Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 52. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 08, 2013, 12:16:52 PM
I think people are just cashing to jump on the new icedrill IPO. When the hype will come down as usual, they will buy back asicminer and basicminer

After that therecwill be another ipo and another ipo.
I don't see how this will recover anymore.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
August 08, 2013, 12:07:27 PM
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 08, 2013, 10:47:39 AM
Market cap is 1.17b right now. That is not THAT much money when you think of traditional investing. As time passes and bitcoin adoption grows we will not only see more money in the bitcoin sphere but we will see these new bitcoin investors looking for places to put their money. bASIC is performing quite well given it's price and div payout. If you think this is cheap now (and it is) then yes, you should be buying. If you saw it go to .80 there is no reason it won't go there again. But with all these IPOs some people are taking their profits off the table and are looking to invest in newer opportunities.
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
August 08, 2013, 09:52:33 AM
Did you know that the market is not only driven by the fundamental ? And no, the share price was divided by 2 when the hashrate was doubled up.
...not only but in the long term this is what counts.

I'd like to hear some reasons that would justify a share price of 0.8 (or 0.3 if you want).

Just to be clear: I am not criticizing BasicMining, from what I have read creativex is doing an excellent job here. It just seems to me that such high share prices (Basic is not the only bubble) are not justified.

Basicmining is not a bond. The share value is not only obtained by actual dividends paid (and are alot compared to the other competitors) or actual mining power, but also on the potential the company has. Creativex demonstrated the ability to manage the company and increare shareholder's profits, so the share value reflects it, and if he will continue to improve basicmining, the value can only rise
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
August 08, 2013, 09:39:59 AM
Why do you think people bought share @ 0.8 a few weeks ago with half of our hashrate now ? Does it make sense to you ?
No it doesn't. It was a bubble and you won't see those prices again in the near future imo. And of course the difficulty goes up a longer time already.
People back then bought because of the good news (new hashpower) ignoring the fundamental facts.

Since nobody questioned it, I assume my calculation above is correct then?

Did you know that the market is not only driven by the fundamental ? And no, the share price was divided by 2 when the hashrate was doubled up.

Fundamental what ? And before we even think about it its not ,market is irrational. Especially the bitcoin ones. 95%+ of any investors in bitcoin world does not make their homework at all. They basically gamble on market nothing else. And the rest 5% that actually have a clue and do their math behind it have no other choice than play smart vs the other 95% rather then invest into smart spots.

EDIT : Oh you said IS NOT which I absolutely missed. Sorry

I do agree with your comment. But what is said to be "irrational" is rational to me. People are following the market even if it is far from the fundamentals. Play smart is what everyone is trying to do and only some of them make profits. In other words: +1 Cheesy
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
August 08, 2013, 09:17:44 AM
...not only but in the long term this is what counts.

I'd like to hear some reasons that would justify a share price of 0.8 (or 0.3 if you want).

Just to be clear: I am not criticizing BasicMining, from what I have read creativex is doing an excellent job here. It just seems to me that such high share prices (Basic is not the only bubble) are not justified.
Activity: 656
August 08, 2013, 09:16:12 AM
Why do you think people bought share @ 0.8 a few weeks ago with half of our hashrate now ? Does it make sense to you ?
No it doesn't. It was a bubble and you won't see those prices again in the near future imo. And of course the difficulty goes up a longer time already.
People back then bought because of the good news (new hashpower) ignoring the fundamental facts.

Fundamental what ? And before we even think about it its not ,market is irrational. Especially the bitcoin ones. 95%+ of any investors in bitcoin world does not make their homework at all. They basically gamble on market nothing else. And the rest 5% that actually have a clue and do their math behind it have no other choice than play smart vs the other 95% rather then invest into smart spots.

EDIT : Oh you said IS NOT which I absolutely missed. Sorry
August 08, 2013, 09:05:15 AM

August 08, 2013, 09:02:36 AM

August 08, 2013, 08:27:45 AM
I think people are just cashing to jump on the new icedrill IPO. When the hype will come down as usual, they will buy back asicminer and basicminer

As usual ? Cheesy

yes, why? o.O
August 08, 2013, 08:16:00 AM

As usual ? Cheesy
August 08, 2013, 08:14:43 AM
August 08, 2013, 08:11:33 AM
I think people should think about their risks. If you bet on the right horse (in the ASIC maker world), you'll get some coins Smiley If you don't, you'll lose a lot.
Actually, the right horse - the one that delivers - won't get you much anyway. Because the IPOs already give a very high valuation of the company. The dividends coming, if they actually come, will likely be very low.

So even if you bought a bit of all, considering one could compensate for the others, it likely wouldn't be enough.

I think you're right but I suspect the market to be a little bit too much volatile to say that people won't get much. Anyway I just don't bet on any horse right now. Daytrading is the best option for me atm. Don't you think ?
August 08, 2013, 08:01:26 AM
Bah, it's time to get almost free shares everywhere. I got some @ ~0.3 and I think that this sell out was pretty expensive xD
What does Basic-Mining have? If you value the 1Ths with 2000 BTC (which is high) and round the cash up to 2000BTC (almost doubled) Basic has a value of 4000 BTC which is less than 0.1 BTC/share.

(Let me know if I made a mistake here.)

With the difficulty skyrocketing Basic and similar securities will go down deeper (imo).

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 08, 2013, 08:01:07 AM
Hi coco23. Difficulty has been "skyrocketing" for quite some time.

The idea that the new companies are somehow immune will dissolve when they have to actually produce. They're not immune to the effects of difficulty increases either.

Cheers.
August 08, 2013, 07:56:09 AM
Bah, it's time to get almost free shares everywhere. I got some @ ~0.3 and I think that this sell out was pretty expensive xD
What does Basic-Mining have? If you value the 1Ths with 2000 BTC (which is high) and round the cash up to 2000BTC (almost doubled) Basic has a value of 4000 BTC which is less than 0.1 BTC/share.

(Let me know if I made a mistake here.)

With the difficulty skyrocketing Basic and similar securities will go down deeper (imo).
August 08, 2013, 07:45:48 AM
Most of the volume is chasing the ASICMiner Jrs. Some may come back when the new companies have to actually deliver results.

I think people should think about their risks. If you bet on the right horse (in the ASIC maker world), you'll get some coins Smiley If you don't, you'll lose a lot. I think that investing in business like bASIC-M is a must-need in a portfolio because of the low-risk and ROI. We have a lot of bitcoins to buy the best ASIC that will come and we don't have to take the risk of these fights.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 08, 2013, 07:34:40 AM
Most of the volume is chasing the ASICMiner Jrs. Some may come back when the new companies have to actually deliver results.
August 08, 2013, 07:24:57 AM
How'd I know some asshole was going to knock down that ~140 buy wall at ~.3?

I very much disapprove of you dumper(s), but on the other hand, I thank you.

Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
August 07, 2013, 11:46:26 PM
How'd I know some asshole was going to knock down that ~140 buy wall at ~.3?

I very much disapprove of you dumper(s), but on the other hand, I thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: