Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 68. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 544
Merit: 500
July 18, 2013, 10:57:42 AM
Double dividends heading to a place near you soon !   Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
July 18, 2013, 10:52:33 AM
Guess the sale has been made.  Now seeing 51625 outstanding shares on btct.   Good work creativex, and thanks for making the road trip to secure the rig!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 18, 2013, 12:52:32 AM
Basics a steady eddie so it might get some investors from the S.Dice legions to offset haha
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
July 17, 2013, 08:49:56 PM
There is no way the seller of the minirig is going to sit on over a thousand shares, I have a bad feeling that this new major shareholder might go on a selling spree or at least undercut current asks by a significant amount

Looks like someone may want to crash the price down a little a buy some more?  Wink  me too!
Activity: 420
July 17, 2013, 07:17:53 PM
There is no way the seller of the minirig is going to sit on over a thousand shares, I have a bad feeling that this new major shareholder might go on a selling spree or at least undercut current asks by a significant amount

Dude is instantly gonna be one of the biggest holders of Basic.  Even if he has no interest in staying in it long term, he has even less interest in cratering the price, for purely selfish reasons
Activity: 420
July 17, 2013, 07:16:41 PM
Fun and lucrative...shouldn't you be getting close to an on-paper fiat millionaire?

Well, if anyone really wants to know (and because it will embarrass creativex, plus I can get away with it because he's traveling right now) here are the numbers in his local fiat (USD):

10000 shares * BTC0.71393 (24hr avg share prices) * ~$92 (24hr avg Gox) = $661,838.80

This number does not include any dividends that holding 20% of the virtual stock would give him.

I'd say he's done a great job for less than a year's work.

In before he comes back with 3 minig rigs, 7 avalons and 5 singles

LOL  Cheesy

Yeah, I did some quick math @.8/share and $100/coin, then 325 more shares incoming and creatives holdings should have thrown off ~27 BTC in divs since inception.  Might seem hard to calculate based on changing # of shares and the split, but its just

Sum for all days of (each daily div amount*total # of shares outstanding that day*.2).

He is paying for all electricity/circuits/AC and all that which is probably starting to get significant, but ONE MILLION DOLLARS is a fun number to toss around Smiley
Activity: 634
July 17, 2013, 06:23:31 PM
Fun and lucrative...shouldn't you be getting close to an on-paper fiat millionaire?

Well, if anyone really wants to know (and because it will embarrass creativex, plus I can get away with it because he's traveling right now) here are the numbers in his local fiat (USD):

10000 shares * BTC0.71393 (24hr avg share prices) * ~$92 (24hr avg Gox) = $661,838.80

This number does not include any dividends that holding 20% of the virtual stock would give him.

I'd say he's done a great job for less than a year's work.

LOL  Cheesy
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
July 17, 2013, 05:33:49 PM
The whole order book does not support 1300 shares.

I'd be inclined to think he's more interested in investing in the company.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
July 17, 2013, 05:22:21 PM
I doubt he will crash the price, but there will probably be a few significant walls being put up at least.

I think you're right on that point, time will tell. But even if we get some walls, I don't know if this is a bad thing or not. If you want to make money fast and sell at the highest price, you may be disapointed (maybe not), but if you look further, I think the share price will be more stable and more attractive for people who wants to invest in a growing business.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 17, 2013, 05:14:43 PM

I share your concern, but let's be realistic. If you owned a minirig, why would you sell it ? Because you got the ROI. Sure he wants to make money with this transaction but it would be against his interest to crash the share price. I think it's a win-win investment for basic-mining and the seller.

Patrick

I doubt he will crash the price, but there will probably be a few significant walls being put up at least.
July 17, 2013, 05:08:27 PM

I share your concern, but let's be realistic. If you owned a minirig, why would you sell it ? Because you got the ROI. Sure he wants to make money with this transaction but it would be against his interest to crash the share price. I think it's a win-win investment for basic-mining and the seller.

Patrick
Activity: 238
July 17, 2013, 04:53:00 PM
Activity: 656
July 17, 2013, 03:05:59 PM
keep up the good work and have a safe ride!

Activity: 203
July 17, 2013, 03:00:35 PM
keep up the good work and have a safe ride!
Activity: 434
July 17, 2013, 02:19:51 PM
I believe I'm going to queue an amount equal to PPS payout for tomorrow as I'll be hurrying back to get the minirig hashing for us. I'll add the +/- to Friday's payout.

Cheers.
July 17, 2013, 02:17:14 PM
Hi Patrick. I've thought about something like that, but it would be down the road. I'm spreading myself pretty thinly atm.

Cheers.

I know what it is! When you'll have more time (after all these exciting news) I may help you if you want to build something. You gave me some free time with Basic-Mining Wink

Patrick

Careful, I might just take you up on that. Wink
July 17, 2013, 01:23:05 PM
Hi Patrick. I've thought about something like that, but it would be down the road. I'm spreading myself pretty thinly atm.

Cheers.

I know what it is! When you'll have more time (after all these exciting news) I may help you if you want to build something. You gave me some free time with Basic-Mining Wink

Patrick
July 17, 2013, 01:13:15 PM
@creativex: Are you planning to get a website ? I think it would be a good idea for your shareholders and for new people who are interested in your business. News, links, pictures, spreadsheet, what's next, FAQ, contacts, etc. All at the same place seems good to me.

Patrick

Cheers.

July 17, 2013, 01:10:21 PM

Have a nice road trip Smiley

Always a pleasure to follow the updates in this thread and to see how well managed this mining co is - great job, creativex.

Thank you gents, I appreciate it.

I was going to ask about when new equipment would be acquired. Clearly this is something that you are actively working on while you are away from the boards.

Thank you for your continued efforts on this "little startup". Can't wait until you tell us that you are no longer living in a home, but a mining facility (or has that happened already?). Grin

Hi cashmere. Yes this is taking more of my time than I'd originally intended, but it's been fun.

Cheers.

Give or take, I don't tend to monitor exchange rates all that closely. It's been more fillet mignon than ramen since my college days, this virtual company hasn't changed my diet much. I would hope most virtual shareholders would agree that I've earned my puppy chow. Cool
July 17, 2013, 01:01:20 PM
@creativex: Are you planning to get a website ? I think it would be a good idea for your shareholders and for new people who are interested in your business. News, links, pictures, spreadsheet, what's next, FAQ, contacts, etc. All at the same place seems good to me.

@carnitastaco: At least creativex could write a book in a few years about his story Wink

Patrick
Pages:
Jump to: