Pages:
Author

Topic: Building a 600 CORES - Supercomputer to mine VeriumReserve - page 9. (Read 12721 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Impressive, I am following this thread. Smiley
Activity: 1148
Merit: 562
Blockchain Core Dev
Haha! "render some works"
What are you going to render? The entire world?
Just joking. You have something in mind and the informational thread you've made is awesome. I'd really love to see more from you and your works. Hopefully this whole thing pays out at the end. Good Luck, man!

Well sometimes we have to compute jobs for work, this will come really handy with mpich  Smiley
Slovakia, yeah, maybe, buy you cannot beat power consumptions advantages with SBCs:)
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Haha! "render some works"
What are you going to render? The entire world?
Just joking. You have something in mind and the informational thread you've made is awesome. I'd really love to see more from you and your works. Hopefully this whole thing pays out at the end. Good Luck, man!
Activity: 770
@jacko0088, can you release your mining stat?

im curious if you can kill pools with your hash rates Cheesy
are you kidding? his hashrate is very poor  Wink
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Network plan  Smiley

Nice network plan, I'm excited to see your full setup  Smiley
Activity: 31
Way to go! What I like more here is that you have a side use for all this power, it somehow resembles the beginnings of bitcoin mining
Blockchain Core Dev
Network plan  Smiley

Activity: 46
This is great project hope to see the result soon. I am a verium miner myself and searching for the one using ODROID
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
Daamn, that ROI is a SOB, but hopefully the price rises, a lot. Smiley
Blockchain Core Dev
wooow man you are really something

wish you luck and also success, im gonna use my own PC's for mining too, few 1050ti and 970
, lets see if i can beat you on total hash Cheesy

actually i think you are working better than most of so-called dev o token board with much more better road map Wink

I was a dev too..in the past.. Smiley
Activity: 341
@cryptovagas
wooow man you are really something

wish you luck and also success, im gonna use my own PC's for mining too, few 1050ti and 970
, lets see if i can beat you on total hash Cheesy

actually i think you are working better than most of so-called dev o token board with much more better road map Wink
Blockchain Core Dev
Thank you boys,
no stats to share yet, I'm still waiting for the boards to come.
Also I've just finished creating a configuration file which allows me to share wifi over eth0. (This will go to the main controller).

I've succesfully a stable WiFi connection in my basement (4 meters under terrain).  5Mb/s downlink, 0.5Mb/s uplink.

Smiley
@cryptovagas
@jacko0088, can you release your mining stat?

im curious if you can kill pools with your hash rates Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1008
@cryptovagas

There's no public equipment, I've buyed all those components on my own Smiley

in this case im very happy for you that you could follow your love and build something like that, wish you success and really consider solar or wind electricity if you live somewhere you have access to free lands.

in such cases, even a small farm can help you decrease bills heavily in a small window time Wink
Blockchain Core Dev
The problem I see with this build is that IF mining becomes unprofitable, then it becomes a massive task to sell off the parts. I'm assuming the ordoids will be harder to sell than "normal" Intel chips.

I've sold 25 odroids in 3 days, those are easy to resell Wink

What's good for CPU mining is RAM and cache. Most CPU friendly coins can't fullly load a desktop CPU due to memory
and cache limitations. Each Verium thread requires 1 GB. Any SBC with more RAM will do better, 8 cores is overkill.
Idle cores don't use much power but what they do use is wasted.

False. Atleast not on ARM architecture. Let me explain.

1 Thread use 128MB of ram. (this is called 1way mining)

If the miner and your processor is capable of some special instruction, you can use 3 way.

1 Thread --> splitted in 3 little worker using 128MB each.

On my I7, it uses 8 cores with (128MB x 3) x 8 -->3072MB

On ARM, you just use 1way and the trick is done:

8 Cores --> 8 Threads --> 1024MB of ram

600cores used just for mining???

am i the only one here thinks of using public equipment or misusing from not very own cores?

1 of my friends told sth like this way before mining got popular, after some time we noticed that he was using his university computers to mine which cost him losing education opportunity

hope you are doing this legally ans in this case wish u success.

also some recommendation, for such electricity consumption, u can really consider green energy solutions Wink

There's no public equipment, I've buyed all those components on my own Smiley

@cryptovagas
600cores used just for mining???

am i the only one here thinks of using public equipment or misusing from not very own cores?

1 of my friends told sth like this way before mining got popular, after some time we noticed that he was using his university computers to mine which cost him losing education opportunity

hope you are doing this legally ans in this case wish u success.

also some recommendation, for such electricity consumption, u can really consider green energy solutions Wink
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Interesting build!

I like the concept of building a large miner of many smaller energy effecient units. I wonder how the odroid XU4 compares to an Intel Atom X5-Z8350? These small boards are based on Z8350: http://www.up-board.org/upcore/

Alternatively buy many cheap Z83II miniPC on ebay.
But maybe they are not so good at mining, I have not tried.

What's good for CPU mining is RAM and cache. Most CPU friendly coins can't fullly load a desktop CPU due to memory
and cache limitations. Each Verium thread requires 1 GB. Any SBC with more RAM will do better, 8 cores is overkill.
Idle cores don't use much power but what they do use is wasted.
Activity: 251
The problem I see with this build is that IF mining becomes unprofitable, then it becomes a massive task to sell off the parts. I'm assuming the ordoids will be harder to sell than "normal" Intel chips.
Activity: 276
Merit: 13
Interesting build!

I like the concept of building a large miner of many smaller energy effecient units. I wonder how the odroid XU4 compares to an Intel Atom X5-Z8350? These small boards are based on Z8350: http://www.up-board.org/upcore/

Alternatively buy many cheap Z83II miniPC on ebay.
But maybe they are not so good at mining, I have not tried.
Pages:
Jump to: