an investment to play around with on the side. That doesn't mean this doesn't sting because it still does though.

Its not exactly condusive to making quick, good trades and pouncing on market fluctuations by having coins stored offline etc so I can fully understand why people store alot on exchanges and as mentioned the volume would be way lower.

So what recourse do we have here to try and recover our frozen coins/fiat. Any law experts want to weigh in? Still don't understand how they can legally just tar everyone from any country with the same brush and confiscate all coins/fiat.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
July 28, 2017, 11:07:00 PM

Thanks, now I really learnt my lesson. The $200k I lost is very well spent on that lesson, thanks again. Now you feeld good? I really hope so.

dude, this JUST KEEPS HAPPENING over and over and over again

when you got involved in BTC and invested 200 fucking large did you even bother to look into the history?

ffs

GTFO!
I just moved LTC for quick trade as I had thiked its best/fastest way to do it... and 300K is gone!!! (it was on exchange for full 3 days in past 2+ years in total!) you tell me to look in history, gox took rest 60BTC?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Cainbase sad my state is not supported, bitstamp had low volume for that kind of trade, okcoin banned internacinal ppl as me, so where di I go wrong!!!!!!!!
On poloniex I wait 90 days for level 3!

Then ppl say keep it offline, FFS it was 99.4% offline in my HW wallet and it happened!!

For anyone who say we are criminals and money washers!!! I say FUCK YOU!, mods if del better kill me!

I am everywhere AML/KYC verified! never cashed out a dime from crypto, never loundered a dime!!!!!! 5 years mining 24h all the shit coins and trading, whole my life gone!
Activity: 87
Merit: 11
July 28, 2017, 10:59:41 PM
People need to start using bitshares decentralized exchange or any decentralized exchange that can be created on Ether or NEO or whatever. Exchanges like BTC-e, should not be used for day trading but only cashing out for wire deposits/paypal etc...not even sure that would change anything really though. How much money will have to be lost before people used the decentralized exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 4398
diamond-handed zealot
July 28, 2017, 10:55:21 PM

Thanks, now I really learnt my lesson. The $200k I lost is very well spent on that lesson, thanks again. Now you feeld good? I really hope so.

dude, this JUST KEEPS HAPPENING over and over and over again

when you got involved in BTC and invested 200 fucking large did you even bother to look into the history?

ffs
July 28, 2017, 10:52:07 PM
Look,not trying to rub anyone,BUT......you NEVER keep more than you can lose on ANY exchange,online wallet or anywhere besides YOUR personal wallet on your PC  Roll Eyes

This has been common knowledge for YEARS.........sorry some folks lost sizeable amounts but the warnings have been mentioned many times.

I used BTC-E myself for the last 6 months,they allowed ANY amount of eth to be deposited where Polo would only allow a full eth coin deposit....no fractions at all.

But I traded my eth for btc & got out ASAP  Wink

I hope BTC-E comes back,cause frankly Polo is the only exchange left that trades eth for btc easily........& I like choices  Wink

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 28, 2017, 10:47:39 PM
Look,not trying to rub anyone,BUT......you NEVER keep more than you can lose on ANY exchange,online wallet or anywhere besides YOUR personal wallet on your PC  Roll Eyes

This has been common knowledge for YEARS.........sorry some folks lost sizeable amounts but the warnings have been mentioned many times.

I used BTC-E myself for the last 6 months,they allowed ANY amount of eth to be deposited where Polo would only allow a full eth coin deposit....no fractions at all.

But I traded my eth for btc & got out ASAP  Wink

I hope BTC-E comes back,cause frankly Polo is the only exchange left that trades eth for btc easily........& I like choices  Wink

I keep seeing this very basic idea, while it makes sense as far as keeping your coins safe, if everyone followed it there would be no trading what so ever on exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
July 28, 2017, 10:43:09 PM
Look,not trying to rub anyone,BUT......you NEVER keep more than you can lose on ANY exchange,online wallet or anywhere besides YOUR personal wallet on your PC  Roll Eyes

But I traded my eth for btc & got out ASAP  Wink

I hope BTC-E comes back,cause frankly Polo is the only exchange left that trades eth for btc easily........& I like choices  Wink
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
July 28, 2017, 10:30:40 PM
https://www.whois.com/whois/btc-e1.com

The support website still is under their control it seems.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
July 28, 2017, 10:28:49 PM
So far every story I have seen about this in the media just regurgitates the US government line that everyone using BTC-e was a criminal.  I think it might be helpful if one of the larger media outlets were to print a story about how many innocent people who have not only nothing to do with crime, but nothing even to do with the US, basically just had their cryptocurrency stolen by US authorities.  Right now far too many people already think that only criminals have anything to do with bitcoin.  The narrative of this story is basically right in line with the ongoing propaganda about bitcoin.  But the fact is that millions has been stolen from innocent people here and the thieves are going around patting themselves on the back and claiming to be the good guys.  Maybe we should be approaching media outlets with the truth.

I'm with you. But where do we start? We are just some small fish here.

TBH, I never expected this. I have known dozens of traders on BTC-E over the years -- I never thought of them as a "money laundering" operation but rather a legitimate exchange! Basically the only option for MT4, PAMM and the best API of any exchange around!

Due to recent circumstances around 1broker shutting down their BTCUSD market and Polo services being unreliable, I had more at risk on BTC-E than I would have otherwise. This will completely crush me.

Same here. I was trading on there as I considered it the most stable, quickest and most reliable service vs the others. So if the US seizes the funds from it, they can consider it as an upfront payment for my taxes for the next 5 years and go F themselves.

It is in no way, shape or form, used differently than any other stock exchange with the scumbags laundering money through etrade, TD ameritrade, scott trade, etc.. using shell companies and pink sheets.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
July 28, 2017, 10:22:51 PM
So far every story I have seen about this in the media just regurgitates the US government line that everyone using BTC-e was a criminal.  I think it might be helpful if one of the larger media outlets were to print a story about how many innocent people who have not only nothing to do with crime, but nothing even to do with the US, basically just had their cryptocurrency stolen by US authorities.  Right now far too many people already think that only criminals have anything to do with bitcoin.  The narrative of this story is basically right in line with the ongoing propaganda about bitcoin.  But the fact is that millions has been stolen from innocent people here and the thieves are going around patting themselves on the back and claiming to be the good guys.  Maybe we should be approaching media outlets with the truth.

TBH, I never expected this. I have known dozens of traders on BTC-E over the years -- I never thought of them as a "money laundering" operation but rather a legitimate exchange! Basically the only option for MT4, PAMM and the best API of any exchange around!

Due to recent circumstances around 1broker shutting down their BTCUSD market and Polo services being unreliable, I had more at risk on BTC-E than I would have otherwise. This will completely crush me.

I was pondering emailing this guy: https://arstechnica.com/author/timlee/
He wrote the story about it on ars. Not that arstechnica is that large of a media outlet but somewhere to start...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 28, 2017, 10:17:04 PM
Is it just me still getting the Cloudfare Error 522?
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 28, 2017, 10:14:01 PM

Pages:
Jump to: