Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 25. (Read 407326 times)

Activity: 656
Merit: 500
September 23, 2013, 06:45:29 AM
Too bad this isnt trading security buying as much AM shares as possible on BTCT would be soo good with the amount of BTCs we have in savings.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
September 23, 2013, 06:03:35 AM
Not so worried about CreativeX and Basic shares being in limbo when Btct shuts down
But are we going to do a motion on what exchange to relist in ?
Personally I see either havelock or bitfunder as viable exchanges preference to havelock but that's my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
September 23, 2013, 05:59:22 AM
Oops, somebody gave a few shares away:
2013-09-23 09:24:32 Market Sell 9 @฿0.02651 (฿0.23859)
2013-09-23 08:52:41 Market Sell 10 @฿0.011 (฿0.11)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
September 23, 2013, 04:02:53 AM
For the next 3 days, prices have been slashed on Baby Jet’s and Sierra’s. Now is the time to invest in additional rigs. Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3206863
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/3-day-sale-on-baby-jet-or-sierra-299193

Looks like $5/Gh for sierra and allegedly for November delivery, though delivery isn't guaranteed until 1/31/2014.

Let's get 5 Sierras with MPP and 5 without.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
September 23, 2013, 03:56:46 AM
And btco is shutting down  Cry . What is the plan for the shares/site move, creativex?
That was a bit of a shock. Surely Burnside could sell the site so it can be operated from somewhere more virtual currency friendly. Undecided

It's a shame, btc-tc is a great website. Much easier to use than Bitfunder or Havelock (Havelock being my second pref).
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 23, 2013, 03:51:05 AM
And btco is shutting down  Cry . What is the plan for the shares/site move, creativex?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 23, 2013, 12:21:43 AM
For the next 3 days, prices have been slashed on Baby Jet’s and Sierra’s. Now is the time to invest in additional rigs. Sale ends Monday at 11:59PM PST!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3206863
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/3-day-sale-on-baby-jet-or-sierra-299193

Looks like $5/Gh for sierra and allegedly for November delivery, though delivery isn't guaranteed until 1/31/2014.
September 22, 2013, 03:06:39 PM
Thanks JimiQ84. Function >>> Form.

That's a thread I follow, but I hadn't checked it in a few days. It'd take some while to safely mod each h board, but these mods are comfortably within my abilities. The bitfury kit was built for max efficiency and not performance so it's not much of a surprise that people are squeezing significantly more from their kits given time to tweak. Pencil mods employed to simulate parallel resistors and therefore drop resistance and increase voltage have been around for quite some time. I noticed he has only 10 of 16 H boards in there, I wonder if we'd be well served looking for a third M board to lower the density of our h card deployment.   

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
September 22, 2013, 11:47:41 AM
This looks like nice setup of bitfury rig, with the RAM heatsinks

Hi,

my Boards now hashing at around 313gh/s (original around 170gh/s)
1,1kQhm

puffmais

I like Bitfury - they do a lot for the Bitcoin community in terms of hardware and software development and Bitcoin promotion but holy smokes,  there is no case nor any semblance of stabilization for those top-heavy cards on that somewhat flimsy-looking, uninsulated backplane.  Sure it shipped as a kit but for the cost of the machine it looks rather like Mickey MouseTM hashing.  For $10k more, one could have purchased a used DeLoreanTM, traveled to the future and brought back a Gen5 miner.  Oh well, hopefully those that purchased the first shipment will at least break even but I wont hold my breath.  You know, one could probably break even selling the DeLoreanTM in a year or two if they weren't able to find a Gen5 miner in the future. I move that we buy a DeLoreanTM with our Bitcoin stash for Creativex to go to the future Wink

Take care

Activity: 406
September 22, 2013, 07:55:57 AM
This looks like nice setup of bitfury rig, with the RAM heatsinks

Hi,

my Boards now hashing at around 313gh/s (original around 170gh/s)
1,1kQhm

puffmais
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
September 20, 2013, 05:02:47 PM
Well, seems that BM has found it's "all-time-low" price (>post-IPO). Time to wake up the market and grow again Smiley

Hi AngelSky. Finding more hashes is easy...finding more hashes that have a good chance of providing a positive ROI in this environment is a significant challenge. Keeping your wallet closed in an environment in which mining hardware has been rapidly depreciating has proven the right course of action in the past. Naturally I'm on the lookout for the rare opportunity to grow our hashrate if the associated risk is acceptable. I view our 800Gh bitfury order as just such an opportunity. If you look at FCTaiChi's excellent chart located here http://decentralizedhashing.com/bitcoin-mining-equipment-table/ bitfury for October delivery stands alone as the only non-vaporware product with a projected positive ROI across the board.

Cheers.

Yup I know. We keep talking about that with matt4054 who is a real miner (unlike me).

What about bitmine? Seems interesting?
September 20, 2013, 11:52:14 AM
Well, seems that BM has found it's "all-time-low" price (>post-IPO). Time to wake up the market and grow again Smiley

Hi AngelSky. Finding more hashes is easy...finding more hashes that have a good chance of providing a positive ROI in this environment is a significant challenge. Keeping your wallet closed in an environment in which mining hardware has been rapidly depreciating has proven the right course of action in the past. Naturally I'm on the lookout for the rare opportunity to grow our hashrate if the associated risk is acceptable. I view our 800Gh bitfury order as just such an opportunity. If you look at FCTaiChi's excellent chart located here http://decentralizedhashing.com/bitcoin-mining-equipment-table/ bitfury for October delivery stands alone as the only non-vaporware product with a projected positive ROI across the board.

Cheers.
September 20, 2013, 11:38:30 AM
do we have the information when will BitFury US start delivering october units? Or if there is some further delay in delivering august units? Could creativex find out with PM?

Hi JimiQ84. Last public guidance from buzzdave indicated end of October for delivery. I believe he also made a public post indicating that the last of the August deliveries had shipped, but I'd have to confirm. It seems safe to say that megabigpower & bitfurystrikesback have raised the, admittedly low, bar on ASIC equipment vendors meeting expectations.

I've been negotiating bulk rates with a few of the respectable DIY vendors that have working designs based on the bitfury chip, but I'll not commit to anything that doesn't give us a positive projected ROI.

Cheers.

good news as always, thanks :-)
September 20, 2013, 11:34:49 AM
do we have the information when will BitFury US start delivering october units? Or if there is some further delay in delivering august units? Could creativex find out with PM?

Hi JimiQ84. Last public guidance from buzzdave indicated end of October for delivery. I believe he also made a public post indicating that the last of the August deliveries had shipped, but I'd have to confirm. It seems safe to say that megabigpower & bitfurystrikesback have raised the, admittedly low, bar on ASIC equipment vendors meeting expectations.

I've been negotiating bulk rates with a few of the respectable DIY vendors that have working designs based on the bitfury chip, but I'll not commit to anything that doesn't give us a positive projected ROI.

Cheers.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
September 20, 2013, 09:44:38 AM
September 20, 2013, 07:20:40 AM
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
September 18, 2013, 06:13:46 PM
.... I don't want to spend a lot of time managing the share price that would be better spent managing the direction of the company itself.

This is true. Create value in the company and the share price will follow. (Well, at least it should follow.)
September 18, 2013, 05:09:02 PM
Hi Creativex,

I see you took some advice on board. thanks Smiley

I still believe point 1 and 5 should be taken to get us in an even stronger position.

Point 1 is not about liquidity this time it is about small investors using their dividend to buy some Basicmining

continue the great work

CIX

Hi cix888. I tend to approach the decision making process pragmatically. As such, failing to consider the advice of others would be unwise.

Thanks for the kind words. I believe the entire mining community is in for a tough Q4...It's my intention to position us to weather the storm and land on our feet when things settle. I'll keep the options you've mentioned in mind, but I don't want to spend a lot of time managing the share price that would be better spent managing the direction of the company itself.

Cheers.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 18, 2013, 04:23:16 PM
I voted also, and I hope, it was right decision, and my vote will help us to become oligarchs Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
September 18, 2013, 10:01:39 AM
Hi creativex,

First I just wanted to say thanks for your hard work!

I have invested more than a year ago if I recall correctly for less than 1k USD and today I have a significant return on investment and collected a significant amount of dividend...

I'm a long term Investor nevertheless I would like to know what is your plan till the end of the year?

We have seen difficulty going up dramatically and our hashing power hasn't move in the last month. So I'm a little worry of the sell off we have seen in the stock... I have every confident it will turn around so I'm buying back lots of the stocks I sold above 0.7!

I believe a few things could help in the short term:

1) Doing a stock split again to get small investors interested and being able to compete with stocks like Labcoin, Activemining etc. (it's cosmetic but people will be more likely to buy a few shares if it's "lower", it's purely psychological)

2) reassure Investors that Basic mining has a plan for the end of the year and for next year (especially when difficulty will stabilize and all ASIC or most are out)

3) Sell our "barely profitable" ASIC mining gear before it rocks bottom!  

4) try to increase our hashing power with difficulty (I know this one is hard but we need to increase at least 10% when the difficulty goes up that much otherwise dividend get diluted and impatient investors start selling like there is no tmw)

5) share buy-backs to increase the value of shares still available and reducing supply

Again I know you are working around the clock to make this venture profitable for everyone and I have every confident that you will be successful in the long run

regards,

CAA

Hi cix888. Thank you for trusting me with your hard earned funds.

My plan till the end of the year is to allow the current hardware price war to continue to play out and then to purchase gen2 ASIC mining gear at favorable rates. There are several new vendors coming on the scene in Q4 with 28nm designs and this is driving hardware prices down in anticipation.

Actually our hashing power has increased by 495Gh/s(+52.66%) in the last 30 days. It's just that this increase has done nothing to support the share price due to market perceptions. Please see btct.co news releases for details.

1) I don't see liquidity as a problem currently.

2) I've lain out my plan going forward numerous times, but perhaps a more concise news release could help to reassure those that do not follow us closely.

3) We don't have any barely profitable ASIC gear. Our least effective ASIC gear is a 3 module b2 Avalon that remains profitable for us.

4) This would doom us long term. If we spent large portions of our current resources on currently available hardware it would necessarily be hardware from Avalon, BFL, or ASICMiner. None if this hardware is expected to remain profitable long term. This is why I've suspended such purchases.

5) Share buy backs have been a topic of discussing over the past month+ and something I'm considering.

Thank you, I am reviewing options daily, there just aren't many available at this time as we're stuck between ASIC hardware cycles.

Cheers.  

Hi Creativex,

I see you took some advice on board. thanks Smiley

I still believe point 1 and 5 should be taken to get us in an even stronger position.

Point 1 is not about liquidity this time it is about small investors using their dividend to buy some Basicmining

continue the great work

CIX

Pages:
Jump to: