Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 50. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
August 10, 2013, 12:18:55 PM
I say let's wait for the first new vendor and then go his way :-)

btw Asicminer blades for 12BTC/13GH/s aren't an option I suppose

w8 and see who is going to die and who is going to win. Then pick the winner.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
August 10, 2013, 12:14:25 PM

Are those prices for the older but overclockable blades?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
August 10, 2013, 11:22:25 AM

Activity: 546
August 10, 2013, 12:31:29 AM
CX,

I've been drooling over the first-run HashFast machines, especially since finding out they're liquid-cooled.   Tongue

Pre-orders do not have a 100% failure rate.  G1 Avalons were spectacularly profitable.

IMO, Bitfuries are great at present but soon to be overtaken by 28nm tech, perhaps by Christmas.

Depending on your power costs and climate, YMMV.  

that's a whole season

avalons will have lasted for one summer season as well

I am not sure if this is such a downside

as the treasury fund balance will be able to roll into the next hardware purchases too

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 09, 2013, 04:40:01 PM
CX,

I've been drooling over the first-run HashFast machines, especially since finding out they're liquid-cooled.   Tongue

Pre-orders do not have a 100% failure rate.  G1 Avalons were spectacularly profitable.

IMO, Bitfuries are great at present but soon to be overtaken by 28nm tech, perhaps by Christmas.

Depending on your power costs and climate, YMMV. 
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
August 09, 2013, 03:50:27 PM
Looks like all the weak hands left

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
August 09, 2013, 12:38:43 PM
what I don't really understand/belief:
is this real for DMS.SELLING shares?
30d    979.06%
TIA

No, it doesn't take into account that value of DMS.SELLING drops after each divident.

Realistically, DMS.SELLING ROI might be around 10% over its lifetime... Definitely not more than 20%.

You might get higher ROI if you reinvest dividends back into DMS.SELLING, but, obviously, this makes risk higher.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
August 09, 2013, 12:21:47 PM
I think it might be worth considering hedging our current hardware and any future orders with Difficulty Futures and/or DMS.SELLING shares - which I'd be happy to discuss with you (creativex) if you're interested at all.
what I don't really understand/belief:
is this real for DMS.SELLING shares?
30d    979.06%
TIA
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
August 09, 2013, 11:33:49 AM
It's probably not something you want to do because it's closer to daytrading than mining, but buying stocks from other mining contracts ("PMBs") when they are blatantly undervalued and selling them when they are more attractive, while taking the PPS mining profits in between is something that has proved to be a valuable short/mid-term investment strategy as far as I'm concerned.

As for hardware purchase, I would hold the funds until September. We are in uncertain territory right now.

PMBs are absolutely not the way to go. We will always get better price performance from owned hardware. PMBs are for people who don't have their own hardware manager - which we do.

I think it might be worth considering hedging our current hardware and any future orders with Difficulty Futures and/or DMS.SELLING shares - which I'd be happy to discuss with you (creativex) if you're interested at all.

I'd suggest bM be nimble enough to act with purpose if, for example, the 1st and 2nd Gen ASICMiner blades are priced competitively - having actual hardware hashing is more valuable than any pre-order.

Disclosure: I've recently liquidated the balance of my bM position that isn't currently leveraged. I consider myself likely to re-establish the position in the near future.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
August 09, 2013, 10:59:07 AM
It's probably not something you want to do because it's closer to daytrading than mining, but buying stocks from other mining contracts ("PMBs") when they are blatantly undervalued and selling them when they are more attractive, while taking the PPS mining profits in between is something that has proved to be a valuable short/mid-term investment strategy as far as I'm concerned.

As for hardware purchase, I would hold the funds until September. We are in uncertain territory right now.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 09, 2013, 10:51:07 AM
Thanks for the confidence guys, it's appreciated.

I'd like to get as much feedback as possible in order to reach a consensus on the direction we should take going forward as far as future hardware purchases go. I favor Bitfury gear due to their efficiency claims and ability to demonstrate progress in their development process. On the other hand I've seen little evidence to convince me that knc will be able to deliver products on their timeline. Does anybody disagree with my take on this and if so why? Also does anybody have any other suggestions as far as which vendor they feel is a better choice and if so why?

Avalon has said they were done with pre-orders and that they were developing 55nm? chips of their own for October delivery. Clearly their reputation has been tarnished, but what's everyone's take on the latest from Bitsyncom?

Also as far as criteria go for hardware selection, my own priorities are as follows:

1) Credibility - Can this vendor deliver what they claim and most importantly can they deliver it WHEN they claim. To date pre-order vendors have a 100% failure rate, though obviously some have failed more spectacularly than others.

2) Efficiency - Will this product be hashing long enough to at least break even in the face of continued network expansion? This obviously affects resale price of hardware as well.

3) Price point - I believe this is self explanatory.

Cheers.
August 08, 2013, 11:13:34 PM
agreed. for the div yield, this is pretty damn appealing. even factoring in difficulty increases. there is a some decent margin of safety (as far as BTC investments go anyways)

I know, imagine doing 30% on margin, or in a collar spread, or doing a collar spread on margin. Easily 100% gain.
Activity: 322
Merit: 116
August 08, 2013, 10:40:16 PM
agreed. for the div yield, this is pretty damn appealing. even factoring in difficulty increases. there is a some decent margin of safety (as far as BTC investments go anyways)
August 08, 2013, 08:19:33 PM
The real question is how long basic can maintain a growth rate in excess of difficulty growth - and if difficulty growth will allow the investments past and future to reach lifetime positive yield. I think there's real risk in mining that just one or two new entrants could do serious damage to the profitability of already hashing hardware (let alone their now hardware).

I consider this, but for share price appreciation, people don't need to speculate on incoming hardware like they have in the past few weeks, basic just needs hardware to keep the yield exactly where it is now, and investors will not simply let a security have 30% annual dividends, they will push the price up till its back down to 8% or lower.

also look at the 1-month chart on coinflow.   .24 is a clear support area

although obviously the order book won't support it if someone still wants to sell lol. where are the market makers at?
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
August 08, 2013, 08:03:37 PM
The real question is how long basic can maintain a growth rate in excess of difficulty growth - and if difficulty growth will allow the investments past and future to reach lifetime positive yield. I think there's real risk in mining that just one or two new entrants could do serious damage to the profitability of already hashing hardware (let alone their now hardware).
August 08, 2013, 07:53:59 PM
yeah.

I held a little at .040, collected divs for a few weeks then sold for some more volatile pastures

then I bought in at .077 and rode it to .40, then sold

then I bought in at .45 and set a limit order at .95 to take advantage of the lack of liquidity in the face of good news

the limit order got filled so fast.

got some at .5 and sold at .7

I'm back in at .28 and here for the ride, without volatility this is a 30% annualized yield at these price levels, and given the size of the treasury we are very able to increase our hash rate to the keep up with network difficulty with more efficient hardware
Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
August 08, 2013, 07:31:45 PM
Everyone seems convinced the price decrease is a result of investors selling in order to get rich quick off IPOs. I've seen decent sells here and there on the books, but what about those "heavier" transactions? Could it be a single investor selling off his/her booty and/or just realizing some wealth?

Regardless everyone is mentioning the [conservative] fundamentals of bASIC-Mining and in the "long"-term, this foundation of disciplined thought and practice will allow creativeX/shareholders to quickly adapt to network difficulty by allocating reserve funds towards proven, powerful, efficient, cutting edge mining hardware. And profitable, I forgot to include profitable as well. Long after the shiny Labc0in/BTCgarden/iceyhot/conterra/bitfurry/kNc/avalone/BFL nuclear fallout settles.

Everything that shines aint always goin' be gold.

TLDR;

So in conclusion, please keep selling. I have no problem utilizing my IPO craze funds to strengthen my position in bASIC.

Enjoy the lower priced shares.

...Thank you?  Lips sealed

All in all, I find hedging my bitcoin exposure with bASIC-mining shares reassuring in a way. Foolish as it may appear, there's no use fretting on short term losses/gains. Investments aren't typically begun and completed within your arm length's worth of time.
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
August 08, 2013, 06:40:19 PM
I think we can all agree that bASIC-MINING now means exactly that. Mining with the fundamental basics.
Creativex has done an excellent job making sure the basics are covered.

Not succumbing to promises by ASIC companies (OK, just that once, and we will never speak of it again Cheesy ).
Caring for the equipment by adding additional cooling inside and out.
Tuning the equipment for efficiency.
Carefully evaluating opportunities and not jumping in with both feet.

Conservative basics like these have made this asset a strong value. Enjoy the lower priced shares.

Apologies to creativex for changing the meaning behind the asset's name: bASIC-MINING.

cannot agree more
Activity: 634
August 08, 2013, 04:24:56 PM
I think we can all agree that bASIC-MINING now means exactly that. Mining with the fundamental basics.
Creativex has done an excellent job making sure the basics are covered.

Not succumbing to promises by ASIC companies (OK, just that once, and we will never speak of it again Cheesy ).
Caring for the equipment by adding additional cooling inside and out.
Tuning the equipment for efficiency.
Carefully evaluating opportunities and not jumping in with both feet.

Conservative basics like these have made this asset a strong value. Enjoy the lower priced shares.

Apologies to creativex for changing the meaning behind the asset's name: bASIC-MINING.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 08, 2013, 04:09:05 PM
People are selling cheap to buy Labcoin now. They saw the Q&A that tells not much and they think they will become rich Cheesy
That Q&A made me want to sell all my Labcoin shares if I had any, given how ridiculous it was.

"but  we don't see how we are inferior to those vaporware companies"
"it's very unlikely we are making everything up"
labcoin lost already
Pages:
Jump to: