Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC in your country - page 39. (Read 44503 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 15, 2015, 03:18:06 PM

With the above methods of identification you've just stated, we're lucky that banks here don't implement those. Only a scan of 2 valid IDs and proof of billing among others are the only requirement for you to start a transaction with the banks. Some banks on other countries are just too damn invasive. I can't live with that, honestly.

Yup. It's madness. At one point a few people reported that Bitstamp were asking to see peoples' tax records.

All I need to do in the UK to buy or sell a few billion in shares is prove where I live and sometimes photo ID.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 15, 2015, 03:07:37 PM
afaik btc atm will have biometric id in the US,  no thank you

Really? That would be too invasive in terms of identification if you would ask me. Even banks here in my country doesn't implement that. Huh

Certain ones do ask for palm prints and face scans. You also need to give phone numbers, ID and probably your first born child too.

You need to choose carefully as there are much more anonymous ones too. It's up to the owner and what machine they're running.

With the above methods of identification you've just stated, we're lucky that banks here don't implement those. Only a scan of 2 valid IDs and proof of billing among others are the only requirement for you to start a transaction with the banks. Some banks on other countries are just too damn invasive. I can't live with that, honestly.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 15, 2015, 02:53:36 PM

Really? That would be too invasive in terms of identification if you would ask me. Even banks here in my country doesn't implement that. Huh

Certain ones do ask for palm prints and face scans. You also need to give phone numbers, ID and probably your first born child too.

You need to choose carefully as there are much more anonymous ones too. It's up to the owner and what machine they're running.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2015, 01:37:02 PM
In my country, bitcoin isn't popular but it's still allowed in my country although there aren't any local store accept bitcoin as payment method Grin

For now it wont be so popular because there are only few people that know what bitcoin is and for local store to accept bitcoin for now is to impossible because they dont even know what it is and how to use this bitcoin. Just wait for the mainstream time, after that people will start to collecting it and also the price will going up too

Very rightly said same is the case in  my country hardly few people knows about it and even if they know they haven't used it anytime so it will take time that people start using it and accepting it and shopkeepers are not aware of the bitcoin so we can't accept that they accept bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
May 15, 2015, 01:05:37 PM
In my country bitcoins are not legal and also many people dont know about it,its like out of 1000 only 1 person knows about bitcoin... also when i talk about bitcoins with other people they just dont understand Sad
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 15, 2015, 12:41:51 PM
In my country, bitcoin isn't popular but it's still allowed in my country although there aren't any local store accept bitcoin as payment method Grin

For now it wont be so popular because there are only few people that know what bitcoin is and for local store to accept bitcoin for now is to impossible because they dont even know what it is and how to use this bitcoin. Just wait for the mainstream time, after that people will start to collecting it and also the price will going up too
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
May 15, 2015, 12:33:22 PM
Nice to meet another SEA user at Bitcointalk. Hmm.. if the country you live in have several ATMs, why only 1% of the population know Bitcoin? I'm thinking that they might know Bitcoin but they just dont use it.

Nice to meet you too.  Grin

The percentage who might have heard about Bitcoin might be higher. But I am certain that less than 1% knows for sure what Bitcoin exactly is, and what are its advantages. There is a lot of negative propaganda going on currently. It is very difficult to counter all that.

I wonder which part of South East Asia do you live in.. In my country, people know about Bitcoin but they just dont use it. Mostly because they are afraid of the high risk in Bitcoin.

Yup I think in my country hardly anyone knows about bitcoin honestly speaking very few people knows about bitcoin but i doubt whether they have used bitcoins anywhere or not I haven't seen any ATM's yet in my country which makes me feel sad so need to wait for the right time.

I wish to see Bitcoin ATM worldwide. Hopefully your country will have one or two in the next few years.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
|| Web developer ||
May 15, 2015, 12:28:52 PM
Hi , I live in Africa in the North .  for me i don't think anyone in my country knows bitcoin better than me , and theirs a little number of persons who know even about it , and maybe just 1/1000 of
those who knows it use it in real life . and i have just one friend who use it to buy domains
and some stuffs online .

Bitcoin Boy .
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 15, 2015, 12:04:06 PM

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
May 15, 2015, 11:56:03 AM
I just know maybe 3 or 4 friends (in real life) that using Bitcoin, I think my other friends even don't know what is Bitcoin.
And in my country, I think there is more people that using Bitcoin. Bitcoin is keep growing in my country, although the government is doesn't care about it. But that's why Bitcoin is keep growing in my country, because the government doesn't intervene.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 15, 2015, 07:03:53 AM
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
May 15, 2015, 06:49:19 AM
Hi!  Smiley
How BTC bitcoin developed in your country? Are there many people in your real life that you know that use BTC ?
bitcoin is not so well known in my country. I sometimes read some topic on forums about mining but nobody seems to be interested in bitcoin that much.
also if anyone wants to earn bitcoin they use faucets for a while and give up afterwards!
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
May 15, 2015, 06:03:59 AM
Hi!  Smiley
How BTC bitcoin developed in your country? Are there many people in your real life that you know that use BTC ?

btc is still allowed and unregulated here in UK. But no bank will service you, so you've either got to move to another country like Denmark or find an innovative way to get around this
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
May 15, 2015, 05:53:14 AM
Nice to meet another SEA user at Bitcointalk. Hmm.. if the country you live in have several ATMs, why only 1% of the population know Bitcoin? I'm thinking that they might know Bitcoin but they just dont use it.

The percentage who might have heard about Bitcoin might be higher. But I am certain that less than 1% knows for sure what Bitcoin exactly is, and what are its advantages. There is a lot of negative propaganda going on currently. It is very difficult to counter all that.

Yup I think in my country hardly anyone knows about bitcoin honestly speaking very few people knows about bitcoin but i doubt whether they have used bitcoins anywhere or not I haven't seen any ATM's yet in my country which makes me feel sad so need to wait for the right time.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
May 15, 2015, 01:51:54 AM

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2015, 01:50:35 AM
In my country very few people knows about the bitcoin. But the fact is they don't use bitcoin as a mode of payment and I haven't seen any places where they accept the payment in bitcoin so thinking about the ATM's would be the disaster and still many have not even heard about the bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
May 15, 2015, 12:54:49 AM
I am living in South-east Asia, and my country is sometimes regarded as the Bitcoin capital of Asia.  Grin There are several ATMs here, and also there are many shops and bars / restaurants which accept payments in Bitcoin. The government is also pretty much relaxed about crypto. But even here, Bitcoin is known to only 1% of the general population. We need to make it more popular.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
May 14, 2015, 10:43:33 PM
I am living in South-east Asia, and my country is sometimes regarded as the Bitcoin capital of Asia.  Grin There are several ATMs here, and also there are many shops and bars / restaurants which accept payments in Bitcoin. The government is also pretty much relaxed about crypto. But even here, Bitcoin is known to only 1% of the general population. We need to make it more popular.
Activity: 212
Merit: 101
May 14, 2015, 07:03:20 PM
England and never met another BTC user. Met some in Germany/Benelux though.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
May 14, 2015, 05:44:39 PM
Here in Turkey, there are two exchanges.And a restaurant in Istanbul is accepting bitcoins.
But it is not seen as currency by law so it's tax free.
Other than that it's not known much around here.
Pages:
Jump to: