Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC in your country - page 38. (Read 44503 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
May 21, 2015, 03:38:22 AM
many people  hold it, but few of them trade with it.
Activity: 333
May 21, 2015, 02:22:33 AM
 The Republic of China is a very interesting country.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
May 21, 2015, 12:24:16 AM
I live in Canada, and aside from a couple friends, I don't know anyone that knows about or cares about bitcoin.  I also haven't seen any retailers accepting it.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
May 20, 2015, 10:28:45 PM
I live in Japan.
Doing good after the Mt. Gox collapse, some exchanges are building up, we even have Kraken here now !
A few ATM in Tokyo and Osaka.
Activity: 266
May 20, 2015, 10:19:59 PM
Bitcoin is growing very well in my country Smiley

even in our country have a large exchanger

there we can trade bitcoin with our country's currency

but in my real life, not much people who's know about bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
May 20, 2015, 02:30:12 PM
Nothing to say  Sad There is lack of/in peoples only know about bitcoin and very few peoples only using bitcoins. But the thing is, still have some exchanges are exist in my country INDIA  Roll Eyes
And in my personal experience, if i want let to know my friends about BTC, they simply said not interested  Huh

~Rude Boy
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
May 20, 2015, 02:21:12 PM
I’m from Australia. A lot of my acquaintances have hear about BTC, but almost no one use it because they think bitcoin is a scum or they don’t understand it.

I once told my Economics teacher about bitcoin and she ended up asking me whether it is a scam or not. I told her about the coin's price volatility, the ATH that happened on November 2013, and the bad stuff about it among others. She couldn't comprehend to the technical stuff about bitcoins so I went on explaining it the noob way. Different stuffs, concepts, pros and cons about bitcoins and in the end, she'll end up asking if it's a scam or not. Sad Maybe people aren't ready yet on accepting new things and concepts that are against the norms of this society.

I think there are too much easy money out there like ponzi and everthing that come out suddenly or if they havent heard before they will relate it to ponzi so nowadays people is lack of believing things like bitcoin too. I ever asked my friend about this bitcoin since he never heard it before and he started to say this scam and everytime I play or post something he will force me not to play this again. So I think we need to change their mindset about what bitcoin is

yeah actually i was liked that before know bitcoin. My friend always told me what the bitcoin is and anything we can do with that, and I just say nerd nerd blah blah. And now, here I am with whole bitcoin users.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 20, 2015, 02:14:31 PM
I’m from Australia. A lot of my acquaintances have hear about BTC, but almost no one use it because they think bitcoin is a scum or they don’t understand it.

I once told my Economics teacher about bitcoin and she ended up asking me whether it is a scam or not. I told her about the coin's price volatility, the ATH that happened on November 2013, and the bad stuff about it among others. She couldn't comprehend to the technical stuff about bitcoins so I went on explaining it the noob way. Different stuffs, concepts, pros and cons about bitcoins and in the end, she'll end up asking if it's a scam or not. Sad Maybe people aren't ready yet on accepting new things and concepts that are against the norms of this society.

I think there are too much easy money out there like ponzi and everthing that come out suddenly or if they havent heard before they will relate it to ponzi so nowadays people is lack of believing things like bitcoin too. I ever asked my friend about this bitcoin since he never heard it before and he started to say this scam and everytime I play or post something he will force me not to play this again. So I think we need to change their mindset about what bitcoin is
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 20, 2015, 09:20:30 AM

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
May 20, 2015, 09:12:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure
May 16, 2015, 07:27:17 AM
In my country they forbidden bitcoin as a payment, but it is legal for an asset.
But we have the most trade volume in the world.
Yes i come from China. Cheesy

jeje china is like a paradise BTC world compare to other countrys.

here we  have only some ATM, but only few of them, i hope with time there will be more things related to out lovely BTC Wink

now there is only few people that know something about it, i really think this is our main problem here, the information related to the BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 16, 2015, 07:19:28 AM

Same thing here in the Philippines. You only need a scanned valid ID and recent pictures of yours and you probably can do a million dollars worth of spending or buying stocks etc. However, as easy as the methods are in the beginning, it will begin to creep you out because apparently, a million dollar purchase here in our country rings a bell to our tax department. Sad Tax tax tax.

I'd fully expect to be paying tax on whatever. It's the silliness surrounding access to certain markets that irks.

What I wouldn't accept is showing Bitstamp, a bunch of anonymous Slovenians who are 'based' in a post box on an industrial estate in the UK, financial details that no other company would ever dare ask for, especially when it's for the honour of selling a couple of hundred dollars' worth of coins.

I don't think they're doing it any more but they can permanently kiss my posterior anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 16, 2015, 06:34:31 AM

With the above methods of identification you've just stated, we're lucky that banks here don't implement those. Only a scan of 2 valid IDs and proof of billing among others are the only requirement for you to start a transaction with the banks. Some banks on other countries are just too damn invasive. I can't live with that, honestly.

Yup. It's madness. At one point a few people reported that Bitstamp were asking to see peoples' tax records.

All I need to do in the UK to buy or sell a few billion in shares is prove where I live and sometimes photo ID.

Same thing here in the Philippines. You only need a scanned valid ID and recent pictures of yours and you probably can do a million dollars worth of spending or buying stocks etc. However, as easy as the methods are in the beginning, it will begin to creep you out because apparently, a million dollar purchase here in our country rings a bell to our tax department. Sad Tax tax tax.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 16, 2015, 06:26:00 AM
BTC in my place is not banned yet, however the government doesn't courage us to use it, either. However most of the residents in my city don't trust in bitcoin, maybe due to many scams about bitcoin here (e.g. some lose millions in those scams).

That's the sad part. Even those guys who don't know a great deal about Bitcoin has read about all those robberies and scams, such as the Mt Gox scandal and the Sheep Marketplace robbery. Most of them will regard Bitcoin as an extremely high-risk investment, although ideally, it should be used as a currency which is immune to inflation.

But in every single case it was because they were relinquishing control of their private keys to unqualified or untrustworthy morons.

I seriously doubt most people are bright or bothered enough to make that conclusion for themselves. If they can't then it's best that they stay away anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
May 16, 2015, 03:21:07 AM
BTC in my place is not banned yet, however the government doesn't courage us to use it, either. However most of the residents in my city don't trust in bitcoin, maybe due to many scams about bitcoin here (e.g. some lose millions in those scams).

That's the sad part. Even those guys who don't know a great deal about Bitcoin has read about all those robberies and scams, such as the Mt Gox scandal and the Sheep Marketplace robbery. Most of them will regard Bitcoin as an extremely high-risk investment, although ideally, it should be used as a currency which is immune to inflation.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 15, 2015, 09:34:13 PM
Activity: 532
May 15, 2015, 07:34:14 PM
Hi!  Smiley
How BTC bitcoin developed in your country? Are there many people in your real life that you know that use BTC ?

Bitcoin is coming a long well in the country I live, it seems the UK govt is going to accept Bitcoin and regulate to make safer for big companies and banks to get invoved. London capital of finance and more than likely will be the central hub for bitcoin. There are not actually many people in my life that I know of who use bitcoin there are some that know of bitcoin but they stopped using it a year or two ago. It will get there oneday when we all know someone who is using it.
Activity: 331
May 15, 2015, 07:27:22 PM
its developed very fine I even have a bitcoin atm in my town.
Activity: 533
May 15, 2015, 05:09:38 PM
Rarely someone would have heard about the bitcoin i guess in my country. Some of the highly qualified professionals working with some reputed IT Organisations are also not aware about the bitcoin or how can it be used that makes me little bit worried.

right hardly anyone knows about it so how can expect that shopkeepers merchants retailers will start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment i believe it will take a long period of time for the people to get aware about the concept of bitcoin and implementing it in a real world.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2015, 03:59:21 PM
Rarely someone would have heard about the bitcoin i guess in my country. Some of the highly qualified professionals working with some reputed IT Organisations are also not aware about the bitcoin or how can it be used that makes me little bit worried.
Pages:
Jump to: