Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 4. (Read 316328 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
Is it possible to withdraw remaining funds from btct.co for account which had no public address set?
And what steps should be taken in such case?

I have a friend who was too busy to keep on track with the whole thing of winding down.
He didn't received dust change as well.

Thx.

Of course.  PM me the username.  I will email the address on file requesting a public address to set for withdrawal.

Thanks burnside for returning the last bit of change. I'm sure you will be successful in whatever endeavor you choose to do.

No prob.  And thank you.

Cheers.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Thanks burnside for returning the last bit of change. I'm sure you will be successful in whatever endeavor you choose to do.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Is it possible to withdraw remaining funds from btct.co for account which had no public address set?
And what steps should be taken in such case?

I have a friend who was too busy to keep on track with the whole thing of winding down.
He didn't received dust change as well.

Thx.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
thanks for 0.0015 left over dust, I hope one day it will become an ipad !!! Cool
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
Blows me away how bent people can get over <$1

It may be <$1 now, but it is going to be $1000000 someday !!!!
By that reasoning, we should never use any btc or tip anyone ever. EVER.

Using bitcoins to tip is fine, as long as you are buying more bitcoins than you give away.

Really, if you think that the dust left in the account matters that much, you should be dumping as much money into bitcoin as you can lay your hands on.
legendary
Activity: 1442

The amounts left in the wallets are going to be less than 0.01 BTC. However, let's say for sake of argument it's .01 BTC. If .01 BTC  = $1M then the Winklevii will end up being worth $10 quadrillion with their 100K BTC investment.

Seriously? C'mon Lambert...
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

By that reasoning, we should never use any btc or tip anyone ever. EVER.
Activity: 756
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

EDIT: [/sarcasm] [/flying unicorns and rainbows]
legendary
Activity: 1442
WTF I'm a Z. How long is this gonna take?  Grin

Another big thank you to Burnside for handling a shitty situation with class and competence.

Maybe it'll be worth $1 by the time they get to you. Wink
legendary
I would be happy to just donate my dust to the cause. Blows me away how bent people can get over <$1

+1000 Give me a break people

I thought the same thing for a while, but someone made a valid point regarding future value of the dust... It may only be $1 now, but when BTC is at $1500 then it's $6, and so on.

I figure as long as it's fairly easy, we're better off returning everything we can.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
My last bit of spare change has returned now I can say it is done
Activity: 763
I would be happy to just donate my dust to the cause. Blows me away how bent people can get over <$1

+1000 Give me a break people
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
legendary
Burnside

I just wanted to say I admire how you handled this whole shutdown. You obviously planned it way in advance and gave everyone more than ample opportunity to get their affairs in order. It must be disappointing for you to have to do this, you had one of the best BTC marketplaces on the webbernets.

Are you planning any new Bitcoin projects?

Thank you, I appreciate that.

No projects at the moment.  Trying to keep up with my day job and maintain focus on getting everyone their coins back for now.  Smiley

The script has finished up to "f".  Long way to go still I guess.

Cheers.
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
The auto withdraw script is up and running.
I received my withdrawal.

Thanks,
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Burnside

I just wanted to say I admire how you handled this whole shutdown. You obviously planned it way in advance and gave everyone more than ample opportunity to get their affairs in order. It must be disappointing for you to have to do this, you had one of the best BTC marketplaces on the webbernets.

Are you planning any new Bitcoin projects?
legendary
hi, burnside, when will the auto withdrawal start?

No idea.

The auto withdraw script is up and running.  It's iterating through accounts alphabetically.  Due to limited inputs in the wallet, it is only doing about one transaction every 10 minutes.  I expect it to take a few days to get through everyone's 0.0015 and 0.002 BTC withdrawals.

Smiley

There's such thing as sending stuff to many addresses at once, easily accessible via "sendmany" bitcoind command. EDIT: Plus you'll save tx fees (or avoid endless waiting if you set them to 0 - especially after upcoming diff increase).  

Or are you just joking?

TBH I've never used sendmany before and this didn't seem like a good time to be experimenting.  I've been meaning to play with it for some time, maybe I can use it in my next project.  Smiley

(eg: silly gotchas like this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1426461  I know several people on btct had multiple accounts and set their address the same on all of them and until now I was unaware of this limitation.)

Edit: Remember Nefario having to ask everyone for coins back after he double refunded?  heh.  Those were the days.  Wink
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

No idea.

The auto withdraw script is up and running.  It's iterating through accounts alphabetically.  Due to limited inputs in the wallet, it is only doing about one transaction every 10 minutes.  I expect it to take a few days to get through everyone's 0.0015 and 0.002 BTC withdrawals.

Smiley

There's such thing as sending stuff to many addresses at once, easily accessible via "sendmany" bitcoind command. EDIT: Plus you'll save tx fees (or avoid endless waiting if you set them to 0 - especially after upcoming diff increase). 

Or are you just joking?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

No idea.

The auto withdraw script is up and running.  It's iterating through accounts alphabetically.  Due to limited inputs in the wallet, it is only doing about one transaction every 10 minutes.  I expect it to take a few days to get through everyone's 0.0015 and 0.002 BTC withdrawals.

Smiley

thank you, my account name start with 'B' Grin
legendary

No idea.

The auto withdraw script is up and running.  It's iterating through accounts alphabetically.  Due to limited inputs in the wallet, it is only doing about one transaction every 10 minutes.  I expect it to take a few days to get through everyone's 0.0015 and 0.002 BTC withdrawals.

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: