Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 3. (Read 316328 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
Hi, I realize I should have dealt with this before the shutdown, but is there any way to get a list of our transaction history? I'm actually trying to keep records so I can pay taxes on capital gains (or in the case of Labcoin offset capital losses!) and a list of btctc transactions would be useful.

IS there any way to get at this? Is the API still running, for read-on;y queries? Can I do it thru that?

Yup, the API is still up for read-only queries if you have your API key.  I'm hoping to draft an email to everyone with their API key attached soon.  I need to get through the withdrawals on both sites first.

Cheers.
Activity: 181
Merit: 104
Hi, I realize I should have dealt with this before the shutdown, but is there any way to get a list of our transaction history? I'm actually trying to keep records so I can pay taxes on capital gains (or in the case of Labcoin offset capital losses!) and a list of btctc transactions would be useful.

IS there any way to get at this? Is the API still running, for read-on;y queries? Can I do it thru that?
legendary
Quick note, I have sent all asset issuers an updated asset holder list.  Via email and PM I've set bitcoin addresses on several hundred accounts over the last couple weeks, so the primary purpose here is to fill in gaps with the bitcoin addresses where possible.  I will send another batch of updates around the end of the month.

Cheers.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
There are also a bunch of accounts that never did a withdrawal, so for those I am likely going to put together a donation to the Bitcoin Foundation or something similar.

Please consider donating some to intelligence.org. Their address is 1BszW45pwXx7d7g4x9Xxbs9MGJEQcJsd3v

It's important to build extraordinary safety measures into smarter-than-human AI as it may impact billions of lives. Unfortunately, immediate economic incentives tend to favor the incremental development of algorithms that are not particularly transparent, robust, or stable.

MIRI are working to promote safety and rationality in this field. Their mission is to ensure that the creation of smarter-than-human intelligence benefits humanity.
Activity: 544
I've read through much material but the situation is a little unclear to me. Is it possible to get my bitcoins back from the site or not?

If you had set a public BTC address then you've already received them. Otherwise, contact burnside.

This is correct.  PM me your username and we'll figure things out.

Interesting tidbit: I've manually processed 3,692 withdrawals since Nov 3rd.  Smiley 

Keep 'em coming.  I want to get everyone taken care of ASAP.

Despite having personally lost a shit load in slumped stock prices with BTC-TC and bitfunder closing down. I must say Burnside you have handled this situation with remarkable professionalism.  It is a lead many others in this community should follow.
 I wish you all the best in whatever the future holds.
Again thanks
legendary
I've read through much material but the situation is a little unclear to me. Is it possible to get my bitcoins back from the site or not?

If you had set a public BTC address then you've already received them. Otherwise, contact burnside.

This is correct.  PM me your username and we'll figure things out.

Interesting tidbit: I've manually processed 3,692 withdrawals since Nov 3rd.  Smiley 

Keep 'em coming.  I want to get everyone taken care of ASAP.

Activity: 728

Activity: 980
Merit: 508
legendary
Burnside could you make sure to keep a list of BASIC-MINING shareholders?

I'll keep copies of the DB for at least a year or two.

Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Burnside could you make sure to keep a list of BASIC-MINING shareholders?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
There are also a bunch of accounts that never did a withdrawal, so for those I am likely going to put together a donation

I would advise you not to do that. Keep them in reserve, safely stored somewhere offline. Forever, if it comes to that. But you're exposing yourself to a potentially huge liability in the future, if you do otherwise.

Meanwhile, when they remain frozen, they act like a small donation to the whole economy. Wink

That was my inclination as well.  Unfortunately I do not believe I will be allowed to hold them.  I'd have to put them into receivership, which would cost a significant chunk of change.  (more than they are worth.)  Especially since I do not believe there are any receivership companies out there that would know quite what to do with them.

I will definitely hold off on it as long as I can.

I wonder if holding them on trust would satisfy your local authorities?

Obviously I don't know the amounts involved, but if btc appreciates to the degree many think it will, you could be surprised who crawls out of the woodwork in 2-3 years wanting their windfall. Even 1 btc could be a tidy sum by then, enough to hire a lawyer to fight for it.
legendary
There are also a bunch of accounts that never did a withdrawal, so for those I am likely going to put together a donation

I would advise you not to do that. Keep them in reserve, safely stored somewhere offline. Forever, if it comes to that. But you're exposing yourself to a potentially huge liability in the future, if you do otherwise.

Meanwhile, when they remain frozen, they act like a small donation to the whole economy. Wink

That was my inclination as well.  Unfortunately I do not believe I will be allowed to hold them.  I'd have to put them into receivership, which would cost a significant chunk of change.  (more than they are worth.)  Especially since I do not believe there are any receivership companies out there that would know quite what to do with them.

I will definitely hold off on it as long as I can.

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

legendary
I really don't want to have to resort to using their last used withdrawal address.  Smiley

This could be really bad. Some people could have an inputs.io address as their last withdraw address.

Agreed.  I'm not sure what else to do.  Things have to be brought to a close.  (And the servers are still costing $$/mo)

There are also a bunch of accounts that never did a withdrawal, so for those I am likely going to put together a donation to the Bitcoin Foundation or something similar.

The good thing I guess is that the majority of these are not large balances.  Most of what's left is less than a single coin.

Activity: 634
I really don't want to have to resort to using their last used withdrawal address.  Smiley

This could be really bad. Some people could have an inputs.io address as their last withdraw address.
legendary
Hello, today I received this email from BTC-TC

BTC-TC Emergency Notification

Hello,

BTC-TC has shutdown.  We do not have a withdrawal address on file for your
account.  Please reply to this email with your withdrawal address ASAP.

Account: hkckoo

Account balances will be zeroed out when the site servers are shutdown.
Thank you for using BTC-TC

Don't want to receive these emails?  Most emails can be disabled in the
Account Settings, available here: https://btct.co/account?tab=tab2
The problem is.. it was sent from noreply email and I cant get in touch with the people behind the site? I appreciate this email I received and that they want to give the balance back, last time i sent to my account 13 BTC if I remeber correctly, so it is quite a lot of money right now.

What am I able to do here?

Thank you in advance for any kind of help.

Same thing happened to me.  I don't keep up with this stuff and had no idea btc-tc was closing shop.

I emailed [email protected] instead, then came to find this thread.  We'll see what happens.

Sorry about that.  It should have had a reply address of [email protected].  I have sent out a new notice with subject "BTC-TC Emergency Notification #2 (Updated)" for those that are not aware of the forum threads.

Quick update... everyone with a public BTC address set has been sent their coins.  The script finished over the weekend.  I have not had time to work on getting the api keys sent out.  I need to get as many people's coins returned as I can first... I really don't want to have to resort to using their last used withdrawal address.  Smiley

As we move forward I'll be plugging in the public address for everyone that responds to this recent email.  Which means that the asset holder lists will also get updated.  So I will send out an updated CSV lists to issuers after I have completed the process.

Cheers.

Edit/Add; regarding the new (#2) notice my script spaces out the emails quite a bit to improve delivery rates.  It may be a couple of hours before you receive your second copy.
Activity: 278

Hello,

The problem is.. it was sent from noreply email and I cant get in touch with the people behind the site? I appreciate this email I received and that they want to give the balance back, last time i sent to my account 13 BTC if I remeber correctly, so it is quite a lot of money right now.

Same thing happened to me.  I don't keep up with this stuff and had no idea btc-tc was closing shop.

I emailed [email protected] instead, then came to find this thread.  We'll see what happens.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
...What am I able to do here?

You could PM burnside, the OP in this thread.  He managed the wind-down of BTCT, and may be able to help.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Hello,

Activity: 448
burnside, is there a list of shareholders with their public btc address?
Pages:
Jump to: