Pages:
Author

Topic: Building a 600 CORES - Supercomputer to mine VeriumReserve - page 6. (Read 12721 times)

Activity: 341
Merit: 10
@cryptovagas
It's finished. I'l post a picture tomorrow  Grin

when is tomorrow Cheesy

and inform us about the network u will free your beast there, wanna to see hash changes there  Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
It's finished. I'l post a picture tomorrow  Grin

Thank you for the good work, I'm really looking forward for it, and Hopefully not A picture, but pictureS so we can get our nerdgasm

It is very amazing post and updates. Did you cluster all odroid into one? I was wondering clustering should save hassle in management, but wondering if it is possible to mine.

I believe it is possible to mine without any issues, since each SoC is an independent worker and doesn't rely on the other.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
It is very amazing post and updates. Did you cluster all odroid into one? I was wondering clustering should save hassle in management, but wondering if it is possible to mine.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 562
Blockchain Core Dev
It's finished. I'l post a picture tomorrow  Grin
ubuntu minimal, i have just to wire them up tomorrow morning  Smiley

Alright, really looking up for tomorrow and hopefully we will get some results, also if you don't mind, can you try some CFD software later on or any numerical simulation software you might have ? for the sake of benchmarking

I can simply create a script to calculate the prime numbers from 0 to X, run on a single one, then run in parallel. For a fast test.
Time is running low, not only for this build, but also because in some days i'll not have much time to dedicate. The goal is getting this running "on is own".

Smiley

Yes I understand, if you can at least run a linpack benchmark or geekbench if possible, and those mining numbers It would be fun to see how those SoCs campares to your average CPU, I might be inspired by your work and do something similar and smaller scale at first and scale up afterward
Blockchain Core Dev

Alright, really looking up for tomorrow and hopefully we will get some results, also if you don't mind, can you try some CFD software later on or any numerical simulation software you might have ? for the sake of benchmarking

I can simply create a script to calculate the prime numbers from 0 to X, run on a single one, then run in parallel. For a fast test.
Time is running low, not only for this build, but also because in some days i'll not have much time to dedicate. The goal is getting this running "on is own".

Smiley

Blockchain Core Dev
Read better! 600 cores, not machines!
Machines are 75! Tongue

I'm sorry when I commented I wasn't under my dose of caffeine I didn't get enough sleep in the last 72hours, Yes those are 8 cores SoCs so You are basically done, with the installation now is time for some fine tuning to get the best performance out of those core, by the way what OS/distro are you running on them right now

Machines are 75! Tongue

I'm sorry when I commented I wasn't under my dose of caffeine I didn't get enough sleep in the last 72hours, Yes those are 8 cores SoCs so You are basically done, with the installation now is time for some fine tuning to get the best performance out of those core, by the way what OS/distro are you running on them right now
Blockchain Core Dev
PSU are warm, and pulling out hot air from a flank, it's a good idea.
Number 75 flashed! Sally will b up and running by tomorrow!  Kiss

Oh I thought the PSUs were exhausting outside, now I understand, 75 great news, 525 to go, you are getting faster at it, I think in a couple of weeks we will see a full 600 machines results good job !

Machines are 75! Tongue

Oh I thought the PSUs were exhausting outside, now I understand, 75 great news, 525 to go, you are getting faster at it, I think in a couple of weeks we will see a full 600 machines results good job !
Blockchain Core Dev
Well!
I've found out two of the 40 miners were hanging with no reason. I'm reflashing both, hoping to fix the issue. I don't want a broken board now!

So i've added some fan on the right panel. Also because, as everyone knows, RGB gives you 30% more of hashrate  Grin

Considering the frequencies you are running at, the architecture you are using you shouldn't even need those, are there any components specifically overheating ?

I mean the SoC them selfs use a Watt or two at most tree but like you said better safe than sorry also, the cooler they run the better they run and no trottling risk

Well!
I've found out two of the 40 miners were hanging with no reason. I'm reflashing both, hoping to fix the issue. I don't want a broken board now!

So i've added some fan on the right panel. Also because, as everyone knows, RGB gives you 30% more of hashrate  Grin

Considering the frequencies you are running at, the architecture you are using you shouldn't even need those, are there any components specifically overheating ?

I mean the SoC them selfs use a Watt or two at most tree but like you said better safe than sorry also, the cooler they run the better they run and no trottling risk
Blockchain Core Dev
Well!

@cryptovagas
Your equipment is impressive. I think many on this forum would like to have such a set of computer equipment. You have more resources. I wish you success.

"would like to have" ??

I'll die to SEE it in action Cheesy
Should I quantify? Flashing each one takes 20 mins/each. Wiring? Tons of time. I've spent 5k on materials, but feels like i've spent 10k only in "manual work"  Grin

Yes this is what I'm getting at, sounds, like a lot of work but if it is a hobby you are enjoying and you have the time to allocate, I think it's really worth it even if the ROI is not there this project can have many other use cases other than just mining
Blockchain Core Dev
Impressive, can we get along the way the cost for components and the amount of hours spent on your project and what values are you getting ?

Should I quantify? Flashing each one takes 20 mins/each. Wiring? Tons of time. I've spent 5k on materials, but feels like i've spent 10k only in "manual work"  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
Your equipment is impressive. I think many on this forum would like to have such a set of computer equipment. You have more resources. I wish you success.
@cryptovagas
Impressive, can we get along the way the cost for components and the amount of hours spent on your project and values are you getting ?

Also I'm really interested in the rendering part, If I understood correctly these are ARM SoCs so no X64 X86 right ? so you much be running some linux distro, can CFD or other numerical simulation software run on those ?

Looking forward to the development of this project and the results

woow, too much technical points, i feel like i am a kid stuck between 2 professors of university Cheesy
WOW, impressive ! I'll follow this thread too

Man, you're a beast ! you should sell some professional rigs like this, you'll become rich Smiley

Good luck for finishing all this

you are not alone buddy, in last few days, i am just coming here to see ho jacko is doing Cheesy
Activity: 403
Merit: 101
WOW, impressive ! I'll follow this thread too

Man, you're a beast ! you should sell some professional rigs like this, you'll become rich Smiley

Good luck for finishing all this
Pages:
Jump to: