Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED] - page 56. (Read 316457 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love Bitcoin
can i get the BTC-TC trading app from website not from google?
pls assist
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Hi burnside,

I am worried about if all the users' Bitcoins of BTCT are stored safely. 
Are you store all users' Bitcoins in a cold wallet?
Will you use part of users' Bitcoins for other purpose?
Do you implement full reserve or partial reserve of users' Bitcoins?
Could you give out the cold and hot wallet BTC address? So we can check whether all the users' Bitcoins are there and not used for other purpose, and to let us know you are execute a "full reserve" for all users' bitcoins on your site.

Thanks

Giving out the cold and hot wallet addresses is pointless because you have no idea what the sum total of everyone's deposits are and I have no way to prove it even if I told you...

I will however state that we do not run a fractional reserve, nor do we use the bitcoins on deposit for anything.  They just sit there.

Cheers.

legendary
I kind of wonder what layers of caching there might be between you and us.  Any proxies you use?  Browser cache?  That sort of thing?

Cheers.

^ some minutes later.

Confirmed by two others. It's not a remote problem and I didn't change anything. No proxy, different browsers.

/api/tradeHistory/ slight delay
/api/tradeHistory/SYMBOL major delay
/api/tradeHistory/ticker slight delay*
/api/tradeHistory/ticker/SYMBOL seems to be okay
assbot in IRC has a major delay
/api/orders/SYMBOL seems to be okay
realtime ticker on btct.co is live

A slight delay is somewhere around 10 minutes, major delay over 30 minutes.

* /ticker had a delay of 1-3 minutes a few days ago, but anything else was live. All timespans are estimates.

I think I figured this out.  The purge of the cache on the trade histories for each trade wasn't always working.  There's caching a lot of places for a few minutes, but not purging was causing some caching to be as long as an hour on certain chunks of data.

Cheers.
Activity: 105
Merit: 12
is there an easy way to input BTCT data into google docs?

like if i wanted the ask price from https://btct.co/api/ticker/COGNITIVE
how would i go about doing it?

This might be interesting for you:

[Tools] Google Spreadsheets auto-updating portfolio JSON functions.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tools-google-spreadsheets-auto-updating-portfolio-json-functions-140427

thanks exactly what i was looking for!
legendary
Merit: 1026

This might be interesting for you:

[Tools] Google Spreadsheets auto-updating portfolio JSON functions.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tools-google-spreadsheets-auto-updating-portfolio-json-functions-140427
Activity: 105
Merit: 12

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hi burnside,

I am worried about if all the users' Bitcoins of BTCT are stored safely. 
Are you store all users' Bitcoins in a cold wallet?
Will you use part of users' Bitcoins for other purpose?
Do you implement full reserve or partial reserve of users' Bitcoins?
Could you give out the cold and hot wallet BTC address? So we can check whether all the users' Bitcoins are there and not used for other purpose, and to let us know you are execute a "full reserve" for all users' bitcoins on your site.

Thanks
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
Confirmed by two others. It's not a remote problem and I didn't change anything. No proxy, different browsers.

* /ticker had a delay of 1-3 minutes a few days ago, but anything else was live. All timespans are estimates.
I noticed the same things on the website. Orders were fullfilled but not yet listed in the history. That happened first around a week ago.
I can't tell if the API is also affected, but I guess both work on the same datasource.
legendary
I kind of wonder what layers of caching there might be between you and us.  Any proxies you use?  Browser cache?  That sort of thing?

Cheers.

^ some minutes later.

legendary
Is the API broken? /api/tradeHistory/ has massive delays.

AFAIK, there's a 10 minute cache.  How long of a delay are you seeing?  

If you want something a little quicker, you can pull from my feed here (I plan on making it a little prettier eventually):

http://coinflow.co/livetrades

There's an SSE stream at /livetradeevents/ which aggregates data from assbot and assetbot on IRC.   It's not the 'definitive' source since it isn't the API (I use API data in the charts for BTCTC, not assbot data), but it's still reliable.

Actually there was no delay till now. Smiley

Last trade @ /tradeHistory/ at unixtime 1376333707 (~34 minutes ago).

And /api/tradeHistory/LABCOIN for example stucks at 1376332899 (~49 minutes ago).

I kind of wonder what layers of caching there might be between you and us.  Any proxies you use?  Browser cache?  That sort of thing?

Cheers.
legendary

AFAIK, there's a 10 minute cache.  How long of a delay are you seeing?  

If you want something a little quicker, you can pull from my feed here (I plan on making it a little prettier eventually):

There's an SSE stream at /livetradeevents/ which aggregates data from assbot and assetbot on IRC.   It's not the 'definitive' source since it isn't the API (I use API data in the charts for BTCTC, not assbot data), but it's still reliable.

Actually there was no delay till now. Smiley

Last trade @ /tradeHistory/ at unixtime 1376333707 (~34 minutes ago).

And /api/tradeHistory/LABCOIN for example stucks at 1376332899 (~49 minutes ago).
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

AFAIK, there's a 10 minute cache.  How long of a delay are you seeing? 

There's an SSE stream at /livetradeevents/ which aggregates data from assbot and assetbot on IRC.   It's not the 'definitive' source since it isn't the API (I use API data in the charts for BTCTC, not assbot data), but it's still reliable.
legendary
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Any ETA on the BTCGarden buyback?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Burnside, would you please consider adding an email alert option for each btct.co and litecoinglobal login attempt/success?

BTC-e has this alert option, and I think it is really helpful to see if someone is trying to crack an account or verify a stolen password.

I do have 2FA, but the login email alert would give some much welcomed added comfort. I'd really appreciate your consideration!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
I'm a little confused how this BTCgarden buyback works.  I go to my portfolio and I see an internal transfer box with BTCgarden in it.  Okay, now what?

You won't need to do anything.  Just wait - and when they do the buyback your shares will go and the BTC from the buyback will arrive in your account.

This.  Sit tight.  Wink

Cheers.

Thanks,at least we aren't getting fucked over...
legendary
I'm a little confused how this BTCgarden buyback works.  I go to my portfolio and I see an internal transfer box with BTCgarden in it.  Okay, now what?

You won't need to do anything.  Just wait - and when they do the buyback your shares will go and the BTC from the buyback will arrive in your account.

This.  Sit tight.  Wink

Cheers.
legendary
Nice catch, thank you!
Litecoin Global is also crying for a fix! Cheesy

Edit:

I was wondering, when 2 orders have the same price, the older one gets filled first right?

LTC-GLOBAL should be fixed now too.  And yes, orders at the same price are filled FIFO.

Cheers.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
This will be interesting to see all this bitcoin flood back into BTCT.  Where it goes nobody knows. 
*makes popcorn*
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Pages:
Jump to: