Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 51. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
My deposit just reached 3 confirmations, when will it be in my account..?

Click the Refresh button next to your account balance on the wallet page.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I'm getting a wallet lock error? This came at a really bad time since I was in the middle of very profitable arbitrage on Deprived's offerings

Edit: Fixed
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
Hi all,

I'll look into alternate ways to display the market and still not have the DDoS exposure.  A static html file or cache object is almost certainly the way to go.

Cheers.

BTCT is the best digital currency security market by far. Thank you for making it so.
Activity: 574
I'll look into alternate ways to display the market and still not have the DDoS exposure.  A static html file or cache object is almost certainly the way to go.
Thank you for listening to the community. You do a fantastic job.
+1. Thanks for being responsive, and for all your hard work.
N_S
Hi all,

I'll look into alternate ways to display the market and still not have the DDoS exposure.  A static html file or cache object is almost certainly the way to go.

Cheers.

Thank you for listening to the community. You do a fantastic job.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Hi all,

Cheers.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I feel bad about that change too Undecided
I often check the prices on my phone when I'm on the go, but I'm not going to log in on my phone. Since the 2FA is on my phone, it would completely ruin the purpose.

Displaying a static page that updates from time to time is probably really what should be done.

But burnside, I'm wondering... Are you planning on increasing the server capabilities, or are you maybe already doing that?
I'm sure I'm not the only one having a feeling that another wave of adoption and attention for bitcoin is near, and I hope you're coming prepared for that.
Not that the same thing happens to you that happened to Gox in the last bubble.
Activity: 160
Also, people might want to check the market when they're on someone else's machine. Now they'll have to login on that machine to do so.
Burnside, I fear this change has some real downsides for your users, as you are in effect forcing them to choose between going without basic market information, or risk logging onto the website using insecure machines just to obtain that information whenever they away from the machine(s) that they protect enough to use for bitcoin financial transactions.  Putting them in that predicament is bad policy.  Please reconsider.

Agreed. If DDoS is a concern, maybe just generate a static page with all the market-data-pages every N minutes, so people can still see relatively recent information without logging in and can log in for a live version of the page.

+1, having to log in just to check prices is bull!
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
Also, people might want to check the market when they're on someone else's machine. Now they'll have to login on that machine to do so.
Burnside, I fear this change has some real downsides for your users, as you are in effect forcing them to choose between going without basic market information, or risk logging onto the website using insecure machines just to obtain that information whenever they away from the machine(s) that they protect enough to use for bitcoin financial transactions.  Putting them in that predicament is bad policy.  Please reconsider.

Agreed. If DDoS is a concern, maybe just generate a static page with all the market-data-pages every N minutes, so people can still see relatively recent information without logging in and can log in for a live version of the page.
This is not a bad compromise. I'm not of the opinion that this is a big deal myself, but that's a pretty good idea for those who do think it is.
Activity: 728

Activity: 287
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Are the scripts for dividends running again??  I haven't seen any normal Friday dividends as of yet.  Thanks!
I'm back in albeit slowly, but there's still no sign of my deposit in my account. Am I going to need to open a ticket on this?

Deposits will come in before too long if they haven't already.  The backend still has a bunch of catching up to do.  It missed a lot of blocks while it was down and it's slammed trying to serve requests from the site.

Cheers.

Thank you for you addressing this..
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
I'm back in albeit slowly, but there's still no sign of my deposit in my account. Am I going to need to open a ticket on this?

Deposits will come in before too long if they haven't already.  The backend still has a bunch of catching up to do.  It missed a lot of blocks while it was down and it's slammed trying to serve requests from the site.

Cheers.
N_S
Site is still entirely unreachable for me.

EDIT: Appears to work now

I already did.  I'm disappointed that burnside hasn't mentioned the deposits.  
That is what makes people worry.
He might need to step up his game a bit if he wants to stay big.
Activity: 126
I can access the homepage, but the last trade in realtime tab is 30 min ago.
If I had to make an assumption on this, I'd say it's an issue between the web frontend server(s) and the actual application server running trades and/or the bitcoin daemon. What specifically, I couldn't hazard a guess, since I don't know the method being used for communication, but that's not really important to me as an end user anyway.

I'd advise everyone to just be patient, I guarantee burnside knows all about what's going on and I'm confident he is entirely capable of fixing it.

Backend server went down last night.  It is back up now, but slammed as everyone tries to get in.  It'll catch up before too long.

Cheers for the update!

Any word on the change that prevents people from seeing the market page when not logged in? That change would be very inconvenient for me as I use several devices and the site doesn't let me remain logged in for more than one.

edit: never mind, explanation posted just before I posted this. Not a big fan of this change though.

As well as the inconvenience, it also forces people to be logged in for longer than they'd otherwise have to, which is a security risk. People have already had bitcoins compromised because some script executed in their browser while they were still logged onto an exchange.

Please could you make it so that this restriction is only in place when excessive load (suggesting DDOS) is actually happening, rather than all the time?
Also, why does it now say "Log in to view the virtual market..." when you try to view a security? (eg. https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT)

You never used to have to log in for this. This is what someone would do if they had compromised the page and wanted to collect login details.

Burnside, please can you confirm ASAP that whatever else is happening, it's not a security issue and it's safe to enter login details. Thanks.

+1

I'm not logging in until there's a statement from Burnside.

That was an intentional change made to reduce DDoS exposure.  Smiley

Very nice move.. now fix the deposits in limbo?
Pages:
Jump to: