Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 2. (Read 316328 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
Hi Burnside,

I would still love to be able to pull my record of transactions on BTCTC for record keeping and posibly tax purposes.

You mentioned that you were thinking of a mass email out of people's API keys, as API access is still possible and could be used to pull the transactions CSV. Are you still planning to do this? I lost a lot of BTC on Labcon, it would be nice to have a record of that at least.

You got it.  The script is running now.  It's rate limited though, and going through alphabetically by username so it's going to be a day or so for it to finish sending to everyone. 

Thanks burn no worries I'll ask around New Years but look forward to hearing about it.

(Darn forgot about New Years Close enough Gets Ready to add 3 more months   Grin)

I wish it were over.  Still working our way toward resolution though.  Sad Sad

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)

We may be a few months (or more) away from me being able to share details unfortunately.  I will definitely do so as soon as I am able.

Thanks burn no worries I'll ask around New Years but look forward to hearing about it.

(Darn forgot about New Years Close enough Gets Ready to add 3 more months   Grin)
Activity: 181
Merit: 104
Hi Burnside,

I would still love to be able to pull my record of transactions on BTCTC for record keeping and posibly tax purposes.

You mentioned that you were thinking of a mass email out of people's API keys, as API access is still possible and could be used to pull the transactions CSV. Are you still planning to do this? I lost a lot of BTC on Labcon, it would be nice to have a record of that at least.
legendary
Hello. Did u get my email?

taborresen

If you received a response, then yes.  I just finished going through and replying to all of the responses I've received in the last 12 hrs.

For those wondering what we're talking about, I sent a new batch of requests for withdrawal addresses last night.

Deposits remaining on the site are down to 0.4% of our average deposits during operation, but we are still trying to return as much as we can.  If you think you may have left anything behind on the site, please check your spam folder in your email.  We have emailed everyone with a non-zero balance several times.

Cheers.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Hello. Did u get my email?

taborresen
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
One judge, in one case, that hasn't even gone to trial.

Yeah its all pretty meaningless isnt. Two bitcoin stock exchanges were forced closed so far, at least one of which after consulting with lawyers, the biggest asset issuer on that exchange (giga vps) got legal counsel that concluded he couldn't legally continue the way he did,  the law clearly states these bitcoin denominated assets are securities, the SEC explicitly states it, its upheld in court now (and if you like being pedantic by ALL judges in ALL bitcoin security related cases Im aware off), but somehow it just isnt true because Ytterbium, Ytterbium & Associates thinks it isnt or it shouldnt be.

Welcome to my ignore list.

GLBSE closed after Nefario went to see a lawyer also.

GLBSE was one of the two stock exchanges I was referring to. Bitfunder only closed after I posted what you quoted (nice necro bump), to the amazement of absolutely no one paying any attention, except maybe Ytterbium, Ytterbium & Associates.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
One judge, in one case, that hasn't even gone to trial.

Yeah its all pretty meaningless isnt. Two bitcoin stock exchanges were forced closed so far, at least one of which after consulting with lawyers, the biggest asset issuer on that exchange (giga vps) got legal counsel that concluded he couldn't legally continue the way he did,  the law clearly states these bitcoin denominated assets are securities, the SEC explicitly states it, its upheld in court now (and if you like being pedantic by ALL judges in ALL bitcoin security related cases Im aware off), but somehow it just isnt true because Ytterbium, Ytterbium & Associates thinks it isnt or it shouldnt be.

Welcome to my ignore list.

GLBSE closed after Nefario went to see a lawyer also.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

Hey there.  Yup, I'm still working on manual withdrawals.  I've been sending notices out asking for a withdrawal address to anyone that still has a balance.  If you receive one of these notices, please reply ASAP.

I've also been running our withdrawal script periodically just to catch any accidental deposits to BTCT deposit addresses.  There haven't been many, but I've seen it catch a few. 

Since shutting the site down Oct 31, we've spent over 150 man hours to process over 4,000 withdrawals.  Smiley

Cheers.

It's probably only the 10,000% annual BTC value increase that keeps a lot of us above slave wages when the hours are factored in. Wink
legendary
Hi Jimmothy, thanks for answering.
Puff... I know, believe me it´s been a shock to receive all this info when I arrived yesterday.
I just received the last  mail from Burnside asking for my data 7 days ago, that´s why I think maybe he is still working on it.
Who could be aware of the updated situation? I guess Burnside is still quite busy, but it would be great to know how is everything being fixed.
Thanks again,
Juanglezal

Your only hope if any would be to contact burnside directly.

Just did it! I hope it works...
Thanks again.

Hey there.  Yup, I'm still working on manual withdrawals.  I've been sending notices out asking for a withdrawal address to anyone that still has a balance.  If you receive one of these notices, please reply ASAP.

I've also been running our withdrawal script periodically just to catch any accidental deposits to BTCT deposit addresses.  There haven't been many, but I've seen it catch a few. 

Since shutting the site down Oct 31, we've spent over 150 man hours to process over 4,000 withdrawals.  Smiley

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Bitcoin is simply too fast to let it stay unmonitored for a couple weeks...
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Puff... I know, believe me it´s been a shock to receive all this info when I arrived yesterday.
I just received the last  mail from Burnside asking for my data 7 days ago, that´s why I think maybe he is still working on it.
Who could be aware of the updated situation? I guess Burnside is still quite busy, but it would be great to know how is everything being fixed.
Thanks again,
Juanglezal

Just did it! I hope it works...
Thanks again.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Thanks again,
Juanglezal

Thanks again,
Juanglezal
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Hi!
I just came back from a long holiday and found that many things have been going on! I panicked when I started reading the two emergency notifications!
So as fast as I could (and several times leaded by my nerves) I wrote Burnside and send him my new withdrawal address. Is the process still going on? does anybody know how long is it taking?
Thank you so much Smiley

You are about a month late. Not sure if anything can be done as I believe all remaining balances were already sent to whatever address was on record.
Hi!
I just came back from a long holiday and found that many things have been going on! I panicked when I started reading the two emergency notifications!
So as fast as I could (and several times leaded by my nerves) I wrote Burnside and send him my new withdrawal address. Is the process still going on? does anybody know how long is it taking?
Thank you so much Smiley
Actually it's going to be a nightmare. I'm quite concerned about it - to the extent that Irecently had a dream that centred entirely around finding  good accountant. I woke up really happy, cos I found one that uderstood Bitcoin.

I believe it is first-in first-out accounting, so my capital gain is the difference in price that I bought 'those' coins at. But it will depend on jurisdiction.

My accounting is going to be even more complicated by the btc I gained on Asicminer, lost on the Labcoin scam, and the money I spent on an Avalon that never yielded.

Yup, the API is still up for read-only queries if you have your API key.  I'm hoping to draft an email to everyone with their API key attached soon.  I need to get through the withdrawals on both sites first.

Cheers.

I'm afraid I don't have my API key. An email out letting me know it so I can pull my history would be great.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Activity: 249
Merit: 114
Who is John Galt?
any news for   BTC-TRADING-PT?  I have shares of BTC-TRADING-PT. Cry

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3664821
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Hi
any news for   BTC-TRADING-PT?  I have shares of BTC-TRADING-PT. Cry
thanks