Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 57. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I'm a little confused how this BTCgarden buyback works.  I go to my portfolio and I see an internal transfer box with BTCgarden in it.  Okay, now what?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Nice catch, thank you!
Litecoin Global is also crying for a fix! Cheesy

Edit:

I was wondering, when 2 orders have the same price, the older one gets filled first right?

Yes, that's been my experience.
N_S
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Has there been any discussion about a BTCT iPhone/Android app?
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
Nice catch, thank you!
Litecoin Global is also crying for a fix! Cheesy

Edit:

I was wondering, when 2 orders have the same price, the older one gets filled first right?
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
I'm assuming you mean the CSV endpoints?

Sure, I just plugged it in.  Note however that these trade_id's will not necessarily match up with the public trade id's from the tradeHistory endpoint.  (db complexities, sorry.)

Cheers.

Hey, you forgot to change the header Wink

Ticker,Operation,Quantity,Amount,Timestamp
23241,ASICMINER-PT,buy,1,1.22555000,"2013-04-30 13:12:26"

Nice catch, thank you!
Activity: 493
Merit: 262

Sure, I just plugged it in.  Note however that these trade_id's will not necessarily match up with the public trade id's from the tradeHistory endpoint.  (db complexities, sorry.)

Cheers.

Hey, you forgot to change the header Wink

Ticker,Operation,Quantity,Amount,Timestamp
23241,ASICMINER-PT,buy,1,1.22555000,"2013-04-30 13:12:26"
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hi all, trade history snagged via the API includes a "trade_id" now.

Hopefully that will help some of you out there that are trying to identify unique transactions.

Cheers.

Hi Burnside,

any chance you could add this trade_id to personal trade histories (obtained with API key).

Thanks

Cheers.

Great, thanks for that. For me, it doesn't matter per se that they don't match up with the other id's. The main thing is that it offers a convenient way to uniquely identify different trades. A combination of existing fields would've already done a decent job, but there are still possibilities for collisions and a unique ID is just simpler to handle.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer

Hopefully that will help some of you out there that are trying to identify unique transactions.

Cheers.

Hi Burnside,

any chance you could add this trade_id to personal trade histories (obtained with API key).

Thanks

Cheers.
Activity: 574
I gotcha.  I don't think these trade id's will help then.  They're not trader id's, they're just unique id's per trade.

Ah, I see. Smiley

My confusion, sorry.
legendary
For the history displays on the website, it could be added, what specific use would it be?

As a day-trader, when trying to make sense of market movements, it helps significantly to be able to tell whether groups of buys and sells have been made by the same person, or are a bunch of different people.

For example, say about 100 AM-PT shares have just been sold into the bid wall with a fair amount of slippage in the last 5 minutes. If it was sold by several different people, I will assign very different probabilities to various scenarios of what might be happening than if it was a single whale getting out.

I've frequently wished that information was available, but I don't mind it not being available to me as long as it's a fair, level playing field. Smiley

I gotcha.  I don't think these trade id's will help then.  They're not trader id's, they're just unique id's per trade.

Unless I'm missing something?

Cheers.

Cheers.

Hi Burnside,

Thanks
For the history displays on the website, it could be added, what specific use would it be?

As a day-trader, when trying to make sense of market movements, it helps significantly to be able to tell whether groups of buys and sells have been made by the same person, or are a bunch of different people.

For example, say about 100 AM-PT shares have just been sold into the bid wall with a fair amount of slippage in the last 5 minutes. If it was sold by several different people, I will assign very different probabilities to various scenarios of what might be happening than if it was a single whale getting out.

I've frequently wished that information was available, but I don't mind it not being available to me as long as it's a fair, level playing field. Smiley
legendary

Cheers.
Please could this be either added to the history tab or passed to bitcoin-assets' assbot, for the benefit of those battling without robotic assistance?

I think passing it through assbot would require assbot support.  (It's not my bot, it's a bot run by Kakobrekla)

Cheers.

Cheers.
Please could this be either added to the history tab or passed to bitcoin-assets' assbot, for the benefit of those battling without robotic assistance?
legendary

Cheers.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
Hi Moderators,

Could you please review "SMIDGE.COM-A" at https://btct.co/security/SMIDGE.COM-A and cast your vote on it. As discussed with Ethan, I would like to sync the IPO phase to start on Saturday, Aug 10th 7pm EST (Sunday, Aug 11th 1am CET).

I will gladly answer all upcoming questions.

Thanks a lot in advance!

BTC-TC down for others too? I first got an access denied error when logging in and now I can't even open the main page ("Please try again in a few minutes" message).

edit: It's back and I can log in again.
legendary
My next steps:
    - Extend the wait time.  It's 30 seconds right now, I may extend it to 60 seconds.
    - Speed up the trade engine.  This has been an ongoing process and I'll keep after it.

Does that mean the time between two API trades is 30 seconds? If so please don't extend it to 60  Kiss

No, it's how long it will wait trying to get the lock before giving the lock timeout error.  Wink
Activity: 546
"Access Temporarily Denied"
grr
Quick question regarding the timestamp of trades in the trade history csv from the API: In which timezone are these timestamps? I'm currently getting GMT+1 (while being in GMT+2 myself) and I'm wondering if this will stay GMT+1 all year round or if it'll switch back to GMT when summertime ends (that is, the timestamp follows British time, BST).

The timezone selector stores your option not as GMT+/-, but as the actual locale you select.  So part of the year (unfortunately, and I need to fix this...) the drop-down is actually incorrect for locales that recognize DST.

So for instance, if you select "Europe/Brussels", that is what gets stored in the DB, and that is what all the time calculations will be based on, taking DST into account IF that locale recognizes it per Linux's locale settings.

Hope that helps make sense of it.  I do need to dynamically generate the display in the dropdown of GMT+XX:00 or GMT-XX:00, etc.  PHP makes it a bit of a PITA though.

Does this also cause the CSV-trade-history and the trade history on the webpage to be different? Right now the webpage shows my local time for my trades, while the time in the CSV is an hour behind.

Also, would it be possible to just select UTC as timezone and then deal with timezone business / DST locally? Or just have the API always return time-data in UTC.
Pages:
Jump to: