Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner . - page 9. (Read 21885 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Presale is live!

What i should do Huh  Cry Cry Cry

Forget it ... Move on. This petition won't do jack shit. You lost all your money. I'm sorry, but seriously, it's not coming back, anyone with half a brain knows that right now, it's just wishful thinking... Why would anyone associated with this massive criminal enterprise risk starting it back up to "pay you innocent people"Huh Right.. Nobody. That's what  you get for using a shady ass bullshit exchange, sorry man.... Good luck, hope you can rebuild from scratch and recover but don't get your hopes up, this site is 100% done IMO... Sad  : (

It is so ridiculous, yet so true at the same time. Unfortunately, while they could open back up for a few days to allow withdraws, this will not happen. All of us lost our money, and it is yet another plague for the crypto economy after Mt. Gox, Cryptsy and now the oldest exchange BTC-e.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
If BTCe have secured their coins properly it should be hard for the FEDs to get their hands on the coins.

And it would also make it near impossible for users to get their coins back, if the site is shut down there is no reason for them to honor their debts to people who used their platform.

In my opinion the FEDs are more likely to pay back users money than the owner is at this point.

I disagree. Besides the government having absolutely no idea how cryptos work, when was the last time they decided to repay people after a seizure? There is no way they have any idea how an exchange works and it's probably too much work for them to return any amount of money. Exchanges being insanely complicated, how is it going to work if you're in FIAT when the exchange was seized? You would need to convert to BTC or need to receive a check from them. Do you think that's going to happen? Not only that if everyone converts from FIAT to BTC the price would crash on the exchange.

You're more then likely to get your money back from BTCe. BTCe already had plenty of opportunity to cut and run before the seizure, the seizure doesn't really change anything. We don't even know if their assets were even taken. There are plenty of ways for them to move them around, we're talking cryptos... That's like one of the biggest parts OF cryptos.

the govs know very well how it works. the forex companies are running since decades ago. the exchangers are the same.

the point is that most of the exchangers are out of law because they are not regulated like any other broker/trading company. so, before using exchangers like BTC-e, Kraken, Poloniex, Bitfinex, you should think twice.

also, i highly recommend you to find forex brokers which accept BTC (all of them have a history behind and are regulated) like :

https://www.plus500.com/

https://www.ig.com

www.fxcm.com/

http://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/range-of-markets/cryptocurrencies/bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
If BTCe have secured their coins properly it should be hard for the FEDs to get their hands on the coins.

And it would also make it near impossible for users to get their coins back, if the site is shut down there is no reason for them to honor their debts to people who used their platform.

In my opinion the FEDs are more likely to pay back users money than the owner is at this point.

I disagree. Besides the government having absolutely no idea how cryptos work, when was the last time they decided to repay people after a seizure? There is no way they have any idea how an exchange works and it's probably too much work for them to return any amount of money. Exchanges being insanely complicated, how is it going to work if you're in FIAT when the exchange was seized? You would need to convert to BTC or need to receive a check from them. Do you think that's going to happen? Not only that if everyone converts from FIAT to BTC the price would crash on the exchange.

You're more then likely to get your money back from BTCe. BTCe already had plenty of opportunity to cut and run before the seizure, the seizure doesn't really change anything. We don't even know if their assets were even taken. There are plenty of ways for them to move them around, we're talking cryptos... That's like one of the biggest parts OF cryptos.
Activity: 163
btc-e owner is fined with some millions exact amt i dont know , if the owner has that much of money he should happily bare it and start the exchange again with more legal laws and if the owner doesnt have that much money or has more criminal mind he will use peoples money in the exchange and gone forever .
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
Please sign the petition if you have account at BTCe

We want our money back from BTC-E

https://www.change.org/p/department-of-justice-we-want-our-money-back-from-btc-e

550 signatures so far and need to get to 1000

IMPORTANT : All Peoples that Lost money in BTC-E.com , Please Sign this petition :

https://www.change.org/p/department-of-justice-we-want-our-money-back-from-btc-e

I HAS Lost about 622,000 $ in this site, it was all My Money.. i had 622,000$ in 5 accounts for more security, it was the real money from my real work since 19 years ago. please help me Sad

Also you can send message to justice.gov :
https://www.justice.gov/contact-us

Please Help me, i lost all my life money there Cry

If that's true than a petition won't help. I'm sorry if you lost money but you do not simply keep your life savings in crypto not to mention an exchange. If you are a risk taker at least make sure you have the private keys and know what you are doing if you are trading with that capital.
Activity: 252
Merit: 123

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
They would not seize, they would friendly ask and chin. gov would size for them instantly. Not excatly a free country over there.

What if the OKCoin and Huobi guys are having powerful connections with the Chinese government? Anyway, why the Chinese authorities would allow such a seizure, when the Bitcoin exchanges such as Bitstamp and Kraken, which are based in the western nations are allowed to operate without any issues?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
I really feel sorry for everyone losing money here but please take 2 things into account:

1. it was kinda obvious that website was an unregulated exchange; poor contact details were a first sign
2. I would never keep more than $100 in an exchange regulated or not, I would simply exchange and bye bye
Activity: 462
Merit: 255
And those who now correctly blame btce for assisting criminals: the GOX theft is NOT even on the arrest warrent, it is wholly about this: A Bulgarian company, with Russian executive, living in Greece, bank accounts in Mongolia, is blamed for not being licensed in the USA!!!!!!!!!!

They could just as well arrest a Swiss Railway executive because they do not request ID from US customers when riding a train...

Or Saudi Arabia could request kidnapping a British bar owner on a vacation in Greece, because he served alcohol to Saudi citizens... Angry

it is not forbidden to serve Saudi citizens with alcohol Smiley

The idea is that a "financial" company must know the laws from the countries where they make their business.
you cannot claim in your defence that you don't know the law.

example : BTC-e accepted US citizens as clients. they accepted bank wires and they send bank wire to them. that means they made business within US according to FINCEN and they needed to be registered as MSB.

All operations happened on the territory of other countries.
With the same success it is possible to ban and close all online stores.

The fact that the United States wants to control every move of its citizens.
If they like let them ensure compliance with legislation.

People to follow only the laws of the country in which they live.
If the Papuans in the US will come up with a new law. On what basis do I have to comply?

I do not care what the laws in the United States.
Activity: 163
485705 eth were transferred from btc-e 10 hours ago to some other address which could be feds or theirs safe wallet .
legendary

IMPORTANT : All Peoples that Lost money in BTC-E.com , Please Sign this petition :

I HAS Lost about 622,000 $ in this site, it was all My Money.. i had 622,000$ in 5 accounts for more security, it was the real money from my real work since 19 years ago. please help me Sad

how can you keep you work since 19 years ago in a shit/anonymous exchanger? are you high or what?

it's a non-sense. Smiley

legendary
And those who now correctly blame btce for assisting criminals: the GOX theft is NOT even on the arrest warrent, it is wholly about this: A Bulgarian company, with Russian executive, living in Greece, bank accounts in Mongolia, is blamed for not being licensed in the USA!!!!!!!!!!

They could just as well arrest a Swiss Railway executive because they do not request ID from US customers when riding a train...

Or Saudi Arabia could request kidnapping a British bar owner on a vacation in Greece, because he served alcohol to Saudi citizens... Angry

it is not forbidden to serve Saudi citizens with alcohol Smiley

The idea is that a "financial" company must know the laws from the countries where they make their business.
you cannot claim in your defence that you don't know the law.

example : BTC-e accepted US citizens as clients. they accepted bank wires and they send bank wire to them. that means they made business within US according to FINCEN and they needed to be registered as MSB.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Forget it ... Move on. This petition won't do jack shit. You lost all your money. I'm sorry, but seriously, it's not coming back, anyone with half a brain knows that right now, it's just wishful thinking... Why would anyone associated with this massive criminal enterprise risk starting it back up to "pay you innocent people"Huh Right.. Nobody. That's what  you get for using a shady ass bullshit exchange, sorry man.... Good luck, hope you can rebuild from scratch and recover but don't get your hopes up, this site is 100% done IMO... Sad  : (

Activity: 129
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
imagine: a US company, call them ACME, has Greek customers...and Greece would come up with a nutty law, how companies all over the world have to deal with Greek customers and fuck them (for instance, take DNA sample or implant ID chip or whatever).

Sure enough US company ACME would not do that. They obey US laws but not Greek laws. So Greece kidnaps ACME executives and seizes ACME's funds.

They would probably receive a declaration of war in return.

There are over 1000 countries on the planet. A company would have to obey the local laws of 1000 countries, in order to do business over the internet with foreigners.

FUCKING INSANE AND TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Only the largest criminal org. in this world has the power to enforce this madness: USA

Swiss banks, LR, Kim Dotcom, the list goes on and on and on. Right now they are trying to sabotage North Stream pipeline, using the same logic, to shove their fracking crap upon EU consumers....EU and rest of the world must start viewing US govt. as what they are, and stop extradition and cooperation, whenever it comes to extraterritorial application of US law.
Activity: 238
Funny if this was a real life bank they couldn't actually do something like this.

If they seized BTCE it's essentially a LEGAL bank heist. While the owner might've been doing something illegal, there are plenty of people with assets on BTCE who are doing completely legal things. You can't just take everyone's money from a bank and then not give two shits. That's actually worse then whatever the owner was doing. Since government knows almost nothing about cryptos I'm sure people involved who are just normal users are never getting their assets back and it'll be sold for a fraction of the price at some sort of weird ass impromptu local auction.

But cause it's crypto, it's legal or something. I guess that's the kinda world we live in right now.

True. They ,federals told that all BTC circulated on this exchange is an object to investigation,because all this BTC comes from hacked MtGox.

Cool story,very simple and for average Joe sounds like true.

But ofc its bullshit, BTCE weakness was like it operated in 3rd country by citizen of 3rd country.

Vinnik and his business was not protected by residence country.

I mean USA cant just seize for example Huobi or OKCoin which is operated by China citizens in China. I doubt they could seize servers from Vinnik if they were in Russia.

So BTCE was in fact shady and this allow federals to act in full power. Vinnik a citizen of Russia operated server in Bulgaria.

this is how he is now without protection from any of those lands.
Activity: 238
WizSec has published enough evidence to link Vinnik with the Mt Gox robbery.

I saw only drawing made in Adobe.

Yes it is cool drawing. I can make more like that.

Its no evidence,but I guess american court will be pushed by federals to get Vinnik guilty.

We still have a small hope from Greece side. Maybe he will be not extradicted.

Its a lot of money and government sized only domain name. Its basicaly is chance to reanimate Btce founds if Vinnik will be free. But sounds unrealisticly.
Pages:
Jump to: