Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 12. (Read 316332 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
I edited my hosts file (correctly, wasn´t the first time) and flushed my DNS Cache correctly but the site is still showing to be offline for me.

Restart your browser?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I edited my hosts file (correctly, wasn´t the first time) and flushed my DNS Cache correctly but the site is still showing to be offline for me.
Activity: 9
You also need to run ipconfig /flushdns.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Didn´t work for me neither. Any other ideas? Not the best moment to loose his domain I´d say. ^^

This isn't some magic trick, it will work on any Windows machine if executed correctly.

What exactly doesn't work?
Activity: 50
Didn´t work for me neither. Any other ideas? Not the best moment to loose his domain I´d say. ^^
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
As far as I can tell, the domain name itself expired yesterday, and the registrar eNom has helpfully decided to cease providing correct DNS information with immediate effect: their service at name-services.com is now returning the IP 8.5.1.36 for btct.co queries instead of the IP 141.101.113.21.

I am not recommending the following, because many people will rightfully expect a signed, sealed, and gold plated confirmation from Ethan before trusting any information about iP addresses, but if you were to place the original IP address in a hosts file, and clear your DNS cache, you would then find that the site is still very much alive and kicking. I have just done this myself and could see the last trade shown on the front page was only 49 seconds ago, so either people with cached DNS information are still able to get there, or the problem was resolved while I was typing.

The registration itself should have a grace period, and abruptly ceasing DNS services for the domain does not, in my view, speak very well at all for eNom.

Code:
141.101.113.21 btct.co

Useful info, BUMP and let guys see

See above or how to get to the site!
Activity: 304
Today I found in "My Trade Analysis" that fees are added twice. Have a look at enclosed shot of buying one share. In "Approx total" should be the same price as in "Transaction" column, because it's the first transaction of that asset, shouldn't it? I already sent that to burnside, but now I'm thinking if this is just in that report, or fees were added twice for real?

Activity: 532
Just a quick request/clarification.

I know secondary markets close later today, but can/will transfers (even if only to/from issuers) remain open?

Ideally issuers should be able to lock assets against transfers - or leave transfers open (issuers would want to lock transfers just before a migration - but would want them open until then to allow consolidation/selling back of holdings).

Current locking mechanisms lock all share movement.

It'll take a bit of custom coding to get transfers going between issuers and asset holders directly.  Is there any way to get by without it?  Most issuers are going to prefer it this way anyway, but I understand there may be unique situations.

Just disable trading.  Then those who want to stop their shares changing hands can lock their security, those who don't mind (or who need to for whatever reason) can leave the security unlocked.
Activity: 784
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
As far as I can tell, the domain name itself expired yesterday, and the registrar eNom has helpfully decided to cease providing correct DNS information with immediate effect: their service at name-services.com is now returning the IP 8.5.1.36 for btct.co queries instead of the IP 141.101.113.21.

I am not recommending the following, because many people will rightfully expect a signed, sealed, and gold plated confirmation from Ethan before trusting any information about iP addresses, but if you were to place the original IP address in a hosts file, and clear your DNS cache, you would then find that the site is still very much alive and kicking. I have just done this myself and could see the last trade shown on the front page was only 49 seconds ago, so either people with cached DNS information are still able to get there, or the problem was resolved while I was typing.

The registration itself should have a grace period, and abruptly ceasing DNS services for the domain does not, in my view, speak very well at all for eNom.

Code:
141.101.113.21 btct.co

Useful info, BUMP and let guys see
legendary

Thank you for the information. Really wish I hadn't closed that tab, now. Editing my hosts file and flushing the DNS cache isn't working for me - do I put the correct IP address first, then the 8.5.1.36 IP address after that?

In the hosts file, add a line with:
Code:
btct.co    141.101.113.21
and then flush you DNS cache.
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
Code:
141.101.113.21 btct.co

You're correct, it's been a while since I've had to edit my hosts file.

Thanks very much guys, I really appreciate it. What a day.

Thank you for the information. Really wish I hadn't closed that tab, now. Editing my hosts file and flushing the DNS cache isn't working for me - do I put the correct IP address first, then the 8.5.1.36 IP address after that?

Code:
Code:
141.101.113.21 btct.co

You're correct, it's been a while since I've had to edit my hosts file.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Code:
Code:
141.101.113.21 btct.co

Code:
legendary

Activity: 330
Merit: 255

I am not recommending the following, because many people will rightfully expect a signed, sealed, and gold plated confirmation from Ethan before trusting any information about IP addresses, but if you were to place the original IP address in a hosts file, and clear your DNS cache, you would then find that the site is still very much alive and kicking. I have just done this myself and could see the last trade shown on the front page was only 49 seconds ago, so either people with cached DNS information are still able to get there, or the problem was resolved while I was typing.

Activity: 518
Burnside, I can't access the site, but I have people transferring AM-PT shares to me, which I can't verify.

Before you totally close, there is some info we need to coordinate on.

I'd suggest:

1. Freezing AM-PT whem ready
2. Sending me a list of all transfers to my account of AM-PT in the last 48 hours.
3. Sending a list of totals of all holdings in my account.

I also assume you will send any BTC in the account to the address on record.

Thank you!
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Any changes for those of us with small amounts left on the site, less then minimum amount that is?

No, no changes anytime soon, sorry.  Bottom line is that without a fixed withdrawal fee, we can't guarantee an account won't go negative any other way.  There's no hook into bitcoind asking for what the client tx fee will be in advance.  We thought people would appreciate this approach, since it's significantly cheaper than a withdrawal fee would have been.  Instead people look at the fractions of a bitcent left behind and it drives 'em batty.   Sad

Nope, not acceptable, please send my bitcoin to my public address out of your own pocket.

It seems that you can do a internal transfer to another account and zero out your balance? So you could transfer the remaining amount to another user and have them send you that amount.
Activity: 476
This Domain Name Has Expired

What's happening?
Activity: 420
Quick reminder, trade is stopping in less than 24 hours.

Will you give a 1 hour warning?
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Any changes for those of us with small amounts left on the site, less then minimum amount that is?

No, no changes anytime soon, sorry.  Bottom line is that without a fixed withdrawal fee, we can't guarantee an account won't go negative any other way.  There's no hook into bitcoind asking for what the client tx fee will be in advance.  We thought people would appreciate this approach, since it's significantly cheaper than a withdrawal fee would have been.  Instead people look at the fractions of a bitcent left behind and it drives 'em batty.   Sad

Nope, not acceptable, please send my bitcoin to my public address out of your own pocket.
Pages:
Jump to: