Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner . - page 10. (Read 21885 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Funny if this was a real life bank they couldn't actually do something like this.

If they seized BTCE it's essentially a LEGAL bank heist. While the owner might've been doing something illegal, there are plenty of people with assets on BTCE who are doing completely legal things. You can't just take everyone's money from a bank and then not give two shits. That's actually worse then whatever the owner was doing. Since government knows almost nothing about cryptos I'm sure people involved who are just normal users are never getting their assets back and it'll be sold for a fraction of the price at some sort of weird ass impromptu local auction.

But cause it's crypto, it's legal or something. I guess that's the kinda world we live in right now.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
At first I was upset and thinking that the Americans have overstepped their jurisdiction. But now it seems that they were right in arresting Alexander Vinnik. WizSec has published enough evidence to link Vinnik with the Mt Gox robbery.

But in the process of busting up some money laundering from 2012 (I don't see actual evidence or charges of computer intrusion, just links to stolen inputs), they have basically guaranteed massive customer losses for the exchange's user base. And given that the feds basically painted the entire customer base as criminals, it doesn't sound like there is going to be any recovery for victims--even if they did seize funds, and they made no announcement of that.

And if they didn't seize funds, it's just lose-lose for everyone. Because what makes the most sense, unfortunately, is for the owners to go into hiding and exit scam. Trying to relaunch with fiat channels cut off and an FBI target on your back? That's just not sensible.

It's pretty embarrassing for the feds if they couldn't recover any money from all this...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
This behaviour  has to change, i dont support the abusive USA does forces into any situation, but at this stage for bitcoin is very important that criminals go jail, and a lot people does remember Mt Gox robbery and lost a lot with those and no one were able to find the destiny, since i do believe a mixer service has been used, the punishement to this guy will be an example.

many other exchangers are doing the same. check their websites and see if most of them are regulated.

check the so called "important ones". you will find 4-5 which are in good standing... the rest of them are like BTC-e.

there is only one way to make them disappear, do not use them.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
This behaviour  has to change, i dont support the abusive USA does forces into any situation, but at this stage for bitcoin is very important that criminals go jail, and a lot people does remember Mt Gox robbery and lost a lot with those and no one were able to find the destiny, since i do believe a mixer service has been used, the punishement to this guy will be an example.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
At first I was upset and thinking that the Americans have overstepped their jurisdiction. But now it seems that they were right in arresting Alexander Vinnik. WizSec has published enough evidence to link Vinnik with the Mt Gox robbery.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
This is a very sad situation, they are shaking the confidence of bitcoine, but still at the level of $ 2700, the thief is caught in Greece, I will receive a heavy penalty.

There was $ 4,000 on my account. I thought it is DDoS attack, until 1 August. It was the oldest site I trust.

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
I'm glad these crooks are getting arrested. I do hope however that the police will ensure people can get their coins back so they aren't stuck on a dead exchange.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
this is so much sad man! Sad

they've  got a reason , but they cannot take innocent peoples money! or who knows whose innocent ?

damn cruel world
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
Sad Sad Sad Cry guys are there any way to get those money back  ? my years hard earned money is there  Cry Cry , all my freelancing projects , all sleepless night's fees gone  Sad Sad what to do now ? I kept there all bitcoin for trading to increase them  Cry Cry .. now i am lost , crying 

NO. there is no way.

The question is : why did you use a such exchanger instead of a licensed one? Smiley
Activity: 252
What about people who have FIAT Currency on BTC-E, will they loose it? Imagine you have 100K over there  Huh ?
Activity: 78
Yet bankofamerica.com and us.hsbc.com are still up after laundering $billions for the most brutal narco cartels in the world.

Weird huh?
Activity: 252
How valid could be filing up a lawsuit against USA officials? I've heard they did seized BTC-e site against the law, since BTC-e supposedly did not operate on their servers.
Then they have too free Vinnik, if that is true.
Activity: 77
Merit: 4
How valid could be filing up a lawsuit against USA officials? I've heard they did seized BTC-e site against the law, since BTC-e supposedly did not operate on their servers.
Activity: 462
Merit: 255
Fuck the American government!
Let in Texas in command - if there's a lot of sheep !

I'm on this exchange lost 5.4 rubles.
Give freedom and democracy.

The freedom of circulation of funds!

Let the sheep from Texas taxes they pay!!!
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Please sign the petition if you have account at BTCe

We want our money back from BTC-E

https://www.change.org/p/department-of-justice-we-want-our-money-back-from-btc-e

550 signatures so far and need to get to 1000

this is what I can do now  Sad
Activity: 84
BTC-e shit is down     LOL  

I warned about BTC-e(and many like them) since years ago... Smiley    

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-idUSKBN1AB1OP

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-russia-arrest-suspect-idUSKBN1AB1VR

BTC value will drop for sure  Smiley

Bitcoin price has gone up since the BTC-e news. I can't believe it. I thought it would go down too, but apparently not.

I still think it crashes hard down to $1,000 over the long term. This level of growth is simply unsustainable.
Activity: 37
Btc- e customers just got the email we needed!!

Hello dear customer,

due to the recent circumstances our website is permanently suspended, and we have been recieving complaints about the clients wallets destiny.
we want to assure you that we hired a trusty company that will retrieve your wallets, but considering the amount of the clients we have this process will take some time.
if you want to make your request with higher priority you should pay the company's fee which is 0,017 BTC............
make sure to send your username to our clients email : ................

Thank you for your understanding and for any more details we are more happy to help!

BTC-E Clients Support

Well I haven't received any type of notification like this and they don't post it up on their Twitter feed.

Where did you receive this information from?

Thanks

I got the same email as CryptoBit1 quoted except it contained an address to send the 0.017 to.  I've had an account at btc-e for a few years but didn't use it much until recently a little bit.  I was just logging in the day the "maintenance" started to withdraw the 0.11 BTC I had there.  Sad

Anyway, I just got that fake email from "BTC-E Clients Support" this morning.  It's obviously a scam, but I'm curious as to how they got my email.
Activity: 21
 Sad Sad Sad Cry guys are there any way to get those money back  ? my years hard earned money is there  Cry Cry , all my freelancing projects , all sleepless night's fees gone  Sad Sad what to do now ? I kept there all bitcoin for trading to increase them  Cry Cry .. now i am lost , crying 
Activity: 238
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6q73yq/btce_seized_by_us_government/

From those who try to enter BTC-E website from USA IP you can see  page that site is seized by US government  Cheesy

From europe IP still maintaince site or untrasted connection page.

Its nonsense I never saw something like that before, they seized website of 3rd country, they have power to do that and noone can stop them from world crime.

Did you imagine if USA seize China exchanges like OKCoin or Huobi??? Its sound unrealisticly.

Why then they sized BTC-E? Which operated from Europe.

Now all that being said, the US has no right to take down a foreign exchange for not following US AML/KYC laws because well, it's not an American exchange.(c) 2016cubs

Its bullshit and now we have a new victims from not the hackers, but from US states government!

Activity: 5
Please sign the petition if you have account at BTCe

We want our money back from BTC-E

https://www.change.org/p/department-of-justice-we-want-our-money-back-from-btc-e

550 signatures so far and need to get to 1000

Pages:
Jump to: