Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Stolen from Poloniex - page 18. (Read 167444 times)

Activity: 415
Merit: 250
March 05, 2014, 07:36:23 AM
Honesty is always the best policy, one day these scammers will get their comeuppance. Maybe the cryptocoin police force will sort this out. I think that's is what is needed a police force who watch for just scammers and nothing more and runs on donations from the public. totally anonymous and can never give details to the real police or governments unless a crime against the innocent in cryptos takes place.

As soon as they scam themselves we as the people will stop donating. So they too would have a choice.

Any thoughts i suspect there will be mixed views on this one.

With regards to poloniex exchange, they will just get stronger and stronger. Which in turn will make them more appealing to more investors.

M
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
March 05, 2014, 07:34:26 AM
Hello do you know why NXT is still on Deposit: Generating... after one day ?

Thanks
Activity: 1
March 05, 2014, 07:20:07 AM
 8)We lost what bitcoin when changing to us? Is a direct throw coins returned to the account or should we provide bitcoin wallets to transfer our wallets. There are specific return date is what time? I do not want you to immediately return the coins and I want to make clear how this thing you. Hope more and better platform.   [email protected]
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
March 05, 2014, 07:15:16 AM
Markets unfrozen yet? What's the status of poleoniex?

They took 12% of our bitcoin ($300) for me, and told us everything is alright now, so just continue on about our business.

No, that's not what he said. He said he'd repay it. That makes it a loan.

All these people who never made a mistake and also never checked to see if these "obvious" flaws they now crow about existed might make that take a while though. As has already been mentioned, losing 12% is not unusual in trading, not to mention crypto trading, but spreading unfounded negativity to ensure you lose more is plain illogical. No good comes of that for anyone.

If you trust the admin, that's your decision. If you don't and get out, you've no dog in the fight so maybe leave it to those who have to win or lose based on their own gut feelings or research?

Your retarded. Losing 12% is not unusual in trading does not justify shit. Taking peoples money is NOT ok. Poloniex took money from me, this is my dog in the fight. "so maybe leave it to those who have to win or lose based on their own gut feelings or research? " I dont even know what to say about this stupid shit.

Best to say nothing then, especially as your reading skills seem low.
If he hadn't reduced our balances the exchange would be at risk of owing more than it had to pay out in the event of a run...and ALL your money could have gone. This way he TEMPORARILY BORROWED 12% from us all to save that possibility. In the end he'll be the one losing funds, we may suffer too due to lost trades/opportunities ..but given the time he had to fix something unexpected it wasn't ever going to please everyone. Don't say it was to be expected like some people have, if that was true WTF was your money doing in there and why didn't anyone bring it up or offer help prior to the problem?

Another lesson leaned. The hard way.
Another negative scare story for the media, one that will hinder the growth of all crypto. That hurts us all.
Activity: 35
March 05, 2014, 06:46:29 AM
Hello Busoni:

Please check my USDE COIN Deposite: i had deposited it 6 hours before!!!

Address:           Gd3Hsz6XgZ2XMGoYjW4M3JAxKChXcuraHu
Amount:           -174,793.49274200
Fee:                  0
Confirms:       48
TXID:            e447623b5b071c8371521c06b111350621bb21f0f18a228a54d86a1d612822c1
Date:                   Mar 4, 2014, 9:39 pm EST (1393987182)
[/b]

The banance show not recieve the coin

Thanks!
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
March 05, 2014, 06:40:35 AM
I am not sure but the latest update must have caused this error.
....where's my money? Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
March 05, 2014, 05:31:17 AM
have anyone withdrawal xcp`s ?
I receive this error:
   COMPLETE: ERROR, NOT SENT

and moneys do not come back to my poloniex account nether

same here
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 05, 2014, 05:29:17 AM
My BTC balance was reduced on 58% now by poloniex. Is it normal?

You may have forgotten about the BTC you had in trade orders. I had one order cancelled to reduce my negative balance.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
March 05, 2014, 05:17:38 AM
Activity: 18
March 05, 2014, 05:15:37 AM
have anyone withdrawal xcp`s ?
I receive this error:
   COMPLETE: ERROR, NOT SENT

and moneys do not come back to my poloniex account nether
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
March 05, 2014, 04:04:59 AM
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
March 05, 2014, 04:04:42 AM
If I owned Poloniex my first action would be to start contacting someone, PI, wallet or somone affiliated with the blockchain website to verify and freeze the wallet.  Either the thief's got some balls, hes stupid or doesn't care or has no reason to do anything because its not even him or the Polo exchange owner isn't actively trying to obtain the stolen BTC and is concentrating more of his time on taking our funds rather than the thief's.  

No freezing accounts in Bitcoin land. Best chance is trying to chase down the funds @ www.Directory.io Tongue let us know if you come up with anything!

Edit:
Unless the wallet the dude stole to is under control of Poloniex (like the donation scam in the troll box, rofl.)
Activity: 2
March 05, 2014, 03:53:09 AM
The thief's btc address is continuing the grow even though the website's withdraws and deposits have been FROZEN!
https://blockchain.info/address/1Ktq7TE3J5vZ3c99M5weqKfFcNkHQdqPrq

How is this possible?
The only person that has access to the websites withdraws/deposits during this time would be the site owner. The site is sending still sending btc to the address while you guys are supporting him.

It looks like there certainly is a lot of BTC in this account and the thief, whoever, he is is still keeping funds there and using it.  Something isn't right about that.  If I owned Poloniex my first action would be to start contacting someone, PI, wallet or somone affiliated with the blockchain website to verify and freeze the wallet.  Either the thief's got some balls, hes stupid or doesn't care or has no reason to do anything because its not even him or the Polo exchange owner isn't actively trying to obtain the stolen BTC and is concentrating more of his time on taking our funds rather than the thief's.

I dont know whats going on and I think the Polo site owner seemed pretty honest about this; but, it seems like the only people that are going to have to pay for a mistake in his exchanges code and sites workability is us.  Not to mention funds we have lost from the site being offline and missing out on some pretty amazing trades with CGY, AUR and MZC.

I feel for the guy if this is all on the level; but, I am a business owner myself and I cannot think of a circumstance where if I made a mistake or if I missed something that cost me money where I would be able to have the customer assume the loss, even temporarily, and then say "if you want to continue to do business with me its going to cost you 7.5 times more.  Ur a business owner bro, ur mistake cost is money, freezing our funds cost us money, now ur saying you dont have any money so we all have to pay more money.  Its 50 grand, ur site does 850 in BTC per day, ur raising the fees 7x so it should all be paid back in a week.  Seriously bro, man up and borrow a few bucks.  Your in a big money business, if I can make 10K in 24 hrs, u should be able to triple it. 

Sorry bro; but seriously,  U got leverage on us so u can do this; but, extorting that leverage is only going to hurt your businesses rep in the long run.  Especially if it happens again and especially given that a lot of people in the crypto business just lost, in some cases, a fortune with Mt. GOX. 

Am I the only one that sees it this way?  Everybody's acting like this is all good and no problem.  This is a problem and the reasoning why the government is trashing crypto and likley going regulate it and at the same time ruining it by control.  Seriously Cmon. 
Activity: 8
March 05, 2014, 03:20:02 AM
My BTC balance was reduced on 58% now by poloniex. Is it normal?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
March 05, 2014, 02:59:40 AM

The hacker discovered that if you place several withdrawals all in practically the same instant, they will get processed at more or less the same time. This will result in a negative balance, but valid insertions into the database, which then get picked up by the withdrawal daemon.

Are you kidding me? Did you do any research on past Bitcoin exchanges hacks before auditing your code?

That exact same "hack" has been done on multiple exchanges in the past.

Another guy who's created an exchange but yet somehow doesn't know what a database transaction is... unreal.
I wonder a little bit about programming skills. As a platform operator I would have a lot of fun detecting anomalies like that, block this customer, and make a very very precise verification of the identity. Perhaps the assets never would be withdrawn.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
March 05, 2014, 02:48:10 AM
I will begin searching for developers and security programmers tomorrow. In the meantime, the system that takes withdrawals has been redesigned--withdrawal requests are now added to a global command queue, and the queue is processed sequentially.

I've been working on various aspects of the exchange for twelve hours straight, and am a bit exhausted. I will send out an email to all users tomorrow and direct them here so they can give their input before a plan is officially laid out.

hi, busoni

I had withdraw all my coin to loacl wallet,

we all support your plan

From a security point of view, all the temporary extraction, if the security bulletin reconfirmed

i ll come back

but, where there is a doubt, I withdraw 1btc cash 12 hours ago, should one hour to confirm, and it will be transfered.

but the results did not succeed ,

until you publish the message, I could found my btc account  13% less,

please How to explain
Activity: 91
Stop the potato genocide!
March 05, 2014, 02:45:59 AM
An opportunist just reared his/her ugly head at Poloniex's trollbox:

Activity: 74
March 05, 2014, 01:40:32 AM
KDC wallet on Poloniex is broken, needs update.

I sent 2 orders and none of them arrived (26 hours ago and 2 hours ago).

Check KDC forum topic for news, its there. Update ASAP.

ty
Activity: 364
Owner of Poloniex
March 05, 2014, 01:22:32 AM
Oh, and I will also add an area on the Balances page that lets you know exactly how much BTC is currently withheld.
Activity: 364
Owner of Poloniex
March 05, 2014, 01:18:51 AM
I will begin searching for developers and security programmers tomorrow. In the meantime, the system that takes withdrawals has been redesigned--withdrawal requests are now added to a global command queue, and the queue is processed sequentially.

I've been working on various aspects of the exchange for twelve hours straight, and am a bit exhausted. I will send out an email to all users tomorrow and direct them here so they can give their input before a plan is officially laid out.
Pages:
Jump to: