Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner . - page 11. (Read 21885 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
What is interesting is fact that Wikipedia article about BTC-e is already updated. It is a great way for people who like to get consolidated information of what happened.
The most important part: "The BTC-e website is offline since 25 July 2017, following the arrest of BTC-e operator Alexander Vinnik. Vinnik was arrested in Greece."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTC-e

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I just learned that was a phish email...lol. feckin criminals...
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Btc- e customers just got the email we needed!!

Hello dear customer,

due to the recent circumstances our website is permanently suspended, and we have been recieving complaints about the clients wallets destiny.
we want to assure you that we hired a trusty company that will retrieve your wallets, but considering the amount of the clients we have this process will take some time.
if you want to make your request with higher priority you should pay the company's fee which is 0,017 BTC............
make sure to send your username to our clients email : ................

Thank you for your understanding and for any more details we are more happy to help!

BTC-E Clients Support

Well I haven't received any type of notification like this and they don't post it up on their Twitter feed.

Where did you receive this information from?

Thanks
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Omg seems 2nd exchange gonna loose people funds Mt.gox !

this is sad , rip to everyones funds feeel bad .
Activity: 163
i don't get it!
this has NOTHING to do with btc-e!!!

someone arrested some criminal in some unrelated country (Russia) and you say it is btc-e owner related.

BTC-E is not even a Russian exchange Shocked

lol btc-e operator is russian
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
The U.S government is literally the biggest crime organization I have ever seen on my life. I'm afraid that there will be no refunds at this point and the 5-10 days maintenance crap they was spreading was only to gain some time and now and the domain has been seized and BTC-E not twitting about it makes me think that they are gone. Hopefully, this will teach people (again) to not store their funds on exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Hi, Lost 22  BTC and 5 K USD sitting there... When government arrest of what they designed criminals and create more victims in the process...  Roll Eyes

The need of decentralized exchanges and privacy technologies such as Confidential Transactions and CoinJoin is urgent not that stupid blocksize increase !

I am with that. The next milestones should go along that, and bitcoin is behind shedule so far.

Partially it's our own fault for beeing so focused on sites and reputation. Just there isn't any reliable measure scale for reputation at all, as seen interference from third parties can twart all of that anyway. Old exchange, long term survivor, and now gone.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

Hello dear customer,

due to the recent circumstances our website is permanently suspended, and we have been recieving complaints about the clients wallets destiny.
we want to assure you that we hired a trusty company that will retrieve your wallets, but considering the amount of the clients we have this process will take some time.
if you want to make your request with higher priority you should pay the company's fee which is 0,017 BTC............

Thank you for your understanding and for any more details we are more happy to help!

BTC-E Clients Support

Oh yeah, 2 post account knows. Make sure to send .017BTC to his account to expedite this process.

Hello dear customer,

BTC-E Clients Support

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Hopefully we are able to withdraw the money stored in that exchange,this is the problem we have to encounter in the crypto platform because we never know whether they are doing legitimate business or not,it is really a sad thing to digest these things.
I recommend you should forget this money if still want have happy when working =)). In past time FBI have been doing this with LR and the holder, exchanger this coin loss old their money. So, the history will repeat and all money of user in BTC-e can't refund Tongue

As much as we want to give people who have funds in BTC-e a encouragement or hope that their money can be refunded, it is not. Forget it, there is a ongoing case against the owner and I'm sure the authorities will freeze all the funds in their server. So I doubt that your funds will be ever refunded to you. And BTC-e will not going back online any time soon. So just drop the idea. This is another lessons learned for those people who have funds in a exchange. It is not safe to sit your coins their. How many times do we need to tell people about it? You should learn it from the Mt. Gox heist. Just put money that you can afford to an exchange and just put some for trading purposes only.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
Hopefully we are able to withdraw the money stored in that exchange,this is the problem we have to encounter in the crypto platform because we never know whether they are doing legitimate business or not,it is really a sad thing to digest these things.
I recommend you should forget this money if still want have happy when working =)). In past time FBI have been doing this with LR and the holder, exchanger this coin loss old their money. So, the history will repeat and all money of user in BTC-e can't refund Tongue
I think people might be misunderstanding all that is

happening.  I don't think this has happened in any of

the crypto exchanges until now but people seem to

be taking the news as if the owners ran off with the

money or the exchange went insolvent or the cold

storage wallets were hacked which isn't the case this

time -  that's when for sure you know you lost

money. This is about a legal issue and how the site

was used by criminals around the world without the

owners trying to prevent it or laying out better

security. The FBI decided to arrest the owner

because they were not being more responsible about

letting criminal activity take place on the exchange.

The media and law enforcement made management

look worse the what they are because some people

were using there site as a gateway for illicit activity.

I've been using BTCe since early 2013 and know

management is better than what they are saying.

That's my opinion. But as for the money I think we

should be able to withdraw sometime in the near

future but it might be weeks or months away.
Activity: 168
I, like all ppl here, is losting btc/funding more or less from BTC-E now( 150K $ ). Someone like me are innocent of criminal, we just buy and sell for investment.

Actually, I used btc-e since 2014, never think it would shut down like today. Last month I deposited 150K to BTC-E, and waited to buy at the lower price.  However, when I want to buy/sell 4 days ago, I realized that some bad thing happen. But I still think BTC-E will handle since i used some years.

I still have hope.

I still have to live in real life and do what I should do.

^ 150K damn - That is quite unfortunate I feel for you. I went through a lot with them in their early days but stopped using them once the other exchanges started to hit.. Hope you recover from this.
Activity: 2
I, like all ppl here, is losting btc/funding more or less from BTC-E now( 150K $ ). Someone like me are innocent of criminal, we just buy and sell for investment.

Actually, I used btc-e since 2014, never think it would shut down like today. Last month I deposited 150K to BTC-E, and waited to buy at the lower price.  However, when I want to buy/sell 4 days ago, I realized that some bad thing happen. But I still think BTC-E will handle since i used some years.

I still have hope.

I still have to live in real life and do what I should do.
Activity: 57
$30k hit here.

Hurts, but only a fraction of what I lost in Gox.

Guess I should've learned my lesson.

At work so haven't gone through this thread yet. I guess I'll have to get posted on the class action thing or claim process for this one as well.

If it hasn't been posted in this thread yet had anyone started any planning?

Thanks

Hi, Lost 22  BTC and 5 K USD sitting there... When government arrest of what they designed criminals and create more victims in the process...  Roll Eyes

The need of decentralized exchanges and privacy technologies such as Confidential Transactions and CoinJoin is urgent not that stupid blocksize increase !
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Every user knows the truth behind this exchange. You take risks if you agonna to trade on this exchange. So no more excuses pls Wink

Yeah I don't see anyone getting anything back, ever.  I realize it sucks, but it's the price you pay risking your BTC on shady exchanges. Roll Eyes
Activity: 446
CAT.EX Exchange

Every user knows the truth behind this exchange. You take risks if you agonna to trade on this exchange. So no more excuses pls Wink
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
When Liberty Reserve was shut down, apparently you were supposed to contact the office of the lead prosecutor to get your money back. I suppose it'll be similar in this case (if the Feds actually took the money rather than the remaining btc-e operators). You can probably expect them to demand every shred of info you possess, though...

For the millionth time, you should not store money in Bitcoin banks! They get shut down, they get hacked, their owners run away with the money, etc. When you have money in an account like this, you should think of it as basically already gone -- maybe you'll be able to withdraw it, but until you actually do, it's someone else's money.

Well they said they will give money back to users but they never did. I've lost approx 8000 USD in liberty reserve but In this case I don't think they have seized btc-e bitcoins or any other currency. Their cold wallet might be in a safe place, but bitcoins are moved I guess.

However in any case I am pretty sure that no one will get anything back.

Activity: 291
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001
I got my account blocked 3 weeks prior to BTCE GOX for getting my email hacked.  All I wanted was to get my money out of there asap.  I lost all my funds. Not much but 5k still hurts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2040510.new#new
As soon as I saw your post it bought back memories of Mt.Gox.
Funny how you mention it in the same breath as this BTC-e incident they have now.
Wasn't it the same guy who stole from Mt.Gox or who had ties with it as well?
Pages:
Jump to: