Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 23. (Read 407326 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
September 26, 2013, 12:48:10 PM
1st lock the shares (Now)

2nd move to another exchange (before the end of next week)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
September 26, 2013, 06:13:41 AM
I dont quite understand how WE is "just one thing that could go wrong". Its literally like 1 minute that you have your BTC at that site and tranfer is instant. Ukyo own both of them and I never Had even smallest problem with WE, also it provides extra security for you.
I haven't had any problems with WE either. It still seems like an unnecessary extra step and a potential point of failure though. We don't know, for example, that BF and WE are hosted on the same servers. It's entirely possible WE could go down while BF remains operational.

creativex - Any thoughts on when and where we might list? Clearly there are only a few options and none can give any sort of guarantee that they will remain open and free from regulatory intervention. Do we accept that and look towards the established exchanges with solid failsafe procedures? In which case BF and Havelock both seem fine.
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
September 26, 2013, 04:47:09 AM
Well I'd prefer Havelock over BitFunder anyway, Havelock looks more professional (it's not about looks I know) and doesn't have a funky funding way. WebEx is just one more thing that could go wrong for BitFunder.

And besides, here in Canada we have much different laws than the USA, I know you don't hear about Canada website takedowns much, if ever. But to be 100% safe these places need to host in countries with slack laws on this sort of stuff IMO.

I dont quite understand how WE is "just one thing that could go wrong". Its literally like 1 minute that you have your BTC at that site and tranfer is instant. Ukyo own both of them and I never Had even smallest problem with WE, also it provides extra security for you.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
September 25, 2013, 09:34:39 PM
Well I'd prefer Havelock over BitFunder anyway, Havelock looks more professional (it's not about looks I know) and doesn't have a funky funding way. WebEx is just one more thing that could go wrong for BitFunder.

And besides, here in Canada we have much different laws than the USA, I know you don't hear about Canada website takedowns much, if ever. But to be 100% safe these places need to host in countries with slack laws on this sort of stuff IMO.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
September 25, 2013, 05:07:48 PM
first off...what a ride its been...I sold everything off few weeks ago...still kicking myself for not selling off when i had double my coins but oh well...still made a couple hundred off btctc...lucky i sold then and not now...well good luck to you creativex n everyone else...I'm cashing out my btc for fiat since i dunno if it is going to hit over 200 anytime soon...plus i need to pay off some bills...btc is just way to unstable for my taste...turned 500-1k (didn't really keep that good track what i put into btc) into 5k...I'll take it Cheesy cya
Activity: 492
September 25, 2013, 02:02:41 PM
Burnside, can you tell us if you are in legal trouble? Or is it just possible legal trouble?

Things are pretty ugly for me right now.

I don't think I can comment beyond that.

Burnside, would you say the same for any of your issuers? Or are they out of harm's way?

Thanks for your posts and transparency.

Burnside's reply:

I don't know, but anyone involved in unregistered securities in the US should probably seek legal advice.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
September 24, 2013, 04:33:30 PM
Hi Esh, thanks for the headsup. I keep abreast of economic freedom trends around the globe and am acutely aware that sadly Canada recently surpassed the US in this area. That said, I was going by what Havelock management themselves have stated very recently:

Could what happened to BTC.TC also happen with Havelock? What is the legal situation in Canada regarding virtual exchanges?

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3219266

Worst case is we re-list somewhere that offers no greater stability than what we had at btct.co.

Just to throw in some information they have a company lightbox technologies and run their own exchange at canadianbitcoins.com along with havelock.

They also talk a fair bit with cavirtex so they are in my opinion one of the leaders in determining the legal environment in Canada.
http://www.lightbox.ca/
https://www.canadianbitcoins.com/

That said when burnside gives more info havelock will be able to reply better so we can just observe for now.

Could what happened to BTC.TC also happen with Havelock? What is the legal situation in Canada regarding virtual exchanges?

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

As an off-side was talking with Milo from Emgateway and was wondering if your legal team is running into similar issues.
As a recommendation sometimes it makes more sense to get it going then work on the regulators  Smiley

We don't actually know what BTC-TC's issues were so I can't even say if they are similar.  
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 24, 2013, 01:45:24 PM
Hi Esh, thanks for the headsup. I keep abreast of economic freedom trends around the globe and am acutely aware that sadly Canada recently surpassed the US in this area. That said, I was going by what Havelock management themselves have stated very recently:

We don't know exactly whhy BTC-TC decided to close operations, only what's been mentioned on the threads.  We're still having ongoing discussions with our legal team in order to keep Havelock operational.

Worst case is we re-list somewhere that offers no greater stability than what we had at btct.co.
Esh
Activity: 13
September 24, 2013, 01:39:53 PM
The regulatory environment in Canada is rather more promising than the present situation in the United States, due to a regulatory ruling regarding Bitcoin last year on the part of Revenue Canada (the Canadian equivalent of the IRS). Under Canadian law, Bitcoins are most analogous to gold (i.e. a commodity) and are not money. When exchanging Bitcoins for fiat, one therefore creates the only relevant taxable event in the chain of transactions. The differences between the securities environments in the United States and Canada are also worth noting. Canada lacks a federal securities regulator (despite a small step having been taking towards one last week), and the provincial securities regulators are therefore less powerful and consequently far less aggressive than the SEC. Most security regulation infractions in Canada are a civil matter rather than criminal and IIROC (the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada) is a opt-in style self-policing organization within the securities industry rather than a government agency.

Some sources to get you started on your own reading if you're curious:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/revenue-canada-says-bitcoins-aren-t-tax-exempt-1.1395075
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/flaherty-new-securities-regulator/article14407154/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_securities_regulation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investment_Industry_Regulatory_Organization_of_Canada
September 24, 2013, 01:22:10 PM
Nothing.

I like Havelock, but they're still exploring the legality of operations within their own regulatory environment(Canada).
Activity: 364
September 24, 2013, 11:23:04 AM
I'm sorry, but what's to stop BitFunder from going south tomorrow? Or did I miss something?
Activity: 406
September 24, 2013, 02:59:46 AM
How about franchising Asicminer blades? No risk, just profit!  Grin

Franchising
The board is working to polish the franchising program and is currently discussing the idea of hosting auctions to determine the best pay-per-share rates for ASICMINER, and what profitability the franchises require to operate. ASICMINER intends to grow the franshising program at a faster pace in October, so please participate in this process if you are capable of hosting blades and looking to mitigate some of your risks in buying hardware.
In order to make accurate bids, franchisees need 3 things:
1) Some of the blades as a sample, so they can plan and see what they are doing.
2) Reliable estimates and timelines for delivery, as this can severely impact the ability to operate efficiently.
3) Clear terms or a formula to know when their PPS value can be adjusted as the difficulty increases.
Activity: 32
September 24, 2013, 12:09:50 AM
Hey don't mean to throw the thread off topic, pm'd you a few times about the motherboard/cpu/H100 and wasn't sure if you received them.

Anyway just wanted to check if they're still available before I sent payment? Thanks! Smiley

Hi Kuschelweich. They are, and you may. *PLEASE* do not forget to pm or email me your shipping address. Payment address is in my sig.

Cheers.

Just sent payment and PM'd the info. Thanks! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
September 23, 2013, 07:31:47 PM
Bitfunder sucks but I haven't had any issues moving BTC to or from Bitfunder via WeEx. It's just an annoying extra step.
Havelock is the alternative (better website IMO).

Do you know what's the daily volume on Havelock ?

Can see from the funds page
https://www.havelockinvestments.com/funds.php
Average about 300 BTC a day over the last 7 days
Can be higher or lower depending on IPOs from personal experience it is quite liquid and probably will see a rise in users after the btct userbase looks for a new place to hang out in.

Legal:
September 23, 2013, 06:22:14 PM
He answered the question before you asked it.

Labcoin & ActM have a combined hash rate of 1213Gh/s. Their share prices are clearly not based on fundamentals, but rather on something else...

I wasn't talking about either companies. It was that weirdo that was talking for me. I don't own shares from any of those companies. Quite stupid how you totally missed that.
Then again you must have a little hatred inside of you because i said i don't think your shares won't go up anymore.
So you attacking me is ofcourse more important than making sense.
Anyway, don't bother replying. I won't visit this thread anymore. I'm interested in making money instead. Buh bye  Kiss

Fair enough, I'll stop, umm...attacking you.
Activity: 672
September 23, 2013, 06:00:33 PM

Labcoin & ActM have a combined hash rate of 1213Gh/s. Their share prices are clearly not based on fundamentals, but rather on something else...

I wasn't talking about either companies. It was that weirdo that was talking for me. I don't own shares from any of those companies. Quite stupid how you totally missed that.
Then again you must have a little hatred inside of you because i said i don't think your shares won't go up anymore.
So you attacking me is ofcourse more important than making sense.
Anyway, don't bother replying. I won't visit this thread anymore. I'm interested in making money instead. Buh bye  Kiss
September 23, 2013, 05:58:14 PM
How is buying at ipo and selling when it's worth 3 times as much a guaranteed loss. I seriously can't wait for your answer.
So you made some change by short-term trading. We all do.
Nice try at changing the subject - the truth is that most investors haven't been able to sell at more than IPO. Look at the volumes.

Change of subject? Haha wtf?
Oh, you were seriously saying that you hope to sell at 3× IPO, not that you did, then?

What are you talking about? You assume too many things. You're attacking me just to attack me. Not only that, you are also completely wrong.I'm putting you on ignore so i'll make sure not to waste any more time on you. Bye Smiley
September 23, 2013, 05:56:03 PM
Hey don't mean to throw the thread off topic, pm'd you a few times about the motherboard/cpu/H100 and wasn't sure if you received them.

Anyway just wanted to check if they're still available before I sent payment? Thanks! Smiley

Hi Kuschelweich. They are, and you may. *PLEASE* do not forget to pm or email me your shipping address. Payment address is in my sig.

Cheers.

Activity: 32
September 23, 2013, 05:37:57 PM

September 23, 2013, 05:36:44 PM
How is buying at ipo and selling when it's worth 3 times as much a guaranteed loss. I seriously can't wait for your answer.
So you made some change by short-term trading. We all do.
Nice try at changing the subject - the truth is that most investors haven't been able to sell at more than IPO. Look at the volumes.

Change of subject? Haha wtf?
Pages:
Jump to: