Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner . - page 12. (Read 21885 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
When Liberty Reserve was shut down, apparently you were supposed to contact the office of the lead prosecutor to get your money back. I suppose it'll be similar in this case (if the Feds actually took the money rather than the remaining btc-e operators). You can probably expect them to demand every shred of info you possess, though...

For the millionth time, you should not store money in Bitcoin banks! They get shut down, they get hacked, their owners run away with the money, etc. When you have money in an account like this, you should think of it as basically already gone -- maybe you'll be able to withdraw it, but until you actually do, it's someone else's money.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I doubt it ^. Fiat is used for corruption just the same. I think it's fantastic to see the crypto world not really get affected by btc-e like it would have say 3-4 years ago (price would have definitely gox'd).
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
BTC-e shit is down     LOL  

I warned about BTC-e(and many like them) since years ago... Smiley    

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-suspect-idUSKBN1AB1VR

BTC value will drop for sure  Smiley
If the owner of this website was arrested, I think it bodes bad news for the entire bitcoin community, what if the government suddenly decides to bust other exchanges. I believe a time will come that governments will outlaw the uses of bitcoins due to money laundering and its use for other vices.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
If there servers are in Russia there's a good chance they're moving them.  I'm really hoping for everyone in my situation.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
At first I received this news, I dared not believe it and thought it was a false news
But when I realized it was the right news to see it on national television, I was so upset, 80% of my Bitcoin was there, if the wedsite closed forever I would cry a lot.
God, hope something good comes back

If it makes you feel any better I, and a good friend of mine, lost over a million worth in Gox, and we have recovered.

We continued to invest, mine, and limit how much we keep in exchanges, hence only losing $30k in this one.

Start searching multi millionaires and billionaires and look at how many times they've gone bankrupt, lost everything, and bounced back to get to where they are today.

Keep your head up. They can take your money, but remember what's truly important. Family, friends, etc..

Hit the gym hard. Do things that they can't take from you.

Stay posted. This will be a long drawn out process but there may be hope to get your coins back.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
what people should think about it's that many other exchangers are in the same position as BTC-e .

do not use unlicensed exchangers or use them and don't complain if your funds will be lost or seized Smiley

few of these exchangers are based in USA. they are next.

Seemingly not all other exchanges kept washin' stolen Mt.Gox Bitcoins.

I think that's been a rather rare case, wouldn't it be? What do you think?
Activity: 271
$30k hit here.

Hurts, but only a fraction of what I lost in Gox.

Guess I should've learned my lesson.

At work so haven't gone through this thread yet. I guess I'll have to get posted on the class action thing or claim process for this one as well.

If it hasn't been posted in this thread yet had anyone started any planning?

Thanks
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I got my account blocked 3 weeks prior to BTCE GOX for getting my email hacked.  All I wanted was to get my money out of there asap.  I lost all my funds. Not much but 5k still hurts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2040510.new#new
Activity: 224
At first I received this news, I dared not believe it and thought it was a false news
But when I realized it was the right news to see it on national television, I was so upset, 80% of my Bitcoin was there, if the wedsite closed forever I would cry a lot.
God, hope something good comes back
Activity: 462
this is viral now on all crypto community. If money cannot back from all traders expect a blood for all crypto since BTC-e is top 10 in all trading site in the world and have a high volume of BTC.  the most worst part of scenario here is dump from Ether know I actually hitting us  and I know 1 on the most popular investment trading site have invested money here.  But let's some little bit of hope cause the founder/owner arrested
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
they will be back in 5-10 days according to their latest tweet, i don't think they will be coming back. rip btce.

Update2: Ha дaнный мoмeнт вeдyтcя paбoты пo вoccтaнoвлeнию paбoты cepвиca. Пpимepныe cpoки oт 5 дo 10 днeй. Cпacибo зa пoнимaниe #btce

translation
At the moment, work is underway to restore the service. Approximate time of 5 to 10 days. Thank you for understanding #btce

I wonder if they want down on purpose to keep all BTC there so they can withdraw the BCC under their own addresses.

Because if they let everyone take their BTCout now they wouldn't make as much BCCfrom taking everyones.

Interesting!

i got like 3ETHlocked up there... not much, but I hope i get it back.

their clients will see no funds back. let's cut the shit with sci-fi scenarios that BTC-e will be back and so on Smiley

the owners that are still free, will take the pot and they will live the rest of their lives without doing nothing (only eat, drink, girls and vacations)
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
they will be back in 5-10 days according to their latest tweet, i don't think they will be coming back. rip btce.

Update2: Ha дaнный мoмeнт вeдyтcя paбoты пo вoccтaнoвлeнию paбoты cepвиca. Пpимepныe cpoки oт 5 дo 10 днeй. Cпacибo зa пoнимaниe #btce

translation
At the moment, work is underway to restore the service. Approximate time of 5 to 10 days. Thank you for understanding #btce

I wonder if they want down on purpose to keep all BTC there so they can withdraw the BCC under their own addresses.

Because if they let everyone take their BTCout now they wouldn't make as much BCCfrom taking everyones.

Interesting!

i got like 3ETHlocked up there... not much, but I hope i get it back.
Activity: 462
Merit: 255
Sadly these kind of news are very bad for bitcoin & altcoin reputation. Now lot of Russian people will be biased about cryptocurrencies. And lot of people lost money.

The exchange is a trifle!
America wants that all it was her! Russia is a different country. She and America can take!

http://www.rosbalt.ru/world/2017/07/28/1634374.html

So stock up on popcorn and watch... 
Activity: 475
Presale is live!
Sadly these kind of news are very bad for bitcoin & altcoin reputation. Now lot of Russian people will be biased about cryptocurrencies. And lot of people lost money.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
If BTC blockchain was like XMR blockchain...

BTC should not worry about stupid scaling, but about privacy. A hardfork to a privacy layer is what's needed. Wink

Exactly,
Privacy is the next must step in Bitcoin improvements.

It is allready enough VISA to show all my cup of coffees and cheese cakes in monthly overview.

Again same shit with BTC?

No. Thanks.

Do we need a hardfork to implement CT (confidential transactions) to Bitcoin or Segwit alone is fine?

do not use VISA if you don't like it. Smiley
Activity: 238
I think this is somehow connected to present russian-american sanction war.

Bitcoin is a great opportunity for business to bypass all political shit.

And they decided to interupt this ability too.

It is not connected to MtGox or money laundry.
Its pure bullshit with vector drawings in Adobe which shows no evidence.

Exactly. It looks like people who had money in BTC-e, will lose them just thanks to those political fake "justice" actions.
Mt.Gox was hacked, so people lost money due to criminals' activity.
BTC-e got 'hacked' by officials, so innocent people (the ones who were just trading on that platform) are going to lose money because of governmental activity.

This is one more attack on people's freedom, and an attempt from US to get the whole world under control.

Where are people getting the information from that the government is going to confiscate these coins indefinately?

I lost more NMC here than I'd like to. I'll live but still it feels like a gut shot. Not counting on getting it back, but I'd like to see some confirmations about this rather than people just chanting its lost.

Also, the 4 billion is not what is laundered perse. It states that it is the amount of money the exchange handled during their time of operation as far as I understand.
do u think that gov will give users back their money . lollllllllll

Maybe Vinnik have somethng like time-login, when you need to enter code in precise time and if system do not get password timely than format c:/

Maybe his server have selfprotection mechanisms.

Thats why its very little hope that BTCE will comeback.Well atleast it was profit  BTCs thats I lost from XRP rise..
Anyway I dont find its good when government can make such a move. They dont ask me about my money, from monthly salary which I got working hard.Thats shit.

They try to help MtGox victims and got new victims from BTCE . Double Trouble now.

Also I doubt that they will return money to MTGox victim's.

Its only politics. I bet it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Saw this coming a mile off!  

Honestly is buying drugs online the "fairly tale" that people think?  We still got mobs and gangsters controlling it.. running shady exchanges to "launder" the money when it goes belly up. who loses out?  again.. the bitcoin user....

Ill write this now and relate to it when it happens..

over the next months we will no doubt see many more exchanges. trading platforms that are well known and hold a lot of funds shut down. be shut down / raided,  shut down and claim hack then vanish!

There more that one or two exchanges I think are running the same kind of operation...

Be warned.. don't leave money out in the open.. Its the wild west again...
Activity: 238
If BTC blockchain was like XMR blockchain...

BTC should not worry about stupid scaling, but about privacy. A hardfork to a privacy layer is what's needed. Wink

Exactly,
Privacy is the next must step in Bitcoin improvements.

It is allready enough VISA to show all my cup of coffees and cheese cakes in monthly overview.

Again same shit with BTC?

No. Thanks.

Do we need a hardfork to implement CT (confidential transactions) to Bitcoin or Segwit alone is fine?
Activity: 182
Merit: 111
decentralised exchange
Exist only one - SYSCOIN.
All other is centralised scam.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
I was using BTC-e to buy altcoins and now I feel I shouldn't keep any altcoins on exchanges. I currently have some on bittrex and bitfinex. The thing is, if I wanted to put my OMGs offline I wouldn't know where to begin with. They don't even have a wallet for it.

How do you guys keep your altcoins safe?

There have been several threads for this purpose scattered all over the forum in places that matter. You can use electrum though because you get to have the private key of your wallet. Its never safe to keep funds on exchnage sites and there is even a popular saying that you keep what you can afford to lose on exchange because they are targets of attacks at any reasonable time and this site are vulnerable as well.

Thanks for your answer, I'll look around. I deleted my original message because using OMG was a bad example (I could just use my Trezor hardwallet). I keep my BTC, LTC and ETH offline, but when you have dozens of altcoins it's a pain in the ass. I think I'm going to try coinomi in an android VM to start with.
Pages:
Jump to: