Pages:
Author

Topic: BTER.com hacked| 7170 BTC stolen | DON'T KEEP YOUR MONEY ON AN EXCHANGE | - page 2. (Read 119637 times)

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3534
Nec Recisa Recedit
I can't see ticker for BTRX. Also My CNY is empty Sad
There isn't any track of this money literally disappeared Sad  Cry (200$ !!!)

Also my history show last ZEC trade... and this is what I can see in my wallets right now:

CNY Chinese Yuan   0.030575   
BTC Bitcoin   0.000046   
BCC BCC   0.000046   

They converted BTC Pending to BTRX, and progressively bought back the BTRX balance from users (with CNY)

Check if you have a CNY balance from those automatic sales. I doubt it will be worth anything near 0.05 BTC. Sad

Any idea almightyruler ?!  Huh Embarrassed

BTRX disappeared because they paid it all off. Yeah, that doesn't look right, you should have tens or hundreds of CNY.

Check the list of deposits at the bottom of this page, it should show "BTRX_REDEMPTION" entries, which is bter buying it back for CNY: https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/CNY

Are you sure you didn't sell off your BTRX already?

You can check trade history here: https://bter.com/myaccount/myhistory

Oh Gosh! You are right! I have already traded my btrx... thank you for your help.
I have checked my history and here the mistery is solved:
54.772000 BTRX   0.0040 BTC
Just 10% (more or less) of what I have initially loss here....  The other 90% is definitely lose?!
Did you have any... good news? Likely a new payback to old users? Sad

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

Also my history show last ZEC trade... and this is what I can see in my wallets right now:

BTC Bitcoin   0.000046   
BCC BCC   0.000046   

They converted BTC Pending to BTRX, and progressively bought back the BTRX balance from users (with CNY)

Check if you have a CNY balance from those automatic sales. I doubt it will be worth anything near 0.05 BTC. Sad

BTRX disappeared because they paid it all off. Yeah, that doesn't look right, you should have tens or hundreds of CNY.

Check the list of deposits at the bottom of this page, it should show "BTRX_REDEMPTION" entries, which is bter buying it back for CNY: https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/CNY

Are you sure you didn't sell off your BTRX already?

You can check trade history here: https://bter.com/myaccount/myhistory
legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit

BTC Bitcoin   0.000046   
BCC BCC   0.000046   

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
i never used or trusted Chinese exchange bter is example .
legendary
I can't see anymore my old balance of btc pending.
Close to 0,05 btc after a couple of years, and 10% as cashback (withdraw ZEC without passport!), now the balance is 0!
There is not anymore the ticker BTC_Pending.

There are some news about this change? Because a site that "lose" money and decide to not offer any insurance to their members is just a scam site, and no one should trust their exchange.

ps: take a look of their guide: https://bter.com/docs/Bter_UserGuide.pdf
Some one could explain why they offer a service in english with a chinese guide?!? Huh

legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
I can't see anymore my old balance of btc pending.
Close to 0,05 btc after a couple of years, and 10% as cashback (withdraw ZEC without passport!), now the balance is 0!
There is not anymore the ticker BTC_Pending.

There are some news about this change? Because a site that "lose" money and decide to not offer any insurance to their members is just a scam site, and no one should trust their exchange.

ps: take a look of their guide: https://bter.com/docs/Bter_UserGuide.pdf
Some one could explain why they offer a service in english with a chinese guide?!? Huh
legendary
Just logged into bter for the first time in a while, and noticed that I didn't have to enter 2FA... just user, pass, and the CAPTCHA value.

I have 2FA enabled and I've always had to enter it at login time.

Not sure what that's all about.
legendary
Gonna perform the KYC, is there any information on the passport I can/should blur out while still getting passed? Or must it all be visible, face as well on the third photo?

Sometimes a service will let you submit two images of the same document, each with watermarks in different positions. This way you can take two photos from slightly different angles, so they cannot (easily) be digitally combined into a single valid document.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Gonna perform the KYC, is there any information on the passport I can/should blur out while still getting passed? Or must it all be visible, face as well on the third photo?
Activity: 10
I managed to convert to ZEC and withdrew.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
i tried to compile the form with kyc documents, but ever print error... Huh

My kyc its approved but i can't do withdrawal my coins  Huh Huh Huh Angry Angry Angry

someone know any news?

its up or fake exchange hacked?

Fake: no
Hacked: maybe
Terrible support: YES

when i'll take some news , i'll write here, i must try to sell all altcoins and move btc...staytuned  Undecided
legendary

My kyc its approved but i can't do withdrawal my coins  Huh Huh Huh Angry Angry Angry

someone know any news?

Fake: no
Hacked: maybe
Terrible support: YES

someone know any news?

legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
their reply sounds as a joke: Send a ticket

Cheesy

most of their user have experienced a lot of issues and ticket without reply Smiley
I have checked now my bter profile... and I don't have anymore btc pending/old btc stolen Sad by bter in my account! Where this money gone? Their bullshit "we will pay you" it's finally ended?
I don't know why this happen but it's really sadly see this scam exchange already operating Sad

Bter's twitter says it plans to buy back all the BTRX very soon. Maybe that's why you don't have don't have anymore btc pending, or maybe not.

https://twitter.com/btercom/status/882069497951264769

We plan to buy back all the BTRX very soon and keep distributing part of our revenue to all the affected users.

Sadly the first comment to that tweet is by someone who can't login to bter.

Bulshit. Bter is a thief, my account can't login. finally balance of 0.2btc lost in eating by the owner
legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
I have checked now my bter profile... and I don't have anymore btc pending/old btc stolen Sad by bter in my account! Where this money gone? Their bullshit "we will pay you" it's finally ended?
I don't know why this happen but it's really sadly see this scam exchange already operating Sad
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
What happened to bter's trollbox? When I checked the site today it had disappeared, and it's always been there before. Has bter removed it to hide complaints made in it?

But did it ever work?

I knew that it was there but I never tried to use it myself and it didn't look functioning at all back in the day. Aside from that, I don't really like the idea of trollboxes. For example, Btce-e has a chatbox but I used it only once to ask some serious question about withdrawals (or something to that tune), and my question got completely lost and ignored in some shitty discussion. Bitfinex doesn't have this feature, and I don't think that they are in any way worse for the lack of it. So, maybe, Bter chose to get rid of it too. Anyway, it would require moderation but given the state of this exchange, there are likely no moderators there (and no one wanting to become them)
What happened to bter's trollbox? When I checked the site today it had disappeared, and it's always been there before. Has bter removed it to hide complaints made in it?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
FYI: I've just cleared everything out using ZEC. The effective loss from doing BTC->ZEC on bter then ZEC->BTC on poloniex is about 10%.

I chose this coin because it ranks as one of the best solutions in my arb system, and the withdrawal fee is relatively low.

No guarantees it will work for you, but something to consider.

I decided to cash out my BTRX whilst I was at it because of the risk of being locked out of all withdrawals at some point (I have no passport)

Great! It's work! Finally I can get 8% of my total loss!
Pages:
Jump to: