Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 52. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I can access the homepage, but the last trade in realtime tab is 30 min ago.
If I had to make an assumption on this, I'd say it's an issue between the web frontend server(s) and the actual application server running trades and/or the bitcoin daemon. What specifically, I couldn't hazard a guess, since I don't know the method being used for communication, but that's not really important to me as an end user anyway.

I'd advise everyone to just be patient, I guarantee burnside knows all about what's going on and I'm confident he is entirely capable of fixing it.

Backend server went down last night.  It is back up now, but slammed as everyone tries to get in.  It'll catch up before too long.

Cheers for the update!

Any word on the change that prevents people from seeing the market page when not logged in? That change would be very inconvenient for me as I use several devices and the site doesn't let me remain logged in for more than one.

edit: never mind, explanation posted just before I posted this. Not a big fan of this change though.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Also, why does it now say "Log in to view the virtual market..." when you try to view a security? (eg. https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT)

You never used to have to log in for this. This is what someone would do if they had compromised the page and wanted to collect login details.

Burnside, please can you confirm ASAP that whatever else is happening, it's not a security issue and it's safe to enter login details. Thanks.

+1

I'm not logging in until there's a statement from Burnside.

That was an intentional change made to reduce DDoS exposure.  Smiley
N_S
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Also, why does it now say "Log in to view the virtual market..." when you try to view a security? (eg. https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT)

You never used to have to log in for this. This is what someone would do if they had compromised the page and wanted to collect login details.

Burnside, please can you confirm ASAP that whatever else is happening, it's not a security issue and it's safe to enter login details. Thanks.

+1

Great, I tried to login once and now I get to shit my pants while I wait to see if this is a security issue.

EDIT: Oh thank god burnside
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
If I had to make an assumption on this, I'd say it's an issue between the web frontend server(s) and the actual application server running trades and/or the bitcoin daemon. What specifically, I couldn't hazard a guess, since I don't know the method being used for communication, but that's not really important to me as an end user anyway.

I'd advise everyone to just be patient, I guarantee burnside knows all about what's going on and I'm confident he is entirely capable of fixing it.

Backend server went down last night.  It is back up now, but slammed as everyone tries to get in.  It'll catch up before too long.

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

+1

N_S
Activity: 238
Isn't is most likely that all this is the result of maintenance and not excessive traffic?
Activity: 574

I fail to see the point of CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology in this case.  Roll Eyes

Services like CloudFlare can't protect a website from things like a DB-server crash or some other backend issues, they only keep the website reachable when it's being flooded with traffic.
Activity: 126
I fail to see the point of CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology in this case.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 356
Merit: 255

Activity: 392

I'll invest in the first company to make an asic to run BTC-TC.
Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Activity: 634

for more than one reason.  Roll Eyes    Smiley
Activity: 420

1.21 GIGA WATTS
Panic! Sell!
or trying to log in to buy.

seriously this isn't fair if you trying to buy at a low and miss out because of server problems.
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
Panic! Sell!

That would be great if I could log in to sell.
Activity: 302
Panic! Sell!
Anyone else getting:

Error:

Xcoind backend failure at 135

Yup, site is giving issues for everyone it seems.
Activity: 378
Anyone else getting:

Error:

Xcoind backend failure at 135

1.21 GIGA WATTS
problem here also, I can load home page but when logging in it times out.  It's been like this most of today for me.
I have this feeling that their servers are overloaded.
please fix ASAP
Pages:
Jump to: